Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year 00:08 - Apr 22 with 9361 viewsGlyn1

That's according to the Labour Party anyway. Apparently that puts you in the top 5 per cent of wage earners in this country. Sounds right to me but people on Radio 5 have been whinging that they get that and are just average. Struggling in fact. Any thoughts?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:13 - Apr 22 with 4314 viewsepaul

Makes me sick if people are struggling on 70 grand they want f*cking shooting c*nts, try living off JSA. Compared to what I earn they are rich
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 0:15]

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:17 - Apr 22 with 4303 viewsPozuelosSideys

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:13 - Apr 22 by epaul

Makes me sick if people are struggling on 70 grand they want f*cking shooting c*nts, try living off JSA. Compared to what I earn they are rich
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 0:15]

Not sure people are moaning about struggling on that. Point being that it certainly doesnt make you "rich" these days, especially in London and the SE. Why penalise these people for doing ok?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:27 - Apr 22 with 4275 viewsperchrockjack

Most decent sales people I worked with earned 70k plus

It's about being good at your job

Labour hate this

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:30 - Apr 22 with 4272 viewsperchrockjack

Paul

Look around the London swans

I d be staggered if theyvwerentvearning that

70 k rich?

Feck me

Jez clearly rich then

Rich is when you don't have to work

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:56 - Apr 22 with 4238 viewsKilkennyjack

I wont vote labour, but this fair enough.

£70,000 is rich.

Beware of the Risen People

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 07:29 - Apr 22 with 4074 viewsE20Jack

70k a year is certainly not rich.

The rent on my place is 4 figures a month and it is a normal 2 bed apartment in London. I don't think people realise until they live here. 70k a year in Swansea is comfortable, but rich? I wouldn't say so.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 07:30 - Apr 22 with 4071 viewsbuilthjack

It's rich

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 08:05 - Apr 22 with 3979 viewsWhiterockin

So all MP's are rich including the Labour members.
Login to get fewer ads

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 08:08 - Apr 22 with 3962 viewstrampie

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 08:05 - Apr 22 by Whiterockin

Yes

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 08:32 - Apr 22 with 3914 viewsepaul

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:30 - Apr 22 by perchrockjack

Paul

70 k rich?

Feck me

Jez clearly rich then

Richie, I said compared to me

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 09:02 - Apr 22 with 3857 viewsbuilthjack

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 08:05 - Apr 22 by Whiterockin

Yes

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 09:23 - Apr 22 with 3801 viewsexiledclaseboy

I'd say £70k per year household wage in South Wales would make you comfortably well off. Not rich. The same amount in London would barely make you comfortable. Obviously much depends on individual circumstances. £70k for a family with three kids will not go as far as it will for a single person living alone.

Poll: Tory leader

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 09:31 - Apr 22 with 3775 viewsperchrockjack

Paul

Corbin has made it a generic figure ,which is ridiculous

You know, as well as I do, it's hardly rich,especially not in London

It's envy

It's not what we need

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 09:39 - Apr 22 with 3746 viewsepaul

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 09:31 - Apr 22 by perchrockjack

Paul

Corbin has made it a generic figure ,which is ridiculous

You know, as well as I do, it's hardly rich,especially not in London

It's envy

It's not what we need

Richie, I'm far from envious, I'm not money orientated, I earn half of what I earned working in the Met and never been happier, I love my job, wouldn't swap it for double the wages

Like I said compared to me, good luck to those that earn it, but to say that you struggle on that amount us an insult to many many people

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 09:46 - Apr 22 with 3723 viewsperchrockjack

Paul

You ve misinterpreted.

I d never accuse you of all people as envious .

It's what I believe Corbyn and his ilk preach, envy ,hate. It screws people up

Just how the fook does anyone obtain a mortgage in London if they are earning say 40 k...a decent wage, but look st house prices and that figure is a very average wage

Anyway, good to see you happy with your life . Really .

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 10:03 - Apr 22 with 3676 viewsLoyal

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 00:30 - Apr 22 by perchrockjack

Paul

70 k rich?

Feck me

Jez clearly rich then

There's a few straight off the bat of the London swans I know who earn more.
Mind you it depends who you class as the London swans.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 10:07 - Apr 22 with 3666 viewsdickythorpe

70 k a year is a fine salary.

It's all relative though to where you live and what your lifestyle is
You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 10:11 - Apr 22 with 3659 viewsE20Jack

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 09:23 - Apr 22 by exiledclaseboy

I'd say £70k per year household wage in South Wales would make you comfortably well off. Not rich. The same amount in London would barely make you comfortable. Obviously much depends on individual circumstances. £70k for a family with three kids will not go as far as it will for a single person living alone.

You get one up arrow for that. I got 2 down arrows for saying the same thing - ironically one of them was the same person! My fat fingers seems to have rectified that though I'm afraid. Apologies.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 10:15]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 10:38 - Apr 22 with 3602 viewsepaul

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 09:46 - Apr 22 by perchrockjack

Paul

You ve misinterpreted.

I d never accuse you of all people as envious .

It's what I believe Corbyn and his ilk preach, envy ,hate. It screws people up

Just how the fook does anyone obtain a mortgage in London if they are earning say 40 k...a decent wage, but look st house prices and that figure is a very average wage

Anyway, good to see you happy with your life . Really .

The sun, the mail preach envy and hate, JC hadn't made the housing market what it is, that goes back to you know who and then this current govt/ successive govts who alow private landlords drive up prices to ridiculous prices, I for one don't envy youngsters today starting out in the housing market.
At least JC is prepared to take this on and at least try to make housing affordable

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 11:02 - Apr 22 with 3544 viewstreboethjack

I'd f*cking love 70k! I'm living off around 1.2K a month between me and my missus trying to keep a roof over our heads. We both work too.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 11:04 - Apr 22 with 3543 viewsNeath_Jack

Money can't buy you love.

Or your health.

It's just something else to divide and separate people. This thread being a lovely little example.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 12:00 - Apr 22 with 3443 viewsperchrockjack

Cost of living in London ....

Would terrify most Swansea people who can buy a decent house in a nice area of Swansea or 150 k.

That wouldn't buy you Asher in Ilundun

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 12:08 - Apr 22 with 3426 viewsNeath_Jack

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 12:00 - Apr 22 by perchrockjack

Cost of living in London ....

Would terrify most Swansea people who can buy a decent house in a nice area of Swansea or 150 k.

That wouldn't buy you Asher in Ilundun

F*ck London.

Why would anyone be terrified of that? It's not some great achievement to live in London mind. Hardly the pinnacle of ones career.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 12:26 - Apr 22 with 3385 viewsblueytheblue

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 12:08 - Apr 22 by Neath_Jack

F*ck London.

Why would anyone be terrified of that? It's not some great achievement to live in London mind. Hardly the pinnacle of ones career.

Point being spectacularly missed.

Defining someone as "rich" based upon a specific value where different geographical locations within the UK have different costs of living is only something a really stupid person would do.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 12:28 - Apr 22 with 3375 viewsLoyal

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 12:26 - Apr 22 by blueytheblue

Point being spectacularly missed.

Defining someone as "rich" based upon a specific value where different geographical locations within the UK have different costs of living is only something a really stupid person would do.

Mentally I'm a millionaire. Financially, hard work gets you the jewels.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024