Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What exactly has happened? 09:52 - Apr 16 with 5685 viewsSgorioFruit

From beating Leicester and Burnley and looking like we got our shape and playing mentality back to only picking up one point from 18.
Have the players decided they want to play championship football or something?
Something has changed, we were fired up a few weeks ago and now we are not.
Is it players? Manager?
Bag of shite.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

What exactly has happened? on 12:50 - Apr 16 with 1125 viewsicecoldjack

What exactly has happened? on 12:44 - Apr 16 by Jackanapes

Wayne Routledge puts his chance(s) away at Hull and we are safe. Fine margins indeed.

There always seems to be a way to blame Routledge for our woes !!

I'd rather him in the team than Narsingh, Montero,Barrow or Dyer. Not his fault we've not replaced with better by now.
What exactly has happened? on 12:53 - Apr 16 with 1126 viewsharryhpalmer

What exactly has happened? on 10:02 - Apr 16 by jack2jack

I have no idea,was going to ask a similar question last night but couldn't be bothered.
After a very good start, the mood around the place has gone very sour.
Interestingly PCs body language in his post match interview was very un-nearving.

100%. I noticed not once did he look at the journos asking the questions. It was head down the whole time.

Normally he is defiant, and looking up and ahead.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

What exactly has happened? on 12:54 - Apr 16 with 1119 viewscostalotta

What exactly has happened? on 12:44 - Apr 16 by Jackanapes

Wayne Routledge puts his chance(s) away at Hull and we are safe. Fine margins indeed.

Was thinking this when reading res thread about that game. But it would paper over the cracks again... prolong the inevitable.
What exactly has happened? on 13:09 - Apr 16 with 1091 viewsharryhpalmer

What exactly has happened? on 10:50 - Apr 16 by Borojack

Not sure your right on the squad being starved of investment.

We have bought.
Baston 15 mil
Llorente 5
Mawson 5
Carrol 5
Narsingh 4.5
Ayew 5 plus Taylor
Olson 4.5

So spent about 45 million quid plus signing on fees.
Sold Ayew and Williams for 20 and 12.

So we can't really say there has been no investment but the recruitment has been poor.

yep. it has been poor investment.

Like wasting money on signing Fer, when the money we paid for him could have been added to the offer Liverpool rejected for Joe Allen. All it needed was for Jenkins to fork out another 2m.

Of those we have bought, they are hit and miss, and mostly been used poorly.

Baston never given a run. Was injured for The Don, played out of position by Brad (when he picked him), and ignored by PC, despite the fact that Ayew has shown more than once he is not a 9.

But he showed more yesterday than any of our other forwards. Ran the channels. Tracked back. Linked play. Put his head in where it hurt - and it did hurt.

Llorente is class but he needs the service. Rarely gets it, but when he does, he scores.

Narsingh was never going to be up to speed with the aggression of this league. And, like all of our wingers, the ball gets to him way too slow, so they are ganged up on, and end up passing the ball backwards. When our winger isolate the full back they have the speed and skill to beat them 8 times out of 10.

Ayew - like his brother, what is his best position? A free role behind the striker I think. Possibly out wide. Never a 9.

Mawson has a huge amount to learn. He will be a good player, no question in my mind. But when you are struggling down the bottom and leaking goals for fun, you need some experience there. That mistake yesterday has been coming. He has tried and got away with that a few times this season. Looks great when he does it. A disaster when he buggars it up, like yesterday. He has also got on the wrong side of his attacker several times, and at least twice that has resulted in goals - Bournemouth another example.

Olsson - has been decent going forward. Has got better defensively, but at times has shown the same errors our previous left backs have shown.

Carroll - not sure he's the answer. Quite a few times he has been missing in games, or poor in his accuracy of the simple pass, and should have been subbed. Then, he pulls out a dream cross for Llorente - Burnley a prime example of this.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

What exactly has happened? on 13:22 - Apr 16 with 1064 viewsRevJames

Perhaps there'll be a movie sequel that will explain how the dream was all thrown away.

Should get an Oscar
What exactly has happened? on 14:07 - Apr 16 with 1021 viewsclloy2

What exactly has happened? on 13:22 - Apr 16 by RevJames

Perhaps there'll be a movie sequel that will explain how the dream was all thrown away.

Should get an Oscar

Don't know why its happened, but it has and that is the players are clearly not playing for PC or the club for that matter. Their body language and lack of effort tells the story. Llorente yesterday- 20m sprint in 80m. That wouldn't be acceptable at park football level. He's obviously not interested, doesn't want to be involved in pulling up his sleeves and getting stuck into a relegation dog fight. Not just him though theres half a dozen to go with him. Is it because PC isn't a big enough name keep them all in check, or an old head and obvious leader in the dressing room (Ash) to keep the bad eggs in check. Whatever the reason someone needs to get on top of it now, as we will see another lack lustre performance again next Saturday, although they wont get such an easy ride strolling round in front of 20,000 home fans. Maybe they have just decided that as we are such a basket case of the pitch, why should they try and do anything about it on the pitch. The owners weren't bothered about preserving prem football so why should they.
What exactly has happened? on 14:35 - Apr 16 with 997 viewswaynekerr55

What exactly has happened? on 10:43 - Apr 16 by dobjack2

Cash - as in spending as little as possible. Must have made the books look good though.

You say that but fúck me the operating losses are and were eye watering. We certainly haven't been miserly on the wage front. That's where Jenkins getting ideas above his station have truly fúcked us. We're lumbered with bang average players on big money, we ain't shifting those on easily. Still, in Huw we trust, as he loves the club (JBT95)

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

What exactly has happened? on 15:34 - Apr 16 with 925 viewsmonmouth

What exactly has happened? on 14:35 - Apr 16 by waynekerr55

You say that but fúck me the operating losses are and were eye watering. We certainly haven't been miserly on the wage front. That's where Jenkins getting ideas above his station have truly fúcked us. We're lumbered with bang average players on big money, we ain't shifting those on easily. Still, in Huw we trust, as he loves the club (JBT95)

Gomis will probably look good inthe championship.

Actually we should have just kept him as back up and saved ourselves 15m. Jenkins should be sacked just on those two agent sourced players alone. probably cost the club well over £25m there alone with poor decsion making.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

What exactly has happened? on 15:57 - Apr 16 with 902 viewsKilkennyjack

We have bought.
Baston 15 mil
Llorente 5
Mawson 5
Carrol 5
Narsingh 4.5
Ayew 5 plus Taylor
Olson 4.5

So we can't really say there has been no investment but the recruitment has been poor.

Yes, I am sure.

Over last 5 years, we 'made' £9.6m on transfers in and out.

Next club was Tottenham who only spend/lost £5.5 m. (Bale factor?)
Man City spent/lost the most £402m.
Even little Burnley spent/lost £24.4m over the same period.

We are the only club to have 'made'' money.
I wonder how that policy worked out.

Beware of the Risen People

What exactly has happened? on 15:59 - Apr 16 with 899 viewsClinton

We have bought.
Baston 15 mil
Llorente 5
Mawson 5
Carrol 5
Narsingh 4.5
Ayew 5 plus Taylor
Olson 4.5

Good point this, didnt think of it this way before. We've sold quality and suffered for it.

Everyone knew selling Williams was a risk, it was in the balance really given his age and the money offered. I think the rationale behind selling Ash was that Fede and Amat seemed a solid pairing at the back end of last season at the time Ash was rested in preparation for Wales' Euro outing.

RE Andre Ayew, although I could never quite work out Andre Ayews best position, he had a hell of a knack of finding a goal. Oh how we could've do with a few of those in the last few weeks.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

What exactly has happened? on 17:00 - Apr 16 with 858 viewswaynekerr55

What exactly has happened? on 15:57 - Apr 16 by Kilkennyjack

Yes, I am sure.

Over last 5 years, we 'made' £9.6m on transfers in and out.

Next club was Tottenham who only spend/lost £5.5 m. (Bale factor?)
Man City spent/lost the most £402m.
Even little Burnley spent/lost £24.4m over the same period.

We are the only club to have 'made'' money.
I wonder how that policy worked out.

I'd hazard a guess that those profits were guzzled up by wages/signing on fees etc.

What exactly has happened? on 17:14 - Apr 16 with 839 viewsStarsky

We have bought.
Baston 15 mil
Llorente 5
Mawson 5
Carrol 5
Narsingh 4.5
Ayew 5 plus Taylor
Olson 4.5

Yeah we can when you add Bony sale in there too.

It's just the internet, init.

What exactly has happened? on 17:15 - Apr 16 with 832 viewsDr_Winston

What exactly has happened? on 17:00 - Apr 16 by waynekerr55

I'd hazard a guess that those profits were guzzled up by wages/signing on fees etc.

Redundancy payments for Monk, Laudrup, Bradley, Guidolin plus assorted backroom staffs. Can't be far off £10m just on that little lot.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What exactly has happened? on 17:15 - Apr 16 with 831 viewsshandyjack

What exactly has happened? on 17:14 - Apr 16 by Starsky

Yeah we can when you add Bony sale in there too.

and the JJS sale

Poll: Expectation for the season

What exactly has happened? on 17:20 - Apr 16 with 813 viewsStarsky

What exactly has happened? on 17:15 - Apr 16 by shandyjack

and the JJS sale

I thought that but i guess we spent that on palochie

What exactly has happened? on 17:24 - Apr 16 with 806 viewsshandyjack

What exactly has happened? on 17:20 - Apr 16 by Starsky

I thought that but i guess we spent that on palochie

but we got our money back for Paloschi more or less and broke even on Eder, got the Baf wages off our books to

What exactly has happened? on 17:27 - Apr 16 with 794 viewswaynekerr55

What exactly has happened? on 17:15 - Apr 16 by Dr_Winston

Redundancy payments for Monk, Laudrup, Bradley, Guidolin plus assorted backroom staffs. Can't be far off £10m just on that little lot.

Plus Tutumlu too. They'd made a contract of sorts as shown in the leaked letter

The massive fûcking idiot that he is

What exactly has happened? on 17:29 - Apr 16 with 786 viewsStarsky

What exactly has happened? on 17:24 - Apr 16 by shandyjack

but we got our money back for Paloschi more or less and broke even on Eder, got the Baf wages off our books to

Fair play, you're right.
We haven't invested at all. We sold good players and bought inferior players as replacements
Not much to love about our club these days.
I didn't let yesterdays defeat bother me much. More important things in life at the moment.
Ive accepted were down and its much easier to cope with.

What exactly has happened? on 17:30 - Apr 16 with 784 viewsSmellyplumz

How much did they spunk on that bullshit film.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

What exactly has happened? on 17:33 - Apr 16 with 779 viewsshandyjack

What exactly has happened? on 17:29 - Apr 16 by Starsky

Fair play, you're right.
We haven't invested at all. We sold good players and bought inferior players as replacements
Not much to love about our club these days.
I didn't let yesterdays defeat bother me much. More important things in life at the moment.
Ive accepted were down and its much easier to cope with.

my thoughts exactly, the hope is killing me, but last two games have made me even give up that

What exactly has happened? on 17:41 - Apr 16 with 763 viewsWingstandwood

What exactly has happened? on 17:27 - Apr 16 by waynekerr55

Plus Tutumlu too. They'd made a contract of sorts as shown in the leaked letter

The massive fûcking idiot that he is

I find it all utterly sickening! All thrown away in the most disgusting, disgraceful and completely unnecessary/preventable of circumstances.

I mean? A Premier League of all clubs using the cheap option by acquiring/using the services of a failed roofing supplies businessman as its transfer guru! Taking the Kamikaze utterly 'false-economy' option of using insane cheaper alternatives e.g. Monk, O' Leary, Bradley, Williams, Clotet, Beattie etc.

Nice little dividends may be paid short term but slightly longer term? Relegation struggle, potential ruination, preventable self destruction ignored, insane compensation pay-offs etc the end result.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2017 20:23]

Argus!

What exactly has happened? on 17:47 - Apr 16 with 747 viewsdobjack2

What exactly has happened? on 14:35 - Apr 16 by waynekerr55

I suspect that there is a little smoke and mirrors in the operating loss but it looks as if we are tidy payers for some bang average players and agree they will be hard to shift. QPR were over the moon to get fer off their wage bill.

I assume they convinced our majority owners that the team was self funding from the Sky money and that though wages were a huge proportion of our income that it wasn't a problem as there was no chance of us being relegated.
What exactly has happened? on 20:11 - Apr 16 with 685 viewsvetchonian

Our manager got the dreaded manager of tHe month award

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

What exactly has happened? on 20:28 - Apr 16 with 659 viewstomdickharry

What's done is done and that is why it is vitally important that the Trust go to court so that the truth can be published.
What exactly has happened? on 22:45 - Apr 16 with 614 viewsZZoric

rumour has it the players and coaching staff have been reading this forum - and started to believe how shite they may well be
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024