Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle v Leeds. 19:48 - Apr 14 with 2302 viewslifelong

A game of some interest.
Newcastle v Leeds. on 21:28 - Apr 14 with 683 viewsswancity

Newcastle v Leeds. on 21:17 - Apr 14 by Dr_Winston

Hence the "if Clement can do his work with minimal board interference".

Not my fault you can't read properly Neddy.

This isn't FIFA. It's the real world Jobs. So much is wrong at the Club now it's hard to know where to start.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a repeat of our 1982 slide if we go down this season. I've said before we are a Portsmouth or Coventry City waiting to happen. Jenkins and Co must take the blame for our predicament. The bubble could very well burst. You seem to be a fairly intelligent fan and yet it's all gone over your head it seems unless you don't want to see it.

You believe we have nothing to fear. Apart from all 23 other Clubs in what is Europes most competitive League, our off field problems mean that a mid table finish will be seen as a success.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Newcastle v Leeds. on 21:29 - Apr 14 with 677 viewsicecoldjack

Newcastle v Leeds. on 20:47 - Apr 14 by vetchonian

Always thought that Monk got more out of Pablo nerd than Laudrup ever did....I personally think the extended contracts for Dyer and Routs were more to do with them potentially running down their contracts

I think the contracts for britton,routs,dyer and rangel were purely to do with us maintaining a spine if relegated, nothing else other than an insurence policy..which may well be cashed in after the next 6 games .
Newcastle v Leeds. on 21:32 - Apr 14 with 669 viewsicecoldjack

Newcastle v Leeds. on 20:49 - Apr 14 by NeathJack

The back 4 looks solid enough for next season assuming Mawson & Olsson aren't sold.

GK (Nordfelt?)

Naughton Bartley Mawson Olsson

Fulton ?

Narsingh/Dyer Fer Routledge

New Striker

Some gaps to be filled there assuming the likes of Cork etc leave.

Cork leave? i think the championship is made for him myself. Think deep down he knows that too .
Newcastle v Leeds. on 21:33 - Apr 14 with 664 viewspencoedjack

Newcastle v Leeds. on 21:29 - Apr 14 by icecoldjack

I think the contracts for britton,routs,dyer and rangel were purely to do with us maintaining a spine if relegated, nothing else other than an insurence policy..which may well be cashed in after the next 6 games .

If all 4 of them are in our side next year we will have no chance of coming straight back up

Unfortunately you are probably right
Newcastle v Leeds. on 21:38 - Apr 14 with 646 viewsicecoldjack

Newcastle v Leeds. on 21:33 - Apr 14 by pencoedjack

If all 4 of them are in our side next year we will have no chance of coming straight back up

Unfortunately you are probably right

As said elsewhere, coming straight back up will be IMO a very tough ask, it will be more like not going straight down again!

We have enough in the squad to maintain mid table even with an aging Rangel and Leon, lets be honest, we need some serious quality and have done since Laudrup left, it took the inspired signing of Sinclair and Borini to squeeze us out the championship last time, we also had massive momentum, the dynamic this time around will be completely different IMO.

Hopefully we stay up but i think we are just prolonging the agony and have done for the last 18 months, we arn't the Swans we once were thats for sure.
Newcastle v Leeds. on 21:39 - Apr 14 with 636 viewsicecoldjack

Sweet football by Pablo there, 1-1 .

Quality slide pass by him and nice cross. Good goal.
Newcastle v Leeds. on 21:47 - Apr 14 with 604 viewspencoedjack

Newcastle v Leeds. on 21:38 - Apr 14 by icecoldjack

As said elsewhere, coming straight back up will be IMO a very tough ask, it will be more like not going straight down again!

We have enough in the squad to maintain mid table even with an aging Rangel and Leon, lets be honest, we need some serious quality and have done since Laudrup left, it took the inspired signing of Sinclair and Borini to squeeze us out the championship last time, we also had massive momentum, the dynamic this time around will be completely different IMO.

Hopefully we stay up but i think we are just prolonging the agony and have done for the last 18 months, we arn't the Swans we once were thats for sure.

Can't disagree with any of that

I can see McBurnie being up top, the lad will need to get a few early on to get his confidence up
Newcastle v Leeds. on 21:53 - Apr 14 with 575 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Newcastle v Leeds. on 20:48 - Apr 14 by longlostjack

Pablo was instrumental in the 3-0 defeat of the deluded ones. Great player. Oh for a Pablo on top form - we're missing that creativity in midfield.

Now there was a number ten creative player in the making if I ever saw one. When i have a go at Gylfi and say he's not all that I'm thinking that a player like Pablo Hernandez in his prime in Gylfi's no. 10 role would be far more of an effective attacking threat.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle v Leeds. on 22:18 - Apr 14 with 513 viewsploppy

Newcastle v Leeds. on 21:53 - Apr 14 by Brynmill_Jack

Now there was a number ten creative player in the making if I ever saw one. When i have a go at Gylfi and say he's not all that I'm thinking that a player like Pablo Hernandez in his prime in Gylfi's no. 10 role would be far more of an effective attacking threat.

I haven't seen Pablo play for Leeds. For us, when he was good he was very good. But he didn't half give the ball away a lot, probably coz he was trying the difficult pass a lot of the time. And of course, he was injured a lot as well. Don't know what his injury record's like at Leeds.
Newcastle v Leeds. on 22:22 - Apr 14 with 504 viewsicecoldjack

Newcastle v Leeds. on 22:18 - Apr 14 by ploppy

I haven't seen Pablo play for Leeds. For us, when he was good he was very good. But he didn't half give the ball away a lot, probably coz he was trying the difficult pass a lot of the time. And of course, he was injured a lot as well. Don't know what his injury record's like at Leeds.

No, incorrect, he wasn't injured a lot !

Big misconception about him played over 30 games each season if memory serves me well, but it's easily checkable on a stats site.
Newcastle v Leeds. on 22:26 - Apr 14 with 493 viewsDr_Winston

Part of Hernandez's problem was that it used to take him 3/4 games to play himself into his best form. Seemingly he'd invariably get crocked after playing well in a couple of games after that and the whole process would start again.

In terms of total games played he probably wasn't injured all that much, it's just that injuries seemed to have a more long term and detrimental effect on him than it did on others.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Newcastle v Leeds. on 22:32 - Apr 14 with 472 viewslonglostjack

Newcastle v Leeds. on 22:26 - Apr 14 by Dr_Winston

Part of Hernandez's problem was that it used to take him 3/4 games to play himself into his best form. Seemingly he'd invariably get crocked after playing well in a couple of games after that and the whole process would start again.

In terms of total games played he probably wasn't injured all that much, it's just that injuries seemed to have a more long term and detrimental effect on him than it did on others.

Yes that was the frustrating bit.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Newcastle v Leeds. on 22:33 - Apr 14 with 470 viewsNeathJack

Newcastle v Leeds. on 22:26 - Apr 14 by Dr_Winston

Yep. After a run of about 3-4 games he'd look world class, then would get injured again.

It was a very frustrating cycle and a huge shame as he was a genuine talent.
Newcastle v Leeds. on 22:39 - Apr 14 with 463 viewsDr_Winston

Newcastle v Leeds. on 22:33 - Apr 14 by NeathJack

Yep. After a run of about 3-4 games he'd look world class, then would get injured again.

It was a very frustrating cycle and a huge shame as he was a genuine talent.

The best example of how good that 2012/13 squad was. We could afford to get good games out of Hernandez only about 20/30% of the time and still win trophies.

I'm not generally someone who gets on board with the "Our entire squad is shit!" nonsense, but there's no real doubt that we've taken huge steps backwards since then.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Newcastle v Leeds. on 11:55 - Apr 15 with 313 viewsbyron

Biggest issue I have is that we are no longer different, special etc.....just another club phucked over by the money men....they won't have a clue what to do if we go down....

Benny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024