Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Captaincy 16:57 - Apr 6 with 2385 viewsperchrockjack

Sorry...

Would it be the case that had we a genuine balls out leader on the pitch and a captain who can " influence" the ref ,we might be in a slightly better position.

Last night was a case in point

Nearly there and like a horse on the Grand National run in ,we needed to be driven on hard.

We weren't .

We fell

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Captaincy on 16:58 - Apr 6 with 1724 viewsDarran

No it wouldn't.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Captaincy on 17:00 - Apr 6 with 1724 viewsperchrockjack

Thanks for your swift comment

My belief...it's possible, nah probable

We ve needed to be bullied at times and last night ,as I say ,a case in point of nearly crossing the line.
It's happened before

Worst way to lose

The Captaincy on 17:06 - Apr 6 with 1710 viewsunion_jack

The Captaincy on 16:58 - Apr 6 by Darran

No it wouldn't.

I think it would help. He's not the best leader f5om a spectators eye I've got to say. They needed to have put every bit of their bodies on the line until that whistle went but stood off them time after time.

Olsson (?) should have been told to put the ball back to the keeper and play it into space. But no, he tried to take on his marker and lost out. I think that led to the equalise though I may be wrong. A captain of worth would have been screaming at all the players to do the sensible thing.

Anyway, it was a one-sided game on the whole and 3-1 was just about right. It was the timing of the goals and the capitulation that got to me. House of cards!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Captaincy on 17:08 - Apr 6 with 1702 viewsperchrockjack

Thanks union.

Actually I think it's vital to find a captain of substance for next season

The Captaincy on 17:09 - Apr 6 with 1695 viewsDarran

The Captaincy on 17:00 - Apr 6 by perchrockjack

Thanks for your swift comment

My belief...it's possible, nah probable

We ve needed to be bullied at times and last night ,as I say ,a case in point of nearly crossing the line.
It's happened before

Worst way to lose

I don't think we are where we are because the captain hasn't been in the refs face myself but you're entitled to think that if you want.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Captaincy on 17:17 - Apr 6 with 1671 viewsunion_jack

The Captaincy on 17:09 - Apr 6 by Darran

I don't think we are where we are because the captain hasn't been in the refs face myself but you're entitled to think that if you want.

I don't think he needs to be in the ref's face but I do believe the players need to be motivated and instructed so that there is no doubt what their task is.

It's not a tangible assessment, but I just don't see Cork as captain material.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Captaincy on 17:37 - Apr 6 with 1617 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Haven't a fvcking clue why Jack Cork is the captain. He's the most passive, unassertive guy on the pitch, and I'm not just talking about his play. It's clear as day that Sigurdsson should be the captain, not him.

Come on you Swans.

The Captaincy on 17:46 - Apr 6 with 1592 viewspencoedjack

If hes still here next season Alfie should be captain imo
Login to get fewer ads

The Captaincy on 17:52 - Apr 6 with 1574 viewsFlashberryjack

The Captaincy on 17:46 - Apr 6 by pencoedjack

If hes still here next season Alfie should be captain imo

He's got future captain written all over him........but not quite yet IMO.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Captaincy on 18:08 - Apr 6 with 1538 viewsperchrockjack

Captains are normally either the best player or the most inspirational on the books

Cork is neither

Cork is virtually dumb when we ve been shafted before his very eyes

Mawson has indeed got captain all over him.

He said one we need to keep but it wouldn't surprise me if Jenkins sells . Which is why Jenkins really should be elsewhere asxwecstart next season

The Captaincy on 18:25 - Apr 6 with 1504 viewslifelong

The Captaincy on 18:08 - Apr 6 by perchrockjack

Captains are normally either the best player or the most inspirational on the books

Cork is neither

Cork is virtually dumb when we ve been shafted before his very eyes

Mawson has indeed got captain all over him.

He said one we need to keep but it wouldn't surprise me if Jenkins sells . Which is why Jenkins really should be elsewhere asxwecstart next season

Mawson is very inexperienced, he needs a couple of seasons before he'll be ready.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2017 18:45]
The Captaincy on 18:47 - Apr 6 with 1451 viewsperchrockjack

True but he s come on very quickly and looks our best defender ,not saying much granted, but this lad ,if we keep him, will be significant

The Captaincy on 18:51 - Apr 6 with 1443 viewsNeathJack

I'll say one thing in defence of Jack Cork's captaincy. He's not afraid to get in the referee's ear about decisions that are made in a way that Ashley Williams for instance never was, and was noticeably quickly on the scene yesterday when Ayew put in a ropey tackle which the Spurs players reacted to while already on a yellow.

He certainly doesn't come across as an inspirational leader though by any means.
The Captaincy on 18:58 - Apr 6 with 1424 viewsploppy

Cork's no captain. He chips away at the ref but that's about it. I know he's young but Mawson for me next season if he's still around.
The Captaincy on 20:34 - Apr 6 with 1352 viewsperchrockjack

True neat hie .

I know it's a different sport but for captains of a team I'd say Benaud or McCaw. Two artists

The Captaincy on 08:29 - Apr 7 with 1239 viewsNirvana

The Captaincy on 17:37 - Apr 6 by MyFinalHeaven

Haven't a fvcking clue why Jack Cork is the captain. He's the most passive, unassertive guy on the pitch, and I'm not just talking about his play. It's clear as day that Sigurdsson should be the captain, not him.

I feel this is a bit harsh on Captain Jack but I agree with most of it, especially the Siggy as captain bit. He leads by example, is the most hardworking and passionate, and isn't afraid to get in someone's face about BS (Barragan last weekend comes to mind). The guy is also our only class footballer, and has served the Swans nobly for many years now. He deserves it and there really isn't a justifiable reason against it.

By all accounts Captain Jack is a good guy, probably too much so. Good guys usually don't make good captains, and I think he's a good example of that.
The Captaincy on 09:59 - Apr 7 with 1191 viewsSTID2017

I have to say that I have criticised Jack Cork many times this season and would happily have seen him sold off.
However on Wednesday night he led by example and tried as hard anyone to get us a result.
He has deserved criticism on many occasions - this wasn't one of them though

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Captaincy on 10:25 - Apr 7 with 1165 viewsswancity

Not like ypu to complain about all things Swansea City

By the way, you need leaders on the pitch. Note plural. Whether that be your local under 7s team or World Cup winners. Arm band not required but players who lead by example are.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The Captaincy on 10:27 - Apr 7 with 1161 viewsperchrockjack

Not like you to bring personal agenda ...plural...on to a thread

Cork an inspiration then ?

All things must pass

The Captaincy on 10:35 - Apr 7 with 1154 viewsAngelRangelQS

We've been lacking leaders all season, quite clearly.

In effect we've lost good leaders in Rangel, Williams and Leon and even Ayew to an extent...
The Captaincy on 10:37 - Apr 7 with 1152 viewsswancity

Cork has been doing ok. So have the other players you constantly whinge about like an old cockle woman: Naughton, Routledge and Fernandez. Who all played well on Weds night. You know the two old lady sketch that Les Dawson used to do? That's you. 😂

The Captaincy on 10:48 - Apr 7 with 1133 viewsperchrockjack

What both

Do you remember on whom barrowclough and Dawson based that sketch

The Captaincy on 10:54 - Apr 7 with 1118 viewsswancity

The Captaincy on 10:48 - Apr 7 by perchrockjack

What both

Do you remember on whom barrowclough and Dawson based that sketch

Yes you and Prosser

The Captaincy on 11:09 - Apr 7 with 1095 viewsManBearSwan2

I think the best captains are at the heart of the team, either centre backs or centre midfield. At a stretch Goal Keepers as they can see everything. Attacking captains seem away from the guts of the action in the middle of the park imo.
The Captaincy on 11:51 - Apr 7 with 1061 viewsjack247

You don't have to be a John Terry type to be an effective captain. Having the respect and trust of your teammates and manager is as important as aggressive leading.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024