Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election 10:43 - Apr 18 with 36451 viewsCountyJim

About to be called if rumours are to be believed
General Election on 10:43 - May 4 with 1392 viewsKerouac

I've found it Tramp!

5 THINGS PLAID CYMRU WOULD CHANGE IN SWANSEA IF THEY WON POWER IN COUNCIL ELECTION

1. TIDAL LAGOON

Plaid Cymru will fight tirelessly to ensure the Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon goes ahead.

The project will benefit the environment as well as the local economy.

Constant delays to the project from the Tories have shown that they cannot be trusted to put Swansea's best interests first.

- This is a private scheme that was encouraged and got going during the Coalition government, under a Lib Dem council.
The delays are due to;
i) agreeing a strike price (how much government should subsidise it and how much risk the government should be exposed to.
ii) local politics around potential damage to the environment.

This project will go ahead anyway as the Tories at Westminster are behind it as are the Welsh Assembly.
Pathetic from Plaid.

2. PROTECT GREENFIELD SITES

We would concentrate any new house building on brownfield sites. The current Labour Local Development Plan will change many communities against their wishes.

Over the past few years, we have seen that the Labour Party is happy to build on greenfield sites, with Parc y Werin (Gorseinon) being a prime example.

Plaid Cymru will protect our greenfield sites and our local communities.

- this is a policy which protects the interests of the middle class. Believe me, I have 1st hand experience of this. People who have spent a lot of money on a house in a rural area with a nice view of countryside do not want new developments spoiling their view and their peace.

3. BETTER ROADS

We will prioritise road improvements. Swansea’s roads are in a dire state.

The patchwork surfaces and endless potholes are a source of embarrassment for the city. We will invest in roads to save on long-term costs of repairs and compensation to drivers whose cars are damaged.

- this is like promising to pick litter up....umm, yeahhh. Has f*ck all to do with prosperity.

4. FOCUS ON OLDER PEOPLE’S WELLBEING

The Party of Wales will focus on the needs of Swansea’s older residents.

For too long, our elderly people have been forgotten by the council.

The services older people rely on are under strain, be they social hubs or bus services. As a result, people's wellbeing is suffering and loneliness has become endemic.

Plaid Cymru will fight to put this right.

- A lot of hot air and nothing to do with prosperity.

5. ENJOY OUR PUBLIC SPACES

Our city centre should be a source of pride to us all.

That’s why Plaid Cymru will concentrate on getting the regeneration right.

The Labour-controlled council has been guilty of gross mismanagement when it comes to our assets.

- Another load of hot air which does nothing to address the real problems of Swansea and PROMOTE PROSPERITY.

So Tramp, I call bullshit.
[Post edited 4 May 2017 10:45]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

General Election on 10:50 - May 4 with 1377 viewsKerouac

Compare to the Lib Dems...

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/five-things-lib-dems-would-12932929

General Election on 11:45 - May 4 with 1355 viewsShaky

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

General Election on 20:40 - May 4 with 1284 viewsKilkennyjack

General Election on 10:43 - May 4 by Kerouac

I've found it Tramp!

5 THINGS PLAID CYMRU WOULD CHANGE IN SWANSEA IF THEY WON POWER IN COUNCIL ELECTION

1. TIDAL LAGOON

Plaid Cymru will fight tirelessly to ensure the Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon goes ahead.

Constant delays to the project from the Tories have shown that they cannot be trusted to put Swansea's best interests first.

- This is a private scheme that was encouraged and got going during the Coalition government, under a Lib Dem council.
The delays are due to;
i) agreeing a strike price (how much government should subsidise it and how much risk the government should be exposed to.

This project will go ahead anyway as the Tories at Westminster are behind it as are the Welsh Assembly.
Pathetic from Plaid.

We would concentrate any new house building on brownfield sites. The current Labour Local Development Plan will change many communities against their wishes.

Over the past few years, we have seen that the Labour Party is happy to build on greenfield sites, with Parc y Werin (Gorseinon) being a prime example.

- this is a policy which protects the interests of the middle class. Believe me, I have 1st hand experience of this. People who have spent a lot of money on a house in a rural area with a nice view of countryside do not want new developments spoiling their view and their peace.

3. BETTER ROADS

The patchwork surfaces and endless potholes are a source of embarrassment for the city. We will invest in roads to save on long-term costs of repairs and compensation to drivers whose cars are damaged.

- this is like promising to pick litter up....umm, yeahhh. Has f*ck all to do with prosperity.

The services older people rely on are under strain, be they social hubs or bus services. As a result, people's wellbeing is suffering and loneliness has become endemic.

The Labour-controlled council has been guilty of gross mismanagement when it comes to our assets.

- Another load of hot air which does nothing to address the real problems of Swansea and PROMOTE PROSPERITY.

I guess you were expecting promises about peace in the middle east, the reversal of global warming and the first female Pope to promote gender equality.

I can understand how disappointed you must feel.

Beware of the Risen People

General Election on 20:42 - May 4 with 1282 viewsJack_Meoff

General Election on 10:43 - May 4 by Kerouac

I've found it Tramp!

1. TIDAL LAGOON

The delays are due to;

Pathetic from Plaid.

3. BETTER ROADS

Init. F*ck old people eh Kez.

Plaid's Pledge Number 4 is much like the Lib Dem's Number 5 isn't it?
[Post edited 4 May 2017 20:47]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

General Election on 20:46 - May 4 with 1276 viewsKerouac

General Election on 20:42 - May 4 by Jack_Meoff

Init. F*ck old people eh Kez.

Plaid's Pledge Number 4 is much like the Lib Dem's Number 5 isn't it?
[Post edited 4 May 2017 20:47]

No, it's just that there is nothing in there about what they would DO differently.
Just a lot of sentiment that everybody in every party would agree with.

As I said, "hot air".

General Election on 20:49 - May 4 with 1272 viewsexiledclaseboy

Economic forecast soothe our dereliction
Words of euthanasia, apathy of sick routine
Carried away with useless advertising dreams
Blinding children, life as autonotomes

NatWest, NatWest-Barclays-Midlands-Lloyds
Blackhorse apocalypse
Death sanitised through credit
Blackhorse apocalypse

Barclays iron eagle, "33 injection"
Sold to advertisers, computer execution line
They give and take away, repossess and crucify
The more you own the more you are, lonelier with cheap desire

Blackhorse apocalypse
Blackhorse apocalypse

Prosperity - exports for Pol Pot
Prosperity - Mein Kampf for beginners

Blackhorse apocalypse
Blackhorse apocalypse

Poll: Tory leader

General Election on 21:20 - May 4 with 1235 viewsperchrockjack

Think these " ordinary" people were the same ones Jez and Di go on and on about....ordinary/working families ...

It's why both parties should be held in contempt

In fact make that three as Lim Dems love a good working class line

Give me the sick bag

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

General Election (n/t) on 21:56 - May 4 with 1212 viewsexiledclaseboy

General Election on 21:20 - May 4 by perchrockjack

Think these " ordinary" people were the same ones Jez and Di go on and on about....ordinary/working families ...

It's why both parties should be held in contempt

In fact make that three as Lim Dems love a good working class line

Give me the sick bag

[Post edited 4 May 2017 21:59]

Poll: Tory leader

General Election (n/t) on 08:59 - May 5 with 1110 viewswaynekerr55

General Election (n/t) on 21:56 - May 4 by exiledclaseboy

[Post edited 4 May 2017 21:59]

Couldn't agree more Clasey...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

General Election on 09:10 - May 5 with 1100 viewsperchrockjack

What he say. Just saw dots

Still,I agree

Anyway, plaid must have lost votes last night after that cringing show on QT

She s forever sounding more like Nessa but without the humour

General Election on 09:16 - May 5 with 1097 viewsjohnlangy

General Election on 09:42 - May 4 by Kerouac

Had a quick scout around on the internet to see what you will be voting for if you vote Plaid Cymru in the Swansea Council elections...

1) “Swansea has a proud cultural heritage” said Killay North candidate Rhydian Fitter. “Plaid Cymru in council will get behind the new Swansea bid for the title of City of Culture and will make promoting the arts locally a priority.

“Swansea’s history is steeped in cultural greats, and while we should be celebrating this we shouldn’t consign it to history. Plaid Cymru will work with local schools and organisations to ensure that our city and county continues to punch above its weight when it comes to the arts.”

2) Plaid Cymru's Dr Dai Lloyd has come out in support of a plan to ensure every community has access to a safe cycling route to the centre of Swansea.

Dr Lloyd, Assembly Member for South-west Wales, said he fully backs a call by the Wheelwrights group who are seeking the support of all parties to encourage safe cycling.

"Encouraging people to take to their bikes can make a strong positive impact for public health", said Dr Lloyd.

"Swansea already has a great cycle path stretching along the whole of Swansea Bay and beyond, and we need to link this up with every community in the city."

3) An appeal to ensure the recycling of Christmas packaging has been made by senior Welsh Assembly Member Dr Dai Lloyd.

This week households everywhere will be having to get rid of large quantities of packaging material - and I would like to see Wales leading the way in ensuring it is all recycled wherever possible, said Dr Lloyd, a Plaid Cymru South-west Wales AM.

"One major concern is the volume of polystyrene packaging which ends up in landfill, or worse is disposed of carelessly", he said.

"Polystyrene can break up into miniscule fragments that attract toxins - a cause of increasing concern in the environment and increasingly damaging for marine life.

"I am pleased that Swansea Council for example has recently reintroduced recycling of polystyrene at its Clyne household waste recycling centre at Derwen Fawr Road, Sketty after an inexplicable two-year gap.

"It is now possible to take polystyrene waste to the Clyne centre, Garngoch, Tir John and Penlan as well as Llansamlet instead of dumping it in black bags, and I would urge all who can do so to take advantage of this facility.

"I see no reason why all other Welsh councils can't follow suit.

"Recycled polystyrene can be put to all sorts of good uses, such as garden furniture, roof tiles, building materials, coat hangers and CD cases."

...more to come (so far absolutely f-u-c-k all about "encouraging prosperity")

Local issues for local elections. Seems fine to me.

Let's see what National issues are addressed for the General Election.
General Election on 09:39 - May 5 with 1075 viewsperchrockjack

Makes no difference in Swansea . labour wins ,no matter what

General Election on 09:48 - May 5 with 1062 viewsKerouac

General Election on 09:16 - May 5 by johnlangy

Local issues for local elections. Seems fine to me.

Let's see what National issues are addressed for the General Election.

Trampie claimed Plaid's priority was prosperity...none of those policies concern prosperity.

Top of the Lib Dems pledges was doing something about parking in the City Centre, why?
Because it would be good for business.
No. 2 on the list concerned education...the key to creating higher value jobs in South Wales.

Plaid's priority is independence and the promotion of the Welsh language/culture....and being anti-Toreee.
Tedious.

General Election on 09:53 - May 5 with 1053 viewsperchrockjack

Morning K

Great posting, not that I agree with you

I d love to lock horns sometime but I'm waiting for an authoritive definition for both ordinary and working people.

This seems to upset some on here

Just as I didn't mention the disgusting ,old platitude of "working class" which just guarantees a politician s next utterances are lies

Clearly Wales is a political anachronism

General Election on 09:55 - May 5 with 1052 viewsJack_Meoff

General Election on 09:53 - May 5 by perchrockjack

Morning K

Great posting, not that I agree with you

I d love to lock horns sometime but I'm waiting for an authoritive definition for both ordinary and working people.

This seems to upset some on here

Just as I didn't mention the disgusting ,old platitude of "working class" which just guarantees a politician s next utterances are lies

Clearly Wales is a political anachronism

Your asking for a definition perch is just as tiresome as the bought and paid for politicians who spout such bollocks.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

General Election on 10:01 - May 5 with 1043 viewsperchrockjack

Maybe to you ,but it's never questioned is it ,by anyone

It's inherently wrong

It is of course impossible to define which makes the use of such phrases utterly reprehensible

Labour are for the working class so it d be nice to know who qualifies to vote for them

In Wales Conservatives are seen as vermin

I could have really go on and caused chaos for suggesting " middle classes" is another term to drown at birth

General Election on 10:06 - May 5 with 1038 viewsJack_Meoff

General Election on 10:01 - May 5 by perchrockjack

It's inherently wrong

It is of course impossible to define which makes the use of such phrases utterly reprehensible

Labour are for the working class so it d be nice to know who qualifies to vote for them

I could have really go on and caused chaos for suggesting " middle classes" is another term to drown at birth

Fair enough perch, guess that was your point in the first place.

Divide and conquer has gone on for millennia. There's literally nothing new under the sun. Left /right red/blue, Labour/Tory, Democrat/Republican, give the proles something to argue about, coupled with the illusion of choice, and the game of theft will continue unabated ad infinitum.
[Post edited 5 May 2017 10:15]

General Election on 10:17 - May 5 with 1029 viewsKerouac

General Election on 10:01 - May 5 by perchrockjack

It's inherently wrong

I like this definition...

The Middle Class
To be middle class means enjoying sufficient material security to be able to credibly plan for the future. That definition is particularly important in the developing world, where economists increasingly identify a middle-class household as one with enough income to survive such shocks as a spell of unemployment, a health emergency, or even the bankruptcy of a small business without a major or permanent decline in its living standard. Middle-class citizens deal with plenty of economic anxiety and stress, but they don’t worry about being able to pay next month’s rent, car loan installment, or credit card bill.

General Election on 10:29 - May 5 with 1013 viewsJack_Meoff

Saw this on social media last night, thought it was a very interesting watch, particularly in retrospect.

Relevant today?

The UK government, I've said for years, do not work in the interests of the UK populace. It's that simple. Our 'politicians' are bought and paid for. Entirely.

*For clarity - there's a difference between anti Zionist and being anti semitic.*

General Election on 10:43 - May 5 with 989 viewswaynekerr55

General Election on 10:29 - May 5 by Jack_Meoff

Saw this on social media last night, thought it was a very interesting watch, particularly in retrospect.

Relevant today?

The UK government, I've said for years, do not work in the interests of the UK populace. It's that simple. Our 'politicians' are bought and paid for. Entirely.

*For clarity - there's a difference between anti Zionist and being anti semitic.*

Hoy VEY!

General Election on 13:09 - May 5 with 937 viewsJack_Meoff

General Election on 10:43 - May 5 by waynekerr55

Hoy VEY!

I'm trying to be serious wayne mun!

General Election on 13:38 - May 5 with 915 viewswaynekerr55

General Election on 13:09 - May 5 by Jack_Meoff

I'm trying to be serious wayne mun!

Of course yopu afre, yer damn schmuck

General Election on 12:15 - May 6 with 806 viewsrock1n

The tidal lagoon project is symptomatic of the realities of politics and left/right politics more especially.

As alluded to the project has been pushed forward by parties of the centre and right and because they've had the audacity to try and get a good deal for the taxpayer the Nationalists can say they don't care about Wales.

I sincerely hope it goes ahead, but I totally understand we have to make sure it is a good deal. It reminds of the steel crisis where Leanne was playing the populist Nationalisation card which would now see the UK Gov liable but as it is a deal has been struck, all this was due to months and months of hard work behind the scenes. But the media attention is on Leanne and Carwyn with their lovely 'save our steel' badges.
[Post edited 6 May 2017 12:16]

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

General Election on 13:51 - May 6 with 774 viewsperchrockjack

Also seems UKIP losing votes to Conservatives

UKIP voters seem happy to let Trese negotiate ,rather than Jez

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024