Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dave Jones 22:04 - Apr 22 with 5158 viewsDarran

lol

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/hartlepool-united/hartlepool-unit

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Dave Jones on 17:36 - Apr 24 with 980 viewsPURe_Evil

Jeff is obviously passionate about Hartlepool, I wouldn't call it scripted but hes obviously been thinking about that for some time - and that result pushed him over the edge.

i think its great he spoke out.
Dave Jones on 17:43 - Apr 24 with 972 viewsblueytheblue

Getting someone the sack, wonderful. Such a great man is Stelling. Ranted knowing full well Jones would be gone as a result.

Hartlepool have no money, no players. Stelling knew full well three first teamers had been sold in Jan, players loaned out without quality coming into the squad. Funnily enough, he failed to caveat his rant with that salient fact.

Hartlepool have tiptoed around relegation the last few years; Ronnie Moore achieved a miracle keeping them up in 2014 from 10 points adrift, fired in 2016. Can't recall Stelling ranting about how unfairly Moore had been treated, eh? Stelling appears to believe his beloved Hartlepool have a divine right to remain in the league.

Laughing saying league 2 isn't his level? When Jones took us over, he had 12 full time pros. Like him or not, relegation beckoned from the Championship but he kept us up, in mid table. We stabilised in the Championship, cup final run, became contenders under Jones - couldn't get us over the line, sure, but he's a good manager. Not great, but good.

Stelling is an idiot who has caused someone to lose their job. That's to be applauded as a "passionate fan"? F*ck him. Since Stelling is so great, let him manage for the last two games. No doubt if Hartlepool lose both that'll still be the fault of Jones...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Dave Jones on 17:45 - Apr 24 with 969 viewsPURe_Evil

Dave Jones on 17:43 - Apr 24 by blueytheblue

Getting someone the sack, wonderful. Such a great man is Stelling. Ranted knowing full well Jones would be gone as a result.

Hartlepool have no money, no players. Stelling knew full well three first teamers had been sold in Jan, players loaned out without quality coming into the squad. Funnily enough, he failed to caveat his rant with that salient fact.

Hartlepool have tiptoed around relegation the last few years; Ronnie Moore achieved a miracle keeping them up in 2014 from 10 points adrift, fired in 2016. Can't recall Stelling ranting about how unfairly Moore had been treated, eh? Stelling appears to believe his beloved Hartlepool have a divine right to remain in the league.

Laughing saying league 2 isn't his level? When Jones took us over, he had 12 full time pros. Like him or not, relegation beckoned from the Championship but he kept us up, in mid table. We stabilised in the Championship, cup final run, became contenders under Jones - couldn't get us over the line, sure, but he's a good manager. Not great, but good.

Stelling is an idiot who has caused someone to lose their job. That's to be applauded as a "passionate fan"? F*ck him. Since Stelling is so great, let him manage for the last two games. No doubt if Hartlepool lose both that'll still be the fault of Jones...

So you think Dave Jones was doing a good job at Hartlepool?
Dave Jones on 17:48 - Apr 24 with 963 viewsattila_the_hun

30 year old Matthew Bates is Caretaker manager for the last two games, swans nearly signed him years ago.
DYI Meat Loaf is a Hartlepool fan and by the looks of it Dave Jones is a big fan of Meatloaf

"I'm Free"

Dave Jones on 17:53 - Apr 24 with 955 viewsblueytheblue

Dave Jones on 17:45 - Apr 24 by PURe_Evil

So you think Dave Jones was doing a good job at Hartlepool?

Define "good job" for Hartlepool.

Moore achieved a miracle, they were 10 points adrift in 2014. You can't expect that every single time after all. They lost players in Jan transfer window, didn't replace them. Their squad was full of players Jones hadn't brought in, players not good enough.

One of Jones' flaws is his man management of players, I'll give you that - he's no Warnock. Hartlepool have been around the bottom for years - that shows there's something endemic about the club. It's been swirling around the toilet bowl after flushing for a while now, it's about to go down into the sewers...

The question isn't "Was Dave Jones doing a good job at Hartlepool", more "Was there a manager out there who wanted to manage Hartlepool who would do any better in the circumstances". I'd say chances are not really.

Regardless of if you think Jones was doing a good job... the issue is an "official" in Hartlepool decided to give a live, public rant that he knew would lead to Jones being sacked, knowing full well Jones had no right of reply, knowing the full circumstances of the Hartlepool job. It was grandstanding to show everyone what a great, real fan Stelling is.

EDIT: Not a lawyer, thankfully due to having a soul, but given the "mutual consent" reason was given, I'm wondering if Jones would have a case for unfair / constructive dismissal based upon Stelling's rant.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 17:55]

Dave Jones on 17:57 - Apr 24 with 947 viewsPURe_Evil

Dave Jones on 17:53 - Apr 24 by blueytheblue

Define "good job" for Hartlepool.

Moore achieved a miracle, they were 10 points adrift in 2014. You can't expect that every single time after all. They lost players in Jan transfer window, didn't replace them. Their squad was full of players Jones hadn't brought in, players not good enough.

One of Jones' flaws is his man management of players, I'll give you that - he's no Warnock. Hartlepool have been around the bottom for years - that shows there's something endemic about the club. It's been swirling around the toilet bowl after flushing for a while now, it's about to go down into the sewers...

The question isn't "Was Dave Jones doing a good job at Hartlepool", more "Was there a manager out there who wanted to manage Hartlepool who would do any better in the circumstances". I'd say chances are not really.

Regardless of if you think Jones was doing a good job... the issue is an "official" in Hartlepool decided to give a live, public rant that he knew would lead to Jones being sacked, knowing full well Jones had no right of reply, knowing the full circumstances of the Hartlepool job. It was grandstanding to show everyone what a great, real fan Stelling is.

EDIT: Not a lawyer, thankfully due to having a soul, but given the "mutual consent" reason was given, I'm wondering if Jones would have a case for unfair / constructive dismissal based upon Stelling's rant.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 17:55]

If you are in the relegation zone, I'd suggest that its not a good job.
Dave Jones on 18:00 - Apr 24 with 944 viewsblueytheblue

Dave Jones on 17:57 - Apr 24 by PURe_Evil

If you are in the relegation zone, I'd suggest that its not a good job.

Based upon the clusterf*ck the Hartlepool job is, what on earth do you expect?

For Hartlepool to be clear of the relegation zone would need a great job, not a good job. The squad has been run down for ages.

Regardless, that's not the issue.

The issue is the actions Stelling took.

Dave Jones on 18:45 - Apr 24 with 928 viewsPURe_Evil

Dave Jones on 18:00 - Apr 24 by blueytheblue

Based upon the clusterf*ck the Hartlepool job is, what on earth do you expect?

For Hartlepool to be clear of the relegation zone would need a great job, not a good job. The squad has been run down for ages.

Regardless, that's not the issue.

The issue is the actions Stelling took.

Ok agreed, it was slightly unprofessional.
Login to get fewer ads

Dave Jones on 19:06 - Apr 24 with 911 viewsStarsky

Dave Jones on 17:48 - Apr 24 by attila_the_hun

30 year old Matthew Bates is Caretaker manager for the last two games, swans nearly signed him years ago.
DYI Meat Loaf is a Hartlepool fan and by the looks of it Dave Jones is a big fan of Meatloaf

Was he the crocked Middlesbrough centre half at the time?

It's just the internet, init.

Dave Jones on 21:38 - Apr 24 with 861 viewsSgorioFruit

Dave Jones on 17:48 - Apr 24 by attila_the_hun

I don't care for Stellings stunt nor do I care for Davey Jones.
This is what concerns me.
Are Hartlepool already finished, or will their players put up a good fight in the last two games for the new caretaker manager.

Newport County HAVE to survive this horrid season.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Dave Jones on 01:27 - Apr 25 with 784 viewsLoyal

Dave Jones on 22:18 - Apr 22 by NeathJack

I used to like Jeff, but like many of these types he thinks he is unaccountable and can say what he likes.
I never liked Dave Jones and dont belief his smoke and fire bollox but if I was him I would knock the cnt out. Abuse of his position.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Dave Jones on 04:32 - Apr 25 with 757 viewsChief

Why should Stelling be allowed to sound off about his club on national television, very few others get through opportunity to. As for Bates, lucky escape, got repeated injured after Boro rejected our bids, hence where he is now.
As for Jones, take the rough with the smooth, bet he was hired on a ticket of 'I've managed at a much higher level, bla bla", expect to fall on your sword if it doesn't work

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Dave Jones on 10:47 - Apr 25 with 692 viewsBloodyhills

We've got our own shit to worry about.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Dave Jones on 10:52 - Apr 25 with 688 viewsBloodyhills

We've only just got past Easter and now it seems Christmas has come early and Snelling is auditioning for a role as pantomime (drama) queen.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024