Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? 20:02 - Apr 15 with 2873 viewsPokerface

I will start with an easy choice.

Ki.

He is crap.

He should not be anywhere near a match day squad.

To start a match is bonkers.

To play 90 mins .... like a remake of "One flew over the cuckoos nest" and Clement has the Nicholson role. Crazy.

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 09:57 - Apr 16 with 679 viewsDr_Winston

What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 09:53 - Apr 16 by Kilkennyjack

Yes both Olsson and Fer are premier league standard players. In our v poor team. Open your eyes.

Strange how you seemingly have a very high bar for the first team, but you are happy to be a brainless happy clapper for the u23s.

Heres a question for you .... where were the academy when our club needed them ? In our hour of need they have been completely invisible. U23s walking around the pitch getting clapped like the u9s ? Ffs. Its more like a charity than anything else.
There is only one remit - produce first team players for Swansea City.

Has there been a single thread on here lately you haven't managed to turn into a rant about the Academy?

I half expect to click one one of you and Trampie's nationalist bollocks episodes and find a rant about Cameron Toshack in them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 10:01 - Apr 16 with 668 viewsraynor94

What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 00:12 - Apr 16 by swans11

never saved a penalty well I'm pretty sure he saved one at Leicester this season for a start

And for Poland at the Euros

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 10:04 - Apr 16 with 661 viewsKilkennyjack

What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 09:57 - Apr 16 by Dr_Winston

Has there been a single thread on here lately you haven't managed to turn into a rant about the Academy?

I half expect to click one one of you and Trampie's nationalist bollocks episodes and find a rant about Cameron Toshack in them.

My apologies.

I will check with you before posting next time.

Obviously the decision to sink millions into an academy rather than the struggling first team seems all good to you. Its about choices.

Beware of the Risen People

What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 10:22 - Apr 16 with 641 viewsDewi1jack

What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 10:04 - Apr 16 by Kilkennyjack

My apologies.

Obviously the decision to sink millions into an academy rather than the struggling first team seems all good to you. Its about choices.

Unfortunately,
someone who plays football fifa manager scout 2017 decided to sink millions into such excellent players as Fer, Naughton, Baston, FFS Fernandez, Ki and give extended contracts to players well beyond their best years.
Allowed one of the most exciting bunches of players, who were a classy easily mid-table team and Capital 1 cup winners to be fully dismantled, allowing the players we have now- we're certainly not a team nowadays!

Amazing really.
Took the plaudits, the TV, radio and newspaper interviews that made him look good, took tea and biccies with Her Maj Queen and came away with a winners medal.
Now...
The silence is beyond deafening.

And that's the reason we're such a sh1te side to watch nowadays.
Not because our academy (which will take time) can't produce 1st team players to order

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 10:24 - Apr 16 with 640 viewsLoyal

What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 10:04 - Apr 16 by Kilkennyjack

My apologies.

You have to let go ....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 10:29 - Apr 16 with 627 viewsperchrockjack

Look.
As chief moderator Winston believes spending on academy and training wasxsold worth it.

Others who think otherwise aren't very bright .he s said so ...for years

Many like me believe the excellent training facilities are risible given the inept performances this season

As for the Academy....dear God..

I just can't

Still, Winnie has spoken

Now the question...

A car driven by Rotledge with Ki front seat passenger and Dyer and Fernandez in the rear

Cork in the boot would be good too

Better though to get a SUV and chuck Narsingh and naughton in

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 10:32 - Apr 16 with 623 viewsjasper_T

What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 09:53 - Apr 16 by Kilkennyjack

Yes both Olsson and Fer are premier league standard players. In our v poor team. Open your eyes.

Strange how you seemingly have a very high bar for the first team, but you are happy to be a brainless happy clapper for the u23s.

Heres a question for you .... where were the academy when our club needed them ? In our hour of need they have been completely invisible. U23s walking around the pitch getting clapped like the u9s ? Ffs. Its more like a charity than anything else.

My eyes were open while both were decent-ish players in the Championship.

I don't think we'll see many offers for either, especially on the wage Fer's on (possibly Olsson too, I don't know what he's getting).

The idea that the *only* remit for an academy is to produce first team players for the team is incredibly narrow-minded.
What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 10:35 - Apr 16 with 603 viewsDr_Winston

Relegation for a club of our size was only a matter of when, not if.

If some people had their way we'd be going down now with nothing to show for it except wealthy ex shareholders, players and managers. The team would still be sharing facilities at Llandarcy, and the chances of us being able to attract or develop quality players again would be vastly reduced.

Perchy suggests that I believe those who advocate such a viewpoint to be thick. For once in his life he's right. The decision to have a bricks and mortar investment from our time in the Premier League is the only legacy Jenkins and co won't turn to shit.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 10:39 - Apr 16 with 595 viewsdobjack2

What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 10:32 - Apr 16 by jasper_T

My eyes were open while both were decent-ish players in the Championship.

I don't think we'll see many offers for either, especially on the wage Fer's on (possibly Olsson too, I don't know what he's getting).

The idea that the *only* remit for an academy is to produce first team players for the team is incredibly narrow-minded.

Nail on head about wages.

If we relegated it depends on what is in contracts - no relegation clauses unlikely to be takers for some of our players. We either let them run out their contracts or agree severance pay if that is the case.
What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 10:49 - Apr 16 with 582 viewsDewi1jack

What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 10:35 - Apr 16 by Dr_Winston

If some people had their way we'd be going down now with nothing to show for it except wealthy ex shareholders, players and managers. The team would still be sharing facilities at Llandarcy, and the chances of us being able to attract or develop quality players again would be vastly reduced.

Perchy suggests that I believe those who advocate such a viewpoint to be thick. For once in his life he's right. The decision to have a bricks and mortar investment from our time in the Premier League is the only legacy Jenkins and co won't turn to shit.

We were never going to get even a chance of 'better than average' kids when wierd blokes were turning up at Llandarcy with their boots and agent, once the parents looked around the likes of Crewe, Luton, Cardiff, Newcastle and many others.
let alone the lower PL clubs and their facilities.

The undisputable fact is that proper training facilities, both for the 1st team and the kiddies needed building.

But why not just build the one facility out at Fairwood?
Bus the kids to Olchfa for lessons- one of the top rated schools in the country.
Why build a building that was obviously too small and would need an extension building the day it was handed off?

Everything about the running of our club over the last 2 or 3 years smells rotten to the core.
It seems to revolve around how much wedge could be syphoned and hidden

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 12:07 - Apr 16 with 528 viewsgiantstoneater

The u23s have had a cracking season and have looked like a team and have been more enjoyable to watch but to put too many of those with the first team would be a huge mistake who would they learn from? they wouldn't get any help from the worst squad of players we have assembled for a long long time. PC DID have the chance to give McB 15 mins at the end of the Boro game and he bottled it.
What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 12:21 - Apr 16 with 521 viewsgiantstoneater

Don't want to see him go but Siggy will go but we must get top Dollar for him we didn't with Ayeuw, Fabiansky,Ki Ayeuw,Narsingh can go if we can get a reasonable return. I presume Leeds will want to keep Bartley and Grimes will either be released or loaned out . The sale of the players mentioned will hopefully fund four or five decent players who will help steady the ship because I can't see any any investment coming from the Americans if we thought this season will be tough then next season will be even tougher.
What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 14:24 - Apr 16 with 474 viewsnantywatcher

How much are we likely to lose on individuals?
Cost value? LOSS
Baston £15m £5m £10m
Grimes £1.25 free £1.25
Narsingh £5m £1m £4m
Montero £5m £1m £4m
Barrow £1.5 500k £1m
All too depressing to carry on - or am I being too harsh?
What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 15:28 - Apr 16 with 437 viewstomdickharry

Fer,this player has a track record of mediocrity which we took no notice of and even gave him a new contract.
What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 22:10 - Apr 16 with 386 viewsKilkennyjack

What Swans player would you sell regardless of what league we are in and why? on 10:35 - Apr 16 by Dr_Winston

As a thicko then ......my reply would be that without premiership funding we will not be able to afford the running of the 2 training facilities.

Its as likely to be a monument to failure as a production line of (Scottish) talent. Time will tell i guess.

To be clear, I would love us to produce local players again like macdonald, joey, jazz and ben. I hope you are right fella.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024