Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault 06:52 - Apr 18 with 13288 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The only thing that is and will remain more of a heartbreak than seeing relegation, is seeing what has become of this guy, after all he has done. From the start of this, the most important constant is him. Yeah, I get that there may be really good reasons to be upset with him over the vague activities of this nightmare. But the way he has just been fully dismissed as a complete sellout and traitor is an absurd and unfairly tragic ending for a guy who has been mixed up in the center of a whirlwind since 2002.

This situation now is the fault in the new owners, maybe 80% if we're being generous, but who gives a squirt at that point? This is only because of the Bradley hire, and the points lost against bad teams at the end of that short disaster.

Which was just simply NOT Jenkins' decision.

I think Leviathon and the other guy are well meaning. They are less in this for the money than most of douchebags who own teams. But they made one big call, they brought us Bradley, which leaves us with a "other than the point blank shot in the back of your husband's head, how did you enjoy the play, Mrs. Lincoln?" position to judge these &@+ing guys.

So, they fail. And I can't talk, because I loudly thought Brad Bobley would be a great Defensive Coordinator and Linebacker Coach, which leaves me euphoric that I will never be in charge of these kinds of decisions.

Huw Jenkins, after defining his life over the last dozen plus years, probably made some tough calls as a tired guy in a tough political position. He doesn't deserve worship, and he is not beyond reproach, but he deseves the benefit of the doubt over his intentions, most of all from the people who have enjoyed this journey.

I would bet my life that this season is killing him, as much as ANY of you. Pick him up, don't bury him. He has done his best, I believe. I touted Atom Bombley, but I am right this time.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 09:08 - Apr 18 with 1455 viewspencoedjack

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 08:51 - Apr 18 by Darran

I said last week I'll be gutted for people like Tummer who won't see a game if we go down but this is a shocking OP,absolutely dreadful stuff.

There are far more people I feel gutted for than some newbie Jack yank

He can go back to baseball
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 09:14 - Apr 18 with 1454 viewsjeza739

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 07:38 - Apr 18 by Kilkennyjack

I think the following makes me disagree with the OP.

Has gained £8m personally and the Trust were kept out of it
He stays on at our club on £500,000 per year, after selling it
He is not qualified by any measure to be Director of Football at a Premier League side
His transfer policy has got us relegated, simply too many cheap buys
He spent millions in an Academy , too soon, rather than keep us in the Prem first. Huge error of judgement.

He is a busted flush and needs to go tomorrow.

Totally agree
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 09:22 - Apr 18 with 1434 viewsjack247

This is massively Huw Jenkins and his merry little bands fault. They sold us out. There's not much more to it than that.

Levien and Kaplan have to shoulder a lot of the blame for this season. Bradley was nothing more than a vanity project hoping to curry favour back home. I'm not being wise after the event, the vast majority of us were pointing out his abysmal track record from the start. I'm also not buying that they didn't have a massive say in selling two of our most influential players and trying to replace them on the cheap.

They simply should not have control of the club though and that's squarely down to our ex-saviours wanting to line their pockets.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 09:24 - Apr 18 with 1430 viewsMattG

In as much as any one person is to blame for where we are now and where we are headed, that one person is Huw Jenkins. He's been aided and abetted by others but I have no doubt that he led the way.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 09:25 - Apr 18 with 1426 viewsDarran

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 09:08 - Apr 18 by pencoedjack

There are far more people I feel gutted for than some newbie Jack yank

He can go back to baseball

I said 'people like' which meant lots of other people too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 09:28 - Apr 18 with 1418 viewscostalotta

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 09:24 - Apr 18 by MattG

In as much as any one person is to blame for where we are now and where we are headed, that one person is Huw Jenkins. He's been aided and abetted by others but I have no doubt that he led the way.

He most certainly has yes. Both knowingly and unuknowingly and in both scenarios they now know who they are/were.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 09:43 - Apr 18 with 1394 viewsploppy

That was brave Tummer! I have to say I agree with you to some extent. What I would ask people is how would things have been different if Jenkins and co. hadn't sold out? Personally, I don't think it would have been any different (except perhaps for BB). We've been on the slide for a few years and that's largely because HJ didn't want to over commit us financially. Basically, he's a tight ar$e but really, who can blame him after the financial troubles we've had in the past.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 10:04 - Apr 18 with 1365 viewsjeza739

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 09:22 - Apr 18 by jack247

This is massively Huw Jenkins and his merry little bands fault. They sold us out. There's not much more to it than that.

Levien and Kaplan have to shoulder a lot of the blame for this season. Bradley was nothing more than a vanity project hoping to curry favour back home. I'm not being wise after the event, the vast majority of us were pointing out his abysmal track record from the start. I'm also not buying that they didn't have a massive say in selling two of our most influential players and trying to replace them on the cheap.

They simply should not have control of the club though and that's squarely down to our ex-saviours wanting to line their pockets.

Truer words never said. The whole situation makes my blood boil
Login to get fewer ads

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 10:10 - Apr 18 with 1347 viewsBastardFace

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29979755
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 10:12 - Apr 18 with 1337 viewsWarwickHunt

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 10:10 - Apr 18 by BastardFace

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29979755

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

HA HA HA.

CÛNT.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 10:27 - Apr 18 with 1301 viewsScotia

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 09:43 - Apr 18 by ploppy

That was brave Tummer! I have to say I agree with you to some extent. What I would ask people is how would things have been different if Jenkins and co. hadn't sold out? Personally, I don't think it would have been any different (except perhaps for BB). We've been on the slide for a few years and that's largely because HJ didn't want to over commit us financially. Basically, he's a tight ar$e but really, who can blame him after the financial troubles we've had in the past.

Where would we be if we had a DoF football qualified to do the job rather than failed builders merchant?

The new owners and Bob have to take some of the blame, but this farce dates back to Laudrup / Tutumlu going and Jenkins ego trip since then.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 10:30 - Apr 18 with 1294 viewsChief

Don't forget his comments about needing investment to 'go to the next level'. Used as justification for selling out. Well the proof in the pudding, the loan taken out before January. The buyers haven't put a cent into the club yet. This will be emphasised even further when the best assets are sold off and not replaced following relegation

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 10:31 - Apr 18 with 1292 viewsLoyal

Jenkins made money by way of alleged criminal acts in selling the club.
That is his crime.
Nobody argued differently.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 10:33 - Apr 18 with 1284 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Tummer just forgot the Sarc Tags.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 10:33 - Apr 18 with 1284 viewsLoyal

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 07:27 - Apr 18 by Tummer_from_Texas

Damn and I was so sure I was right before you changed my mind.

You are entitled to an opinion.
In many minds it's wrong.
But you are entitled to it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 10:34 - Apr 18 with 1283 viewsdonkonky

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 10:12 - Apr 18 by WarwickHunt

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

HA HA HA.

CÛNT.

And there we have it!! This short statement needs to be highlighted at every possible opportunity!!!! Liar!!!
Reading that has really made me feel such a tw@t for buying into the dream.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 10:40 - Apr 18 with 1269 viewsdobjack2

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 10:12 - Apr 18 by WarwickHunt

HA HA HA.

CÛNT.

Succinctly put
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 10:54 - Apr 18 with 1230 viewsicecoldjack

What would have been different ?

Well, apart from Bradley appointment the fact they would have been concentrating on football matters not concerning the,selves with a good looking balance sheet to attract a sale is a good start !

While they were concerned with selling the business the football side of things fell badly, we all know how iffy they were anyway but throw in the distraction of potential millions they you have a basket case for 18 months .

Concentrated efforts to keep succeeding would have been enough to keep us going, it's not like the club needed major surgery .

The biggest factor for me was signing fer instead of Joe Allen, the only possible reason for not re signing Joe was money, either they couldn't or wouldn't inflate the balance sheet until a sale of players was done, either way it's very telling why we didn't push for Joe and signed a cheap option instead.

The irony of course is that fer and Carroll together cost the same in fees and more overall in wages !! Neither are as good as Joe Allen but it cost us more money in the end, a classic huw fook up.

Joe 10m on say 70k a week

Fer and Carroll combined around 10m

Wages 40k and 30k a week

Total madness .
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 11:03 - Apr 18 with 1218 viewscostalotta

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 10:54 - Apr 18 by icecoldjack

What would have been different ?

Well, apart from Bradley appointment the fact they would have been concentrating on football matters not concerning the,selves with a good looking balance sheet to attract a sale is a good start !

While they were concerned with selling the business the football side of things fell badly, we all know how iffy they were anyway but throw in the distraction of potential millions they you have a basket case for 18 months .

Concentrated efforts to keep succeeding would have been enough to keep us going, it's not like the club needed major surgery .

The biggest factor for me was signing fer instead of Joe Allen, the only possible reason for not re signing Joe was money, either they couldn't or wouldn't inflate the balance sheet until a sale of players was done, either way it's very telling why we didn't push for Joe and signed a cheap option instead.

The irony of course is that fer and Carroll together cost the same in fees and more overall in wages !! Neither are as good as Joe Allen but it cost us more money in the end, a classic huw fook up.

Joe 10m on say 70k a week

Fer and Carroll combined around 10m

Wages 40k and 30k a week

Total madness .

Huw didn't rate Joe enough to pay the money but did rate 15m Baston. That should tell you all you need to know. But there's loads more examples if you need more proof. Not you ice, just adding to what you say.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 11:40 - Apr 18 with 1163 viewsswancity

With all due respect you're talking bollox.

We all know that he's done many good things. But his actions over the past 12+ months, probably two years, have undone all the good that he did. In fact, more than undone it. He's no different to the other greedy coonts that are attracted to football clubs like leeches for personal gain and self gratification. I didn't think I would ever say that about him and the others but it shows what greed can do. Morals just go out of the window. As do friendships, relationships, respect and every other fooking thing.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 11:47 - Apr 18 with 1145 viewsperchrockjack

I'm not and never have been arsed about whom owns .
Where Jenkins has screwed up is to sell us to people with no interest in taking us to the next level

That is what we should be angry about not how much they ve made

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 11:52 - Apr 18 with 1134 viewsploppy

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 11:03 - Apr 18 by costalotta

Huw didn't rate Joe enough to pay the money but did rate 15m Baston. That should tell you all you need to know. But there's loads more examples if you need more proof. Not you ice, just adding to what you say.

I agree with you re JA - not re-signing him was madness. He was a tailor-made successor to Leon. But that's been HJ all along - buying cheap. I don't think last summer's transfer window was worse than any others. N'gog, Vazquez, Shechter, Emnes. Cheap. I just don't think it's in his nature to fork out the money - except for Baston, and I think that was a case of desperation. I'm sure he was distracted by the potential sale but I don't see it would have been any different either way.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 12:00 - Apr 18 with 1119 viewsmonmouth

For me that's not the point at all. If they had been genuine fans and protected the club, and run the club in a competent and co-operative way, I wouldn't really give a long term shit about relegation from the PL circus, although I would be temporarily unhappy.

No, the issue for me is that they sold all our dreams and values for personal gain and spouted sanctimonius bollocks whilst being totally focused on themselves. Jenkins is the lowest of the low.

Here's some more from the man himself in 2014

"This needs to be considered in more detail before any of our supporters can decide if the thought of a new person or people sitting on our current board of directors to offer help and opinions on the future running of our football club is a good move or not."

Well, when do we get to decide Jenkins, you piece of worthless shit? Oh no, you deliberately and scummily excluded any hint of supporters involvement didn't you?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 12:18 - Apr 18 with 1083 viewsSwanjaxs

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 07:24 - Apr 18 by Tummer_from_Texas

Right or wrongsburg, it's a tragic ending for him.

But, what you know, you know, I guess.

No my friend its a result for him, he's made for life.... its a tragic end for the rest of us 🖒

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 12:19 - Apr 18 with 1079 viewslondonlisa2001

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 11:47 - Apr 18 by perchrockjack

I'm not and never have been arsed about whom owns .
Where Jenkins has screwed up is to sell us to people with no interest in taking us to the next level

That is what we should be angry about not how much they ve made

Fair play, this is a post I disagree with as much as the OP.

There were three groups of people that took this club to where it was - the sellouts, the Trust and the people of Swansea. One of those three (the sellouts), made themselves an enormous profit at the DIRECT EXPENSE of the other two groups. The deliberate direct expense.

There is no next level for God's sake. There is no one that the club could have been sold to to get us to a next level that DOES NOT EXIST for a club such as ourselves in anything other than a very, very long term.

The fact they sold to a bunch of idiots is neither here nor there in many ways.

It has nothing to do with wealth, or money that they now have. It's the whole deception that's made morons believe that a next level exists to excuse their underhand, appallingly deceitful behaviour.

God, people are easily taken in, they really are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024