Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Regime change 10:44 - Apr 17 with 2297 viewscostalotta

Under what circumstances should our Trust undergo regime change? I guess the question is in simple terms have the Trust succeeded or failed in their duties? Black and white...

If yes I guess it's carry on as you are, if not what are the options?
Regime change on 10:48 - Apr 17 with 2283 viewsDarran

There'll only be regime changes when when the mouthy keyboard warrior pricks stand for election.

If you PM me your name I'll propose you at the next election.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Regime change on 10:53 - Apr 17 with 2272 viewscostalotta

Regime change on 10:48 - Apr 17 by Darran

There'll only be regime changes when when the mouthy keyboard warrior pricks stand for election.

If you PM me your name I'll propose you at the next election.

Thanks Darren but I'm afraid that I couldn't commit to that at this time. However, the purpose of thread is to get a healthy discussion going on the subject. Much has been said about certain people and whether they've done a good job etc but I'm very interested in knowing the appetite for change and if indeed that exists with our members and fan base. Or... is apathy in plentyfull supply.

What do you think?
Regime change on 10:55 - Apr 17 with 2261 viewsE20Jack

That is a bit of closing the door after the horse has bolted. The key mistakes have already been made, so there is no need for regime change now in my opinion, they have been left powerless. All focus should now be switched to getting the best possible deal for their shares, if that succeeds then reform would be best looked at when it is time to make an offer for the club whenever that may be in the future.

I do think the Trust should be smart with the money if they get it though and instead of just banking it, look to invest some in fan related schemes to make more money than they would in interest rates. If there was a Trust pub, then there is no reason why all pre match monies wouldnt go their way instead of the overpriced rubbish going into the hands of the Americans when whatever catering deal is in place ends.

The sale of the Trusts shares shouldn't be the end of the Trust until they are needed again, the focus should be switched to expanding the warchest to give them the best possible chance of a takeover in the future.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Regime change on 10:55 - Apr 17 with 2255 viewsDarran

Regime change on 10:53 - Apr 17 by costalotta

Thanks Darren but I'm afraid that I couldn't commit to that at this time. However, the purpose of thread is to get a healthy discussion going on the subject. Much has been said about certain people and whether they've done a good job etc but I'm very interested in knowing the appetite for change and if indeed that exists with our members and fan base. Or... is apathy in plentyfull supply.

What do you think?

I don't think anything my friend untill people front up there'll be no regime change.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Regime change on 11:00 - Apr 17 with 2241 viewscostalotta

Regime change on 10:55 - Apr 17 by E20Jack

That is a bit of closing the door after the horse has bolted. The key mistakes have already been made, so there is no need for regime change now in my opinion, they have been left powerless. All focus should now be switched to getting the best possible deal for their shares, if that succeeds then reform would be best looked at when it is time to make an offer for the club whenever that may be in the future.

I do think the Trust should be smart with the money if they get it though and instead of just banking it, look to invest some in fan related schemes to make more money than they would in interest rates. If there was a Trust pub, then there is no reason why all pre match monies wouldnt go their way instead of the overpriced rubbish going into the hands of the Americans when whatever catering deal is in place ends.

The sale of the Trusts shares shouldn't be the end of the Trust until they are needed again, the focus should be switched to expanding the warchest to give them the best possible chance of a takeover in the future.

Good post and some xcellent points.

Although I'm not sure whether I'd trust decision makers to make the right decisions based on the very poor decision making we've been subject to over the period.

As I said just looking to gauge the feeling fanbase on the whole. I'm. Not renewing until there is change but that's just me. I lost faith in the Trust a couple of years ago but I do think we need a strong Trust it's I don't think we have one.
Regime change on 11:18 - Apr 17 with 2203 viewsperchrockjack

Darren and discussion ?

RMOTFC

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Regime change on 11:19 - Apr 17 with 2203 viewsmonmouth

I've lost faith in absolutely everything to do with a club I was once immensely proud of. It sickens me.

That's not to say I don't trust the people in the Trust; I do. But I don't believe they have any cards of any real moment left to play, and it is now just shuffling the deck chairs on a ship holed below the waterline.

If they can get out with some cash for the future doomsday scenario then woopy-doo, but the model I prefer of insider supporter influence steering the ship is gone, whatever ego-stroking 'successes' the Yanks allow their pet poodle (which is what the structure, not the people, makes the Trust) to claim.

The whole thing makes me unutterably sad, which is why I just intend to watch and hopefully enjoy the football and take not even a passing interest in the running of the club at all after this terrible episode is concluded.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Regime change on 11:23 - Apr 17 with 2193 viewsTheResurrection

Regime change on 11:19 - Apr 17 by monmouth

I've lost faith in absolutely everything to do with a club I was once immensely proud of. It sickens me.

That's not to say I don't trust the people in the Trust; I do. But I don't believe they have any cards of any real moment left to play, and it is now just shuffling the deck chairs on a ship holed below the waterline.

If they can get out with some cash for the future doomsday scenario then woopy-doo, but the model I prefer of insider supporter influence steering the ship is gone, whatever ego-stroking 'successes' the Yanks allow their pet poodle (which is what the structure, not the people, makes the Trust) to claim.

The whole thing makes me unutterably sad, which is why I just intend to watch and hopefully enjoy the football and take not even a passing interest in the running of the club at all after this terrible episode is concluded.

Exactly, they will pussy foot around the subject throwing us a bone here and there and talk about bridges, oh and enjoy the tiny celebrity that goes with it all, but nothing will change.

It hasn't for 15 years - same people - same mistakes.

They've just got better at covering their arses, that's it.

The Trust are dead to so many but the 12 disciples don't really care about all that, that's the real sad part.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Login to get fewer ads

Regime change on 11:32 - Apr 17 with 2159 viewsperchrockjack

Serious post

I quit going to the Liberty ,or at least, on fewer occasions due to the utter anodyne atmosphere.

The bored kids, the burger parents, endless trips for ale and piss not forgetting those unable to stand when excited.

True, the club is as described

Still, it's part of me like it or not

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Regime change on 11:54 - Apr 17 with 2116 viewsswancity

The Trust is close to becoming a laughing stock. Yet I saw at a recent game some of them were in the Directors box. It's too sad for words.

How they handle the imminent legal action will decide their fate. The future of the Trust is hanging in the balance by a thread and I hope that they show the balls for a fight. It's not a fooking timy to be building bridges that's a certainty.

And to answer the original question....it depends on the legal case / action and how it's handled. I wish Phil Sumbler well as he's a good man who has been betrayed by many including some that he's been close to. I feel that a change may be needed and I'm keen to rejoin if they get this next and crucial bit right.

Meanwhile stay out of the Directors box on match days. It's making you look more foolish by the day.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Regime change on 11:59 - Apr 17 with 2101 viewscostalotta

Regime change on 11:19 - Apr 17 by monmouth

Apathy it is then for Mon?

I get what you're saying and is that not too dissimilar to the likes of silver shield and to a certain extent dougie. That didn't end well and when you look back was part of the slippery road for sure.

I'm not sure I ever really bought into the by the fans for the fans mind you. Having met many of the board early on into and later into their reign there were some good uns there for sure but I always remember something wasn't quite adding up with LD and HJ.
Regime change on 12:11 - Apr 17 with 2086 viewsDewi1jack

E20 makes some tremendous points, but I'm more toward where Monny is at the mo.
Won't renew my Trust membership until somewhere near their full story of this buy out is made clear to the members.
IMHO, we've been sold and bought as a cash cow.
People like Dimwit, who should have been looking out for the Trust because of their background, have stitched the supporters up.
Certainly the supporters with Trust membership.

Do we need a regime change?

IMO at this time no.
Purely and simply because the Trust is now at the point where they are an insignificant minority shareholder.
Better to have people running the Trust who have a beef with the sellers at the mo and can salvage the situation.
That's if they do.
Or is all this legal repercussions talk just talk?

Still hope and pray we won't need the Trust again to step in and save the club, but we'd be better off with a very strong trust just in case.

"What happens in the past, can easily happen again if mistakes aren't learned from"

Therefore the football pub idea could be an excellent way of raising monies.
Maybe even rent the Riverside from Stadco/ Council rather than owning a money pit sorry pub outright.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Regime change on 12:58 - Apr 17 with 1995 viewscostalotta

Regime change on 12:11 - Apr 17 by Dewi1jack

E20 makes some tremendous points, but I'm more toward where Monny is at the mo.
Won't renew my Trust membership until somewhere near their full story of this buy out is made clear to the members.
IMHO, we've been sold and bought as a cash cow.
People like Dimwit, who should have been looking out for the Trust because of their background, have stitched the supporters up.
Certainly the supporters with Trust membership.

Do we need a regime change?

IMO at this time no.
Purely and simply because the Trust is now at the point where they are an insignificant minority shareholder.
Better to have people running the Trust who have a beef with the sellers at the mo and can salvage the situation.
That's if they do.
Or is all this legal repercussions talk just talk?

Still hope and pray we won't need the Trust again to step in and save the club, but we'd be better off with a very strong trust just in case.

"What happens in the past, can easily happen again if mistakes aren't learned from"

Therefore the football pub idea could be an excellent way of raising monies.
Maybe even rent the Riverside from Stadco/ Council rather than owning a money pit sorry pub outright.

Ask yourself these...
is our Trust strong?
Are you at this moment confident in the Trust?
Are you confident, given the Jim White and Huw cooze fiascos confident in the leadership of the Trust to fight back and gain the support and membership from the fanbase?
In your option how has the Trust performed over the last few years?
Genuine question... what has the Trust done whilst we've been in the premier league?
Whilst we've been in the premier league has membership increased or decreased?
Regime change on 16:55 - Apr 17 with 1885 viewsClinton

The Trust is something Swansea City has that not many other clubs have and may be the reason the club rises again and punches above its natural weight.

My guess is the suckers running the Trust will still be devoting time and energy to it when many of the critics have lost interest in what will soon become a mid level Championship club. Ill carry on with the ten quid membership as an expression of support, its worth persisting with

If anyone has the time, energy and credentials to give it a go, they should. It looks like a hiding to nothing to me.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Regime change on 20:41 - Apr 17 with 1794 viewsDewi1jack

Regime change on 12:58 - Apr 17 by costalotta

Ask yourself these...
is our Trust strong?
Are you at this moment confident in the Trust?
Are you confident, given the Jim White and Huw cooze fiascos confident in the leadership of the Trust to fight back and gain the support and membership from the fanbase?
In your option how has the Trust performed over the last few years?
Genuine question... what has the Trust done whilst we've been in the premier league?
Whilst we've been in the premier league has membership increased or decreased?

I'll give this a go and answer purely in my honest opinion.

No.
We now have a minority shareholding, from being a major shareholder

No purely and simply because I have nagging doubts that they're unwilling to wash the dirties in public. Even though the whole story needs to come out no matter what, to ensure that confidence can be returned.

Yes providing the full story comes out and that the legal talk isn't just talk but action.

Not too well using hindsight.
Unfair I know. Life would be so much easier with hindsight. Plus I'd be a Euro Millions winner!
Pretty cosy? Maybe too cosy/ pally pally with the sellout scum.
Too trusting? Friends or even mates don't pull stunts like the sellout b'stards have done

But those wanchors, especially that no mark ex director of the Trust (worst by far offender in this sorry state of affairs) and Captain fuggin Beaky seem to have pulled the wool over nearly everyone in footballs eyes.
Even Her Maj gave the snidey, sneaky b'stard a medal!

Again using hindsight, not well.
Certainly don't appear to have done a lot to secure their position and make sure every agreement was as watertight as a ducks' bum. See also the answer on friends and trusting

Not sure, but I genuinely thought it had increased slightly.
Not forgetting (or counting because that's not fair) one or 2 seasons (I think) the club included membership with every season ticket.
Not sure how many still paid their £10 then either.

Let's see how much of the story comes out in the wash.
The legal way forward is maybe the only option the Trust has for people to get their confidence back.
And as I said, IMHO it's better to have people making this decision who are angry with the situation the sellout scum have placed them in, without adding in the embarassment and accusations of financial wrongdoing they have had said about them.

I'll make my decision on renewing membership and having my faith restored in the Trust when the full story comes out.
If it doesn't then that'll make my mind up for me.

Personal attacks/ questions on their integrity on the present Trust board are IMHO wrong.
But then again, sitting with the directors is not doing them any favours in some peoples eyes either- no win situation really.
Build bridges/ (tape recorded) intelligence gathering etc or sit away from them and get even less info than they were at the start of this sh1te.

Remember who's caused this sh1testorm and gone behind their so-called friends backs and that should be where the majority of anger is aimed.
Mind you.
With friends like the b'stard sellout scum on your side, maybe we'd be better off with a fukofalot more enemies.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024