Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Voting tactically against the Tories 12:20 - Apr 23 with 5474 viewsexiledclaseboy

That's what I'll be doing. This site shows you how. It'll probably make little difference but worth a try.

https://www.tactical2017.com

Poll: Tory leader

Voting tactically against the Tories on 13:44 - Apr 23 with 858 viewsexiledclaseboy

Voting tactically against the Tories on 13:12 - Apr 23 by Highjack

But if everyone who wants to vote lib dem votes labour then it's not allowing the lib dems to grow its vote, (which is not a bad thing) meaning that in the next election you'll be in the exact same situation "oh well the lib dems have no chance so I'm voting labour" and the cycle continues. It's this sort of narrow minded pettiness that leads to a two party state.

You're missing the point rather spectacularly fair play. It's first past the post that perpetuates the two party system, not limited tactical voting in certain marginal constituencies.

Voting tactically against the Tories on 13:49 - Apr 23 with 847 viewsJack_Meoff

Voting tactically against the Tories on 13:36 - Apr 23 by JackTheLad

You really think Corbyn is like the others? The left of the Labour party has been consistently on the right side of history. Thatchers famous words on her biggest achievement as PM "Tony Blair and New Labour"... most of the party are red tory but the left, no.

Check his voting records and others, the only way to accurately see what a politican is all about.

My rant was more about FPTP than Corbyn. I don't actually mind him. His policies are only extreme in this country because we've been 'nudged' rightward over the last few decades. (Good work Behavioural Insights Team!) They wouldn't be seen as such in, for example, France or Norway.

Unfortunately we as a people will continue to view the country through the prism of billionaire newspaper owners who want things to remain the same. So we're basically f*cked.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Voting tactically against the Tories on 13:56 - Apr 23 with 834 viewsblueytheblue

So when even the Mirror print an article based upon a poll THEY commissioned showing Labour voters don't believe he will win, when young voters don't believe he will win... it's all those damn billionaires!

Labourites pilloried Trump yet copy the same mantra espoused by Trump - crooked media, rigged system, elites controlling things... it's as if Corbyn has no ideas whatsoever.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Voting tactically against the Tories on 13:57 - Apr 23 with 834 viewsHighjack

Voting tactically against the Tories on 13:44 - Apr 23 by exiledclaseboy

You're missing the point rather spectacularly fair play. It's first past the post that perpetuates the two party system, not limited tactical voting in certain marginal constituencies.

Its both.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Voting tactically against the Tories on 14:01 - Apr 23 with 825 viewsexiledclaseboy

Voting tactically against the Tories on 13:57 - Apr 23 by Highjack

Its both.

No it isn't. In fact, such tactical voting will also increase the LibDem vote in constituencies where they are the main challenger to the Tories. The LibDems would gain nothing from me voting for them in Gower but coukd gain a seat in, for example, Eastbourne where they need a few hundred Labour voters to vote for them instead.

Voting tactically against the Tories on 14:31 - Apr 23 with 797 viewsepaul

Voting tactically against the Tories on 13:19 - Apr 23 by JackTheLad

Why don't people just accept that Corbyn is the only politician with a hope in hell of being PM who has that essential part of his soul still intact that means you have empathy for people who are struggling?

Reading newspapers and watching the BBC does not make you informed, it makes you uninformed! They lie about him daily because he threatens the people writing the story and their masters...

Would love to see people break free from the nazi style brainwashing they've endured from an early age and see how realistically he is the only option - an absolute gent with fantastic policies, unspun and cannot be bought. The right wing morons on this forum will not agree of course - the same ones who will be voting for tedious Theresa
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 13:20]

Well said

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Voting tactically against the Tories on 15:08 - Apr 23 with 781 viewsHighjack

Voting tactically against the Tories on 14:01 - Apr 23 by exiledclaseboy

No it isn't. In fact, such tactical voting will also increase the LibDem vote in constituencies where they are the main challenger to the Tories. The LibDems would gain nothing from me voting for them in Gower but coukd gain a seat in, for example, Eastbourne where they need a few hundred Labour voters to vote for them instead.

What they would gain is an argument for the change to PR that you and they advocate. If they get millions of votes and hardly any seats that argument is strong, whereas if hardly get any votes and no seats it's a fair system.

If you want a change to PR you should vote Lib Dem and also hope for a good showing for UKIP and the greens. It's the only way that political pressure will grow for change if there is a significant percentage of the vote that isn't transferred into seats.

There is absolutely zero chance of ever changing to PR if people adopt the attitude that they should only vote labour or Tory because they are the only parties who can win.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Voting tactically against the Tories on 15:37 - Apr 23 with 772 viewsexiledclaseboy

Voting tactically against the Tories on 15:08 - Apr 23 by Highjack

What they would gain is an argument for the change to PR that you and they advocate. If they get millions of votes and hardly any seats that argument is strong, whereas if hardly get any votes and no seats it's a fair system.

If you want a change to PR you should vote Lib Dem and also hope for a good showing for UKIP and the greens. It's the only way that political pressure will grow for change if there is a significant percentage of the vote that isn't transferred into seats.

There is absolutely zero chance of ever changing to PR if people adopt the attitude that they should only vote labour or Tory because they are the only parties who can win.

The LibDems have been campaigning for PR for decades, regularly gaining 20%+ vote shares but nothing like 20% of the seats. The argument for PR is made and voting tactically in some marginal constituencies isn't going to bring about a change from FPTP. The Libdems and other parties like UKIP have been disadvantaged by FOTP for decades but Labour and the Tories won't countenance change because it's FPTP that perpetuates the two party hegemony, not tactical voting.

And your last sentence "only voting Labour or Tory because they're the only who can can win" is similarly facile, misleading and simplistic. That's not what I'm advocating. The anti-Tory tactical vote could go to Labour, LibDems, the SNP, Green, UKIP or Plaid Cymru depending on which party is best placed to challenge the Tories in any given constituency.

Login to get fewer ads

Voting tactically against the Tories on 15:41 - Apr 23 with 766 viewsDarran

In Neath you should vote Labour?

Blimey that's going to catch a few out.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:11 - Apr 23 with 745 viewsJackTheLad

Voting tactically against the Tories on 13:49 - Apr 23 by Jack_Meoff

My rant was more about FPTP than Corbyn. I don't actually mind him. His policies are only extreme in this country because we've been 'nudged' rightward over the last few decades. (Good work Behavioural Insights Team!) They wouldn't be seen as such in, for example, France or Norway.

Unfortunately we as a people will continue to view the country through the prism of billionaire newspaper owners who want things to remain the same. So we're basically f*cked.

A very refreshing post and good to see someone can see through the bias in the media... Epaul too, thank you for having some sense to question what we are told to think, shame about the majority on here though.. who believe the opinion polls from YouGov - the company founded by Tory Minister Nadhim Zahawi and former ConservativeHome owner Stephan Shakespeare.

Get your information from the many many other polls and you will see Corbyns Labour is actually averaging around the 60-70% mark.

The Mirror have remained loyal to their master Blair, if you pay very close attention like myself and Labour voters who remain loyal to Corbyn (600,000+ strong membership, the biggest of any political party in Europe!) You will see that Corbyn gets to about 80% then all of a sudden he's down to 10%.. completely fixed! But of course, I am mad to the (bizzare) Tory supporters on here.

[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 16:11]

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:17 - Apr 23 with 735 viewsperchrockjack

What is a "worker"

It follows then those who do really are vermin

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:17 - Apr 23 with 737 viewsrock1n

Meh this is classic left wing bs. Far more innovative to have some been impartial on a party basis and do it based on brexit viewpoints

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:18 - Apr 23 with 736 viewsJackTheLad

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:17 - Apr 23 by perchrockjack

What is a "worker"

It follows then those who do really are vermin

In English please?

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:21 - Apr 23 with 722 viewsperchrockjack

Read again.

Who or what is a worker and if one becomes an employed manager of a workforce does that then make him a non worker.

What about the workers , Wolfie Smith

I ll be back later

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:22 - Apr 23 with 724 viewsrock1n

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:11 - Apr 23 by JackTheLad

A very refreshing post and good to see someone can see through the bias in the media... Epaul too, thank you for having some sense to question what we are told to think, shame about the majority on here though.. who believe the opinion polls from YouGov - the company founded by Tory Minister Nadhim Zahawi and former ConservativeHome owner Stephan Shakespeare.

Get your information from the many many other polls and you will see Corbyns Labour is actually averaging around the 60-70% mark.

The Mirror have remained loyal to their master Blair, if you pay very close attention like myself and Labour voters who remain loyal to Corbyn (600,000+ strong membership, the biggest of any political party in Europe!) You will see that Corbyn gets to about 80% then all of a sudden he's down to 10%.. completely fixed! But of course, I am mad to the (bizzare) Tory supporters on here.

[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 16:11]

This is a wind up right?

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:26 - Apr 23 with 719 viewsJackTheLad

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:22 - Apr 23 by rock1n

This is a wind up right?

Can you tell me which part is incorrect? hurts to know you've been lied to right?

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:31 - Apr 23 with 710 viewsblueytheblue

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:26 - Apr 23 by JackTheLad

Can you tell me which part is incorrect? hurts to know you've been lied to right?

All of it?

The Mirror one was ComRes not YouGov. Oops. Misguided rant there...

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:31 - Apr 23 with 710 viewsrock1n

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:26 - Apr 23 by JackTheLad

Everything, if you do believe that I fear for you come June 9th

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:33 - Apr 23 with 705 viewsblueytheblue

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:31 - Apr 23 by rock1n

Everything, if you do believe that I fear for you come June 9th

Nah, it's the Corbynistas tactic - why do you think Jezza has gone on about "media", "rigged system"?

When the wipeout happens, Corbynistas will deny it. All media lies, a rigged election. They've got their excuses in early.

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:35 - Apr 23 with 699 viewsexiledclaseboy

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:17 - Apr 23 by rock1n

Meh this is classic left wing bs. Far more innovative to have some been impartial on a party basis and do it based on brexit viewpoints

Which us incidentally what Blair has suggested today. Edit. Just seen the other thread.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 16:37]

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:36 - Apr 23 with 697 viewsrock1n

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:33 - Apr 23 by blueytheblue

Nah, it's the Corbynistas tactic - why do you think Jezza has gone on about "media", "rigged system"?

When the wipeout happens, Corbynistas will deny it. All media lies, a rigged election. They've got their excuses in early.

They really are a cult - it's almost fascinating

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:37 - Apr 23 with 694 viewsJackTheLad

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:31 - Apr 23 by blueytheblue

All of it?

The Mirror one was ComRes not YouGov. Oops. Misguided rant there...

Misguided rant or did you misinterpret what I wrote?
I didn't say the Mirror poll was made by YouGov? Oops.

All of it? So you are denying that the people who founded YouGov are Nadhim Zahawi and Stephan Shakespeare?

You're all making yourselves sound very silly

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:40 - Apr 23 with 690 viewsJackTheLad

Not often I agree with the man but spot on here

And a message for those who still give Tony Blair and his loyal lapdogs the time of day

[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 16:41]

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:41 - Apr 23 with 684 viewsblueytheblue

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:37 - Apr 23 by JackTheLad

Misguided rant or did you misinterpret what I wrote?
I didn't say the Mirror poll was made by YouGov? Oops.

All of it? So you are denying that the people who founded YouGov are Nadhim Zahawi and Stephan Shakespeare?

You're all making yourselves sound very silly

You highlighted YouGov.

Who founded ComRes? Are you ignorant with regards to that?

You cite "many other polls" whilst conveniently being able to name any of them.

Funny that.

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:45 - Apr 23 with 674 viewsblueytheblue

Voting tactically against the Tories on 16:40 - Apr 23 by JackTheLad

Not often I agree with the man but spot on here

And a message for those who still give Tony Blair and his loyal lapdogs the time of day

[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 16:41]

Delusional.

Corbyn's 70s political ideas haven't won an election since when?

As for the barking idea the Mirror is full of raging Blairites...

Hope the meds kick in soon.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024