Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dave Jones 22:04 - Apr 22 with 5112 viewsDarran

lol

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/hartlepool-united/hartlepool-unit

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Dave Jones on 22:12 - Apr 22 with 4111 viewsblueytheblue

Not his level?

He's right about that, to be fair, consistently coached at a far higher level.

Stelling's rant was utterly unprofessional and almost certainly scripted. His "look at me, I'm a real football fan honest" act has got grating.

Hartlepool have throughout their entire history done the square root of sweet FA. They've no money, no players. Jones for us was able to get players in like Chopra, Bothroyd. What chance of any quality there?

I was amazed Jones even took the job. He's not a bad manager - does at least want to play attacking football but most managers would struggle there.

To be honest, it's not really a surprise Stelling doesn't rant about how the club is funded.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Dave Jones on 22:14 - Apr 22 with 4085 viewsdickythorpe

Poor show from Jeff.

Jones is too good for Hartlepool.

But by feck he's eaten all the pies!!!!!
Dave Jones on 22:17 - Apr 22 with 4065 viewsblueytheblue

Dave Jones on 22:14 - Apr 22 by dickythorpe

Poor show from Jeff.

Jones needs a good assistant, always has.

Was superb with Terry Burton. When Burton left, not so much.

Dave Jones on 22:18 - Apr 22 with 4053 viewsNeathJack

Dave Jones on 23:31 - Apr 22 with 3895 viewsKilkennyjack

Dave Jones on 22:18 - Apr 22 by NeathJack

Cheer up Davey Jones ......

Crap manager at any level.
I thought he held Cardiff back for years, so gutted when he left.

Beware of the Risen People

Dave Jones on 10:19 - Apr 23 with 3656 viewsUxbridge

Dave Jones on 22:12 - Apr 22 by blueytheblue

Not his level?

He's right about that, to be fair, consistently coached at a far higher level.

Stelling's rant was utterly unprofessional and almost certainly scripted. His "look at me, I'm a real football fan honest" act has got grating.

Hartlepool have throughout their entire history done the square root of sweet FA. They've no money, no players. Jones for us was able to get players in like Chopra, Bothroyd. What chance of any quality there?

I was amazed Jones even took the job. He's not a bad manager - does at least want to play attacking football but most managers would struggle there.

To be honest, it's not really a surprise Stelling doesn't rant about how the club is funded.

You do Stelling a disservice there, as I know he's getting involved with their Trust to try and sort out the mess there.

As for Jones, always did have an ego but then you have to in that game. Never did help himself though.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Dave Jones on 10:24 - Apr 23 with 3645 viewsWhiterockin

It would be ironic if Newport put him out of the league.
Dave Jones on 10:33 - Apr 23 with 3615 viewsStarsky

It's a fantastic great escape if Newport pull it off. Very similar to Hartlepool escape 2 years ago

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

Dave Jones on 10:35 - Apr 23 with 3596 viewsblueytheblue

Dave Jones on 10:19 - Apr 23 by Uxbridge

You do Stelling a disservice there, as I know he's getting involved with their Trust to try and sort out the mess there.

As for Jones, always did have an ego but then you have to in that game. Never did help himself though.

It's not hard to understand why Jones is a prickly character based upon everything that happened, especially what played out in the media.

Had the team playing some of the best football I've seen in years, albeit unable to get over the line - however, took us from having 12 professionals, having to get the likes of Jermaine Darlington in just to get numbers to being stable in the Championship.

He's a good manager. Not great, like I said, needs a good assistant.

Stelling should reflect upon the fact Hartlepool is a sh*t club with no divine right to remain in the league structure.

Dave Jones on 10:39 - Apr 23 with 3584 viewsJack_Meoff

Dave Jones on 22:14 - Apr 22 by dickythorpe

Poor show from Jeff.

Pies by feck, looks like he's eaten all the subs!

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Dave Jones on 11:36 - Apr 23 with 3476 viewsUxbridge

Dave Jones on 10:35 - Apr 23 by blueytheblue

It's not hard to understand why Jones is a prickly character based upon everything that happened, especially what played out in the media.

Had the team playing some of the best football I've seen in years, albeit unable to get over the line - however, took us from having 12 professionals, having to get the likes of Jermaine Darlington in just to get numbers to being stable in the Championship.

He's a good manager. Not great, like I said, needs a good assistant.

Stelling should reflect upon the fact Hartlepool is a sh*t club with no divine right to remain in the league structure.

Have to say, I find the belittling of a nice club like Hartlepool a bit unnecessary. So what if they've never troubled the top flight? Neither have Cardiff for as long as anyone can remember, even when they were in it! Passionate football fan shocker.

As for Jones, indeed it isn't but his prickly demeanour will have consequences, especially if he hints he's too good for them anyway. Everyone loves being patronised.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Dave Jones on 11:41 - Apr 23 with 3463 viewsblueytheblue

Dave Jones on 11:36 - Apr 23 by Uxbridge

Have to say, I find the belittling of a nice club like Hartlepool a bit unnecessary. So what if they've never troubled the top flight? Neither have Cardiff for as long as anyone can remember, even when they were in it! Passionate football fan shocker.

As for Jones, indeed it isn't but his prickly demeanour will have consequences, especially if he hints he's too good for them anyway. Everyone loves being patronised.

It's not really belittling.

It's more the reality that Hartlepool have traditionally never done anything, never achieved anything. Stelling clearly seems to believe Hartlepool have a divine right not to be relegated, which based upon their history is farcical.

Can agree somewhat with the latter.It's not helped by Stelling abusing his TV position to throw him under the bus - when trying to stay up the last thing you need is a TV presenter destabiising things.

Dave Jones on 11:48 - Apr 23 with 3446 viewsDafyddHuw

Always had a soft spot for Jones ever since he was sacked by Southampton over that awful non-paedo nonsense. What a disgusting club, who treated their manager disgracefully. Everything was a downward spiral for him after that.
Dave Jones on 12:08 - Apr 23 with 3401 viewsmonmouth

Dave Jones on 11:48 - Apr 23 by DafyddHuw

Always had a soft spot for Jones ever since he was sacked by Southampton over that awful non-paedo nonsense. What a disgusting club, who treated their manager disgracefully. Everything was a downward spiral for him after that.

I've had a soft spot for him for building the wonderful Cardiff Bottling Machine, a model of efficiency of it's type unlikely to be bettered.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Dave Jones on 14:53 - Apr 24 with 3000 viewsDarran

lol

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/hartlepool-united/billy-paynter-i

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Dave Jones on 14:58 - Apr 24 with 2990 viewsblueytheblue

Paynter is a grade A gobshite - apparently one of those told they'd not be given a new contract at the club the next season.

The club, in January sold three first team players and loaned a number out. I'd say that handicapped Jones quite a bit.

Hartlepool have flirted with relegation the last few seasons. They've fired manager after manager... same things continue onwards.

Jones has his flaws certainly but the club certainly made his job far more difficult. Stelling was utterly unprofessional.

Two games left. Two points off safety. Ridiculous to fire Jones now.

Dave Jones on 14:59 - Apr 24 with 2982 viewsperchrockjack

Snelling well out of order

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Dave Jones on 15:01 - Apr 24 with 2976 viewsblueytheblue

Indeed, perchie.

It bears noting that since Stelling got "officially" involved with the club, they've flirted with relegation into non-league.

Yeah, it's all down to Jones...

Dave Jones on 15:36 - Apr 24 with 2936 viewsNorth_Bank_Bogs

Bollocks, Stelling had an avenue to vent and did. Good on him. Bit of passion in a sea of banality is never unwelcome
Dave Jones on 15:42 - Apr 24 with 2916 viewsblueytheblue

Bollocks.

Hartlepool have been poor for the last few seasons, just about avoiding relegation.

Stelling's an idiot who completely unprofessionally made the managers job untenable when with two games left they aren't down, with a squad where players have been sold off, loaned out by the board without any quality even at that level coming in.

Maybe the person who had been at the club longer than Jones should look at his own involvement before pointing the finger.

Dave Jones on 15:45 - Apr 24 with 2906 viewsNorth_Bank_Bogs

Bollocks, Bollocks

I don't see anything wrong in what Stelling did. Host of a show in gives opinion shocker...
Dave Jones on 15:54 - Apr 24 with 2887 viewsblueytheblue

"Jones is having a bit of a shocker" is an opinion.

"For gods sake go" is somewhat more than an opinion, it's a TV presenter using his position as a TV presenter broadcasting to however many watching a rant undermining a manager, making the position untenable knowing full well said manager doesn't have as effective an option for right of reply.

EDIT: As Jones rightly pointed out, how many managers have they got rid off during Stelling's involvement with the club? What state is the club in?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 15:55]

Dave Jones on 17:15 - Apr 24 with 2825 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I saw Stelling's 'rant' and immediately thought it was hugely scripted and deliberate, designed to try and further his 'football celebrity' status. It certainly made me think of him in a different manner. Designed to appeal to 'pwopa football fans'. Anyone with half a brain could see right through it.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Dave Jones on 17:19 - Apr 24 with 2816 viewslondonlisa2001

Dave Jones on 17:15 - Apr 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I saw Stelling's 'rant' and immediately thought it was hugely scripted and deliberate, designed to try and further his 'football celebrity' status. It certainly made me think of him in a different manner. Designed to appeal to 'pwopa football fans'. Anyone with half a brain could see right through it.

No wonder you did then Dwight
Dave Jones on 17:26 - Apr 24 with 2809 viewsattila_the_hun

"I'm Free"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024