Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dear Mr Clement part 2 09:44 - Apr 6 with 2494 viewsdickythorpe

Why the fecking feck did you bring McBurnie on last night but not against Boro????
Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 09:55 - Apr 6 with 1898 viewsDarran

To be honest I've no idea why he brought him on at all because he looks like a million miles away from being a Premier League player.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 09:58 - Apr 6 with 1889 viewsPegojack

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 09:55 - Apr 6 by Darran

To be honest I've no idea why he brought him on at all because he looks like a million miles away from being a Premier League player.

A bit unfair, Darran, he was fresh legs, which were desperately needed as Ayew looked totally sh*gged. And he ALMOST created the second goal which would have been a game changer, if Siggy hadn't fecked up the clever back heel.
Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 10:01 - Apr 6 with 1872 viewsDarran

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 09:58 - Apr 6 by Pegojack

A bit unfair, Darran, he was fresh legs, which were desperately needed as Ayew looked totally sh*gged. And he ALMOST created the second goal which would have been a game changer, if Siggy hadn't fecked up the clever back heel.

I'm not having a go Michael I just think he's got a long way to go to become a player. I completely undetstand about Ayew he was donald ducked.

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 10:06 - Apr 6 with 1851 viewsPegojack

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 10:01 - Apr 6 by Darran

I'm not having a go Michael I just think he's got a long way to go to become a player. I completely undetstand about Ayew he was donald ducked.

Yes, you're right, and it's a huge condemnation of the sell-outs and the new owners that Clement only had him to call on last night.

The lad may still have a long way to go, but we shouldn't underestimate the massive step up we are asking him to make from U23 level to Premier League. He's shown enough for me to have faith that he has a future with us, specially if we're in the Championship next season.
Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 10:07 - Apr 6 with 1840 viewsDarran

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 10:06 - Apr 6 by Pegojack

Yes, you're right, and it's a huge condemnation of the sell-outs and the new owners that Clement only had him to call on last night.

The lad may still have a long way to go, but we shouldn't underestimate the massive step up we are asking him to make from U23 level to Premier League. He's shown enough for me to have faith that he has a future with us, specially if we're in the Championship next season.

Indeed.

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 10:13 - Apr 6 with 1808 viewsBorojack

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 10:01 - Apr 6 by Darran

At least he had his socks up.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 10:22 - Apr 6 with 1764 viewsgiantstoneater

A brief cameo for McB but he showed up quite well perhaps the question should be why didn`t we bring on our star 15 million pound signing. I don`t know why he brought on Ki if you are controlling the midfield fine bring him on, but why bring him on when we needed a bit of dog which we lost when Fer went to right back. I would prefer Fulton on the bench before Ki who is the softest player in the team.
Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 10:26 - Apr 6 with 1743 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 10:22 - Apr 6 by giantstoneater

A brief cameo for McB but he showed up quite well perhaps the question should be why didn`t we bring on our star 15 million pound signing. I don`t know why he brought on Ki if you are controlling the midfield fine bring him on, but why bring him on when we needed a bit of dog which we lost when Fer went to right back. I would prefer Fulton on the bench before Ki who is the softest player in the team.

This.
Also Ollie did a lot harassing in the mid field stopping forward progress when Spurs had the ball, unlike Ki.
Login to get fewer ads

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 12:31 - Apr 6 with 1607 viewsDarran

People are quite clearly looking for something from McBurnie which at this momemt in time isn't there,you could see that from the heroes welcome he got last night when coming on. Why he got that I really don't know. The great white hope.

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 12:59 - Apr 6 with 1509 viewsnantywatcher

O McB is more than good enough to be in the starting line up, and I'd be happy if that happens Saturday if Llorente is still struggling, although I thought Ayew put in a brilliant shift last night (it's very easy to spot the people on this forum whose football knowledge amounts to next to nothing.)
Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 13:04 - Apr 6 with 1485 viewsDarran

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 12:59 - Apr 6 by nantywatcher

O McB is more than good enough to be in the starting line up, and I'd be happy if that happens Saturday if Llorente is still struggling, although I thought Ayew put in a brilliant shift last night (it's very easy to spot the people on this forum whose football knowledge amounts to next to nothing.)

Based on?

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 13:05 - Apr 6 with 1475 viewsnantywatcher

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 13:04 - Apr 6 by Darran

Based on?

Watching him play.
Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 13:06 - Apr 6 with 1463 viewsE20Jack

People complaining day before yesterday that he wasn't being given a game. He gives him a game and people moan.

Can't win.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 13:16 - Apr 6 with 1424 viewsCooperman

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 13:05 - Apr 6 by nantywatcher

Watching him play.

Watching him play against reserve team defenders?

It's all relative.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 13:16 - Apr 6 with 1421 viewsDarran

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 13:05 - Apr 6 by nantywatcher

Watching him play.

For the first team?

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 13:24 - Apr 6 with 1393 viewsvetchonian

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 13:04 - Apr 6 by Darran

Based on?

In fairness the lad knows where the back of the net is has scored consistently for the Under 23s.....I know its a different level but where do you think others start?
Were Vardy, Kane born to just waltz into the PL.....When he has had cameos Olli has not looked out of place....sometimes promising players need to be thrown in the deep end and its not that in our history it hasnt been tried with success, Dudley Lewis as Tosh said in our promotion season we had a problem at CB and it was either pick himself there or use cuddley Dudley.....it worked ...and whilst not an outstanding defender he played his part and did well in the old first div. More recently the likes of Joe Allen....ok he didnt step up to the PL but to 2nd division (championship) from the youth not under 23 set up and then there's Ben.
We have already seen to our cost that so called established players costing millions fail so why not try out some homegrown talent .......he seems to know how to score and I thought he did well last night when he came on

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 13:30 - Apr 6 with 1371 viewsDarran

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 13:24 - Apr 6 by vetchonian

In fairness the lad knows where the back of the net is has scored consistently for the Under 23s.....I know its a different level but where do you think others start?
Were Vardy, Kane born to just waltz into the PL.....When he has had cameos Olli has not looked out of place....sometimes promising players need to be thrown in the deep end and its not that in our history it hasnt been tried with success, Dudley Lewis as Tosh said in our promotion season we had a problem at CB and it was either pick himself there or use cuddley Dudley.....it worked ...and whilst not an outstanding defender he played his part and did well in the old first div. More recently the likes of Joe Allen....ok he didnt step up to the PL but to 2nd division (championship) from the youth not under 23 set up and then there's Ben.
We have already seen to our cost that so called established players costing millions fail so why not try out some homegrown talent .......he seems to know how to score and I thought he did well last night when he came on

Well Vardy and Kane didn't go straight from a glorified youth team to the premier league that's for sure.

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 13:48 - Apr 6 with 1298 viewsvetchonian

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 13:30 - Apr 6 by Darran

Well Vardy and Kane didn't go straight from a glorified youth team to the premier league that's for sure.

YOu are right Kane went from the Spurs youth team to Leyton Orient on loan from January 2011 untill the end of that season under the mamangement of one Russell Slade.
In August 2011 Kane made his debut for the Spurs first team.....Ollie by the way has previous experience of playing for league clubs in the lower leagues Bradford,Chester,Newport and Bristol where he has scored goals in those competetive leagues against big boys so by contrast Ollie has had more experience of big boys football than Kane did!

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 13:56 - Apr 6 with 1278 viewsjack247

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 13:24 - Apr 6 by vetchonian

He isn't as good as Vardy or Kane.
Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 13:57 - Apr 6 with 1270 viewsvetchonian

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 13:56 - Apr 6 by jack247

He isn't as good as Vardy or Kane.

again based on what?

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 14:08 - Apr 6 with 1233 viewsjack247

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 13:57 - Apr 6 by vetchonian

again based on what?

Seriously?

You think he would be behind Ayew in the pecking order if he was?
Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 14:17 - Apr 6 with 1212 viewsLoyal

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 09:58 - Apr 6 by Pegojack

Should have had a dip himself.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 14:18 - Apr 6 with 1207 viewsvetchonian

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 14:08 - Apr 6 by jack247

Seriously?

I am not saying he is the finished article yet...but he is better suited to the way we played on Sunday than Ayew.....and Ayew was the right choice to start last night .
But I cannot understand Darrens comments ...the lad has potential I used the Vardy and Kane comparisons because they started somewhere......actually Vardy came from the COnference to the PL.......thats one hell of a leap! And it took a couple of seasons for Kane to establish himself at Spurs.....how do we know Ollie cannot develop into being the same?
Mabagers need to be wise how they use promising youngsters as their confidence can get burned but from the few cameos McBurnie has had I dont think he has looked like a little boy lost as some on here but I seem to see a lot of things about lots of players differently. HI isnt Vardy or Kane yet but at one time they were where Olli is now.

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 14:32 - Apr 6 with 1170 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 14:08 - Apr 6 by jack247

Seriously?

By that argument do you think Fulton should be so far behind Ki that he does not even appear on the bench?
When he has twice the presence on the field.
Ollie went straight on the attack every time he got the ball and when he didn't have it he chased Spurs players all over the field.
Not many would say he is ready tyo strat other than cup games, but he should certainly be on the bench and used as a sub like last night.
Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 14:34 - Apr 6 with 1162 viewsDarran

Dear Mr Clement part 2 on 13:48 - Apr 6 by vetchonian

YOu are right Kane went from the Spurs youth team to Leyton Orient on loan from January 2011 untill the end of that season under the mamangement of one Russell Slade.
In August 2011 Kane made his debut for the Spurs first team.....Ollie by the way has previous experience of playing for league clubs in the lower leagues Bradford,Chester,Newport and Bristol where he has scored goals in those competetive leagues against big boys so by contrast Ollie has had more experience of big boys football than Kane did!

He never scored a goal for Bradford or Bristol in 20 games and Chester are non-league.

Look mate he might be a future Alan Shearer but it's quite clear that at this moment in time he isn't good enough.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024