Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mawson = CLASS 21:34 - Apr 15 with 5820 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Mawson = CLASS on 22:17 - Apr 15 with 1016 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Mawson = CLASS on 22:14 - Apr 15 by jack2jack

Aye,but we didn't and we are still in the shite,so what's you're point,sorry mate I'm still in a bit of a bad mood!

Yeah, we didn't largely because of the mistake you said did not matter.

The game was there for the taking for either side. It was not inconceivable that we could have scored a goal and kept them out.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Mawson = CLASS on 22:18 - Apr 15 with 1015 viewsJack_Meoff

Mawson = CLASS on 21:52 - Apr 15 by Swanjaxs

Youd probably be surprised mate.... but anyway let's just hang this young lad out to dry is it 👏👏

I really like Alfie mate, it's just the OP's statement that he'll stay in the Summer just puzzled me, as if he'd have a f*ckton of suitors. Not hanging him out to dry in the slightest. Premier League standard though - not convinced. Ash seeing him through this season would have been fantastic. Auntie having balls etc though...

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

N/A. on 22:19 - Apr 15 with 1011 viewsHuw57

Mawson = CLASS on 21:58 - Apr 15 by NeathJack

Ki will go to China. Montero will go to Spain. Routledge will be fine in the Championship but Barrow is a liability that we'll be stuck with.

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 3:23]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Mawson = CLASS on 22:29 - Apr 15 with 983 viewsjack2jack

Mawson = CLASS on 22:17 - Apr 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yeah, we didn't largely because of the mistake you said did not matter.

The game was there for the taking for either side. It was not inconceivable that we could have scored a goal and kept them out.

What about the dozens of mistakes that have been made since the start of the season,that has put us in this position Eh!
Let me clarify
Selling the club down the river
Getting the Americans on board
Poor recruitment
Getting shot of Guidolin, although that's debatable by some.
Appointing Bobbly
Do you get my drift
Can't really see it's all down to poor Alfie's mistake
What do you reckon!
Mawson = CLASS on 22:41 - Apr 15 with 964 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Mawson = CLASS on 22:18 - Apr 15 by Jack_Meoff

I really like Alfie mate, it's just the OP's statement that he'll stay in the Summer just puzzled me, as if he'd have a f*ckton of suitors. Not hanging him out to dry in the slightest. Premier League standard though - not convinced. Ash seeing him through this season would have been fantastic. Auntie having balls etc though...

I didn't say that.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Mawson = CLASS on 22:43 - Apr 15 with 955 viewsE20Jack

This is football, nearly every goal is due to a result of a mistake somewhere down the line.

Why people get so shocked players make mistakes is beyond me. Just try and keep them to a minimum, which given his inexperience at the top level and the situation he has been thrust into - has done done so rather well.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Mawson = CLASS on 22:46 - Apr 15 with 937 viewsJack_Meoff

Mawson = CLASS on 22:41 - Apr 15 by Tummer_from_Texas

I didn't say that.

Sorry mate, it was TheKirkyLife, not you. My mistake.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Mawson = CLASS on 22:47 - Apr 15 with 933 viewsAngelRangelQS

He's a young kid who had barely played a game in the championship let alone the premiership, he's been chucked into a side having a basket case of a season and playing in a defence containing the likes of Taylor, Naughton, Fernandez, Amat and that useless Dutch fella

Yes he's made mistakes this season but I like him. There's more about him than the rest of the squad put together
Login to get fewer ads

Mawson = CLASS on 23:05 - Apr 15 with 878 viewsploppy

Unfortunately, if you want the type of CB who can play out from the back you're always likely to get that type of mistake from time to time. Ash made many mistakes by "playing football", and you need look no further than John Stones. Now, you can't have it both ways. There's plenty of people on here bemoaning our current style of play and the fact that we're hoofing it from the back. Well, if we want to get back to the "Swansea Way" we need players who are comfortable playing out from the back - and that means making mistakes sometimes. Trouble is when you're the last man and you make a mistake it can be costly. You can only hope that the benefits of playing out from the back overall outweigh the odd mistake. For me, Mawson has shown that he can play the way we want to play so I hope we hold on to him and build a team around him.
Mawson = CLASS on 23:10 - Apr 15 with 862 viewsjasper_T

Mawson = CLASS on 21:59 - Apr 15 by Swanjaxs

Wrong message board mate.... Google "English football message boards" 👍 no need 2 fank me mush 😎

We're not allowed to make fun of the English on a Welsh forum?
Mawson = CLASS on 23:10 - Apr 15 with 860 viewslonglostjack

Mawson = CLASS on 23:05 - Apr 15 by ploppy

Unfortunately, if you want the type of CB who can play out from the back you're always likely to get that type of mistake from time to time. Ash made many mistakes by "playing football", and you need look no further than John Stones. Now, you can't have it both ways. There's plenty of people on here bemoaning our current style of play and the fact that we're hoofing it from the back. Well, if we want to get back to the "Swansea Way" we need players who are comfortable playing out from the back - and that means making mistakes sometimes. Trouble is when you're the last man and you make a mistake it can be costly. You can only hope that the benefits of playing out from the back overall outweigh the odd mistake. For me, Mawson has shown that he can play the way we want to play so I hope we hold on to him and build a team around him.

Good post.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Mawson = CLASS on 23:15 - Apr 15 with 845 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Mawson = CLASS on 22:46 - Apr 15 by Jack_Meoff

Sorry mate, it was TheKirkyLife, not you. My mistake.

No worries.

Mawson = CLASS on 23:30 - Apr 15 with 807 viewsKerouac

Mawson is a good boy.
He is the future, give him a break....defenders and goalies will make mistakes but WHY CAN'T WE CREATE QUALITY CHANCES?
If you struggle to score you will struggle at any level....and it is not and has NEVER been the Striker's fault.
The team don't create opportunities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Mawson = CLASS on 23:32 - Apr 15 with 800 viewsexiledclaseboy

The boy made a mistake. He's young. It'll happen.

Anyone pinning our predicament on him can f*ck off.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2017 23:40]

Poll: Tory leader

Mawson = CLASS on 23:35 - Apr 15 with 791 viewsjack2jack

Mawson = CLASS on 23:32 - Apr 15 by exiledclaseboy

The boy made a mistake. He's young. It'll happen.

Anyone pinning our predicament on him can f*ck off.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2017 23:40]

Nicely put ECB!
Mawson = CLASS on 23:44 - Apr 15 with 769 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I do not think anyone is pinning our current predicament on Alfie. Just today's result. A day where a positive result would have seen us outside the relegation place.

Mawson = CLASS on 23:48 - Apr 15 with 744 viewsNeathJack

Mawson = CLASS on 23:44 - Apr 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I do not think anyone is pinning our current predicament on Alfie. Just today's result. A day where a positive result would have seen us outside the relegation place.

Anyone pinning today's result on Mawson is an idiot.

He made a mistake, yes. Clement made far more mistakes in his team selection and tactics than Mawson made all day.

Why not pin it on Fernandez for f*cking up that header when Gomes had flapped? Or Ki for crossing into the stand when we'd worked a great opening? Or Gylfi for heading wide from 8 yards out?
Mawson = CLASS on 23:49 - Apr 15 with 743 viewsjack2jack

Fvck it i can't be bothered
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:50 - Apr 15 with 739 viewsGeoffThom

Fair play you happy clappers on here are an optimistic lot ,the lads championship at best and even then I don't think he'd stand out ,not his fault but as I've said before he couldn't lace chicos boots
[Post edited 15 Apr 2017 23:53]
(No subject) (n/t) on 00:09 - Apr 16 with 706 viewsAngelRangelQS

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:50 - Apr 15 by GeoffThom

Fair play you happy clappers on here are an optimistic lot ,the lads championship at best and even then I don't think he'd stand out ,not his fault but as I've said before he couldn't lace chicos boots
[Post edited 15 Apr 2017 23:53]

How can you say that he's "championship at best" when he's come into our team at a really difficult time and without a decent CB partner (and no, FF doesn't count) to play alongside and to bring him on?

He's been thrown in the deep end and done a good job for the most part (yes I know he's made mistakes but who hasn't?). He's also shown more character and balls than most of his team mates.

For context, Ash was still playing for Stockport at Mawson's age.
Mawson = CLASS on 00:45 - Apr 16 with 671 viewsGeoffThom

He's one of many poor players that we have ,we can't and could not afford the luxury of a maybe in the side this year ,and he's a maybe ,we will see if he's really any good next year in the championship,compared to the likes of Flores he's not even average right now
Mawson = CLASS on 00:54 - Apr 16 with 656 viewsAngelRangelQS

Mawson = CLASS on 00:45 - Apr 16 by GeoffThom

He's one of many poor players that we have ,we can't and could not afford the luxury of a maybe in the side this year ,and he's a maybe ,we will see if he's really any good next year in the championship,compared to the likes of Flores he's not even average right now

You're not comparing like with like though.

Chico was 25 when he signed for us and had played a significant number of games in La Liga and Serie A. He also came into a good side with a relatively established defence.

Mawson was 22 and had 3 championship games under his belt. Still, you crack on.
Mawson = CLASS on 01:11 - Apr 16 with 630 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Mawson = CLASS on 00:54 - Apr 16 by AngelRangelQS

You're not comparing like with like though.

Chico was 25 when he signed for us and had played a significant number of games in La Liga and Serie A. He also came into a good side with a relatively established defence.

Mawson was 22 and had 3 championship games under his belt. Still, you crack on.

48 Championship games. Plus 45 in League 2. That is over two full seasons as a professional in the Football League. He's hardly a teenager thrust into the senior squad.

Mawson = CLASS on 01:32 - Apr 16 with 619 viewsNeathJack

Mawson = CLASS on 01:11 - Apr 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

48 Championship games. Plus 45 in League 2. That is over two full seasons as a professional in the Football League. He's hardly a teenager thrust into the senior squad.

48 Championship games?

Try again, troll boy.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2017 1:34]
Mawson = CLASS on 02:10 - Apr 16 with 604 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Mawson = CLASS on 01:11 - Apr 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Wrong, Barnsley was a League 1 club in 15-16.

But Alfie helped them earn promotion by scoring 7 goals that season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024