Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault 06:52 - Apr 18 with 13310 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The only thing that is and will remain more of a heartbreak than seeing relegation, is seeing what has become of this guy, after all he has done. From the start of this, the most important constant is him. Yeah, I get that there may be really good reasons to be upset with him over the vague activities of this nightmare. But the way he has just been fully dismissed as a complete sellout and traitor is an absurd and unfairly tragic ending for a guy who has been mixed up in the center of a whirlwind since 2002.

This situation now is the fault in the new owners, maybe 80% if we're being generous, but who gives a squirt at that point? This is only because of the Bradley hire, and the points lost against bad teams at the end of that short disaster.

Which was just simply NOT Jenkins' decision.

I think Leviathon and the other guy are well meaning. They are less in this for the money than most of douchebags who own teams. But they made one big call, they brought us Bradley, which leaves us with a "other than the point blank shot in the back of your husband's head, how did you enjoy the play, Mrs. Lincoln?" position to judge these &@+ing guys.

So, they fail. And I can't talk, because I loudly thought Brad Bobley would be a great Defensive Coordinator and Linebacker Coach, which leaves me euphoric that I will never be in charge of these kinds of decisions.

Huw Jenkins, after defining his life over the last dozen plus years, probably made some tough calls as a tired guy in a tough political position. He doesn't deserve worship, and he is not beyond reproach, but he deseves the benefit of the doubt over his intentions, most of all from the people who have enjoyed this journey.

I would bet my life that this season is killing him, as much as ANY of you. Pick him up, don't bury him. He has done his best, I believe. I touted Atom Bombley, but I am right this time.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 21:32 - Apr 18 with 1644 viewsTummer_from_Texas

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 21:20 - Apr 18 by londonlisa2001

If by that you mean you believe I was rude to you in my post, it wasn't meant as such. It was a statement of fact. You (and I said it was not your fault), cannot possibly have the same feelings about this situation as those who were around when it all happened.

Not because you're American, by the way - Davillin is as capable of commenting on this whole affair as anyone else, as he has supported the club for so long, and 'lived through' the whole takeover, Petty, 9th Floor etc back in the day. It's just that your knowledge (as you've said before) has been shaped or at least influenced by the fiction of JTAK.

Not disputing any of that.

But I've never given anyone reason to think I was ever "laughing at local Swans fans with a few of my countrymen when Bradley was appointed" and "wondering how long it would be before I could all 'laugh at the natives' when he did well." Again, I'm not the type to really give a crap if you have such a low opinion of me, but you couldn't be more wrong.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 21:33]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 21:50 - Apr 18 with 1593 viewslondonlisa2001

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 21:32 - Apr 18 by Tummer_from_Texas

Not disputing any of that.

But I've never given anyone reason to think I was ever "laughing at local Swans fans with a few of my countrymen when Bradley was appointed" and "wondering how long it would be before I could all 'laugh at the natives' when he did well." Again, I'm not the type to really give a crap if you have such a low opinion of me, but you couldn't be more wrong.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 21:33]

I don't have a low opinion of you. I found it annoying when you all had such a low opinion of us that you genuinely believed we were against Bradley because he was American, not because his track record made it so apparent that he would be a train wreck.

And I found it annoying to read social media posts from American supporters about the natives getting annoyed, as though we were a bunch of small minded localist imbeciles.

You were very far from being as bad about it as some of the others by the way.

Anyway, as I said, I wasn't trying to be rude. I was trying to state a fact, and my frustration about the whole situation probably means that comes across as rudeness.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 00:49 - Apr 19 with 1496 viewsNirvana

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 16:56 - Apr 18 by Tummer_from_Texas

First and foremost, the new owners for the Bob Bradley hire.

Without that, we've still had a bad season, but likely without the danger of relegation.

Again, I don't think this means they are terrible guys who want to destroy the club, but that was a massive error, by them and any of us who thought it might be a good hire (ahem).

Jenkins has made mistakes too, no doubt, and there are legitimate reasons to be critical of his recent actions and lack thereof. The outright hate some seem to have for the guy, I think he deserves better. Just my opinion.

While I admire the view offered by the OP for its thoughtfulness I have to respectfully say it's completely off-base of the situation.

Jenkins essentially took sole credit of the Swans success for years, and he made quite the rounds in flaunting that success. The club's turnaround was and is portrayed as his masterstroke but the reality is there were far more individuals involved, and each played an integral role. Individuals can't do sshitt alone, and none of the fans were lucky enough to party with royalty like HJ.  He played his part like many others, and he has actually been rewarded remarkably well for his efforts.

Since getting to the PL the club, under his direction, has chosen to exclusively bargain hunt from the reject bin; a strategy that has increasingly brought diminishing returns, depleting the level of talent within the squad to an unacceptable degree. He is a cheapskate who has deceptively leveraged his failed business "acumen" into being hailed as some sort of genius football mind thanks to being lucky a few times (Martinez, Rodgers, Michu), and he has sacked anyone who steals a bit of his spotlight. That will be his legacy: good for profits and return on investment, bad for the squad and football.

This is not even scratching the surface of the shady dealings with The Americans or the years of BS that precipitated and facilitated the sale ("next level", Jack to a King, etc.). 'The Swansea Way' was championed victoriously and then unceremoniously shunned by the same duplicitous individuals, all in the pursuit of greed. Those shameful "Jacks" then personally and substantially capitalized on that reputation and several, most of all Jenkins, continue to do so even after they made their fortunes.

According to The Americans he will remain for the foreseeable future. It may be that they would be more incompetent than HJ and make even worse decisions, but that shouldn't be his 'get out of jail free' card. His years of service to the club are admirable but he made his "facking" money and now he needs to "fack" off.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 06:25 - Apr 19 with 1442 viewswaynekerr55

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 00:49 - Apr 19 by Nirvana

While I admire the view offered by the OP for its thoughtfulness I have to respectfully say it's completely off-base of the situation.

Jenkins essentially took sole credit of the Swans success for years, and he made quite the rounds in flaunting that success. The club's turnaround was and is portrayed as his masterstroke but the reality is there were far more individuals involved, and each played an integral role. Individuals can't do sshitt alone, and none of the fans were lucky enough to party with royalty like HJ.  He played his part like many others, and he has actually been rewarded remarkably well for his efforts.

Since getting to the PL the club, under his direction, has chosen to exclusively bargain hunt from the reject bin; a strategy that has increasingly brought diminishing returns, depleting the level of talent within the squad to an unacceptable degree. He is a cheapskate who has deceptively leveraged his failed business "acumen" into being hailed as some sort of genius football mind thanks to being lucky a few times (Martinez, Rodgers, Michu), and he has sacked anyone who steals a bit of his spotlight. That will be his legacy: good for profits and return on investment, bad for the squad and football.

This is not even scratching the surface of the shady dealings with The Americans or the years of BS that precipitated and facilitated the sale ("next level", Jack to a King, etc.). 'The Swansea Way' was championed victoriously and then unceremoniously shunned by the same duplicitous individuals, all in the pursuit of greed. Those shameful "Jacks" then personally and substantially capitalized on that reputation and several, most of all Jenkins, continue to do so even after they made their fortunes.

According to The Americans he will remain for the foreseeable future. It may be that they would be more incompetent than HJ and make even worse decisions, but that shouldn't be his 'get out of jail free' card. His years of service to the club are admirable but he made his "facking" money and now he needs to "fack" off.

Bravo sir...Great post 👍👍👍

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 07:46 - Apr 19 with 1408 viewsNeath_Jack

Oh look, Dav is back again.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 18:09 - Apr 19 with 1286 viewsNirvana

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 06:25 - Apr 19 by waynekerr55

Bravo sir...Great post 👍👍👍

Thanks Wayne
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 18:15 - Apr 19 with 1279 viewsNirvana

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 07:46 - Apr 19 by Neath_Jack

Oh look, Dav is back again.

Get a grip, man.

The level of paranoia from you and a few others on here is quite maddening. As I've said many times before, I'm not Dav or Dimi or whoever it is you're afraid of.

Just like you I'm a guy with an opinion on the Swans. If you have something of substance to say, say it. Otherwise, ffukk off back to Neath.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 18:55 - Apr 19 with 1240 viewsmorningstar

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 18:15 - Apr 19 by Nirvana

Get a grip, man.

The level of paranoia from you and a few others on here is quite maddening. As I've said many times before, I'm not Dav or Dimi or whoever it is you're afraid of.

Just like you I'm a guy with an opinion on the Swans. If you have something of substance to say, say it. Otherwise, ffukk off back to Neath.

Just do one Dave ye?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Login to get fewer ads

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 18:58 - Apr 19 with 1236 viewsSwanjaxs

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 18:55 - Apr 19 by morningstar

Just do one Dave ye?

Or is it Dai?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 19:00 - Apr 19 with 1229 viewsmorningstar

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 18:58 - Apr 19 by Swanjaxs

Or is it Dai?

It can't be Dai surely? I thought he was dead!

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 19:04 - Apr 19 with 1211 viewsSwanjaxs

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 19:00 - Apr 19 by morningstar

It can't be Dai surely? I thought he was dead!

Nah your thinking of Dai the Spi from "the other site" 😉

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 19:09 - Apr 19 with 1193 viewsmorningstar

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 19:04 - Apr 19 by Swanjaxs

Nah your thinking of Dai the Spi from "the other site" 😉

OMG! You're not saying....no it can't be surely! .....Is it Dai the shit?

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 19:11 - Apr 19 with 1184 viewsSwanjaxs

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 19:09 - Apr 19 by morningstar

OMG! You're not saying....no it can't be surely! .....Is it Dai the shit?

The one and only 💩👍

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 19:12 - Apr 19 with 1180 viewsNirvana

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 18:55 - Apr 19 by morningstar

Just do one Dave ye?

No idea what that meant but I see a few can't read too well.

Again, not a recurring character here under a new guise. Take your obsession elsewhere.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 19:14 - Apr 19 with 1179 viewsmorningstar

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 19:12 - Apr 19 by Nirvana

No idea what that meant but I see a few can't read too well.

Again, not a recurring character here under a new guise. Take your obsession elsewhere.

I see, a hell of a sense of humour to go with your 'new guise' i see!

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 19:16 - Apr 19 with 1157 viewsNirvana

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 19:14 - Apr 19 by morningstar

I see, a hell of a sense of humour to go with your 'new guise' i see!

Thanks for noticing.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 19:21 - Apr 19 with 1142 viewsmorningstar

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 19:16 - Apr 19 by Nirvana

Thanks for noticing.

This was funny wasn't it.

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 23:00 - Apr 19 with 1057 viewsskacrazy

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 07:53 - Apr 18 by Tummer_from_Texas

Yeah, clearly not being a real fan is why I'm at least open to the possibility that the guy who has worked his ass off for this club didn't suddenly turn into a piece of crap. Authentic random would have helped me with that, surely.

The sellouts did become c4nts overnight. No-one begrudged them making money but the whole point is that their actions have taken away the future stability and security of the club and that is unforgivable.

We were all in it together and as a true fan of Swansea city I can't fathom what they were thinking. Their decision was based purely on greed. If they were true fans motivated by the love of the club they would never have contemplated screwing over the Trust.

Personally, I have no sympathy for Jenkins and his merry men. I am really f4cking sick of all the negativity this has caused and want the c4nts to do the right thing and f4ck off out of the club sooner rather than later.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 23:05 - Apr 19 with 1051 viewsperchrockjack

I' like nirvana

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 23:32 - Apr 19 with 1041 viewsPokerface

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 23:00 - Apr 19 by skacrazy

The sellouts did become c4nts overnight. No-one begrudged them making money but the whole point is that their actions have taken away the future stability and security of the club and that is unforgivable.

We were all in it together and as a true fan of Swansea city I can't fathom what they were thinking. Their decision was based purely on greed. If they were true fans motivated by the love of the club they would never have contemplated screwing over the Trust.

Personally, I have no sympathy for Jenkins and his merry men. I am really f4cking sick of all the negativity this has caused and want the c4nts to do the right thing and f4ck off out of the club sooner rather than later.

Huw and the board eat out weekly in the city.. with family, friends etc. No-one says a word.

Ranting on here is a waste of time.

I am as guilty as everyone else.

They are multi millionaires. Swans are in the shit.

They win . Fans lost.

Deep down... we have accepted it.

The Trust can't speak up... understandably embarrassed by what they let happen on their watch.

Shit happens.. live with it.

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 23:44 - Apr 19 with 1032 viewsperchrockjack

Lisa

You seem to get upset easily

First me, now tum mer

It's only opinion girl

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 23:45 - Apr 19 with 1035 viewsskacrazy

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 23:05 - Apr 19 by perchrockjack

I' like nirvana

Usually where I would be on a Wednesday free of thoughts of SCFC. Not an easy state to be in when you log on and come across a thread like this.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 23:47 - Apr 19 with 1025 viewsperchrockjack

But loved Ska

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 09:25 - Apr 20 with 919 viewsSmellyplumz

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 23:32 - Apr 19 by Pokerface

Huw and the board eat out weekly in the city.. with family, friends etc. No-one says a word.

Ranting on here is a waste of time.

I am as guilty as everyone else.

They are multi millionaires. Swans are in the shit.

They win . Fans lost.

Deep down... we have accepted it.

The Trust can't speak up... understandably embarrassed by what they let happen on their watch.

Shit happens.. live with it.

Where in Swansea do they eat out then?

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 09:49 - Apr 20 with 892 viewsSgorioFruit

good postings

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024