Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva 21:37 - Apr 17 with 2385 viewsleobhoy

After the Board eventually discovered what everyone knew from the outset that Bradley was totally and utterly out of his depth as a Premier League Manager the next vitally important task was to find a successor. 17 games and 51 points were still up for grabs, relegation was a very serious concern but by no means a certainty at that stage.
Due to the Boards undue delay , Allardyce as of Christmas Eve had gone to Palace and was therefore out of the picture so the process of finding a replacement was undertaken . But what did that process entail ? Did it entail face to face meetings with potential candidates following a short list being drawn up ? Did our American owners take the trouble of travelling to the UK to meet with those candidates ? And upon what criteria was the current Manager installed ?
Or was it all left to the one person namely the Chairman to undertake the processes referred to above ? The point is simply this . Hull
decided a change was needed and went out and got a Manager with at least a track record who took an unfancied , cash stricken second tier side Estoril into the Portuguese Premier league . Within 12 months he was at the helm of one of biggest sides in Portugal namely Sporting Lisbon winning the Portuguese Cup before moving onto Olympiakos and winning the Greek League .
We decide on a guy whom we overlooked three months earlier , whilst appointing the disastrous Bradley. That would suggest the powers that be could not have been overly impressed as ' Brad' got the nod before him !!!!!! Coupled with his abject lack of Managerial experience let alone success and there is little wonder why our position is as desperate as it is . Clement is undoubtedly a quality coach but had then and has now absolutely no credentials as a Manager. In any other business, he would not have been within a million miles of securing a post of this importance given the financial implications of relegation. If you disagree with my summary of events , ask yourself this question . Who would you prefer to be at the helm in the run in . Clement or Silva ?
The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 22:04 - Apr 17 with 2304 viewshammy

Much of a muchness really.

PC seems better equipped to setup a team to defend and especially against the better teams. Silva for all the smoke being blown up his backside is as good a Bob Bradley at performing away from home, having lost his last 5 matches by at least 2 goals. Ok his home form has been very good up to now, but if that starts to go awry then we're going to be in with one hell of a chance of staying up !

Looking forward to Saturday and our first home game for a few games and hopefully we can get a win and put pressure on 'ull.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 22:09 - Apr 17 with 2271 viewsJack_Kass

Why do people create accounts solely to back up their opinions?

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 22:12 - Apr 17 with 2255 viewsmonmouth

The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 22:09 - Apr 17 by Jack_Kass

Why do people create accounts solely to back up their opinions?

I'll have a guess.

To back up their own opinions?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 22:13 - Apr 17 with 2235 viewsJack_Kass

The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 22:12 - Apr 17 by monmouth

I'll have a guess.

To back up their own opinions?

Strange world indeed.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 22:21 - Apr 17 with 2201 viewsmonmouth

The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 22:13 - Apr 17 by Jack_Kass

Strange world indeed.

Nowt as strange as folk mate.

And you'll go a long way to find stranger folk than on here.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 22:41 - Apr 17 with 2126 viewsbuilthjack

The OP sounds very much like that fella who wants rid of Siggy and Llorente

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 22:44 - Apr 17 with 2117 viewsTheKirkyLife

Hull, on paper, have a weaker squad in all departments with the exception of their wingers. I rate Markovic/Grosicki well above anything we have.

So I'd take Silva and Hull's wingers with the remaining parts our team. Should keep us up anyway.
The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 22:52 - Apr 17 with 2084 viewsTheResurrection

It looks like Huw Jenkins lucky streak is about to come to an end. Pray to God we stay up but even then, nothing should be taken away from what is clearly him bottoming out in that department.

Ironic really - as his luck has deserted him his bank balance has rolled right into town with a bang.

I've said for years and years we should be keeping an eye on him. They all did very, very well from SCFC from the minute they walked through the door and that should never have been taken for granted the way it was - by the fans and their sickly fawning and the Trust who failed to see the big fat elephant sat in the Boardroom.

Jenkins' greatest ever move was to appoint Martinez. You'd have to give him credit for that. Not overly from my perspective as I was almost campaigning for Roberto to come back then and that amidst a few notable and famous PS posters who still post today who were totally opposed.

Until Martinez, Jenkins and the Board were just chancing their arm. They'd enjoyed the bounce of the new stadium but had fallen flat on their face with nowhere really to turn. If Martinez had said no back then and stayed playing with Chester there would have been no fairy tale for us, no Premier League or Cup win. Nothing,.

Martinez came sweeping through our club with the newest, freshest and cleanest of brooms and whoosh the rest is history. He changed us forever - sorry, not forever - until Jenkins' ego got so big he thought, for a huge bonus that he decided to award himself, that he could do the job himself - and he appointed Garry the Coward Monk.

That ego got so big I know he's said to a mate of mine that managers are over-rated, it's all about the Club and the people running it. He saw agents as the enemy instead of utilising them proficiently. He tried to do everything on the cheap, including of course making himself Director of Football. This, in his eyes would remove quite a few unnecessary layers of cost.

A cost that ultimately he was keeping an eye on to protect the legacy he was always going to leave himself. From the moment they appointed Martinez and probably before, they saw real personal wealth.

We all know where this led them and ultimately us. Whatever the Trust's failings and there are many, the Board decided to shit on the fans and see themselves right.

It's also turned out that Jenkins isn't in fact this wonderful football guru, he's just a reserve goalkeeper for Britton Ferry cum Roofers Merchant who chanced his arm with a footballing Spaniard in the lower leagues, got lucky but has eventually been found out.

Guidolin was interviewed 6 weeks before he was appointed last season. They decided against him because they thought Curtis could do the job, by job, I mean limp over the line. When that clearly wasn't working they went back to Guidolin and he came up trumps for us. Jenkins, embarrassingly was lauded again by fans and pundits alike for this move. A move made out of desperation in the end, not tactically or thoughtfully as many thought. I mentioned this to the Trust, the fact that Guidolin was interviewed 6 weeks before and they knew nothing about it. Typical eh?

So we trundled into another season. Now with the 60 odd year old manager that they'd dismissed in the December of 2015 only to go back to him again in January. And it was this guy, above anyone else on the world stage we'd be relying on to start the Premier League season of all seasons. The one where the obscene TV money brought the best managers from all over the world to compete against us. Bielsa was no good for us, Sampaoli also, in fact no manager that would have asked to mould the squad in their own style would have been any good for us - sorry, I meant Jenkins.

The only thing important to him was making sure the balance sheet looked healthy for the potential investor they'd been hawking us out to.

He pathetically admitted to making mistakes - I know he's told personal friends he feels responsible and needs to make up for them. Him!!!??

He thought he could just wave that wand and put things right - 3 seasons of going his own way thinking he knew best and once he'd convinced the Americans Bradley was the wrong guy, he'd be able to make amends.

He had a £500k bonus for us staying up when Monk took over. Think about that. That would have had to have been agreed in the Boardroom, along with Cooze who sat in there making decisions. Half a million notes because he convinced everyone that he could do this by himself.

The man's ego went ballistic. I'm pretty sure it's right back down to earth now though, along with his credentials, his stock and the true legacy he will leave the supporters of Swansea City FC.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Login to get fewer ads

The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 23:40 - Apr 17 with 1983 viewsPokerface

The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 22:41 - Apr 17 by builthjack

I agree. There are only a few special posters who write war and peace when a sentence or two would be plenty. Easy to spot.

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 23:50 - Apr 17 with 1970 viewsKilkennyjack

The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 22:44 - Apr 17 by TheKirkyLife

Hull, on paper, have a weaker squad in all departments with the exception of their wingers. I rate Markovic/Grosicki well above anything we have.

So I'd take Silva and Hull's wingers with the remaining parts our team. Should keep us up anyway.

Centre backs and strikers ?

Keep in mind they have played us 3 times this season - and they have won all 3.

Can you do that with just 2 wingers better ? really ?

Beware of the Risen People

The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 00:03 - Apr 18 with 1941 viewsbuilthjack

The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 22:52 - Apr 17 by TheResurrection

It looks like Huw Jenkins lucky streak is about to come to an end. Pray to God we stay up but even then, nothing should be taken away from what is clearly him bottoming out in that department.

Ironic really - as his luck has deserted him his bank balance has rolled right into town with a bang.

I've said for years and years we should be keeping an eye on him. They all did very, very well from SCFC from the minute they walked through the door and that should never have been taken for granted the way it was - by the fans and their sickly fawning and the Trust who failed to see the big fat elephant sat in the Boardroom.

Jenkins' greatest ever move was to appoint Martinez. You'd have to give him credit for that. Not overly from my perspective as I was almost campaigning for Roberto to come back then and that amidst a few notable and famous PS posters who still post today who were totally opposed.

Until Martinez, Jenkins and the Board were just chancing their arm. They'd enjoyed the bounce of the new stadium but had fallen flat on their face with nowhere really to turn. If Martinez had said no back then and stayed playing with Chester there would have been no fairy tale for us, no Premier League or Cup win. Nothing,.

Martinez came sweeping through our club with the newest, freshest and cleanest of brooms and whoosh the rest is history. He changed us forever - sorry, not forever - until Jenkins' ego got so big he thought, for a huge bonus that he decided to award himself, that he could do the job himself - and he appointed Garry the Coward Monk.

That ego got so big I know he's said to a mate of mine that managers are over-rated, it's all about the Club and the people running it. He saw agents as the enemy instead of utilising them proficiently. He tried to do everything on the cheap, including of course making himself Director of Football. This, in his eyes would remove quite a few unnecessary layers of cost.

A cost that ultimately he was keeping an eye on to protect the legacy he was always going to leave himself. From the moment they appointed Martinez and probably before, they saw real personal wealth.

We all know where this led them and ultimately us. Whatever the Trust's failings and there are many, the Board decided to shit on the fans and see themselves right.

It's also turned out that Jenkins isn't in fact this wonderful football guru, he's just a reserve goalkeeper for Britton Ferry cum Roofers Merchant who chanced his arm with a footballing Spaniard in the lower leagues, got lucky but has eventually been found out.

Guidolin was interviewed 6 weeks before he was appointed last season. They decided against him because they thought Curtis could do the job, by job, I mean limp over the line. When that clearly wasn't working they went back to Guidolin and he came up trumps for us. Jenkins, embarrassingly was lauded again by fans and pundits alike for this move. A move made out of desperation in the end, not tactically or thoughtfully as many thought. I mentioned this to the Trust, the fact that Guidolin was interviewed 6 weeks before and they knew nothing about it. Typical eh?

So we trundled into another season. Now with the 60 odd year old manager that they'd dismissed in the December of 2015 only to go back to him again in January. And it was this guy, above anyone else on the world stage we'd be relying on to start the Premier League season of all seasons. The one where the obscene TV money brought the best managers from all over the world to compete against us. Bielsa was no good for us, Sampaoli also, in fact no manager that would have asked to mould the squad in their own style would have been any good for us - sorry, I meant Jenkins.

The only thing important to him was making sure the balance sheet looked healthy for the potential investor they'd been hawking us out to.

He pathetically admitted to making mistakes - I know he's told personal friends he feels responsible and needs to make up for them. Him!!!??

He thought he could just wave that wand and put things right - 3 seasons of going his own way thinking he knew best and once he'd convinced the Americans Bradley was the wrong guy, he'd be able to make amends.

He had a £500k bonus for us staying up when Monk took over. Think about that. That would have had to have been agreed in the Boardroom, along with Cooze who sat in there making decisions. Half a million notes because he convinced everyone that he could do this by himself.

The man's ego went ballistic. I'm pretty sure it's right back down to earth now though, along with his credentials, his stock and the true legacy he will leave the supporters of Swansea City FC.

Long winded, but a decent post

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 06:49 - Apr 18 with 1765 viewsDr_Winston

The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 22:41 - Apr 17 by builthjack

The OP has been bouncing around for years, never making much sense in any incarnation.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 07:00 - Apr 18 with 1749 viewsgrabsplatter

I remember the reaction in the media when Silva was appointed, virtually all negative for not giving a chance to a young British manager. The soccer Saturday 'experts' we're particularly scathing.
The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 08:48 - Apr 18 with 1614 viewswaynekerr55

The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 22:52 - Apr 17 by TheResurrection

We never learn do we? Fingers burnt by a manager(Roberto) yet we (me included) trusted the stinking cūnt to look after the club.

The sooner the truth is out there the better!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 14:49 - Apr 18 with 1369 views34dfgdf54

Belter of a post. I had suspicions of Huw straight after the Laudrup sacking. It just felt like decisions were beings made for personal incentive rather than what was right to take the club forward.

I have said it before, the fanbase in general share some responsibility of what has gone wrong, we stood by and let it happen right under our noses, most were in complete denial regarding Jenkins and his chums, and now it is too late.
The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 14:58 - Apr 18 with 1354 viewsSmellyplumz

The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 14:49 - Apr 18 by 34dfgdf54

Belter of a post. I had suspicions of Huw straight after the Laudrup sacking. It just felt like decisions were beings made for personal incentive rather than what was right to take the club forward.

I have said it before, the fanbase in general share some responsibility of what has gone wrong, we stood by and let it happen right under our noses, most were in complete denial regarding Jenkins and his chums, and now it is too late.

Some still are!

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The difference between staying up or going down Clement v Silva on 18:07 - Apr 18 with 1239 viewsjeza739

Superb post
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024