Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
16 years since we last relegated 09:01 - Apr 16 with 3655 viewsmarchamjack

I imagine lots on here have never been through this with the Swans. By the way, that's no judgement one way or the other on the younger followers, we all start out somewhere, just saying.

Back in the '80's relegation seemed a way of life following the Swans!

The one thing I will say having been through it 5 times I think in my Swans following lifetime, whatever people say about they don't mind going down (and that's their call) is that it takes a while to adjust to just how sht by comparison the general standard of football is from one league to another and how relatively poor the players are all round. Anyone thinks the football wont be noticeable worse in the Championship is deluding themselves. We'll think Ki was Maradona :)

I will say however that Easter weekend will be less boring with more Swans games on over the period, which is what prompted me to post here. I did used to enjoy the lower league cram of fixtures over this weekend.

Dreading relegation and missing the PL though. Whatever anyone says, rocking up at Huddersfield does not have the same attraction as a day out at Anfield. Missing out on watching Aguero, Kane, Klop on the touchline is going to take some getting used to.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

16 years since we last relegated on 22:20 - Apr 16 with 662 viewsAl_Bundy

McBurnie as the main striker in Championship would be farcical .. The lad is barely out of pro football nappies.

If Llorente , Gomis and Baston leave then I would look at someone Glen Murray at Brighton to fill the gap if Brighton go up.
16 years since we last relegated on 23:24 - Apr 16 with 616 viewsJoe_bradshaw

F**k me.

Relegated is now a verb.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

16 years since we last relegated on 00:06 - Apr 17 with 587 viewsSmellyplumz

16 years since we last relegated on 10:58 - Apr 16 by Dewi1jack

Aye.
Relegation is a sickener, especially when you're losing silly games at the start of the next season while everything adjusts.

The only bonus (if you can call it that) is the scum who sold us out and the muppets who gave us "soccer camp" Bob are going to be able to skim next to nothing from us.
How we laughed at our Eastern neighbours with Tan putting in a £ million a month.

Let's all hope the Yanks can afford to, because the parachute payments aren't going to cover the clubs' running costs

If your last paragraph is true and I've no reason to disbelieve it then can you see the yanks ferking off?

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

16 years since we last relegated on 02:15 - Apr 17 with 556 viewssketty_jack

16 years since we last relegated on 11:28 - Apr 16 by exiledclaseboy

We then whooped Brentford 6-0 in the final game of the season. There were 20,000 people at the Vetch watching, if everyone who claims to be there actually was.

Wasn't quite the last game of the season but I was one of the 200,000!
16 years since we last relegated on 09:49 - Apr 17 with 493 viewsDewi1jack

16 years since we last relegated on 00:06 - Apr 17 by Smellyplumz

If your last paragraph is true and I've no reason to disbelieve it then can you see the yanks ferking off?

I sincerely hope not.
I have this awful vision of the yanks selling the club back to our EX owners as their 'get out clause, ' even if they take a fair sized hit.
Or flogging us to someone similar to the chicken chokers at Blackburn.

Now as 'interesting' as selling the club back to our sell out scum would be off the field, I fear that either of the above options mean we would implode as a club and fan base.
Yes undoubtedly we'll still be rocking up, no matter what division we're in, but the atmosphere would be very toxic, because all the fans there (yes even in the West ) would be back to their old passionate selves.
Not just there making up the numbers so they have a ticket to their beloved Utd/ Liverpool/ Spurs etc

I had no qualms in renewing our seasies and I have no regrets now in doing so, even though I'm going to miss a lot more midweek games in the Championship, but am waiting to see the Trusts next move prior to renewing a long standing membership with them.
I have the nagging doubt there was more collusion than they're letting on about.
Only time (end of the season for the legal sh1te to hit!) will tell.

We've been fugged over all season by the sellout scum and the Yanks (Bradley? Really?FFS bunch of muppets).
In fact, looking at the absolute quality and our fully professional players putting in so much effort at the mo, looks like we've been fugged over for years.
Hoping and praying Burton stay up as I've not been to their ground watching us (selfish b'stard aren't I?)

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024