Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? 23:54 - Apr 22 with 1560 viewsLoyal

I neve saw Bob, but I think he is the closest thing we have had at the top table along with Llorente.
For me Llorente is the finest striker number nine we have had in my Swansea history.
For the old boys on here - Does he compare ?

PS - No need to mention of Michu, he was just a jewel. And a midfielder.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 23:55]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 23:57 - Apr 22 with 1546 viewslondonlisa2001

No.

I like him though.
Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 23:59 - Apr 22 with 1533 viewsLoyal

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 23:57 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

No.

I like him though.

But he is a Spanish international, World Cup winner.
Did Bob do what he has done for us in the season we went down ?
I appreciate greatly your thoughts Lisa as a long term and very intelligent swans fan btw.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 0:02]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 23:59 - Apr 22 with 1533 viewsdickythorpe

Fûck me!!!!! Llorente is the laziest I've seen.
To see Bony warm up today after being not named in their match day squad was an education.

Llorente is not a man I'd want in the trenches alongside me. Like a temperamental racehorse he'll only produce when conditions suit.

Whatever happens I do not want him or Ki in a white shirt next season.
Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 00:01 - Apr 23 with 1525 viewsLoyal

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 23:59 - Apr 22 by dickythorpe

To see Bony warm up today after being not named in their match day squad was an education.

Llorente is not a man I'd want in the trenches alongside me. Like a temperamental racehorse he'll only produce when conditions suit.

He knows where the goal is.
An afterthought signing who scores goals when his team wins, and many winning goals.
Just being talkative mind.

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 00:02 - Apr 23 with 1519 viewsperchrockjack

Latch ford scored 30

Wasn't as lazy as some thought

Great striker for us who was with us for two short a time

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 00:03 - Apr 23 with 1517 viewsLoyal

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 23:59 - Apr 22 by dickythorpe

A proper manager would have started him, they may have won the game.

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 00:04 - Apr 23 with 1509 viewsGeoffThom

For the record Michu wore number 9.
As for compering,two diffrent players at diffrent times
Lorente has won it all latch didn't ,but latch really knew we're the back of the net was ,would have liked Llorente a couple of seasons ago maybe with Michu ,now that would have been good?
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 0:05]
Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 00:17 - Apr 23 with 1476 viewslondonlisa2001

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 23:59 - Apr 22 by Loyal

But he is a Spanish international, World Cup winner.
Did Bob do what he has done for us in the season we went down ?
I appreciate greatly your thoughts Lisa as a long term and very intelligent swans fan btw.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 0:02]

As I said I like Llorente. But Latchford dominated defences in a way that Llorente doesn't. Maybe he would have a couple of years ago.

Also Latchford had a better touch, and tended to link play better - he laid on a lot of goals as well as scoring them himself.

Wonderful centre forward.
Login to get fewer ads

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 00:26 - Apr 23 with 1453 viewslifelong

Bob Latchford was much more mobile than Llorente is.

Apart from the goal today I thought Llorente had a very poor game.
Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 00:31 - Apr 23 with 1436 viewsperchrockjack

Fair point Roger

See ,we can do it

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 03:18 - Apr 23 with 1355 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I preferred Bony. He was far better at holding up play and bringing others into the game. Llorente just seems to get on the end of moves rather than help in their build up too.

Llorente has been fine for us though. Just needs one more to tie with Grahams tally in his first season with us.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 04:14 - Apr 23 with 1337 viewsdameedna

Waddle Toshack latchford trundle graham michu bony llorente baston Ayew

Llorente would be most like Toshack

Latchford most like bony or michu

Toshack was a bit past it, bob was getting on a bit and so is llorente

Llorente is little slower ans less mobile than latchford

You could not keep latchford out as he was an all round but llorente has done well and latchford had better service

For his success in the game llorente is the best striker we have had since the mid 70s

But bob stored 30 and was a long way ahead Toshack was lucky to get him and he was a complete game changer

Toshack was the best header of the ball imo 1 Toshack 2 bob 3 llorente

Bob stored with his head from the edge of the box in one game it was better than stanleys wonder goal against city I think
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 4:16]
Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 07:50 - Apr 23 with 1199 viewsmonmouth

Latchford was much better. Chalk and cheese. Toshack was a much better player than Llorente but didn't play in the top league for us. Bony was better than Llorente for that short time with us too.

He's the best we have this season though, and probably for the forseeable future.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 08:35 - Apr 23 with 1139 viewsKilkennyjack

latchford was a powerhouse of a player.
Strong mobile and an eye for goal.

An england centre forward when that meant something.

5 goals in 12 games for England.
Over 200 games for Everton and over 100 goals.

The best i think - but just a very short time with us, like Bony.

Beware of the Risen People

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 09:11 - Apr 23 with 1092 viewsoldcob

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 03:18 - Apr 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I preferred Bony. He was far better at holding up play and bringing others into the game. Llorente just seems to get on the end of moves rather than help in their build up too.

Llorente has been fine for us though. Just needs one more to tie with Grahams tally in his first season with us.

Gosh, Dwight talking sense on football.
Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 09:30 - Apr 23 with 1047 viewsDr_Winston

Bony is the finest striker I've seen in a Swansea shirt.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 10:20 - Apr 23 with 995 viewsPegojack

Llorente is an undoubted asset for us, a great header of the ball and good at holding his own against burly centre backs when the ball is pumped up to him from the back, but I'm always struck by just how unfit he looks in open play.

How much is that injury he's carrying affecting him, or is that just as good as he gets? After about twenty minutes yesterday, he was running around like a sixty year old man with arthritis.
Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 10:48 - Apr 23 with 956 viewsStarsky

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 04:14 - Apr 23 by dameedna

You could not keep latchford out as he was an all round but llorente has done well and latchford had better service

For his success in the game llorente is the best striker we have had since the mid 70s

But bob stored 30 and was a long way ahead Toshack was lucky to get him and he was a complete game changer

Bob stored with his head from the edge of the box in one game it was better than stanleys wonder goal against city I think

This

It's just the internet, init.

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 10:50 - Apr 23 with 950 viewsDr_Winston

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 04:14 - Apr 23 by dameedna

How easily Jason Scotland gets overlooked again.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 11:01 - Apr 23 with 914 viewsPrivate_Partz

HE is getting there. Michu was different gravy but the best to ever pull on a Swansea shirt IMHO.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 11:14 - Apr 23 with 889 viewsJokeren1943

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 00:26 - Apr 23 by lifelong

Bob Latchford was much more mobile than Llorente is.

Apart from the goal today I thought Llorente had a very poor game.

Llorente can be as lazy as he wants too (yesterday) as long as he scores 1-2 goals every time.
Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 12:33 - Apr 23 with 829 viewsdameedna

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 10:50 - Apr 23 by Dr_Winston

How easily Jason Scotland gets overlooked again.

Was thinking of lawrence for some reason who was a striker initially.

My list was pretty random I did think of watkin who was better than Baston so far but it was mainly about llorente. I couldnt include torpey though. Lol

On Jason I had a big tiff on here when I said he would score 20 goals
Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 12:45 - Apr 23 with 811 viewsLoyal

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 00:04 - Apr 23 by GeoffThom

For the record Michu wore number 9.
As for compering,two diffrent players at diffrent times
Lorente has won it all latch didn't ,but latch really knew we're the back of the net was ,would have liked Llorente a couple of seasons ago maybe with Michu ,now that would have been good?
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 0:05]

For the record he was a midfielder.
I'm talking about a traditional number 9.
In a time where players can be number 56 or 97 it matters not regards pedantics.

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 12:48 - Apr 23 with 808 viewsLoyal

Llorente ? Up there with Latchford ? on 11:01 - Apr 23 by Private_Partz

HE is getting there. Michu was different gravy but the best to ever pull on a Swansea shirt IMHO.

Swansea City fact.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024