Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread 11:26 - Apr 11 with 33677 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 15 Apr 2017 14:05]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 12:53 - Apr 12 with 7202 viewsjackharris

Did you know?

This will be the fourth time Watford and Swansea City have faced each other in the Premier League, with each team's record being W1 D1 L1.

A PL-high 24% of Swansea City's total attempted shots this season have been headers, while they have also attempted the most headed shots (84).

The Hornets have scored the highest proportion of goals in the opening 15 minutes of Premier League matches this season — 25% (9/36).

Troy Deeney has scored six goals in his last eight Premier League starts for Watford, including in his last four appearances at Vicarage Road.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:18 - Apr 12 with 7178 viewsbuilthjack

Tickets still available for this one

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:29 - Apr 12 with 7144 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 12:53 - Apr 12 by jackharris

Did you know?

This will be the fourth time Watford and Swansea City have faced each other in the Premier League, with each team's record being W1 D1 L1.

A PL-high 24% of Swansea City's total attempted shots this season have been headers, while they have also attempted the most headed shots (84).

The Hornets have scored the highest proportion of goals in the opening 15 minutes of Premier League matches this season — 25% (9/36).

Troy Deeney has scored six goals in his last eight Premier League starts for Watford, including in his last four appearances at Vicarage Road.

In the first meeting this season that non rated defender VDH kept Deeney out of the game.
Can you see FF doing so?
The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:33 - Apr 12 with 7143 viewsSmellyplumz

A must win?

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:28 - Apr 12 with 7100 viewspencoedjack

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:29 - Apr 12 by A_Fans_Dad

In the first meeting this season that non rated defender VDH kept Deeney out of the game.
Can you see FF doing so?

I believe there is far more possibility of FF keeping Deeney out than MVD

Deeny obviously had an off day ....

Back to match day

1 all
The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:10 - Apr 12 with 7049 viewsjasper_T

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:29 - Apr 12 by A_Fans_Dad

Can you see FF doing so?

Depends if Deeney even plays.
The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:40 - Apr 12 with 7019 viewsGlyn1

Watford are an ageing group of players who in the last match covered even less ground than our lot. A couple of weeks ago they struggled to beat Sunderland 1 - 0 at home, they have a manager who's under pressure and have nothing much to play for. A tense, nervy match that we win 1 - 2.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2017 17:16]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:46 - Apr 12 with 7011 viewsmonmouth

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:40 - Apr 12 by Glyn1

Watford are an ageing group of players who in the last match covered even less ground than our lot. A couple of weeks ago they struggled to beat Sunderland 1 - 0 at home, they have a manager who's under pressure and have nothing much to play for. A tense, nervy match that we win 1 - 2.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2017 17:16]

I really thought we might catch them a few weeks ago. I can't believe they are 9 points ahead now. Christ, what a shite season this has been.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:59 - Apr 12 with 6997 viewshammy

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:33 - Apr 12 by Smellyplumz

A must win?

They're all must win now !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:38 - Apr 12 with 6962 viewsE20Jack

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:33 - Apr 12 by Smellyplumz

A must win?

Sounds petty but I hate the saying. People have been claiming games are ''must win'' since December, we have lost most of them yet we can still survive. Lose this game and we may still be only 2 pts off safety with 5 to go, draw and we could be a single point off.

A win is of vital importance, but it is not a ''must win''.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:06 - Apr 12 with 6929 viewsLoyal

A must win?

No, not yet.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 19:18 - Apr 12 with 6849 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:06 - Apr 12 by Loyal

No, not yet.

I was a bit worried about Routs saying in the press that the Watford game is almost bigger than a Cup Final.
We need our players to be calm, focussed and on top of their game.
Piling pressure on themselves for one match is not a good idea imho.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:09 - Apr 12 with 6772 viewsRevJames

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:38 - Apr 12 by E20Jack

Sounds petty but I hate the saying. People have been claiming games are ''must win'' since December, we have lost most of them yet we can still survive. Lose this game and we may still be only 2 pts off safety with 5 to go, draw and we could be a single point off.

A win is of vital importance, but it is not a ''must win''.

We are in the last chance saloon

If this isn't a "must win", I despair to think what is
The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:34 - Apr 12 with 6731 viewsLoyal

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 19:18 - Apr 12 by Private_Partz

I was a bit worried about Routs saying in the press that the Watford game is almost bigger than a Cup Final.

It's a two way statement for me.
1. It's piles pressure on as you said.
2. Maybe the overpaid twerps will turn up and put some effort in.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2017 20:45]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:54 - Apr 12 with 6713 viewskarnataka

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 19:18 - Apr 12 by Private_Partz

I understand what you mean but different people can be motivated in completely different ways anyway and part of good man management is being able to recognise who requires what. Some respond well to a right royal b*llocking whereas others respond better to an arm round the shoulder and a quiet word of encouragement. It's never a one size fits all.
The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 21:31 - Apr 12 with 6668 viewsRevJames

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:54 - Apr 12 by karnataka

I understand what you mean but different people can be motivated in completely different ways anyway and part of good man management is being able to recognise who requires what. Some respond well to a right royal b*llocking whereas others respond better to an arm round the shoulder and a quiet word of encouragement. It's never a one size fits all.

Putting them on performance related pay might focus a few minds
The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 21:38 - Apr 12 with 6654 viewskarnataka

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 21:31 - Apr 12 by RevJames

Putting them on performance related pay might focus a few minds

True, but unfortunately, in football, the rewards for abject failure are still more than 99% of normal people get paid. Including his pay-off, how much did Bob Bradley earn for 11 weeks work? Sorry, I mean how much did he get paid - he didn't earn anything.
The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 21:48 - Apr 12 with 6640 viewsRevJames

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 21:38 - Apr 12 by karnataka

True, but unfortunately, in football, the rewards for abject failure are still more than 99% of normal people get paid. Including his pay-off, how much did Bob Bradley earn for 11 weeks work? Sorry, I mean how much did he get paid - he didn't earn anything.

While I'm sure players sacrifice a lot in order to become professional at the highest level, I struggle to think of any other industry where so much can be gained in return for so little effort.

That's the perception anyway.
The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:02 - Apr 12 with 6607 viewsjasper_T

Who should the money go to instead?
The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:38 - Apr 12 with 6577 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:54 - Apr 12 by karnataka

Yeh. Good points that I agree with. Loyal's as well. I just feel the players should keep schtum and not go running to the press before a game. For me it puts pressure on the team. Rangel and a few others used to do it and it often ended in tears.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2017 22:39]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 05:47 - Apr 13 with 6450 viewsEdmundo

If we can score first, will be an interesting day, especially if Hull draw or lose👍

Cummon City âš½

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 08:29 - Apr 13 with 6341 viewsE20Jack

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:09 - Apr 12 by RevJames

We are in the last chance saloon

If this isn't a "must win", I despair to think what is

So if we do not win on Saturday, does that mean we then cannot realistically survive anymore? (even though we could be within only 1 point of safety with a draw, or in the same position as before the match should we lose...with 5 games left)

If the answer is no - then it is not a ''must win''. It is very feasible that we do not win this match and still survive, it is not a must win.

A match of vital importance? yes. A must win? no.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2017 8:31]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 10:35 - Apr 13 with 6231 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Everyone who has watched football for more than five minutes knows that the term "must win game" does not literally mean must win.

It refers to a game where the consequences of not winning on morale and momentum (lack of) are such that failure to win this game will be more acute than the statistical failure to get three points.

Pedants need not respond. We all know it's not literally a must win game.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 11:13 - Apr 13 with 6204 viewsKGriz16

I would have thought the majority of the Watford players will be too busy thinking of a beach in Dubai right now. They're pretty much safe so they're jobs are done for the season, at least i am hoping this is the case. As for our boys, there's no excuses now, no more 'next games are cup final' BS. We need results, we need performances, we need leaders to step up and take the game to Watford. I won't be happy with another Leroy Fer article, or not good enough Paul Clement press conference.
The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 12:20 - Apr 13 with 6156 viewsJackFish

The Official Watford FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:46 - Apr 12 by monmouth

I really thought we might catch them a few weeks ago. I can't believe they are 9 points ahead now. Christ, what a shite season this has been.

Yep, annoying isn't it? After we beat Burnley I was looking at Watford, Burnley, West Ham, Bournemouth, Stoke as teams we could potentially catch. Hell even when we were ahead against Spurs it looked possible. Now they're all miles away from us, although at least Watford & Stoke are safe and won't have anything to play for. And then I remembered that Hull are playing those two next as well
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024