Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? 19:35 - Apr 17 with 1808 viewsPokerface

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 19:41 - Apr 17 with 1790 viewsNOTRAC

How could anyone be anything than unhappy, with the club in its present situation.
How can anyone trust these people at the moment.
Let them prove themselves first, and then in a few years time, perhaps.
To action this now is something we could regret more than relegation.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 19:41 - Apr 17 with 1784 viewsSwanjaxs

Can you add a "don't care anymore" option?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 19:46 - Apr 17 with 1766 viewsLoyal

They can dip it in flour and fry it in a big pan for all I care.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 19:48 - Apr 17 with 1756 viewsDarran

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 19:41 - Apr 17 by Swanjaxs

Can you add a "don't care anymore" option?

I feel a bit like that too,I've just about gone past caring about everything down there.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 19:52 - Apr 17 with 1744 viewsjack247

The sooner they buy the stadium, the sooner they are likely to ride off into the sunset with big pots of cash. No idea who would come in next, but judging by these guys first season, they would probably be an improvement.
Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 19:53 - Apr 17 with 1740 viewsPokerface

If new owners get hands on stadium.... debt will follow, like night follows day.

Judging by recent recruitment I would not want debt to fund poor signings. Slippery slope to possible oblivion.

Although club have lost alot of fans hearts recently. We can't let it get worse to point of no club.

Doomsday scenario but these things can escalate quickly..dejavu.

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 19:58 - Apr 17 with 1709 viewsmonmouth

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 19:52 - Apr 17 by jack247

The sooner they buy the stadium, the sooner they are likely to ride off into the sunset with big pots of cash. No idea who would come in next, but judging by these guys first season, they would probably be an improvement.

Nope. It's shithouse turtles all the way down

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 19:59 - Apr 17 with 1703 viewsjack247

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 19:53 - Apr 17 by Pokerface

If new owners get hands on stadium.... debt will follow, like night follows day.

Judging by recent recruitment I would not want debt to fund poor signings. Slippery slope to possible oblivion.

Although club have lost alot of fans hearts recently. We can't let it get worse to point of no club.

Doomsday scenario but these things can escalate quickly..dejavu.

It wont get to the point of no club. It's sad it's got to the point it has, but we're not going to go out of business
Login to get fewer ads

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 20:10 - Apr 17 with 1671 viewsbarry_island

No, nay, never, no, nay, never again.

It is owned by the people of Swansea.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 20:43 - Apr 17 with 1590 viewscentrestandswan

Yanks buy stadium , Swans in freefall , Yanks demolish stadium and erect some really profitable retail outlets , council happy income still coming in and no more whining
football fans to contend with.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 20:52 - Apr 17 with 1549 viewsjack2jack

For me it's the least of our worries atm.
Isn't our status in the PL a major factor for the Americans or does it not matter?
Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 21:03 - Apr 17 with 1527 viewsPokerface

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 20:52 - Apr 17 by jack2jack

For me it's the least of our worries atm.
Isn't our status in the PL a major factor for the Americans or does it not matter?

I don't think it matters whether we are in Prem or not.( Prem would obviously be preferred)

Buying the stadium on the relative cheap with no other realistic bidders would be a massive coup for the new owners.

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 21:08 - Apr 17 with 1510 viewsjack2jack

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 21:03 - Apr 17 by Pokerface

I don't think it matters whether we are in Prem or not.( Prem would obviously be preferred)

Buying the stadium on the relative cheap with no other realistic bidders would be a massive coup for the new owners.

Suppose so! Good asset to have!
Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 21:25 - Apr 17 with 1476 viewsPokerface

The stadium, land and location are great for securing debt against unfortunately.

Lets hope it doesn't come to that. But it is always good to prepare for the worst.

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 08:32 - Apr 18 with 1261 viewsNookiejack

If we are relegated I can't see any advantage for the club.

A lot of benefits for the Yanks though.
Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 09:33 - Apr 18 with 1223 viewsMattG

In case it makes a difference, my understanding is that the Club are looking to secure a more beneficial lease on the stadium rather than actually purchasing it outright.
Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 15:00 - Apr 18 with 1072 viewsUxbridge

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 09:33 - Apr 18 by MattG

In case it makes a difference, my understanding is that the Club are looking to secure a more beneficial lease on the stadium rather than actually purchasing it outright.

Indeed. Plus, if the stadium was sold, it'd be to the club not the Americans.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 22:48 - Apr 18 with 928 viewsPokerface

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 15:00 - Apr 18 by Uxbridge

Indeed. Plus, if the stadium was sold, it'd be to the club not the Americans.

How much could the club afford to pay to buy the stadium ? Who are the club ?

West Ham paid 20 million just to adapt their stadium.

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 09:39 - Apr 19 with 799 viewsShaky

Sorry to say I just don't see the big issue here.

The stadium isn't going anywhere, and I'd imagine the likely cost of demolition for the purpose of a hypothetical site redevelopment make such a scheme completely unviable.

On the other hand the sale would raise some money for the council.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 10:00 - Apr 19 with 778 viewsDafyddHuw

Irrespective of what division we're in, I just want to see my team playing attractive, exciting football.

I've really lost interest in what Swansea City Ltd plc are up to.
Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 10:53 - Apr 19 with 751 viewsbuilthjack

Perhaps the Trust should buy the stadium

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 16:38 - Apr 19 with 675 viewsShaky

Would you be happy if Council sell Liberty stadium to our American owners ? on 10:53 - Apr 19 by builthjack

Perhaps the Trust should buy the stadium

So you think it is better for the supporters directly to in effect provide free financing to the American owners, rather than for the council?

Got more resources and better understand the risks, do they?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024