Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chopsy do Gooders .... 22:06 - Apr 10 with 2820 viewsLoyal

Hark at this mouthy bint on here.
She is he epitome of why we as a world are in the shit.

I'm sick of these people.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39554421
[Post edited 10 Apr 2017 22:06]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 22:16 - Apr 10 with 2530 viewssherpajacob

Am I getting this right?

Due to corporate greed an airline overbooks it's flight.

I've been on overbooked flights and the normal offer is to say you can fly first class tomorrow and stay in a 5 star hotel tonight if you give up your seat.

Obviously their offer this time was not that generous.

So some security thugs assault a doctor, who needs to be at a hospital saving lives the next day, and drag him.off.

And the world's problems are due to a woman shouting out what they are doing is wrong.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 22:17 - Apr 10 with 2528 viewsPURe_Evil

Am I missing something here?
Chopsy do Gooders .... on 23:01 - Apr 10 with 2440 viewsmajorraglan

Scandalous behaviour by the airline and security, its my understanding the plane was overbooked and that they needed the space to move standby crew to another location.

I reckon someone's going to be sued!
Chopsy do Gooders .... on 23:40 - Apr 10 with 2385 viewsCooperman

I'm certain that there will be more to it than the headline implies.

Police force members don't board an aircraft unless it's necessary to do so. However what they then do will be beyond the control of the airline.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 07:16 - Apr 11 with 2229 viewsKilkennyjack

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 23:40 - Apr 10 by Cooperman

Police force members don't board an aircraft unless it's necessary to do so. However what they then do will be beyond the control of the airline.

Bollox - the airline was greedy and over booked. Everything else that happened was a direct consequence of that corporate greed.

Airline - big fine and major policy change.
Thug police - jail for assault.

Beware of the Risen People

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 08:18 - Apr 11 with 2161 viewsSTID2017

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 22:16 - Apr 10 by sherpajacob

Am I getting this right?

I've been on overbooked flights and the normal offer is to say you can fly first class tomorrow and stay in a 5 star hotel tonight if you give up your seat.

So some security thugs assault a doctor, who needs to be at a hospital saving lives the next day, and drag him.off.

And the world's problems are due to a woman shouting out what they are doing is wrong.

Apparently they offered $800 dollars per passenger & tickets on an alternative flight, which is not to be sneezed at.
However there were no volunteers, so the computer picked four passengers at random.
This, and what followed was wholly unacceptable.
If I were any passenger on that plane I'd never fly with United again

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 08:20 - Apr 11 with 2150 viewsSTID2017

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 23:40 - Apr 10 by Cooperman

Nothing more to it than the headline implies.
The story is from United's own press office, although they have tried to make themselves sound more reasonable than they actually were

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 08:28 - Apr 11 with 2132 viewspikeypaul

Legal expert on radio 5 earlier explained that the pilot is in sole control of the plane and since he had instructed the passenger to leave the plane which he is legally entitled to do for any reason including this one (over booking of seats) the passenger rightly or wrongly was the one breaking the law in refusing to get off.
The passenger is total fecking drama queen so I have no sympathy.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Login to get fewer ads

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 08:45 - Apr 11 with 2103 viewsCooperman

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 07:16 - Apr 11 by Kilkennyjack

Bollox - the airline was greedy and over booked. Everything else that happened was a direct consequence of that corporate greed.

Airline - big fine and major policy change.
Thug police - jail for assault.

Overbooking in the industry is commonplace. Every airline ticket sold has something in the small print that states that the airline can change this ticket if they are required to do so; it doesn't matter whether this is a 1 hour regional flight or 12 hours long haul in first class. Overselling seats simply allows them to maximise yields as over the course of time there are a percentage of passengers that don't turn up for their flight and the overselling avoids empty seats.

What I find staggering is the fact that the airline was requiring the seat in order to relocate aircrew. You're right about policy change; where the hell was the United positioning plan.

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 08:47 - Apr 11 with 2101 viewsSTID2017

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 08:28 - Apr 11 by pikeypaul

Legal expert on radio 5 earlier explained that the pilot is in sole control of the plane and since he had instructed the passenger to leave the plane which he is legally entitled to do for any reason including this one (over booking of seats) the passenger rightly or wrongly was the one breaking the law in refusing to get off.

I assume you know him, otherwise how can you make such a damning statement ?
Any passenger who's paid good money deserves what they have paid for, unless they become unruly.
Can't imagine many on here who wouldn't have reacted badly if they were suddenly kicked off a plane at random

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 08:56 - Apr 11 with 2084 viewsDafyddHuw

Your last sentence -

You wouldn't be a Brexiteer by any chance?
Chopsy do Gooders .... on 09:00 - Apr 11 with 2073 viewsPegojack

I feel that the correct course of action for the airline would have been keep bidding up the offer until someone took it.

The PR damage they have done is enormous and far outweighs the few thousand dollars it would have taken to persuade four people to give up their seat, not to mention the lawsuit that's coming.
Chopsy do Gooders .... on 09:01 - Apr 11 with 2071 viewsCooperman

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 08:47 - Apr 11 by STID2017

I assume you know him, otherwise how can you make such a damning statement ?
Any passenger who's paid good money deserves what they have paid for, unless they become unruly.
Can't imagine many on here who wouldn't have reacted badly if they were suddenly kicked off a plane at random

No, you're wrong. When you purchase an airline ticket you accept that the airline has the right to change that ticket.

I know it doesn't sound right but it's the reality.

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 09:14 - Apr 11 with 2040 viewspikeypaul

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 08:56 - Apr 11 by DafyddHuw

Your last sentence -

You wouldn't be a Brexiteer by any chance?

No,voted remain but happy leave won now I know all the emergency budget within a week,30% collapse in the ftse100, 20 % decrease in my house price,etc,etc was all bullshite.
It also makes me laugh at the pathetic, childish,foot stamping, remoaners who are still
not able to accept democracy and reality.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2017 9:18]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 11:24 - Apr 11 with 1945 viewsLoyal

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 22:16 - Apr 10 by sherpajacob

Am I getting this right?

All she knows is when she opens her mouth either noise comes out or something goes in.

However, yes this will be some law suit 😂
Settled out of court for 100k plus.
Im not sure these transit coppers were doing any more than using reasonable force, if it was thuggery then he would be beaten to shit, no thuggery takes place. Im looking at it objectively.
I suppose with no agenda.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2017 11:28]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 11:40 - Apr 11 with 1927 viewsSTID2017

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 09:01 - Apr 11 by Cooperman

No, you're wrong. When you purchase an airline ticket you accept that the airline has the right to change that ticket.

I know it doesn't sound right but it's the reality.

We all know there are terms and conditions with everything.
However I suppose it's naive to expect 99% of those T&C's never to be actioned.
United's actions toward this passenger were incomprehensible and indefensible.

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 11:40 - Apr 11 with 1926 viewsepaul

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/united-airlines-video-latest-le

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 13:19 - Apr 11 with 1856 viewsHighjack

If the airport authorities asked him to leave the plane and he refused, what options do they have apart from dragging him off? As long as they've given him plenty of chances to leave peacefully (don't know if they did or not) then it has to be the last course of action to forcefully remove him.

Doesn't excuse the airline for the shoddy service in the first place but if he's holding up the plane they've got to think of all the other travellers and get him off.

Common sense completely lacking on all sides.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 13:57 - Apr 11 with 1816 viewsCooperman

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 13:19 - Apr 11 by Highjack

If the airport authorities asked him to leave the plane and he refused, what options do they have apart from dragging him off? As long as they've given him plenty of chances to leave peacefully (don't know if they did or not) then it has to be the last course of action to forcefully remove him.

Doesn't excuse the airline for the shoddy service in the first place but if he's holding up the plane they've got to think of all the other travellers and get him off.

Common sense completely lacking on all sides.

Common sense isn't actually that common.

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 20:18 - Apr 11 with 1652 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 20:46 - Apr 12 with 1434 viewsHighjack

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 13:57 - Apr 11 by Cooperman

Common sense isn't actually that common.

Our wretched species is so made that those who walk on the well-trodden path always throw stones at those who are showing a new road.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 23:10 - Apr 12 with 1362 viewsHighjack

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 10:46 - Apr 13 with 1247 viewscontroversial_jack

Overbooking, is a civil dispute not a criminal or police matter.
Chopsy do Gooders .... on 11:08 - Apr 13 with 1230 viewsHighjack

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 10:46 - Apr 13 by controversial_jack

Overbooking, is a civil dispute not a criminal or police matter.

Overbooking is yeah, but if the pilot has asked him to leave and he hasn't then it's a criminal matter. The airline probably would have every right to press charges against the man that was dragged off and would probably win but of course they won't because of the explosion of negative PR they would get.

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 13:40 - Apr 13 with 1170 viewscontroversial_jack

Chopsy do Gooders .... on 11:08 - Apr 13 by Highjack

Overbooking is yeah, but if the pilot has asked him to leave and he hasn't then it's a criminal matter. The airline probably would have every right to press charges against the man that was dragged off and would probably win but of course they won't because of the explosion of negative PR they would get.

The pilot would not have singled out an individual for removal as he had done nothing wrong, broken no laws or no rules, and had paid fully for his passage..The airline should have asked for volunteers, and if not, then upped their offer, which I believe was well below what US law would have compensated them for So no, it's not a criminal matter at all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024