Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans 13:19 - Apr 22 with 30489 viewsLandore_Jack

It comes against a back-drop of supporter anger and frustration at the team's fortunes on and off the field.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-chairman-

#backtojack

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 15:22 - Apr 23 with 2098 viewsLoyal

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 15:18 - Apr 23 by dobjack2

Simples.

Either the trust knew about the share sale - which he has denied - or he deliberately excluded the trust and asked the buyers not to tell the trust - which is what the majority owners have said. He has also stated that he didn't know who he was selling the shares to.

I wonder in what alternate universe was the share sale for the benefit of the club and its supporters.

I suspect that they knew that our position was potentially unsustainable long term without investment and they wanted to cash in before it went belly up. I also suspect that they weren't expecting it to go belly up this season and would therefore be able to blame the majority owners for not making the investments they expected them to make.

How is he going to spin it and how many will believe him?

There's always the majority of swans fans AKA the easily led and the stupid.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 15:43 - Apr 23 with 2065 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 15:18 - Apr 23 by dobjack2

Simples.

Either the trust knew about the share sale - which he has denied - or he deliberately excluded the trust and asked the buyers not to tell the trust - which is what the majority owners have said. He has also stated that he didn't know who he was selling the shares to.

I wonder in what alternate universe was the share sale for the benefit of the club and its supporters.

I suspect that they knew that our position was potentially unsustainable long term without investment and they wanted to cash in before it went belly up. I also suspect that they weren't expecting it to go belly up this season and would therefore be able to blame the majority owners for not making the investments they expected them to make.

How is he going to spin it and how many will believe him?

"Either the trust knew about the share sale - which he has denied"

What does that mean mate?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 17:05 - Apr 23 with 2003 viewsQJumpingJack

Didn't the Americans claim at the last forum that they were told not to engage with The Trust.

Mr Jenkins needs to be very careful when he speaks to the fans at the end of the season - he could well contradict what the Americans said earlier this month.
Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 17:39 - Apr 23 with 1947 viewsWingstandwood

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 17:05 - Apr 23 by QJumpingJack

Didn't the Americans claim at the last forum that they were told not to engage with The Trust.

Mr Jenkins needs to be very careful when he speaks to the fans at the end of the season - he could well contradict what the Americans said earlier this month.

Indeed you have a good point! It would be no surprise to me if the statement is pre-scripted and choreographed to the letter and will be stringently reappraised fine tooth comb style prior to public release by both Jenkins and the Yanks! I bet they've both been working (together) on it already?

I think it's going to be something that the likes of political spinmeister Alistair Campbell would be proud of. It'll be nothing but emotional blackmail, a smokescreen, psychological-tricks, victim-card-playing, blame deflection, bluff, double-speak and good all round bovine-brown-stuff.

I expect a lot of utterly empty and smarmy intelligence insulting praise and mood muzak for both SCST and Jack Army telling us how absolutely wonderful we all are. But I won't fall for it. The way we were treated is testimony how wonderful they think we are! I have already filled any release from HJ in the part of the brain that does "Do you think I'm a complete and utter mug" analysis.

Argus!

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 17:43 - Apr 23 with 1941 viewsDewi1jack

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 17:05 - Apr 23 by QJumpingJack

If and it's really a big IF he speaks to the fans, I can only see friends of his and other sellout slimy sneaky b'stards, oh and his media mouthpiece, being present to ask questions.
Free ride in other words.

If the Trust are present and him, one of the other sellouts or the Yanks are present and something is said that contradicts something said at an earlier time (sorry, not trying to confuse there) by anyone, then it needs to be challenged there and then.
No point contradicting it in a statement a few days later- damage would have already been done
If it's held as a Trust board and fans forum, then someone will pick it up straight away and hopefully say something.

Really think the Trust need to engage the majority of our fans who are unaware of what has gone on. Use the national (not Welsh) media.
That may even get the Trust a large run on membership. Every penny could help!
Although as the Cardiff centric media do seem to dislike us, they may be interested in a story that lays our rags to sellout riches open.

Think there would have to be good security there that night as methinks that we still have enough headers who could do something silly.
Really don't think the security should be a Cardiff based firm either- tensions will be high enough without their b'stards being provocative.

Edit
Would really love Dimwit to be alongside Captain Beaky to explain why he kept quiet about this sale.
Ex Trust leader tucks up the Trust would make for some interesting questions.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 17:48]

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 17:50 - Apr 23 with 1920 viewsNeathJack

I wonder if the chairman will have the bottle to turn up to the end of season awards dinner?
Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 18:02 - Apr 23 with 1896 viewsdobjack2

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 15:43 - Apr 23 by Darran

"Either the trust knew about the share sale - which he has denied"

What does that mean mate?

No problem mate.

It's all about clearing the air and explaining the share sale. Either the trust knew about the share sale or they didn't.

He has said that the supporter director and by implication the trust didn't know and the majority owners from memory said that they were asked not to tell the trust. I.e. The trust didn't know.

Based on what he and the majority owners have said how can he spin deliberately keeping the trust in the dark as being what's best for the club and its supporters.
Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 18:04 - Apr 23 with 1887 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 18:02 - Apr 23 by dobjack2

No problem mate.

It's all about clearing the air and explaining the share sale. Either the trust knew about the share sale or they didn't.

He has said that the supporter director and by implication the trust didn't know and the majority owners from memory said that they were asked not to tell the trust. I.e. The trust didn't know.

Based on what he and the majority owners have said how can he spin deliberately keeping the trust in the dark as being what's best for the club and its supporters.

So Jenkins has actually stated that HC/Trust knew nothing about the sale?

I'm not being a twát I just must have missed that.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 18:27 - Apr 23 with 1853 viewsmonmouth

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 18:04 - Apr 23 by Darran

I seem to recall something along those lines too.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 19:11 - Apr 23 with 1790 viewsdobjack2

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 18:04 - Apr 23 by Darran

Pretty sure that he said that that was the case when Cooze was getting pelters.
Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 19:18 - Apr 23 with 1784 viewstomdickharry

Probably clear the air with fans translates, lets move away from going to Court,the truth will then of course be published.
Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 19:49 - Apr 23 with 1737 viewsbonymine

OUR Club is so rotten from top to bottom that it beggars belief .....

Started watching the Swans in 1975 and have NEVER SEEN anything quite like this before and I have witnessed at first hand 'Re-Election' (look it up you youngsters 😉) , the rise and fall under Toshack, Petty & Lewis but NEVER BEFORE have we been taken for a ride by 'ONE OF OUR OWN'......

Makes me want to

'YOU GREEDY B*STARDS GET OUT OF OUR CLUB'.....

STID Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:03 - Apr 23 with 1694 viewsLoyal

Thing is the less informed are the majority and he is betting on that to get himself a break.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:05 - Apr 23 with 1693 viewsWingstandwood

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 19:49 - Apr 23 by bonymine

Started watching the Swans in 1975 and have NEVER SEEN anything quite like this before and I have witnessed at first hand 'Re-Election' (look it up you youngsters 😉) , the rise and fall under Toshack, Petty & Lewis but NEVER BEFORE have we been taken for a ride by 'ONE OF OUR OWN'......

Makes me want to

Yeah, taken for a ride by one (and gang) of our very own whom were already rich from the proceeds of their SCFC involvement. What with the dividend pay-outs, huge wage package or two (Jenkins £500,000 +) along with awarded 'in-house' patronage/spoils stuff e.g. Morgans Jaxx Bay building contract etc etc.

Jenkins had already reached millionaire status many years before he sold his soul.

The occasional w#nker that defends them likes to give the impression they were football's equivalent of Saint John's Ambulance volunteers. They rode on the back of the SCFC support i.e. the vital ingredient for SCFC's ride and were paid handsomely and rewarded for their services.

Argus!

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:23 - Apr 23 with 1658 viewsE20Jack

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 19:49 - Apr 23 by bonymine

Makes me want to

We have been spoiled though, because until we got to the PL the board were in my opinion in it for the good of the club. Most clubs are rotten to the core, it has just taken ours longer than most.

It will continue to be the same too, irrespective of owners. The ONLY way we can get our club back is if the Trust end up buying the club outright 100%.

We will never have to be in a foreign ownership postition again. We will never have to worry about how much in fees are being syphoned away or what is sneakily happening for personal gain.

It needs to happen and it needs to be priority NUMBER 1. There is no point in trying to work with the Americans. What will that do? They still will do what they like, they have 75% voting rights. The longer we wait the less of a case we have IMO. Sticking around is a pointless excercise which could kill any hope of us ridding ourselves of parasites like this forever.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:23 - Apr 23 with 1656 viewsbonymine

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:05 - Apr 23 by Wingstandwood

Yeah, taken for a ride by one (and gang) of our very own whom were already rich from the proceeds of their SCFC involvement. What with the dividend pay-outs, huge wage package or two (Jenkins £500,000 +) along with awarded 'in-house' patronage/spoils stuff e.g. Morgans Jaxx Bay building contract etc etc.

Jenkins had already reached millionaire status many years before he sold his soul.

The occasional w#nker that defends them likes to give the impression they were football's equivalent of Saint John's Ambulance volunteers. They rode on the back of the SCFC support i.e. the vital ingredient for SCFC's ride and were paid handsomely and rewarded for their services.

Spot on mate and the likes of you and I seem to be in the minority in terms of understanding what's ACTUALLY gone on behind the scenes and how the Sellouts have behaved .....

Money is the root of all evil .....and boy have we got some money grabbing Kunts professing to be STID when in fact they are 'SWANSEA TILL I CAN FILL MY POCKETS AND SELL TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER'.... .......

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:24 - Apr 23 with 1655 viewswaynekerr55

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:05 - Apr 23 by Wingstandwood

They also like to play the "we didn't get paid for 7 years card to"

They may not of gained cash directly from the club payroll but I would hazard a guess that they were able to use the prestige of club directorship to network and gain contacts as a result.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:34 - Apr 23 with 1634 viewsVetchfielder

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 11:46 - Apr 23 by E20Jack

It's insulting. It wasn't an error of judgement, it wasn't a mistake.

You deliberately sold your shares to make millions on the proviso that you hand over the voting rights of your remaining shares to people you knew were not fit to own the club with the sole aim of completely hamstringing the Trust (the fans) to ever being able to safeguard the future of the club... (The club you were already making a fortune out of for your questionable services).

It wasn't a spur of the moment decision. You deliberated and discussed it while deliberately keeping the Trust (the fans) in the dark for NEARLY A YEAR as you did not want anyone with the club at heart to scupper your plan to hurt the club for financial gain.

You now want the cowardly way out by asking for forgiveness because you don't like the reaction... Yet it is a reaction you knew you were going to get and weighed up that it was worth it for the cash and the deceit and to sell "your own club" down the river.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 11:51]

Fair play to all, some cracking posts on this topic, the one above being the star contribution.

They think these media games will soften supporters and get them out of this mess but it just makes me more angry and hardens my resolve to see them get what they deserve.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:36 - Apr 23 with 1631 viewsWingstandwood

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:24 - Apr 23 by waynekerr55

They also like to play the "we didn't get paid for 7 years card to"

They may not of gained cash directly from the club payroll but I would hazard a guess that they were able to use the prestige of club directorship to network and gain contacts as a result.

I know of many a Working Men's Club committee that were not meant to be paid but they were not exactly doing it for nothing.

If anyone thinks that even during the early days there were no perks, privileges and nice little extras for HJ and Co then they are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Argus!

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:49 - Apr 23 with 1605 viewsNeath_Jack

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:23 - Apr 23 by E20Jack

We have been spoiled though, because until we got to the PL the board were in my opinion in it for the good of the club. Most clubs are rotten to the core, it has just taken ours longer than most.

It will continue to be the same too, irrespective of owners. The ONLY way we can get our club back is if the Trust end up buying the club outright 100%.

We will never have to be in a foreign ownership postition again. We will never have to worry about how much in fees are being syphoned away or what is sneakily happening for personal gain.

It needs to happen and it needs to be priority NUMBER 1. There is no point in trying to work with the Americans. What will that do? They still will do what they like, they have 75% voting rights. The longer we wait the less of a case we have IMO. Sticking around is a pointless excercise which could kill any hope of us ridding ourselves of parasites like this forever.

"The ONLY way we can get our club back is if the Trust end up buying the club outright 100%".

For that to happen, then the club is going to have to get in serious trouble first IMO, probably on the brink of going out of business again.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:53 - Apr 23 with 1598 viewsbonymine

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:36 - Apr 23 by Wingstandwood

I know of many a Working Men's Club committee that were not meant to be paid but they were not exactly doing it for nothing.

If anyone thinks that even during the early days there were no perks, privileges and nice little extras for HJ and Co then they are living in cloud cuckoo land.

HJ allegedly got bailed out by MM at Caseys to save him from bankruptcy (again) yet somehow he is exalted as a PREMIER LEAGUE Chairman/Chief Executive/Director of Football/ OBE .......... and can walk on water .......

What a disappointment really............

STID... Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:54 - Apr 23 with 1590 viewsE20Jack

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:49 - Apr 23 by Neath_Jack

"The ONLY way we can get our club back is if the Trust end up buying the club outright 100%".

For that to happen, then the club is going to have to get in serious trouble first IMO, probably on the brink of going out of business again.

I think just relegated to League 1 would do it.

£25m for a League 1 club sounds about right. Certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.

The other alternative is to be strung along by the Yanks and have the share value frittered away into non existance.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:57 - Apr 23 with 1584 viewsmonmouth

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:49 - Apr 23 by Neath_Jack

I think we've probably seen the best years of our club, whatever happens now. We can't be trusting again, like opening Pandora's box or munching on the serpents apple, these c*nts have destroyed our dreams.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:58 - Apr 23 with 1582 viewsNeath_Jack

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:54 - Apr 23 by E20Jack

I think just relegated to League 1 would do it.

£25m for a League 1 club sounds about right. Certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.

The other alternative is to be strung along by the Yanks and have the share value frittered away into non existance.

But you're assuming that £25m would be the buy out price? Let's hope that they dont saddle us with a £50m debt on top of that.

I'm sure everything will be fine once those bridges have been built.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 21:01 - Apr 23 with 1568 viewsbonymine

Huw Jenkins ready to 'clear the air' with fans on 20:57 - Apr 23 by monmouth

I think we've probably seen the best years of our club, whatever happens now. We can't be trusting again, like opening Pandora's box or munching on the serpents apple, these c*nts have destroyed our dreams.

These c*nts are allegedly Swans fans till they die too .....hope that's sooner than they hope get these Sellout Kunts out .......

STOD. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024