Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
May "June General Election" 11:09 - Apr 18 with 3323 viewsWxmJax

July you say. I no lie, May say June.
Adiós Labour.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

May "June General Election" on 22:01 - Apr 18 with 733 viewsblueytheblue

May "June General Election" on 21:54 - Apr 18 by exiledclaseboy

I don't really care either way to be honest. The outcome of this election is a forgone conclusion abd no amount of debates will change it. . Except to say that if May had been in favour and Corbyn refusing your own position would be entirely reversed.

Not at all.

I dislike TV debates immensely. You learn nothing new from them whatsoever other than most like to talk over each other ad nauseum.

Now someone like Paxman grilling each leader individually... sure.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

May "June General Election" on 22:07 - Apr 18 with 727 viewsEdmundo

May "June General Election" on 17:07 - Apr 18 by Ebo

Lie after lie with her Perch. She is pure evil. Corbyn has ruined her a few times at PMQT's if you care to watch, no wonder she does not want televised debates before the election as she is finding it hard to cover her lies.

I watch PMQs every We'd and think overall the consensus of opinion from labour voters and viewers that May had managed to rebuff all his 'read e-mails' and missed many opportunities to challenge the government. Labour need a seriously clever and popular leader to stand a chance.....Oh and some decent policies that will be popular with the populace.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

May "June General Election" on 22:11 - Apr 18 with 723 viewsKerouac

May "June General Election" on 21:44 - Apr 18 by blueytheblue

Except those televised debates are a farce. Nowhere near long enough to really go over things in minute detail so all you get is highly over prepared soundbites.

TV companies don't want a debate. They want the snarling nastiness, they want controversial comments. They wanted to see clashes, would love UKIP / Tories / Labour tearing lumps out of each other.

Take C4 news today - Farron's religious based views on homosexuality came up. Would C4 do the same to Muslim MPs who voted against same sex marriage for example? Of course not... C4 just want the big headline. Anything Tim "as popular as a cold mouldy fish finger" Farron said on topic will be ignored, C4 just wanted him painted as homophobic - an issue the majority won't be interested in.

TV debates reward style over substance.

Now, would some people like to see the debates? Sure - we've a borderline ADHD society these days hence the emergence of soundbite politics. Problem is, too many would judge only on said debates, rationale people would just consider them one part of the choice.

"Take C4 news today - Farron's religious based views on homosexuality came up. Would C4 do the same to Muslim MPs who voted against same sex marriage for example? Of course not... C4 just want the big headline. Anything Tim "as popular as a cold mouldy fish finger" Farron said on topic will be ignored, C4 just wanted him painted as homophobic - an issue the majority won't be interested in."

- I was going to make the exact same point to Lisa on another thread but didn't because I couldn't be arsed with another multi-pager on Islam again.
It is double standards isn't it?

(....and yes, I don't like that he is religious, and it was one of the factors that led me to vote for Norman instead, and yes I find his style irritating and see him as somebody who might turn voters off etc.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

May "June General Election" on 22:47 - Apr 18 with 695 viewsEbo

May "June General Election" on 22:07 - Apr 18 by Edmundo

I watch PMQs every We'd and think overall the consensus of opinion from labour voters and viewers that May had managed to rebuff all his 'read e-mails' and missed many opportunities to challenge the government. Labour need a seriously clever and popular leader to stand a chance.....Oh and some decent policies that will be popular with the populace.

Jeremy does have decent policies, trouble is the electorate are too thick and too brainwashed by Murdoch and populism to even notice.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

May "June General Election" on 06:49 - Apr 19 with 659 viewsjack247

May "June General Election" on 21:05 - Apr 18 by exiledclaseboy

Possibly. But a televised debate may help some people decide who they feel would be best at running the country.

Which is kind of my point. A bit like signing players based on who can do the best freestyle keepy up routine. Maybe that's what Jenkins does.
May "June General Election" on 07:56 - Apr 19 with 630 viewsraynor94

May "June General Election" on 22:47 - Apr 18 by Ebo

Jeremy does have decent policies, trouble is the electorate are too thick and too brainwashed by Murdoch and populism to even notice.

So why don't a majority of Labour MP's think Corbyn has decent policies? one told him after yesterday's meeting there was still time for him to stand down

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

May "June General Election" on 13:39 - Apr 19 with 597 viewsEbo

May "June General Election" on 07:56 - Apr 19 by raynor94

So why don't a majority of Labour MP's think Corbyn has decent policies? one told him after yesterday's meeting there was still time for him to stand down

The majority of Labour members do though Rayn. it's the backstabbers who are holding back the Labour party not Jeremy Corbyn. He's had enough character assassinations to last a lifetime yet he is still here - why is that then if 'he is so weak'.

May "June General Election" on 14:07 - Apr 19 with 584 viewsLohengrin

May "June General Election" on 13:39 - Apr 19 by Ebo

The majority of Labour members do though Rayn. it's the backstabbers who are holding back the Labour party not Jeremy Corbyn. He's had enough character assassinations to last a lifetime yet he is still here - why is that then if 'he is so weak'.

Marvellous chap he is, Ebo. Personally I hope he remains Labour leader for life.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

May "June General Election" on 14:13 - Apr 19 with 572 viewsperchrockjack

Evil ...how John

If you think she is ,then you ve had a sheltered life

Most of the evil ponds Ive met in my life have been outstandingly evil

Trese is evil because you are a lefty ,which is fine ., but evil she is not.

Jeez ,even abbot isn't evil

Adams mcguiness were

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

May on 15:10 - Apr 19 with 558 viewsWarwickHunt

He's strong within the Labour Party.

However, that means the square root of fûck all in the real world.

The "backstabbers" are just biding their time, they don't need to do anything to fûck Corbyn up. He's doing a grand job of that himself, ably abetted by McDonnell, Thornbury and Abbott.

Labour are currently 21% behind the Tories. The last time that happened was...

... go on, have a guess!

Here's a clue

May on 15:15 - Apr 19 with 550 viewsblueytheblue

May on 15:10 - Apr 19 by WarwickHunt

He's strong within the Labour Party.

However, that means the square root of fûck all in the real world.

The "backstabbers" are just biding their time, they don't need to do anything to fûck Corbyn up. He's doing a grand job of that himself, ably abetted by McDonnell, Thornbury and Abbott.

Labour are currently 21% behind the Tories. The last time that happened was...

... go on, have a guess!

Here's a clue

Foot had a far greater intellect than Corbyn, that's for sure.

I liked Foot on a personal level, seemed a decent man. Leader? Never. Sadly history will note him for 1983.

Somewhat ironically, Foot was leading a party riddled with militant infiltrators, the kind of people who these days champion Corbyn.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

May on 15:31 - Apr 19 with 531 viewsWarwickHunt

May on 15:15 - Apr 19 by blueytheblue

Foot had a far greater intellect than Corbyn, that's for sure.

I liked Foot on a personal level, seemed a decent man. Leader? Never. Sadly history will note him for 1983.

Somewhat ironically, Foot was leading a party riddled with militant infiltrators, the kind of people who these days champion Corbyn.

Undoubtedly one of the greatest intellects but, as you say, never a leader.
May on 15:37 - Apr 19 with 518 viewsLohengrin

May on 15:31 - Apr 19 by WarwickHunt

Undoubtedly one of the greatest intellects but, as you say, never a leader.

My old pen pal from my school days.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

May "June General Election" on 15:38 - Apr 19 with 513 viewsEbo

Hark at the 'experts'.

May "June General Election" on 15:43 - Apr 19 with 507 viewsPrivate_Partz

Yep I agree with this. As soon any of them are challenged about what they disagree with in relation to current Labour Party polices they go very quiet. They just don't want to support the man, regardless of his huge support in the membership.
This in turn leads on to the character assignations via the media as they would rather pursue this line than report on the actual policies of the Party and debate those.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

May "June General Election" on 15:44 - Apr 19 with 506 viewsEbo

May "June General Election" on 15:43 - Apr 19 by Private_Partz

Yep I agree with this. As soon any of them are challenged about what they disagree with in relation to current Labour Party polices they go very quiet. They just don't want to support the man, regardless of his huge support in the membership.
This in turn leads on to the character assignations via the media as they would rather pursue this line than report on the actual policies of the Party and debate those.

Put it one way, if that was Theresa the Appease she would be long gone.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024