Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Probably a stupid Sky tv question 10:48 - Apr 23 with 1523 viewsDarran

If you get a new decoder box thingy do the things you've recorded on your old decoder box thingy appear on the new decoder box thingy?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 10:49 - Apr 23 with 1520 viewsjackharris

At a guess Dar, I would think not.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 10:53 - Apr 23 with 1508 viewsDarran

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 10:49 - Apr 23 by jackharris

At a guess Dar, I would think not.

Yeah I was thinking that but if you've say recorded a film off Sky Movies and you change your package and get rid of Sky Movies you can no longer watch the film you've recorded.
Cuńts got you all ways.

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 10:55 - Apr 23 with 1501 viewsDr_Winston

Get an android box.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 10:57 - Apr 23 with 1497 viewsjackharris

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 10:53 - Apr 23 by Darran

Yeah I was thinking that but if you've say recorded a film off Sky Movies and you change your package and get rid of Sky Movies you can no longer watch the film you've recorded.
Cuńts got you all ways.

Exactly, they know how to make serious money from their truly loyal customers who don't get dodgy TV systems. I have the play off final on my box from 2011 and it is the greatest 4 hours of TV ever I will hate it if I lose that. I would have to get Steve the Jack to do me a DVD of it.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 11:00 - Apr 23 with 1489 viewsblueytheblue

No, because you've got different hard drives in the different boxes.

If you were minded to do so, you can copy from one hard drive to another which should copy recordings over.

Not sure what would happen if you record a movie then drop Sky Movies - not sure if it checks you've a valid subscription for that on recordings.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 11:18 - Apr 23 with 1468 viewsDarran

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 11:00 - Apr 23 by blueytheblue

If you were minded to do so, you can copy from one hard drive to another which should copy recordings over.

Not sure what would happen if you record a movie then drop Sky Movies - not sure if it checks you've a valid subscription for that on recordings.

So is there anyway I can get something of the current decoder box thingy on to a disc?

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 11:27 - Apr 23 with 1458 viewsblueytheblue

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 11:18 - Apr 23 by Darran

So is there anyway I can get something of the current decoder box thingy on to a disc?

Not sure. You could copy the files to DVD disk, sure, but it would almost certainly be a proprietry format meaning DVD players couldn't play it.

Only thing I know of but haven't done personally is copying from the hard drive in one SKy box to a hard drive in another Sky box.

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 11:30 - Apr 23 with 1451 viewsDarran

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 11:27 - Apr 23 by blueytheblue

Not sure. You could copy the files to DVD disk, sure, but it would almost certainly be a proprietry format meaning DVD players couldn't play it.

Only thing I know of but haven't done personally is copying from the hard drive in one SKy box to a hard drive in another Sky box.

Great fuçking help you are.

Login to get fewer ads

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 11:31 - Apr 23 with 1450 viewsDarran

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 10:55 - Apr 23 by Dr_Winston

Get an android box.

It's a completely different subject mun.

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 13:01 - Apr 23 with 1398 viewsstevethejack

You can put the hard drive from your old box into your new box, however the new hard drive they supply with a new box is likely to be much bigger, so something you would most likely want to eventually move to.

Regarding making copies of stuff on your old box. A DVD recorder connected via scart lead to the sky box will allow you to put films etc on to discs.

Second option is probably the best, then it's a straight swap with Sky boxes.
Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 13:02 - Apr 23 with 1395 viewsblueytheblue

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 13:01 - Apr 23 by stevethejack

You can put the hard drive from your old box into your new box, however the new hard drive they supply with a new box is likely to be much bigger, so something you would most likely want to eventually move to.

Regarding making copies of stuff on your old box. A DVD recorder connected via scart lead to the sky box will allow you to put films etc on to discs.

You don't need to swap drives, you can copy the contents.

http://www.skycopyplus.co.uk/

Yeah, forgot you can copy to dvd recorder, silly me.

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 14:58 - Apr 23 with 1324 viewsDarran

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 13:01 - Apr 23 by stevethejack

Thank you Steve and I'll ignore the useless twàt Bluey.

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 17:57 - Apr 23 with 1270 viewsDewi1jack

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 11:18 - Apr 23 by Darran

Short answer yes.
Sky box through a DVD recorder to TV
I have highlights from the Sky hour/ game of the day from of our first couple of seasons.
Lost a load when our old Sky box knackered and the so called responsible adult let the engineer take it with him- was going to strip out the hard drive and copy it.

Once you cancel a subscription though you're right- you lose the film/ football whatever until you renew the subs.
B'stards for that.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 18:01 - Apr 23 with 1266 viewsDarran

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 17:57 - Apr 23 by Dewi1jack

Short answer yes.
Sky box through a DVD recorder to TV
I have highlights from the Sky hour/ game of the day from of our first couple of seasons.
Lost a load when our old Sky box knackered and the so called responsible adult let the engineer take it with him- was going to strip out the hard drive and copy it.

Once you cancel a subscription though you're right- you lose the film/ football whatever until you renew the subs.
B'stards for that.

Thanks Mate.

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 18:42 - Apr 23 with 1224 viewsmorningstar

I've got what's called a 'Betamax video recorder', you simply put in a cassette, it looks like one of those cassettes you put in your stereo but bigger if you know what i mean. But it allows me to record and keep all the programmes i want, and if i don't want that particular one anymore i can record something else over it. One of them you need. Hope this helps.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 19:16 - Apr 23 with 1192 viewsLoyal

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 10:53 - Apr 23 by Darran

Cuńts got you all ways.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 19:22 - Apr 23 with 1177 viewsDr_Winston

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 19:16 - Apr 23 by Loyal

Exactly.

Sky Movies? Heh.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 20:11 - Apr 23 with 1149 viewsDarran

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 19:22 - Apr 23 by Dr_Winston

Exactly.

Sky Movies? Heh.

It's still completely irrelevant to my question Jamie.

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 20:50 - Apr 23 with 1112 viewsLoyal

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 20:11 - Apr 23 by Darran

It's still completely irrelevant to my question Jamie.

Actually it's not.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 21:02 - Apr 23 with 1105 viewsDarran

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 20:50 - Apr 23 by Loyal

Actually it's not.

Yes it is I've got some personal family things on my planner like a tattoo show and my wife on the Welsh News in Nick Cleggs house.

Now thank you for trying to help but just go away and have a wańk or something.

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 21:17 - Apr 23 with 1092 viewsjack2jack

Has it got a usb connector on your old box,if it has job done,mind you i know fvck all about sky,just trying g to help, taxi
Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 22:38 - Apr 23 with 1064 viewsEbo

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 11:00 - Apr 23 by blueytheblue

If you have a recording off a channel like Sky Sports or Films and you drop those channels, they stay on your HD but you can no longer watch them until you renew your subscription to those channels.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 22:40 - Apr 23 with 1061 viewsblueytheblue

Probably a stupid Sky tv question on 21:02 - Apr 23 by Darran

Yes it is I've got some personal family things on my planner like a tattoo show and my wife on the Welsh News in Nick Cleggs house.

Now thank you for trying to help but just go away and have a wańk or something.

I'll bite.

What was your wife doing in Nick Cleggs house?

Assuming she wasn't breaking in and stealing, that's one of the most random comments I've seen here.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024