Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. 17:38 - Apr 18 with 4957 viewssiralan

Geraint Davies. :-) (auto spell)

I wonder how he is going to explain to his constituents when knocking on their doors why he ignored their democratically voted for wishes and voted against Invoking article 50.

Not that it will matter much but I bet he did not expect to have to explain himself so quickly.

When he does win he will obviously accept the result unlike when Brexit won last June.

Democracy only counts with these people if it goes their way.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 17:40]
Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 17:40 - Apr 18 with 3741 viewsDarran

Ha good one and you can expect marches and protests when May wins too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 17:42 - Apr 18 with 3736 viewssiralan

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 17:40 - Apr 18 by Darran

Ha good one and you can expect marches and protests when May wins too.

I would not put it past them.
Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 17:43 - Apr 18 with 3735 viewsPrivate_Partz

He will explain to his local members and constituents. If they don't like his reasons they will boot him out.
I prefer a representative tha votes for what they believe in rather than just go with the flow.
Jut like Governments, they can be changed.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 17:53 - Apr 18 with 3720 viewssiralan

He's voted in and paid by the tax payer to represent his constituents not to impose his personal views against their wishes.

He will not be voted out since labour are always a certainty in Swansea West and he knows he can ignore the views of the people he's paid to represent and still get in.

If he had a majority of say 200 instead 7036 he would not have ignored the people who put him in parliament.
Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 18:09 - Apr 18 with 3699 viewsthe_oracle

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 17:53 - Apr 18 by siralan

He's voted in and paid by the tax payer to represent his constituents not to impose his personal views against their wishes.

He will not be voted out since labour are always a certainty in Swansea West and he knows he can ignore the views of the people he's paid to represent and still get in.

If he had a majority of say 200 instead 7036 he would not have ignored the people who put him in parliament.

Swansea West voted remain.
Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 18:16 - Apr 18 with 3680 viewssiralan

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 18:09 - Apr 18 by the_oracle

Brexit was not a constituency vote the people of Wales voted Leave.And he should have respected it.
Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 18:25 - Apr 18 with 3667 viewsthe_oracle

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 18:16 - Apr 18 by siralan

Brexit was not a constituency vote the people of Wales voted Leave.And he should have respected it.

You said " He's voted in and paid by the tax payer to represent his constituents ....." He did.
Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 18:29 - Apr 18 with 3664 viewsWarwickHunt

"I wonder how he is going to explain to his constituents when knocking on their doors why he ignored their democratically voted for wishes and voted against Invoking article 50 "

Probably something to do with him being their democratically elected MP in a parliamentary democracy.

Just a guess like.
Login to get fewer ads

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 18:44 - Apr 18 with 3638 viewsEdmundo

He'll win his seat by a slim majority (1-2k).

You can still pin a red rosette on a donkey and it would win in Swansea West and East plus NPT and Llanelli wards.

😁

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 19:07 - Apr 18 with 3616 viewsWxmJax

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 18:16 - Apr 18 by siralan

Fair do's, classic movement of the goal posts there. Doesn't even make sense, poor bloke can't do right from wrong.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 19:08 - Apr 18 with 3611 viewsplasjack

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 18:44 - Apr 18 by Edmundo

He'll win his seat by a slim majority (1-2k).

You can still pin a red rosette on a donkey and it would win in Swansea West and East plus NPT and Llanelli wards.

😁

Swansea West used to have a Tory in parliament, not sure when.
Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 19:22 - Apr 18 with 3571 viewsEdmundo

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 19:08 - Apr 18 by plasjack

Really! Shocked 😁

I know Gower went Conservative recently, which fits with the area really. Swansea West more likely to go Conservative than Liberal or Plaid, if voters realise he didn't vote for A50

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 19:23 - Apr 18 with 3571 viewsWhiterockin

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 19:08 - Apr 18 by plasjack

Hugh Rees. I think he was the MP before Alan Williams, probably early 60s.
Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 19:23 - Apr 18 with 3571 viewsLeonWasGod

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 18:09 - Apr 18 by the_oracle

I know it wasn't run on those constituency boundaries, but I did wonder how how Swansea West would have voted. Makes perfect sense given the collaboration the Uni has with other EU nation states and the likely high concentration of Uni people in that area.
Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 19:25 - Apr 18 with 3566 viewsexiledclaseboy

Geraint Davies voted for what he felt was right during the A50 vote. I'd much rather any MP do that that blindly follow the wishes of their constituents. The people of Swansea West will get their chance to tell Davies what they think of that vote on 8 June.

Poll: Tory leader

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 19:52 - Apr 18 with 3532 viewsbryncochjack

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 19:23 - Apr 18 by Whiterockin

Hugh Rees. I think he was the MP before Alan Williams, probably early 60s.

Cons won Swansea West in 1959 general election. Lost it the following election, 1964 http://www.politicsresources.net/area/uk/ge59/i19.htm
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 19:53]
Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 20:34 - Apr 18 with 3478 viewsperchrockjack

We moved to Killay in 1962

It was lovely then, as was Swansea West

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 20:36 - Apr 18 with 3483 viewsWhiterockin

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 19:52 - Apr 18 by bryncochjack

Cons won Swansea West in 1959 general election. Lost it the following election, 1964 http://www.politicsresources.net/area/uk/ge59/i19.htm
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 19:53]

I didn't realise that the turnout was so high back then.
Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 20:54 - Apr 18 with 3465 viewsWarwickHunt

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 19:25 - Apr 18 by exiledclaseboy

Geraint Davies voted for what he felt was right during the A50 vote. I'd much rather any MP do that that blindly follow the wishes of their constituents. The people of Swansea West will get their chance to tell Davies what they think of that vote on 8 June.

That's ...what's the word I'm looking for... oh, yes - democracy.
Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 20:56 - Apr 18 with 3454 viewsperchrockjack

Which means the populace can vote for whom they like

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 20:59 - Apr 18 with 3453 viewsTheResurrection

Sir Alan

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 21:04 - Apr 18 with 3438 viewsKilkennyjack

Well done Geraint/gearing Davies MP.

Its ignorant self harm on a national scale - and just cos the feckwits dont care or understand (?) about the dire consequences, then you dont have to help them do self harm.

Much better to be a man, make your own decisions, and live or die by them.
Not a time for Quislings.

Beware of the Risen People

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 23:08 - Apr 18 with 3368 viewsDDCH

Geraint Davies is a tosser

He was parachuted into Swansea West after he lost his own seat in Croydon.

Have asked him questions on several occasions, never to get an answer. Have even looked at records afterwards to find out he couldn't even be arsed to show up to the debates.

If Labour had any respect for the people of Swansea West, they would at least offer up a local, hard working candidate who had the interests of our city at heart, rather than a fat pay cheque and being closer to his home area for the majority of the year.

Brexit or no Brexit, he's a chunt!

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 08:16 - Apr 19 with 3274 viewsAnotherJohn

As somebody who voted for Davies twice now I won't be doing so again. His line is that there was a slender majority for Remain in Swansea West, although I am not sure whether there is robust data to show that that is correct. He has gone against the Party whip and floated the wacky idea of an amendment to the A50 bill that had no chance of success. He has a highly dubious track record on the expenses front. If the constituency had any sense he would be de-selected.
Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 09:30 - Apr 19 with 3242 viewsbryncochjack

Gearing Davies MP Swansea West voted against invoking article 50. on 20:36 - Apr 18 by Whiterockin

I didn't realise that the turnout was so high back then.

Yes, look at the Stoke figures on the same page as Swansea and then compare them to recent elections. The fall is stark over fifty years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024