Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year 00:08 - Apr 22 with 9363 viewsGlyn1

That's according to the Labour Party anyway. Apparently that puts you in the top 5 per cent of wage earners in this country. Sounds right to me but people on Radio 5 have been whinging that they get that and are just average. Struggling in fact. Any thoughts?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:55 - Apr 23 with 1166 viewsperchrockjack

I'm waiting for jackmeoff

Seems big problems we face

Just wondering Who has the solution

We have different opinions

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 01:03 - Apr 23 with 1158 viewsJack_Meoff

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:46 - Apr 23 by perchrockjack

Jm

What the solution

£64000 question perch eh. A monetary system that serves everyone would be a start, not our current usurious model that keeps us in perpetual indentured servitude. Ad infinitum.

We're a mad species mate, you look at the work of someone like Nikola Tesla at the turn of the 20th Century - the fact that we're still using fossil fuels is insane.

We're just a buch of chunts to be divided and conquered and profited from, the f*ckers have it down to an art it would seem.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 01:07 - Apr 23 with 1152 viewsperchrockjack

Eloquent indeed but you prove my very existence by suggesting nobody has THE answer.

Maybe ,there is a God above as there are clearly matters beyond the wit of Man

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 01:20 - Apr 23 with 1145 viewsJack_Meoff

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 01:07 - Apr 23 by perchrockjack

Eloquent indeed but you prove my very existence by suggesting nobody has THE answer.

Maybe ,there is a God above as there are clearly matters beyond the wit of Man

There's no answer perch... Maybe that's the point. Or maybe there is the Demiurge. The machinations of mankind are the fuel to the fire. I'm not an atheist anymore after being one for 30+ years.

Mythologies, we're replaying the same story time and again. You're a Mason, what are you taught?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 01:22 - Apr 23 with 1143 viewsJack_Meoff

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:55 - Apr 23 by perchrockjack

I'm waiting for jackmeoff

Seems big problems we face

Just wondering Who has the solution

We have different opinions

Learn to quote you chuff mun

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 06:16 - Apr 23 with 1113 viewsHumpty

Anyone who whinges about paying tax when the earn £70k a year can f*ck off.

Anyone who earns £250k and complains that life is so tough they can't afford to breed can also f*ck off. In fact they can f*ck off twice.

Honestly. How do you think such complete bollocks looks to hard working people who are struggling to survive?

"But my rent is too high, or my mortgage is too big!"

Then f*cking move somewhere else then. I'm sure £250k a year will cover the commuting costs.
You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 09:12 - Apr 23 with 1061 viewsE20Jack

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 06:16 - Apr 23 by Humpty

Anyone who earns £250k and complains that life is so tough they can't afford to breed can also f*ck off. In fact they can f*ck off twice.

Honestly. How do you think such complete bollocks looks to hard working people who are struggling to survive?

Then f*cking move somewhere else then. I'm sure £250k a year will cover the commuting costs.

Nobody is whinging about paying taxes on 70k, nobody is saying they are struggling in 70k.

People are saying they don't consider themselves rich on 70k (48k after tax) especially if you live in London. Better off than many, but not rich.

How this thread is on then 6th page I'll never know.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 10:04 - Apr 23 with 1037 viewsperchrockjack

Reply button facility doesn't work for me on tablet

Login to get fewer ads

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 10:06 - Apr 23 with 1035 viewsperchrockjack

Has anyone defined "rich" on this thread

All posts are pointless political posturing without a definition

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 10:35 - Apr 23 with 1021 viewsJack_Meoff

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 10:04 - Apr 23 by perchrockjack

Reply button facility doesn't work for me on tablet

Sorry perch. Should have gone to bed way earlier than I did last night

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 11:20 - Apr 23 with 1001 viewsperchrockjack

No prob Jm

It's been mentioned before

Doesn't work on my tablet but having said that ,nobody tells me what to do.

My dad regaled me tales of Jesus on his knee but I didn't listen.

I just listen to myself

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 12:45 - Apr 23 with 983 viewswaynekerr55

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 09:12 - Apr 23 by E20Jack

Nobody is whinging about paying taxes on 70k, nobody is saying they are struggling in 70k.

People are saying they don't consider themselves rich on 70k (48k after tax) especially if you live in London. Better off than many, but not rich.

How this thread is on then 6th page I'll never know.

This is spot on.

Just shows how out of touch Labour are.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 12:48 - Apr 23 with 981 viewsexiledclaseboy

Diane Abbott reference in five, four, three...

Poll: Tory leader

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 12:56 - Apr 23 with 977 viewsLord_Bony

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 10:06 - Apr 23 by perchrockjack

Has anyone defined "rich" on this thread

All posts are pointless political posturing without a definition

Friends of mine work in the financial industry in the heart of the city but live in Whitechapel in the east end.

They earn crazy money but have such poor quality of life as they work constantly and live in a flat that cost over £1700 per month plus council tax etc that is in an area not disimilar to something out of a Charles Dickens novel. Horrible flat and neighbourhood... They are moving out soon because its like a hamster wheel and you darent stop running for just one second...stress stress.

Other people I know live quite easy comfortable lives working part time and topped up with Working Tax Credits etc...much happier and probably financially better off...they live in s wales.

£70k a year does not go far in a city like London by the time you pay tax,national insurance etc.

Totally depends where you live in the UK decides if youre rich or not on this kind of wage.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 13:28 - Apr 23 with 954 viewsJack_Meoff

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 11:20 - Apr 23 by perchrockjack

No prob Jm

It's been mentioned before

Doesn't work on my tablet but having said that ,nobody tells me what to do.

My dad regaled me tales of Jesus on his knee but I didn't listen.

I just listen to myself

Funnily enough perch I've just got back from the allotment planting spuds with the Bible on audiobook. (Wouldn't have put money on that 15 years ago mind...) Whether one is a believer or not there's no denying it's one heck of a tale!

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 13:29 - Apr 23 with 952 viewswaynekerr55

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 12:48 - Apr 23 by exiledclaseboy

Diane Abbott reference in five, four, three...

Your tap in - provided free of charge Clasey 🤣😉

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 14:01 - Apr 23 with 931 viewsperchrockjack

Just as we were getting to understand each other a little JM ,it turns out you re a born again Christian

I'm awaiting a reply from my best adversary dafyyd .

I might die happy

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 16:56 - Apr 23 with 888 viewsmorningstar

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 06:16 - Apr 23 by Humpty

Dear me, there's some precious little snowflakes on this thread aye! Did i say they were complaining then? Don't think i did! I was merely giving an example of the £70k is rich theory, when a couple living in North London earning £250k a year cannot afford to start a family and maintain their current lifestyle. As for commuting, when your a dental hygienist working in Harley St, if a customer walks in and needs treatment when you are not on duty then you'd better be prepared to get there pretty damn quick as they're not the type of people who understand 'come back next week'. Same with her husband, if there's a problem in his dept that can't be overcome then in he goes! That's what they get paid for, so commuting is not an option. Not that it's any of your business to tell people how they run their lives of course.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 17:19]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:07 - Apr 23 with 826 viewsCooperman

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 16:56 - Apr 23 by morningstar

Dear me, there's some precious little snowflakes on this thread aye! Did i say they were complaining then? Don't think i did! I was merely giving an example of the £70k is rich theory, when a couple living in North London earning £250k a year cannot afford to start a family and maintain their current lifestyle. As for commuting, when your a dental hygienist working in Harley St, if a customer walks in and needs treatment when you are not on duty then you'd better be prepared to get there pretty damn quick as they're not the type of people who understand 'come back next week'. Same with her husband, if there's a problem in his dept that can't be overcome then in he goes! That's what they get paid for, so commuting is not an option. Not that it's any of your business to tell people how they run their lives of course.

So they're not complaining, that's good.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:18 - Apr 23 with 804 viewsmorningstar

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:07 - Apr 23 by Cooperman

So they're not complaining, that's good.

Yes it is. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge that. It's very much appreciated.

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:28 - Apr 23 with 781 viewswaynekerr55

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 16:56 - Apr 23 by morningstar

Not to mention the cost of commuting. From Hitchin to Zone 2 is 360 quid a month. Thank fúck I can get an interest free loan from work or I'd be paying 400 quid

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:59 - Apr 23 with 736 viewsFlashberryjack

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 21:50 - Apr 22 by blueytheblue

"Working people"?

Can you define what you mean by "working people"?

Are you saying his family don't work?

I mean "working people" what is there to define? the clue is in the statement.......and NO, I didn't say or imply that his family don't work.

I just have very little sympathy for their predicament, unlike I would have for a family living on minimum wage and not moaning that they can't afford to buy a property in one of the most expensive cities in the world.

But hey! I'm me and you're you.

Have another read of my post.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 21:18 - Apr 23 with 716 viewsmorningstar

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:59 - Apr 23 by Flashberryjack

I mean "working people" what is there to define? the clue is in the statement.......and NO, I didn't say or imply that his family don't work.

I just have very little sympathy for their predicament, unlike I would have for a family living on minimum wage and not moaning that they can't afford to buy a property in one of the most expensive cities in the world.

But hey! I'm me and you're you.

Have another read of my post.

'Have another read of my post..' Oh the irony! Comprehension is not a strong point of yours is it Flash eh?

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 21:24 - Apr 23 with 694 viewsjack247

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 12:56 - Apr 23 by Lord_Bony

Friends of mine work in the financial industry in the heart of the city but live in Whitechapel in the east end.

They earn crazy money but have such poor quality of life as they work constantly and live in a flat that cost over £1700 per month plus council tax etc that is in an area not disimilar to something out of a Charles Dickens novel. Horrible flat and neighbourhood... They are moving out soon because its like a hamster wheel and you darent stop running for just one second...stress stress.

Other people I know live quite easy comfortable lives working part time and topped up with Working Tax Credits etc...much happier and probably financially better off...they live in s wales.

£70k a year does not go far in a city like London by the time you pay tax,national insurance etc.

Totally depends where you live in the UK decides if youre rich or not on this kind of wage.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Part of the reason your friends in London are finding it tough and the ones down here are coasting is the former group are subsidising the latter.

Tax credits are intended for those who need them, not those who want an easy ride.
You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 10:07 - Apr 24 with 545 viewsperchrockjack

And this sad thread ,so divisive, has highlighted the biggest problem we have. Always have.

The utter over centralisation of everything of worth has to be in London

Arts, Culture, Media, finance, jobs politics ...investment ALL centred totally on London at the expense of the rest of the U.K. ,which, can really feck itself

Until we decentralise and force ,in effect, jobs ,larger salaries away from London ,we will always see this vast differential

Leeds ,for example, has a well established finance centre and city jobs could be transferred there...in an ideal world

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024