Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Passing Game. 18:02 - Apr 15 with 5760 viewslifelong

Thinking back over the last 6 seasons we were renowned for our passing game, we received many plaudits for it from a variety of sources.

Watching that game today, and many others this season, I couldn't help wondering what the feck has happened to it? We just can't put 3 passes together these days and most of the time revert to hoof ball tactics.. it's very frustrating to watch.
Our Passing Game. on 09:48 - Apr 17 with 696 viewscostalotta

Our Passing Game. on 07:43 - Apr 17 by pencoedjack

Spot on Wayne

It sure is.

How the feck has he got away with it for so long? He's incompetent beyond belief and how it others have not seen him for what he truly is, is crazy. It was a core group of players signed and developed by RM, Sousa and Brendan that got us up and allowed us to stabilise in the EPL. ML took it up a notch with very good signings and the future was bright. The problem with this? No credit for HJ and he didn't like it. Our passing game is a symptom of the players and coaching staff and always has been. If those players and coaching staff are incapable it will disappear and Huw has added players and coaches who are incapabale, much like himself! He was found out years ago.

Fack off Huw and quickly. Oh, and take that shambles old board and Trust board with you. Clean slate please.
Our Passing Game. on 10:12 - Apr 17 with 664 viewsWarwickHunt

Our Passing Game. on 19:12 - Apr 15 by monmouth

Ego, Greed and Incompetence are the only three words that need to go on any banner underneath a picture of Snouty.

I took the rumour that Jenkins was itching to get rid of Laudrup because he was getting all the credit for our success with a pinch of salt at the time.

Incredibly, it's probably true.
Our Passing Game. on 10:22 - Apr 17 with 651 viewscostalotta

Our Passing Game. on 10:12 - Apr 17 by WarwickHunt

I took the rumour that Jenkins was itching to get rid of Laudrup because he was getting all the credit for our success with a pinch of salt at the time.

Incredibly, it's probably true.

There's a few posters on here to try at every opportunity things like "the truth will come out" blah blah. It was and is already out there. You just got to know where to look.
Our Passing Game. on 11:28 - Apr 17 with 625 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The degrading of player quality may have had something to do with our "ability" to pass and string passes together.
But and it is a really big but, there have been occassions when we have seen it, even if it has been in short bursts and the key to that is and always has been confidence.
Just look at England's games in the Europen Cup for an example, when their confidence went, starting with Rooney in the second half, who couldn't trap the ball, pass the ball, get the ball past a defender the whole team soon followed and became a shambles.
To suggest it never ever happened to us under Rogers & Laudrup shows what short or selective memories you guys have got.
Having poorer and less skilled players only makes the onset of loss of confidence in the club situation, themselves and the manager and his tactics that much quicker to happen and that much harder to correct.
Our Passing Game. on 13:34 - Apr 17 with 596 viewsDrizzy

One of the more hilarious consequences of our demise has been the emergence of Bayram Tutumlu as a renowned scout.

In reality his only motive was lining his own pocket at the expense of the club after striking gold with the Michu signing. The next season's signings were dreadful or one reason or another aside from Bony, which he profited massively from despite his client having little idea of how to use him.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Our Passing Game. the on 14:01 - Apr 17 with 578 viewsdobjack2

Our Passing Game. on 13:34 - Apr 17 by Drizzy

One of the more hilarious consequences of our demise has been the emergence of Bayram Tutumlu as a renowned scout.

In reality his only motive was lining his own pocket at the expense of the club after striking gold with the Michu signing. The next season's signings were dreadful or one reason or another aside from Bony, which he profited massively from despite his client having little idea of how to use him.

True but some of his clients could play football. Others clearly were not up to it at our level.

But that is the point where it all started going wrong.

We had our own identity a possession and passing game. We recruited players who fitted that identity that other clubs wouldn't consider so we weren't in the same market as them where we would get outbid.

I used to laugh at the identikit teams like Sunderland who could only survive so long playing their style. Also the stokes and West Brom's of this world. Sunderland are going down but both stoke and West Brom have improved their way of playing.

Post Laudrup monk eroded our identity and our recruitment went the same way with a chairman wholly unqualified for the task taking on the posts of effective director of football and head of recruitment clearly getting in players for coaches To coach. combining 3 roles and having nobody with real football knowledge having input has inevitably led to a fubah situation on the football side with managers/coaches coming and going like buses.

Add in his performance over the share sale, paid directorship and dividends and the fecking mess leads back to the ineptitude of one man trying to do things he was not qualified to do but who has come out of it as a multi millionaire.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 15:12]
Our Passing Game. on 16:14 - Apr 17 with 526 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our Passing Game. on 13:34 - Apr 17 by Drizzy

Did tutumuulu sign Bony ? I have a suspicion that that was a Jenkins/JVZ collaboration, coming from the Dutch league . He didn't seem Laudrups kind of player at all . Perhaps this is when relations between HJ and ML and BT started going badly wrong

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Our Passing Game. on 16:36 - Apr 17 with 514 viewsdobjack2

Our Passing Game. on 16:14 - Apr 17 by Brynmill_Jack

Did tutumuulu sign Bony ? I have a suspicion that that was a Jenkins/JVZ collaboration, coming from the Dutch league . He didn't seem Laudrups kind of player at all . Perhaps this is when relations between HJ and ML and BT started going badly wrong

I agree with you there as that would explain in part Laudrup's reluctance to play him.
Login to get fewer ads

Our Passing Game. on 19:23 - Apr 17 with 473 viewsjasper_T

Isn't the story Laudrup and Tutumlu wanted Aubamayang instead?
Our Passing Game. on 20:57 - Apr 17 with 441 viewsploppy

Our Passing Game. on 19:23 - Apr 17 by jasper_T

Isn't the story Laudrup and Tutumlu wanted Aubamayang instead?

Aubamayang didn't want to come to us as I remember. He wanted CL (or whatever) football.
Our Passing Game. on 22:16 - Apr 17 with 417 viewsDrizzy

No but I find it highly unlikely that he didn't take profit in some way from the deal as he had so much involvement in the club's transfers by 2013/2014.

Tutumlu cashed in on his early fortune as any opportunistic leach would. By 2013/2014 nobody would question his signings and profited massively by bringing in mediocre players such as Canas, Pozuelo and Amat. It's no surprise too see the negative correlation between an arriving player's ability and the amount of profit Tutumlu made from the deal.

A complete fraud who is bizarrely championed on here. It was his shady dealings that sparked the board's conservatism and unwillingness to appoint a manager with any influence in our recruitment.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024