Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement 20:42 - Apr 11 with 31561 viewsmonmouth

Good!!!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Statement on 22:57 - Apr 11 with 1997 viewswaynekerr55

On a serious note surely Dineen and Jenkins must have expected this, after all they swept to power in the Petty days under a wave of fan pressure.They can't be that stupid...Surely?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Trust Statement on 23:01 - Apr 11 with 1986 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Trust Statement on 22:56 - Apr 11 by Cooperman

That's the bit I don't get; what was the building bridges about if SCST have known this all along.

This will get worse before it gets better. If we do stay up it won't look good being a PL team in off the field turmoil. The press will have a field day, I can see BBC Wales now!

Surely these statements serve little good for The Trust anyway. Keep all this stuff for the days in court. Hopefully the next 'statement' provides details of the members vote to take legal action, and not another petty response to something the Americans have said in the press to obviously try and provoke a reaction like this.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Trust Statement on 23:01 - Apr 11 with 1992 viewsmonmouth

Trust Statement on 22:56 - Apr 11 by Cooperman

That's the bit I don't get; what was the building bridges about if SCST have known this all along.

This will get worse before it gets better. If we do stay up it won't look good being a PL team in off the field turmoil. The press will have a field day, I can see BBC Wales now!

I would grasp stay up and off the field turmoil with both hands in a heartbeat A!

Trust Statement on 23:03 - Apr 11 with 1987 viewsPokerface

"The Supporters Trust did receive an offer to purchase up to half the Trust shares in August 2016 "- how much for ? What is the value of that now ? Trust have built bridges with new owners and have a say in Clements appointment !!!

Whooopppeeeeee fcuking doooooo.

This is a shambles from start to finish. The lack of professionalism in all of this is shocking. Cost the fans millions which could have been used for SCFC long term future but too many feathering own nests.

Yet NOTHING is done about it. Strange.

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

Trust Statement on 23:05 - Apr 11 with 1982 viewsCooperman

Trust Statement on 22:57 - Apr 11 by waynekerr55

On a serious note surely Dineen and Jenkins must have expected this, after all they swept to power in the Petty days under a wave of fan pressure.They can't be that stupid...Surely?

When you're on a winning and upward streak at the gambling table it's very hard to see the end point. This lot probably sufffered the same experience in their upward curve towards Premier League riches.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Trust Statement on 23:11 - Apr 11 with 1954 viewsmonmouth

Trust Statement on 23:03 - Apr 11 by Pokerface

"The Supporters Trust did receive an offer to purchase up to half the Trust shares in August 2016 "- how much for ? What is the value of that now ? Trust have built bridges with new owners and have a say in Clements appointment !!!

Whooopppeeeeee fcuking doooooo.

This is a shambles from start to finish. The lack of professionalism in all of this is shocking. Cost the fans millions which could have been used for SCFC long term future but too many feathering own nests.

Yet NOTHING is done about it. Strange.

Did you missthis bit?

"however this offer was quickly withdrawn when further details were requested by us."

Trust Statement on 23:43 - Apr 11 with 1891 viewsairedale

A man walks into a pub an says 'pint of bitter please', the barman says 'sorry sir but we need more information', so the bloke says 'forget it'.
Trust Statement on 00:17 - Apr 12 with 1849 viewsgiantstoneater

Trust Statement on 21:51 - Apr 11 by TheResurrection

Always good to issue a statement quickly to pour cold water on any flames being fanned. Good work.

This looks like it's going to rumble on and be played out in the public eye. The Trust have a tendency to wait for an action before reacting. It would be nice for them to start driving the bus from now and take the game to the Americans.

This has gone on too long.

I would hope that it will be a tank they will be driving!
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement on 06:15 - Apr 12 with 1756 viewstylagarwjack

Trust Statement on 00:17 - Apr 12 by giantstoneater

I would hope that it will be a tank they will be driving!

So the Americans stated at the fans forum that they were not shown a copy of the shareholders agreement during the process of buying the shares, despite asking for it, right?

If that is the case, and presumably there were members of the trust board present at the forum, who would have known that it was not actually the case, why was that not made clear there and then, on the night, rather than via a trust statement several days later?

Also, I can't believe the Americans would have lied like that unless they expected the trust board to keep quiet and not publically call them out? Even then, even if they had kept quiet, the trust board would have known that they'd lied (and if they've lied about this what else other lies could they have told (or could they tell in the future)), even if the fan base as a whole didn't know, which would surely seriously undermine any bridges and working relationships they were supposedly seeking to build with the trust board.
Trust Statement on 07:05 - Apr 12 with 1725 viewsNookiejack

Trust Statement on 06:15 - Apr 12 by tylagarwjack

So the Americans stated at the fans forum that they were not shown a copy of the shareholders agreement during the process of buying the shares, despite asking for it, right?

If that is the case, and presumably there were members of the trust board present at the forum, who would have known that it was not actually the case, why was that not made clear there and then, on the night, rather than via a trust statement several days later?

Also, I can't believe the Americans would have lied like that unless they expected the trust board to keep quiet and not publically call them out? Even then, even if they had kept quiet, the trust board would have known that they'd lied (and if they've lied about this what else other lies could they have told (or could they tell in the future)), even if the fan base as a whole didn't know, which would surely seriously undermine any bridges and working relationships they were supposedly seeking to build with the trust board.

Yes total incompetence by the Yank's lawyers.
Trust Statement on 07:32 - Apr 12 with 1692 viewsTheResurrection

Trust Statement on 07:05 - Apr 12 by Nookiejack

Yes total incompetence by the Yank's lawyers.

I guess we'll find out, hopefully anyway, in the course of time.

All we want as fans is some answers to very basic questions but I'm sure there's more to come out yet...

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Trust Statement on 07:49 - Apr 12 with 1654 viewsNeath_Jack

This is playing out like a f*cking facebook spat.

He said this, they said that, he said the other.......

Get in court or f*ck off is it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Trust Statement on 07:56 - Apr 12 with 1647 viewsNOTRAC

Does anyone really believe that it's a good idea to transfer/sell the lease of the Liberty to these people now?

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Trust Statement on 08:21 - Apr 12 with 1596 viewsNookiejack

Trust Statement on 07:49 - Apr 12 by Neath_Jack

This is playing out like a f*cking facebook spat.

He said this, they said that, he said the other.......

Get in court or f*ck off is it.

If Trust lawyers sent the shareholders agreement to the Yanks's lawyers prior to the sale - that is not he said this, they said that.

That is lawyer to lawyer and totally evidential.
Trust Statement on 08:25 - Apr 12 with 1585 viewsDr_Winston

Trust Statement on 21:27 - Apr 11 by fbreath

Oops

As I said in previous threads their attitude was "it's only the trust" a group of nomarks in their eyes and easily walked over.
Looks like they've underestimated the trust.

Plenty of Swans fans have expressed the same opinion too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Trust Statement on 08:33 - Apr 12 with 1565 viewsLandore_Jack

Trust Statement on 22:45 - Apr 11 by Landore_Jack

What is the worst case scenario for the selling shareholders if they are found guilty?

Lisa / Shaky?

#backtojack

Trust Statement on 08:44 - Apr 12 with 1550 viewsShaky

"It is important for our members to be aware that at no time has the Supporters Trust ever stated that we would not sell all, or part, of our shareholding under any circumstances. "

Hmmm. What we have going back before Levin & Kaplin emerged on the scene is numerous statements and a declared Trust strategy to increase it's stake in the club. By inference it was fairly obvious that there was no intention to sell, and nobody following club affairs could have been in any doubt about that.

Furthermore, on Jackarmy there is a first hand, real time account of a Trust forum from Yank v1.0 where Cozy is quoted verbatim as saying the Trust would never sell.

Is that an official Trust statement? Coming from the official Trust representative on the club board of directors, without a doubt!

There is nothing whatsoever in the law of the land that says you can't change your mind, but to claim the Trust never said they wouldn't sell is in my view not serious.

"The Trust can confirm that a copy of the original Shareholders Agreement was provided to the buyers’ legal team prior to completion of the sale. A copy was sent as soon as we were advised that the sellers had warranted that no such agreement existed."

Hang on a minute, how could the Trust have got wind of the warranties in the Share Purchase Agreement before it was signed? The answer is that is very unlikely indeed, which probably means the statement is obfuscating the facts by conflating when the deal was irrevocably signed and executed (probably on 21/7/16), and when it formally closed (probably whenever the formality of Levin and Kaplan gaining Premier League approval was received).

That's misleading, boys.

"it is important that we address the issues that have been raised at the Fans Forum"

Agreed, but it would have been even better to have responded at the Fans Forum itself, so Levin and Kaplan had a right of reply, and we might have a chance to establish some actual facts in this process!

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Trust Statement on 08:45 - Apr 12 with 1547 viewsShaky

Trust Statement on 08:33 - Apr 12 by Landore_Jack

Lisa / Shaky?

A fine.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Trust Statement on 08:52 - Apr 12 with 1535 viewsShaky

Trust Statement on 08:45 - Apr 12 by Shaky

A fine.

But not for any of that stuff.

If there was a binding shareholders agreement, the buyers could potentially also sue to recover a monetary penalty from the sellers basis the Reps & warranties they provided. That could be substantial, but is highly unlikely to amount to more than say 50% of the purchase price.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2017 8:53]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Trust Statement on 08:55 - Apr 12 with 1523 viewsDarran

Trust Statement on 06:15 - Apr 12 by tylagarwjack

Why would the members of the Trust board present at the forum have to do that?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Statement on 09:17 - Apr 12 with 1488 viewsShaky

One other point:

". . . the Supporters Trust did receive an offer to purchase up to half the Trust shares in August 2016, however this offer was quickly withdrawn when further details were requested by us."

Did this request for 'details' constitute or could it have been construed as a counter-offer?

Quite possibly, in which case the initial offer becomes void in law of contract.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Trust Statement on 09:29 - Apr 12 with 1464 viewsUxbridge

Trust Statement on 08:44 - Apr 12 by Shaky

"It is important for our members to be aware that at no time has the Supporters Trust ever stated that we would not sell all, or part, of our shareholding under any circumstances. "

Hmmm. What we have going back before Levin & Kaplin emerged on the scene is numerous statements and a declared Trust strategy to increase it's stake in the club. By inference it was fairly obvious that there was no intention to sell, and nobody following club affairs could have been in any doubt about that.

Furthermore, on Jackarmy there is a first hand, real time account of a Trust forum from Yank v1.0 where Cozy is quoted verbatim as saying the Trust would never sell.

Is that an official Trust statement? Coming from the official Trust representative on the club board of directors, without a doubt!

There is nothing whatsoever in the law of the land that says you can't change your mind, but to claim the Trust never said they wouldn't sell is in my view not serious.

"The Trust can confirm that a copy of the original Shareholders Agreement was provided to the buyers’ legal team prior to completion of the sale. A copy was sent as soon as we were advised that the sellers had warranted that no such agreement existed."

Hang on a minute, how could the Trust have got wind of the warranties in the Share Purchase Agreement before it was signed? The answer is that is very unlikely indeed, which probably means the statement is obfuscating the facts by conflating when the deal was irrevocably signed and executed (probably on 21/7/16), and when it formally closed (probably whenever the formality of Levin and Kaplan gaining Premier League approval was received).

That's misleading, boys.

"it is important that we address the issues that have been raised at the Fans Forum"

Agreed, but it would have been even better to have responded at the Fans Forum itself, so Levin and Kaplan had a right of reply, and we might have a chance to establish some actual facts in this process!

I couldnt comment on the Yank v1.0 forum as I was travelling back from purgatory (aka Eurodisney) that day, however if HC said that verbatim (which I doubt) then it would be inaccurate, not Trust policy and an overreach. That policy solely related to that deal, and Trust policy has always been it's a decision for the members.

As for knowing about the existence of a warranted item before the share purchase was concluded, is it really that much of a stretch given there was dialogue between the respective legal teams at the time?
[Post edited 12 Apr 2017 9:36]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Statement on 09:31 - Apr 12 with 1460 viewstylagarwjack

Why wouldn't the members of the trust board that were present challenge a statement that was clearly quite the exact opposite of what actually happened?
Trust Statement on 09:34 - Apr 12 with 1444 viewsUxbridge

Trust Statement on 09:31 - Apr 12 by tylagarwjack

Why wouldn't the members of the trust board that were present challenge a statement that was clearly quite the exact opposite of what actually happened?

A fair question. Some disagreement on whether should have or not, but I tend to agree. However, it rather pales into insignificance with ensuring the facts are brought to light, doesn't it?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Statement on 09:40 - Apr 12 with 1423 viewsShaky

Trust Statement on 09:29 - Apr 12 by Uxbridge

I couldnt comment on the Yank v1.0 forum as I was travelling back from purgatory (aka Eurodisney) that day, however if HC said that verbatim (which I doubt) then it would be inaccurate, not Trust policy and an overreach. That policy solely related to that deal, and Trust policy has always been it's a decision for the members.

As for knowing about the existence of a warranted item before the share purchase was concluded, is it really that much of a stretch given there was dialogue between the respective legal teams at the time?
[Post edited 12 Apr 2017 9:36]

Well, as you know i am trying to help you, but at the end of the day I call it as I see it.

Speaking of which, I don't see any good reason for delaying legal action, if the QC has confirmed we have a starter. The simple truth is there is never a good time, which practically speaking means there is never going to be a better time than now!

Misology -- It's a bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024