Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did Jesus exist? 17:18 - Apr 14 with 7130 viewsexiledclaseboy

Does it even matter whether he did or not? A topical discussion point at this time.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/14/what-is-the-historical-evidence-th

Poll: Tory leader

Did Jesus exist? on 20:00 - Apr 14 with 1051 viewsCountyJim

Even atheist scholar's agree Jesus was a real person it's just the son of God bit they have trouble with
Did Jesus exist? on 20:01 - Apr 14 with 1050 viewsexiledclaseboy

Did Jesus exist? on 20:00 - Apr 14 by CountyJim

Even atheist scholar's agree Jesus was a real person it's just the son of God bit they have trouble with

Can't think why.

Poll: Tory leader

Did Jesus exist? on 20:30 - Apr 14 with 1013 viewsE20Jack

Did Jesus exist? on 19:56 - Apr 14 by Jack_Meoff

I read recently that the story of Jesus is the allegorical telling of our Sun's (Son of God) journey through the cosmos. The reason why the birthday is on the 25th December is due to the fact that on the winter solstice (21st December) our sun reaches its lowest point in the sky and stays there (dormant, lifeless) before rising again (resurrection) on the 25th (also relates the three days in the cave after crucifixion).

Like you say though. it's nothing new.

It is exactly what I believe as it happens. Its an astrological allegory anthropomorphised to make it into an connective story for children to identify with. "The crux" is a star constellation which the sun rests upon before winter equinox, it is in fact pointed to by another consolation which is called today what it was back then "the three kings". There is also various references in the bible to this being an allegory rather than a literal tale of a man.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Did Jesus exist? on 20:37 - Apr 14 with 999 viewsmegnuts

Reminds me of the story of Jesus and the pre last supper afternoon brunch type shindig. He did announce "I shall turn the water into wine", to which Judas Escariot did shout loud "Stick a tenner in the kitty like the rest of us you tight c*nt"
Did Jesus exist? on 20:59 - Apr 14 with 979 viewsWarwickHunt

Did Jesus exist? on 20:01 - Apr 14 by exiledclaseboy

Can't think why.

Did Jesus exist? on 21:01 - Apr 14 with 974 viewsJack_Meoff

Did Jesus exist? on 20:30 - Apr 14 by E20Jack

It is exactly what I believe as it happens. Its an astrological allegory anthropomorphised to make it into an connective story for children to identify with. "The crux" is a star constellation which the sun rests upon before winter equinox, it is in fact pointed to by another consolation which is called today what it was back then "the three kings". There is also various references in the bible to this being an allegory rather than a literal tale of a man.

Oops. Double post.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2017 21:02]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Did Jesus exist? on 21:01 - Apr 14 with 972 viewsJack_Meoff

Did Jesus exist? on 20:30 - Apr 14 by E20Jack

Interesting stuff mate. It's amazing isn't it how much mythology/ world myths are related to stars and constellations eh? I'm really new to it but have a cracking app on the iPhone called Sky Guide. It uses your location to map out the stars above you and you can click on planetary bodies and constellations to get the mythological information from them e.g. Orion's Belt and the hunter from Greek mythology. Like I said I'm new to it but it's fascinating stuff!

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Did Jesus exist? on 21:11 - Apr 14 with 956 viewsLord_Bony

Fu*cking heathens.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Did Jesus exist? on 21:15 - Apr 14 with 945 viewsE20Jack

Did Jesus exist? on 21:01 - Apr 14 by Jack_Meoff

Interesting stuff mate. It's amazing isn't it how much mythology/ world myths are related to stars and constellations eh? I'm really new to it but have a cracking app on the iPhone called Sky Guide. It uses your location to map out the stars above you and you can click on planetary bodies and constellations to get the mythological information from them e.g. Orion's Belt and the hunter from Greek mythology. Like I said I'm new to it but it's fascinating stuff!

Yes it is fascinating. Thousands of years ago there was ni media communication and people relied on things such as the Sun for warmth, protection, food. Stars to navigate and to keep track of the seasons vital to support their life. Which is why people worshipped these things. Making sacrifices to Sun God's in fallow years etc. There is every reason that the suns journey was made into a story handed down by generations to track its yearly progress as it was so vital to life. Unfortunately it has since become into a religion and people have taken it literally, millions of deaths and war upon war later and we find ourselves here. Man is a strange beast.

Did Jesus exist? on 21:54 - Apr 14 with 914 viewsHighjack

I think the story of Jesus is even more incredible when you believe he was just a bloke and not a divine being. He must have been some fella to have billions of people still influenced by his words and actions 2000 years later.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Did Jesus exist? on 22:02 - Apr 14 with 907 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Did Jesus exist? on 21:54 - Apr 14 by Highjack

I think the story of Jesus is even more incredible when you believe he was just a bloke and not a divine being. He must have been some fella to have billions of people still influenced by his words and actions 2000 years later.

To be fair it was rammed down people's throats in the past .

Pray to jesus or have your head cut off .

Religion was used to control the masses

Just like the BBC today 😀

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Did Jesus exist? on 22:16 - Apr 14 with 896 viewsHighjack

Did Jesus exist? on 22:02 - Apr 14 by oh_tommy_tommy

To be fair it was rammed down people's throats in the past .

Pray to jesus or have your head cut off .

Religion was used to control the masses

Just like the BBC today 😀

Certainly later on yeah but in the early days of Christianity if you prayed to Jesus you'd get your head cut off.The Romans had their own religion which they nicked off the Greeks and just changed all the gods names.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Did Jesus exist? on 22:20 - Apr 14 with 895 viewsJack_Meoff

Did Jesus exist? on 18:45 - Apr 14 by E20Jack

The article is awful and poorly reseached.

The documents they refer to mention "The Christos" and not Jesus Christ.

Christ is not a name, it is a title. It is roughly translated as the anointed one. There have been several Christos' throughout history and does not specifically refer to Jesus. Just like people assume that when they read about Caesar that they are reading about Julius Caesar, Caeser like Christ is not a name but a title, it means Emperor designate and there are many Caesars throughout history.

There are thousands of religions, many all start with a virgin birth on Dec 25th and many of those religions started way before Christianity. Christianity seems like a rip off of the Egyptian faith, the corner stone of which seems to be a direct plagiarisation from the Egyptian book of the dead. Christianity is a relatively new religion, amazing it has such a following when it is clearly ripped from religions founded long before it.

Talking of Caesars, Julius and Augustus changed our calendar as we know it, the months July and August deriving from them respectively. Before their inclusion we had September as the 7th month, October as the 8th , Nov and Dec as the 9th and 10th - seems obviously when you look at the etymology!

Did Jesus exist? on 22:32 - Apr 14 with 882 viewsDr_Winston

Did Jesus exist? on 22:16 - Apr 14 by Highjack

Certainly later on yeah but in the early days of Christianity if you prayed to Jesus you'd get your head cut off.The Romans had their own religion which they nicked off the Greeks and just changed all the gods names.

A Religion nicking stuff off previously existing religions and adapting it to suit its own ends?

Surely not?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Did Jesus exist? on 22:35 - Apr 14 with 881 viewsNogginthenog

Did Jesus exist? on 22:20 - Apr 14 by Jack_Meoff

Talking of Caesars, Julius and Augustus changed our calendar as we know it, the months July and August deriving from them respectively. Before their inclusion we had September as the 7th month, October as the 8th , Nov and Dec as the 9th and 10th - seems obviously when you look at the etymology!

Whats the study of insects got to do with it?
Did Jesus exist? on 22:50 - Apr 14 with 868 viewsJack_Meoff

Did Jesus exist? on 22:35 - Apr 14 by Nogginthenog

Did Jesus exist? on 23:06 - Apr 14 with 847 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Did Jesus exist? on 22:35 - Apr 14 by Nogginthenog

Because the praying mantis has it all figured out.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Did Jesus exist? on 23:12 - Apr 14 with 836 viewsAl_Bundy

I guess the Romans back in the day could have discredited everything Jesus claimed to have done including the resurrection but bizarrely they couldn't.
Did Jesus exist? on 23:14 - Apr 14 with 828 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Did Jesus exist? on 23:12 - Apr 14 by Al_Bundy

I guess the Romans back in the day could have discredited everything Jesus claimed to have done including the resurrection but bizarrely they couldn't.

An early Paul Daniels perhaps .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Did Jesus exist? on 23:15 - Apr 14 with 828 viewsLoyal

Did Jesus exist? on 17:29 - Apr 14 by monmouth

Wasn't he just a convenient metaphor to suit Roman historians? Anyway, are you sitting down, as this may come as a shock....actually no you're from Clase, so probably not, but his mother wasn't really a virgin. Can you believe it?

Oh and he didn't come back from the dead neither, nobody does, not even Bob Bradley, and he thinks he's the messiah

I think it is almost certain that if there was a chap called Jesus wandering about doing magic then his hair would definitely be longer than Bobby boy.
Dead cert.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Did Jesus exist? on 23:25 - Apr 14 with 809 viewsE20Jack

Did Jesus exist? on 23:12 - Apr 14 by Al_Bundy

Thats like saying in a thousand years time, "Everyone had the chance to discredit Scientology back then and yet they couldn't and here it is today, must be something in it".

There are 3000 religions (and growing), each thinking the other is wrong. That is proof enough that people have a need to believe in a higher being while being completely and utterly misguided. You can discredit any religion you want, but people will still believe in it if thats how they have been brought up etc.

Did Jesus exist? on 00:08 - Apr 15 with 787 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Christ is not a name, it is a title. It is roughly translated as the anointed one. There have been several Christos' throughout history and does not specifically refer to Jesus. Just like people assume that when they read about Caesar that they are reading about Julius Caesar, Caeser like Christ is not a name but a title, it means Emperor designate and there are many Caesars throughout history.

There are thousands of religions, many all start with a virgin birth on Dec 25th and many of those religions started way before Christianity. Christianity seems like a rip off of the Egyptian faith, the corner stone of which seems to be a direct plagiarisation from the Egyptian book of the dead. Christianity is a relatively new religion, amazing it has such a following when it is clearly ripped from religions founded long before it.

And you've just plagiarised Zeitgeist. Bravo! Egypt you say? It will be Mithras next!
All lazy journalism though.
Christos is Christ in Greek, the language of the new testament. Where are these other "Christos's" then E20J?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Did Jesus exist? on 00:10 - Apr 15 with 785 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Also the coming of Christ was foretold in the old Testament via the prophets etc etc. Does this make Judaism an Egyptian rip off too?

Did Jesus exist? on 00:11 - Apr 15 with 783 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Did Jesus exist? on 19:18 - Apr 14 by oh_tommy_tommy

Good effort Daz & looking good ,Most have fallen for pictures like that

However Jesus if he existed was probably Arab looking .

Or even Jewish????

Did Jesus exist? on 00:20 - Apr 15 with 779 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Did Jesus exist? on 19:09 - Apr 14 by Darran

I wonder how he would have looked like a few years later if he hadn't have been crucified?

[Post edited 14 Apr 2017 19:13]

Comparing yourself to Christ now are you. If we needed any more proof that you were a narcissist who suffers from delusions you've just provided it. And on Easter weekend and all!
# Tasteful!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024