Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year 00:08 - Apr 22 with 9366 viewsGlyn1

That's according to the Labour Party anyway. Apparently that puts you in the top 5 per cent of wage earners in this country. Sounds right to me but people on Radio 5 have been whinging that they get that and are just average. Struggling in fact. Any thoughts?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 22:12 - Apr 22 with 783 viewsJack_Meoff

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 21:58 - Apr 22 by Pacemaker

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/19/does-earning-70k-make-you-rich-6584069/

Cheers pal.

'This morning, Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell hinted that Labour would increase tax for all the ‘rich’ people earning £70,000.' - Metro.

Hinted. That's all the article states. And a quick Google reveals that Metro is published by DMG Media (part of Daily Mail and General trust). Draw your own conclusions from that.

No facts, just a 'hint.' Enough to provoke more divide and conquer bollocks though eh. Four pages and counting.

Edit - first post on page 5 - curses
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 22:13]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 22:14 - Apr 22 with 773 viewsJackanapes

Those who realise that they have enough are truly rich.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 22:16 - Apr 22 with 769 viewsblueytheblue

Guardian and Lady Nugee an ok source?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/20/people-on-70000-do-not-feel-ric

Poll: Alternate POTY final

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 22:25 - Apr 22 with 753 viewsJack_Meoff

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 22:16 - Apr 22 by blueytheblue

Guardian and Lady Nugee an ok source?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/20/people-on-70000-do-not-feel-ric

Cheers. Just saying that definitions of 'rich' and actual pledges to change tax bands are two separate issues. If it's black and white in a manifesto then fair enough.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 22:29 - Apr 22 with 747 viewsblueytheblue

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 22:25 - Apr 22 by Jack_Meoff

Cheers. Just saying that definitions of 'rich' and actual pledges to change tax bands are two separate issues. If it's black and white in a manifesto then fair enough.

Oh, I do agree with that.

Labour have licked a finger, put it in the air to gauge the prevailing wind and made a pigs ear of things. I'm sure Lady Nugee was impressed to hear of fighting the "rigged system", where her extensive property portfolio and judge husband would surely make her the enemy in Corbyn's eyes.

I'm honestly wondering if Corbyn knows he'll get destroyed at the election but is hoping Labour will then get rebuilt in his image as a result.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 22:34 - Apr 22 with 736 viewsJack_Meoff

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 22:29 - Apr 22 by blueytheblue

Oh, I do agree with that.

Labour have licked a finger, put it in the air to gauge the prevailing wind and made a pigs ear of things. I'm sure Lady Nugee was impressed to hear of fighting the "rigged system", where her extensive property portfolio and judge husband would surely make her the enemy in Corbyn's eyes.

I'm honestly wondering if Corbyn knows he'll get destroyed at the election but is hoping Labour will then get rebuilt in his image as a result.

It's all a f*cking pantomime anyway bluey old son. Until the money changers get cast out the temple we're as good as f*cked. And it got old JC crucified anyway, so good luck anyone who tries that caper.

Disclaimer - this post may have been brought to you by the letter G, the number 9, and evidently too much Pinot Grigot...

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 22:44 - Apr 22 with 726 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 22:12 - Apr 22 by Jack_Meoff

Cheers pal.

'This morning, Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell hinted that Labour would increase tax for all the ‘rich’ people earning £70,000.' - Metro.

Hinted. That's all the article states. And a quick Google reveals that Metro is published by DMG Media (part of Daily Mail and General trust). Draw your own conclusions from that.

No facts, just a 'hint.' Enough to provoke more divide and conquer bollocks though eh. Four pages and counting.

Edit - first post on page 5 - curses
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 22:13]

Stop it

They'll believe it all

Facking dreadful stuff

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 23:09 - Apr 22 with 689 viewsCooperman

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 19:56 - Apr 22 by morningstar

My step daughter and her husband live in North London. She is a dental hygienist at a practice in Harley Street. He is head of his IT dept in the Met Police. Their combined wage is approx £1/4M+ per annum and they have just bought an apartment near the old Highbury ground that resembles something you could get off the housing association in Swansea for £55 per week! They'd love too have kids, but afford to. So yeah, it's all relevant. Corbyn is a fvckin dinosauar!

For clarification... are you saying that their combined wage is £250k a year and that they cannot afford to have kids?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 23:13]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 23:13 - Apr 22 with 684 viewsexiledclaseboy

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 23:09 - Apr 22 by Cooperman

For clarification... are you saying that their combined wage is £250k a year and that they cannot afford to have kids?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 23:13]

I think he's saying £250k per year combined. Nice pick up but it's all relative.

Poll: Tory leader

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 23:24 - Apr 22 with 672 viewsCooperman

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 23:13 - Apr 22 by exiledclaseboy

I think he's saying £250k per year combined. Nice pick up but it's all relative.

Yes, I edited my original post to say £250k.

All I will say to that is that kids can't figure that highly on the priority list.

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 23:25 - Apr 22 with 670 viewsexiledclaseboy

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:41 - Apr 22 by perchrockjack

Can't afford to have kids ? What

Those who aren't arsed are those with no education, no job, no inclination to accept responsibility for having children, the single most significant thing humans do.

Streets are full of those who can't afford. Of their own means to have kids but do so..

Our system supports these cretins when good decent responsible couples actually consider having children and supporting them as opposed to the state

My parents had six kids. Claimed benefits. You want to rethink that nonsensical bile?

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 23:34 - Apr 22 with 647 viewsexiledclaseboy

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 23:24 - Apr 22 by Cooperman

Yes, I edited my original post to say £250k.

All I will say to that is that kids can't figure that highly on the priority list.

I think someone else nailed it when he said they can afford kids but can't afford to live where they're living. It's difficult to have sympathy for a couple earning £250k every year but that wasn't the point MG was making really.

Anyway, what this thread does highlight is the pointlessness of arbitrary cut off points without context. If £70k per year is rich them I'm doing ok personally while not getting anywhere near that. But try telling a struggling young couple bringing up kids on minimum wage that someone on 70k is struggling. Don't expect them to understand.

But it's an illustration of how f*cked up politics is. Divide and rule. Such as it ever was.

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 23:45 - Apr 22 with 637 viewsploppy

See now, I'm rich and I only earn half that. I'm the kind of person they should be taxing more. Oh wait...
You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 23:55 - Apr 22 with 631 viewsCooperman

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 23:34 - Apr 22 by exiledclaseboy

I think someone else nailed it when he said they can afford kids but can't afford to live where they're living. It's difficult to have sympathy for a couple earning £250k every year but that wasn't the point MG was making really.

Anyway, what this thread does highlight is the pointlessness of arbitrary cut off points without context. If £70k per year is rich them I'm doing ok personally while not getting anywhere near that. But try telling a struggling young couple bringing up kids on minimum wage that someone on 70k is struggling. Don't expect them to understand.

But it's an illustration of how f*cked up politics is. Divide and rule. Such as it ever was.

I really only homed in on the 'can't afford to have kids' part which IMO is complete bollocks.

Rightly or wrongly I took the sentence literally.

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 23:59 - Apr 22 with 626 viewsperchrockjack

Groo

If you move away ,this is what you get

And Clasie , you've completely misinterpreted my nonsensical bile

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:01 - Apr 23 with 626 viewslondonlisa2001

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 23:55 - Apr 22 by Cooperman

I really only homed in on the 'can't afford to have kids' part which IMO is complete bollocks.

Rightly or wrongly I took the sentence literally.

I assume that the sentence actually should be 'can't afford to have kids and maintain their current lifestyle' - which is perfectly reasonable. Kids are a choice.
You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:04 - Apr 23 with 621 viewsCooperman

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:01 - Apr 23 by londonlisa2001

I assume that the sentence actually should be 'can't afford to have kids and maintain their current lifestyle' - which is perfectly reasonable. Kids are a choice.

Which is perfectly fine of course.

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:04 - Apr 23 with 620 viewsexiledclaseboy

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:01 - Apr 23 by londonlisa2001

They are. Although we should be encouraging people to have as many kids as possible given the ageing population powder keg.

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:19 - Apr 23 with 596 viewsperchrockjack

Let's not forget the Catholic Church was against birth control ,abortion, and women were expected to do their duty for their husband and produce children

Different days

Nothing against large families but plenty stop at a number they feel able to support no matter what . This is not offensive Andrew .

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:22 - Apr 23 with 593 viewsexiledclaseboy

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:19 - Apr 23 by perchrockjack

Let's not forget the Catholic Church was against birth control ,abortion, and women were expected to do their duty for their husband and produce children

Different days

Nothing against large families but plenty stop at a number they feel able to support no matter what . This is not offensive Andrew .

Yes it is. When you generalise as you did it is. Six kids, Perch. Sometimes the only money coming in was benefit money. Were they irresponsible? We're they just parents?
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 0:30]

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:23 - Apr 23 with 592 viewslondonlisa2001

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:04 - Apr 23 by exiledclaseboy

They are. Although we should be encouraging people to have as many kids as possible given the ageing population powder keg.

Not the Moslems though...

On a serious note. We need to do more to work out ways of allowing people to have children and still work. The amount of money we are chucking away on training people (usually women) and then losing that investment when they leave jobs due to children is ridiculous.
You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:27 - Apr 23 with 587 viewsperchrockjack

Apologies but I did not generalise stating clearly what I deemed unacceptable .

Read it again

Your parents like mine were of a completely different mindset

Sorry to cause offence if it appears so

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:43 - Apr 23 with 571 viewsJack_Meoff

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 22:44 - Apr 22 by oh_tommy_tommy

Stop it

They'll believe it all

Facking dreadful stuff

Government - the illusion that you have a choice, whilst they tax your 'income' so they can siphon as much of it from the populace as possible . It's a f*cking scam.

Media - owned by billionaires who absolutely benefit from the status quo continuing, paid for by us c*nts, which leads us on to

Us c*nts - f*cking mugs that vote for the former and pay for the latter.

As it ever was.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 0:46]

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:46 - Apr 23 with 566 viewsperchrockjack

Jm

What the solution

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:49 - Apr 23 with 564 viewsexiledclaseboy

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:46 - Apr 23 by perchrockjack

Jm

What the solution

Bombs?
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 0:50]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024