Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis Recall 21:32 - Apr 17 with 4945 viewsjackeinstein

Surely our chairman has left an option in his loan move for a recall Especially someone as astute as Jenkins.
Gomis Recall on 09:51 - Apr 18 with 1036 viewsnantywatcher

Jack 247 You think the French League is weaker than the Premier this season? Wow!!
Gomis Recall on 09:56 - Apr 18 with 1031 viewsjack247

Gomis Recall on 09:51 - Apr 18 by nantywatcher

Jack 247 You think the French League is weaker than the Premier this season? Wow!!

Serious post?
Gomis Recall on 11:29 - Apr 18 with 991 viewsnantywatcher

I think Marseille would murder us, and easily make top 8 here.
Gomis Recall on 11:37 - Apr 18 with 981 viewsjack247

Gomis Recall on 11:29 - Apr 18 by nantywatcher

I think Marseille would murder us, and easily make top 8 here.

Do you think the PL is weaker than Ligue 1?
Gomis Recall on 11:39 - Apr 18 with 979 viewsjasper_T

Ligue 1 is Championship-level outside the top few teams.
Gomis Recall on 11:57 - Apr 18 with 964 viewsnantywatcher

Gomis Recall on 11:37 - Apr 18 by jack247

Do you think the PL is weaker than Ligue 1?

This season I think Premier standard is poorer than it has been for a long time (Watford top ten for heaven's sake!!).There is very little difference overall in my opinion.
Gomis Recall on 12:11 - Apr 18 with 950 viewshammy

Gomis Recall on 11:57 - Apr 18 by nantywatcher

This season I think Premier standard is poorer than it has been for a long time (Watford top ten for heaven's sake!!).There is very little difference overall in my opinion.

Tend to agree with you here; having seen most teams live this season I think the footballing quality of most teams is pretty dire. Even the top 6 are playing in fits and starts, with some truly abysmal football in parts (see Man City's defending, Arsenal's general collapse, etc.). As a general measurement, look how poorly most of the PL teams performed in the European competitions. ManUre are progressing but not playing fantastically and Leicester are getting huge slices of luck (yet again).

The PL being pushed as the "best league in the world" is just extreme media hype by the likes of Sky, TalkShite, etc. It helps to keep them all in a job !

What this says about the Swans though ... we've truly blown it this season :>(

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Gomis Recall on 12:31 - Apr 18 with 930 viewsWhiterockin

Gomis Recall on 11:39 - Apr 18 by jasper_T

Ligue 1 is Championship-level outside the top few teams.

TBH Take out the top 6/7 teams in the Premier League and I don't think there is much between the rest and the top half of the Championship. We may well find out next season.
Login to get fewer ads

Gomis Recall on 12:33 - Apr 18 with 929 viewsjack247

Gomis Recall on 11:57 - Apr 18 by nantywatcher

You've gone from 'you think the French league is inferior to the PL? Wow!' to 'There is very little difference in my opinion' in the space of three posts.

Aside from the top couple of clubs, it's vastly inferior. That's the reason the likes of Gomis and Tabanou thrive out there.
Gomis Recall on 12:35 - Apr 18 with 924 viewsjack247

Gomis Recall on 12:31 - Apr 18 by Whiterockin

TBH Take out the top 6/7 teams in the Premier League and I don't think there is much between the rest and the top half of the Championship. We may well find out next season.

That's a third of the division. Imagine how shit Ligue 1 would be without the best 6/7 teams.
Gomis Recall on 12:38 - Apr 18 with 922 viewsDr_Winston

Still a lot of arrogance around when comparing the PL to other leagues around Europe. Some good sides and players in Ligue There's not a huge gulf in class by any stretch.

As for Bafe, it was always obvious what he was capable of in a side that played to his strengths instead of using him as a targetman, even if some preferred playing the blame game to objectivity. Glad he's doing well at Marseille and wouldn't blame him for a second if he stuck two fingers up to coming back here.

Although being French he probably wouldn't do the two fingers thing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gomis Recall on 12:40 - Apr 18 with 917 viewsWhiterockin

Gomis Recall on 12:35 - Apr 18 by jack247

That's a third of the division. Imagine how shit Ligue 1 would be without the best 6/7 teams.

I don't disagree. I just meant to point out that there is no strength in depth in the Premier League.
Gomis Recall on 12:50 - Apr 18 with 908 viewsjack247

Gomis Recall on 12:38 - Apr 18 by Dr_Winston

Still a lot of arrogance around when comparing the PL to other leagues around Europe. Some good sides and players in Ligue There's not a huge gulf in class by any stretch.

As for Bafe, it was always obvious what he was capable of in a side that played to his strengths instead of using him as a targetman, even if some preferred playing the blame game to objectivity. Glad he's doing well at Marseille and wouldn't blame him for a second if he stuck two fingers up to coming back here.

Although being French he probably wouldn't do the two fingers thing.

We did play to his strengths. Monk effectively built the attack around Gomis running on to quarterback passes from Shelvey and Ayew drifting in from the wing to either drag markers from Gomis or exploit the space Gomis created for him. It worked spectacularly well for 5 or 6 games. It petered out when teams started crowding Shelvey and moving centre backs closer to their fullbacks to double up on Montero.

He struggled in a team creating more chances than the current one. Those early games under Monk aside, we looked most threatening when Guidolin marginalised him in favour of a more fluid attack with Ayew, Paloschi and Siggy interchanging.
Gomis Recall on 12:51 - Apr 18 with 907 viewsjack247

Gomis Recall on 12:40 - Apr 18 by Whiterockin

I don't disagree. I just meant to point out that there is no strength in depth in the Premier League.

There isn't anywhere. You could do the same thing in Spain, Italy or Germany. You probably wouldn't need to take as many as 6 or 7 out.
Gomis Recall on 12:56 - Apr 18 with 904 viewsDr_Winston

Gomis Recall on 12:50 - Apr 18 by jack247

We did play to his strengths. Monk effectively built the attack around Gomis running on to quarterback passes from Shelvey and Ayew drifting in from the wing to either drag markers from Gomis or exploit the space Gomis created for him. It worked spectacularly well for 5 or 6 games. It petered out when teams started crowding Shelvey and moving centre backs closer to their fullbacks to double up on Montero.

He struggled in a team creating more chances than the current one. Those early games under Monk aside, we looked most threatening when Guidolin marginalised him in favour of a more fluid attack with Ayew, Paloschi and Siggy interchanging.

Monk built the attack around Bony. That he lacked the ability to change it back is one of the reasons he failed here.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gomis Recall on 13:01 - Apr 18 with 902 viewsjack247

Gomis Recall on 12:56 - Apr 18 by Dr_Winston

Monk built the attack around Bony. That he lacked the ability to change it back is one of the reasons he failed here.

Bony would have been utterly useless in the setup Monk had us playing at the start of last season. It was built on well timed runs from fairly deep positions. Bony wouldn't have had the pace to do that and would have been wasted starting off so far from goal.
Gomis Recall on 13:18 - Apr 18 with 883 viewsskippyjack

Gomis Recall on 22:00 - Apr 17 by WarwickHunt

"Surely our chairman has left an option in his loan move for a recall Especially someone as astute as Jenkins".

Astute?

The world is f*cking embarrassing.. let's be honest.. i'm practically half brain dead, and could do a better job than soppy bollocks Jenkins.

There's no sperm in the kid is there.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Gomis Recall on 14:39 - Apr 18 with 857 viewsnantywatcher

Gomis Recall on 12:33 - Apr 18 by jack247

You've gone from 'you think the French league is inferior to the PL? Wow!' to 'There is very little difference in my opinion' in the space of three posts.

Aside from the top couple of clubs, it's vastly inferior. That's the reason the likes of Gomis and Tabanou thrive out there.

"You've gone from 'you think the French league is inferior to the PL? Wow!' to 'There is very little difference in my opinion' in the space of three posts"
My stance has not changed; the French league is not "vastly inferior," as someone else has pointed out some of the football this year in this league has been dire, from every team apart from Chelsea and Spurs.
PS - you are one of the few people on this forum whose opinions I respect, but unfortunately not in this instance.
Gomis Recall on 14:45 - Apr 18 with 854 viewsjack247

Gomis Recall on 14:39 - Apr 18 by nantywatcher

"You've gone from 'you think the French league is inferior to the PL? Wow!' to 'There is very little difference in my opinion' in the space of three posts"
My stance has not changed; the French league is not "vastly inferior," as someone else has pointed out some of the football this year in this league has been dire, from every team apart from Chelsea and Spurs.
PS - you are one of the few people on this forum whose opinions I respect, but unfortunately not in this instance.

I'm not disputing the standard of our league has been lower than normal. In all honesty we should have been cut adrift by Christmas.

It's not close to being on a par with the French league though. Hopefully, it never will be.
Gomis Recall on 15:24 - Apr 18 with 845 viewsjasper_T

Gomis Recall on 12:31 - Apr 18 by Whiterockin

The Championship is a good league with a lot of highly paid footballers from all corners of the world.
Gomis Recall on 12:47 - Apr 19 with 772 viewsjasonbromham

He was sh*t before and he's still sh*t now. Ligue 1 is a very slow league and it suits Bafe that's why he's scoring so many goals.
Gomis Recall on 13:19 - Apr 19 with 743 viewswaynekerr55

Gomis Recall on 22:00 - Apr 17 by WarwickHunt

"Surely our chairman has left an option in his loan move for a recall Especially someone as astute as Jenkins".

Astute?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Gomis Recall on 18:44 - Apr 19 with 698 viewsNirvana

Gomis Recall on 12:33 - Apr 18 by jack247

Have to agree with the second paragraph here.

As much talent and quality in France as there is, it is still highly monopolized by the big clubs, and they eventually have to sell their best players to bigger clubs too, often in the PL.

Overall, the PL is vastly overrated but Ligue 1 isn't the best example to demonstrate that. It is still mostly a league centered around promising youth, mediocre Frenchman, and guys who couldn't make it elsewhere in Europe.

The Bundesliga and La Liga are both better leagues than the PL, and Serie A will always be relevant. But the PL does have a slightly larger cluster of clubs fighting for the title, and so it remains the "most entertaining spectacle on the planet" or whatever.
Gomis Recall on 21:20 - Apr 19 with 663 viewsnantywatcher

Gomis Recall on 18:44 - Apr 19 by Nirvana

Have to agree with the second paragraph here.

As much talent and quality in France as there is, it is still highly monopolized by the big clubs, and they eventually have to sell their best players to bigger clubs too, often in the PL.

Overall, the PL is vastly overrated but Ligue 1 isn't the best example to demonstrate that. It is still mostly a league centered around promising youth, mediocre Frenchman, and guys who couldn't make it elsewhere in Europe.

The Bundesliga and La Liga are both better leagues than the PL, and Serie A will always be relevant. But the PL does have a slightly larger cluster of clubs fighting for the title, and so it remains the "most entertaining spectacle on the planet" or whatever.

I repeat: Watford are a Top Ten club - some standard for the French to compete with!!
Gomis Recall on 21:27 - Apr 19 with 653 viewsjack247

Gomis Recall on 21:20 - Apr 19 by nantywatcher

I repeat: Watford are a Top Ten club - some standard for the French to compete with!!

As are Guingamp in France
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024