Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The unwashed down the road 11:46 - Apr 13 with 5161 viewsLoyal

So, didn't they do well ?

[Post edited 13 Apr 2017 11:47]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The unwashed down the road on 13:09 - Apr 13 with 3272 viewspencoedjack

The mighty Rotherham have bigger away support 👍
The unwashed down the road on 13:32 - Apr 13 with 3201 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The unwashed down the road on 13:09 - Apr 13 by pencoedjack

The mighty Rotherham have bigger away support 👍

And Brentford!!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The unwashed down the road on 14:17 - Apr 13 with 3105 viewsbudegan

Bigger than Barcelona they said.
The unwashed down the road on 15:36 - Apr 13 with 2964 viewsSPboy

Amazed at some of those.

Huddersfield over 2000 average ?

Forest 1800, more than twice as many as they usually brought to us ?
The unwashed down the road on 16:03 - Apr 13 with 2918 viewsLoyal

Thing is many sides are very close to each other, Cardiff like us ( but more ) have to travel to games much further away. Huddersfield are surrounded by many teams so close if Cardiff or us were that distance we would sell out easily.

This thread has had a tremendous amount of views but few responses, I assume the unwashed are lurking.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

The unwashed down the road on 18:09 - Apr 13 with 2751 viewstaffpunk

I can't speak for others, but I haven't been away for years. I didn't even go once in the Premiership, it's just not something that interests me anymore. It is a shame though, cos our away support was always decent, it'll soon bounce back if we get off to a good start next season. The fickle South Wales public, both Clubs know it so well.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

The unwashed down the road on 18:20 - Apr 13 with 2707 viewsLoyal

The unwashed down the road on 18:09 - Apr 13 by taffpunk

I can't speak for others, but I haven't been away for years. I didn't even go once in the Premiership, it's just not something that interests me anymore. It is a shame though, cos our away support was always decent, it'll soon bounce back if we get off to a good start next season. The fickle South Wales public, both Clubs know it so well.

That's a fact, irrespective of the posturing there is little if anything between both clubs at all aspects. The only thing I think we have to brag about at the moment is the u23 success this season.

Free festival I'm told July 1st.
Screaming Dead, PFS, Demob, Eastfield, Liberty, Charred Hearts, Hacksaw, Valdez, DJ Panter. Borrowed Time, and some more.
Bristol, Speedwell. Being recorded live.

The unwashed down the road on 18:22 - Apr 13 with 2707 viewslonglostjack

Hereford have probably got a bigger away support

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

The unwashed down the road on 19:04 - Apr 13 with 2630 viewsKilkennyjack

The unwashed down the road on 18:20 - Apr 13 by Loyal

That's a fact, irrespective of the posturing there is little if anything between both clubs at all aspects. The only thing I think we have to brag about at the moment is the u23 success this season.

Free festival I'm told July 1st.
Screaming Dead, PFS, Demob, Eastfield, Liberty, Charred Hearts, Hacksaw, Valdez, DJ Panter. Borrowed Time, and some more.
Bristol, Speedwell. Being recorded live.

Our u23s have very few Swansea produced players. We have bought a team.
If they were Swansea products then we might have something to shout about.

Its a smoke and mirrors job.
File under one Curtis Obeng.

We have not produced a player as a club since Ben in 2012.
Pish poor.

Beware of the Risen People

The unwashed down the road on 19:08 - Apr 13 with 2617 viewsbuilthjack

The unwashed down the road on 18:22 - Apr 13 by longlostjack

Hereford have probably got a bigger away support

They take 800-1200 away, so bigger than Cardiff. In level 8 too.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The unwashed down the road on 19:10 - Apr 13 with 2610 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Why was my comment deleted? Also I was logged out so I assume I was banned in a sudden fit of rage before common sense prevailed and said person undid the ban.

How childish.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The unwashed down the road on 19:17 - Apr 13 with 2592 viewsDarran

The unwashed down the road on 19:10 - Apr 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why was my comment deleted? Also I was logged out so I assume I was banned in a sudden fit of rage before common sense prevailed and said person undid the ban.

How childish.

What did it say?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The unwashed down the road on 19:27 - Apr 13 with 2553 viewspencoedjack

The unwashed down the road on 19:17 - Apr 13 by Darran

What did it say?

I'd bet good money it was something negative
The unwashed down the road on 19:27 - Apr 13 with 2554 viewsexiledclaseboy

What did it say?

It was probably something tedious drawing unflattering comparisons to our own away support. Cos DYSS is never happier than when criticising the club he claims to support.

Poll: Tory leader

The unwashed down the road on 19:27 - Apr 13 with 2553 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

What did it say?

I cannot remember it word for word, but it was about how I think we'd be close to the bottom of that table too after two seasons back in The Championship, which I think is a fair comment. I remember there were occasions in our promotion season where we'd take less than 100 fans away from home. Ipswich was one of them I think.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The unwashed down the road on 19:28 - Apr 13 with 2546 viewsDarran

The unwashed down the road on 19:27 - Apr 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I cannot remember it word for word, but it was about how I think we'd be close to the bottom of that table too after two seasons back in The Championship, which I think is a fair comment. I remember there were occasions in our promotion season where we'd take less than 100 fans away from home. Ipswich was one of them I think.

Nah we'd take more than that in League 1 we always have.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The unwashed down the road on 19:29 - Apr 13 with 2541 viewstrampie

From thirty odd years ago two things I can remember reading about at the time, one was Swansea local leagues producing more pro players than any other local leagues apart from Newcastle over a 25 year period [more than Merseyside, Manchester, Birmingham and London], I would love to see it again to see what context as London is huge and has many pro teams.

Cardiff had the biggest away support as a percentage of home support in the league [believe it was Div2 only - real Div2 that is] and there was a lot of big teams in that league at that time and Cardiff weren't doing that well.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The unwashed down the road on 19:37 - Apr 13 with 2512 viewsmonmouth

Who cares? We've never claimed to be a sleeping giant, a big club or any of the other tedius bullshit they've built their ridiculously inflated self image on.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The unwashed down the road on 19:40 - Apr 13 with 2501 viewsNeathJack

You mean the Ipswich game that was live on tv and where half the country was shut down because of snow?

Strange you'd pick that one out.....

What other "occasions" during that season did it happen?*

*The answer is none obviously.
The unwashed down the road on 19:51 - Apr 13 with 2470 viewstaffpunk

The unwashed down the road on 19:37 - Apr 13 by monmouth

Who cares? We've never claimed to be a sleeping giant, a big club or any of the other tedius bullshit they've built their ridiculously inflated self image on.

Neither have the vast majority of Cardiff fans ever claimed that. Unfortunately those who shout the most tend to be the ones quoted in the media. Sadly, we seem to have more than our fair share of these strange supporters!

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

The unwashed down the road on 20:19 - Apr 13 with 2392 viewsLoyal

The unwashed down the road on 19:04 - Apr 13 by Kilkennyjack

Our u23s have very few Swansea produced players. We have bought a team.
If they were Swansea products then we might have something to shout about.

Its a smoke and mirrors job.
File under one Curtis Obeng.

We have not produced a player as a club since Ben in 2012.
Pish poor.

A premier league club buying success ?
Don't tell everyone, they will all be at it 👍

The unwashed down the road on 20:20 - Apr 13 with 2384 viewsLoyal

That is nonsense.

The unwashed down the road on 20:30 - Apr 13 with 2358 viewsmonmouth

The unwashed down the road on 19:51 - Apr 13 by taffpunk

Neither have the vast majority of Cardiff fans ever claimed that. Unfortunately those who shout the most tend to be the ones quoted in the media. Sadly, we seem to have more than our fair share of these strange supporters!

Yeah I know, but that doesn't suit my angle. It still blows dwights argument to bits mind. Nobody really gives a shit about another clubs attendances. Why should they? If we did we'd all support Real Madrid and be done with the whole thing. I like being a small club punching 'bigger' ones in the face. Bottom of that table and top of the league would be just peachy for me.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The unwashed down the road on 21:08 - Apr 13 with 2295 viewsClinton

The unwashed down the road on 14:17 - Apr 13 by budegan

Bigger than Barcelona they said.

Well certainly bigger than Burton. The stats don't lie.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The unwashed down the road on 21:13 - Apr 13 with 2271 viewsbuilthjack

Do they not wash?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024