Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley 16:03 - Apr 23 with 3858 viewsmagicdaps10

If we get our arse into gear, we can drag them into it.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Burnley on 16:09 - Apr 23 with 3332 viewsE20Jack

Nah they are fine

Palace away
WBA home
Bournemouth away
West Hame home

Already 36 points ahead with favourable GD.

1 solitary win and someone will need 40pts to go above them.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Burnley on 18:32 - Apr 23 with 3075 viewsWxmJax

I think West Ham could struggle to get any more points, Stoke and Burnley away with Spurs and Liverpool at home. Shows how costly that negative performance at their place was.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Burnley on 18:38 - Apr 23 with 3026 viewsmonmouth

It's us or Hull mun. Stop hurting yourself. There's only four games left and two of them are against significantly stronger team still in the hunt for league placing, where a point would be a great result. We need to win the other two and pray.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Burnley on 18:41 - Apr 23 with 2993 viewslonglostjack

Burnley on 18:32 - Apr 23 by WxmJax

I think West Ham could struggle to get any more points, Stoke and Burnley away with Spurs and Liverpool at home. Shows how costly that negative performance at their place was.

Exactly.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Burnley on 19:00 - Apr 23 with 2907 viewsmajorraglan

I think Burnley are clear and it's a straight shoot out between the Tigers and the Swans and that the cat will come out on top.

The MOTD pundits think Hull have a slightly easier run in, but Swansea have Man U away which is a tough one as is Everton at home, that leaves Sunderland away who will most likely be playing for pride and looking to do us over and West Brom who are no mugs. Hull have Southampton, Palace away and Sunderland and Spurs at home. I am not giving up hope, but it's not looking good.
Burnley on 21:08 - Apr 23 with 2719 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Burnley on 19:00 - Apr 23 by majorraglan

I think Burnley are clear and it's a straight shoot out between the Tigers and the Swans and that the cat will come out on top.

The MOTD pundits think Hull have a slightly easier run in, but Swansea have Man U away which is a tough one as is Everton at home, that leaves Sunderland away who will most likely be playing for pride and looking to do us over and West Brom who are no mugs. Hull have Southampton, Palace away and Sunderland and Spurs at home. I am not giving up hope, but it's not looking good.

i thought the pundits thought we had a slightlier easier run in but they still fancied hull to stay up

The single thing I'm holding on to is for 80% of the season the pundits have been wide of the mark

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Burnley on 21:11 - Apr 23 with 2710 viewsploppy

Burnley on 21:08 - Apr 23 by PatchesOHoulihan

i thought the pundits thought we had a slightlier easier run in but they still fancied hull to stay up

The single thing I'm holding on to is for 80% of the season the pundits have been wide of the mark

Correct. They fancied Hull to stay up because of their momentum.
Burnley on 21:31 - Apr 23 with 2654 viewsWxmJax

Here's another scenario.

West Brom go and win at Burnley who also lose their 2 remaining away fixtures, 36pts. West Ham lose all 3 games 38pts. Last Game, Burnley v West Ham. We just have to win 2 of our next three, 37pts, and it's in our own hands against West Brom.

Even if Burnley win one match, 39pts, as long as West Ham lose all 3 it will be 39pts playing 38pts with us on 37.

Clutching at straws I know but it's possible.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Login to get fewer ads

Burnley on 21:54 - Apr 23 with 2575 viewsE20Jack

Burnley on 21:31 - Apr 23 by WxmJax

Here's another scenario.

West Brom go and win at Burnley who also lose their 2 remaining away fixtures, 36pts. West Ham lose all 3 games 38pts. Last Game, Burnley v West Ham. We just have to win 2 of our next three, 37pts, and it's in our own hands against West Brom.

Even if Burnley win one match, 39pts, as long as West Ham lose all 3 it will be 39pts playing 38pts with us on 37.

Whenever this sort of post emerges then that usually spells doom.

Burnley on 22:00 - Apr 23 with 2553 viewsmorningstar

Burnley on 21:54 - Apr 23 by E20Jack

Whenever this sort of post emerges then that usually spells doom.

Like when? Go on, give an example?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Burnley on 23:46 - Apr 23 with 2421 viewsswans11

not even going to bother with other teams had radio with me saturday hull was drawing down to ten men we are winning all seemed good then get news hull scored felt deflated we score a 2nd hear another goal at Hull. and went flat again just going concentrate on us especially after palace beat Liverpool anyone can beat anyone still some hope
Burnley on 00:33 - Apr 24 with 2368 viewsmajorraglan

Burnley on 21:08 - Apr 23 by PatchesOHoulihan

You are correct, my apologies, I got it the wrong way round.
Burnley on 01:50 - Apr 24 with 2304 viewsLoyal

Burnley on 21:31 - Apr 23 by WxmJax

Here's another scenario.

This is very possible.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Burnley on 07:02 - Apr 24 with 2141 viewsswan65split

its us or Hull.....simples........and tbh its not looking good.
Burnley on 08:52 - Apr 24 with 1983 viewshammy

Hopefully the likes of Burnley and West Ham will stop picking up points and especially wins.

However, we need to concentrate on ourselves and catch Hull as quickly as possible. We need a win at Old Trafford on Sunday and hopefully Hull will have lost on Saturday at Southampton. We've done it before and ManUre with their fixtures and injuries should be there for the taking (well as much as they have been all season). Let's hope PC puts out a team similar to last Saturday, with possibly Olsson returning, and we get back to our old style of play and take it to them.

Another win for us would hugely boost our confidence; put pressure on Hull and make Burnley / West Ham very nervous. We need to be in the best position possible come the last game of the season.

Cmon YJBs !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Burnley on 10:47 - Apr 24 with 1885 viewsploppy

Burnley on 07:02 - Apr 24 by swan65split

its us or Hull.....simples........and tbh its not looking good.

I think you're right. Palace play Burnley on Saturday and a win would make them well safe - and that's if they don't beat Spurs in midweek. So, by the time Palace play Hull they could be on the beach. If Palace don't beat Burnley, then we've got a harder task of catching Burnley. Nightmare. It's like we need to sacrifice one of Burnley or Hull (as if it's up to us!) and hope we can catch the other. Hull is our best hope. So, Spurs to beat Palace, Burnley beat Palace, Man City beat Palace, Palace would need to beat (or at least draw) with Hull. Sunderland beat Boro, then go to Hull thinking they can survive. Hull lose to Southampton, and at home to Sunderland. And in a tragedy of Shakespearean proportions we fail to pick up the points we need. Bugger.
Burnley on 11:27 - Apr 24 with 1814 viewsbuilthjack

It's a 2 horser

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Burnley on 11:30 - Apr 24 with 1806 viewsploppy

Burnley on 11:27 - Apr 24 by builthjack

It's a 2 horser

Let's hope we don't come third, like Spurs last year.
Burnley on 12:33 - Apr 24 with 1721 viewsE20Jack

Burnley on 22:00 - Apr 23 by morningstar

Like when? Go on, give an example?

I remember when Cardiff were on 20 odd points, they were coming up with all sorts of crazy scenarios on how they may stay up if them x team y and team z lose all their matches, they win all their matches and they may survive on GD etc.

In fact take a look at any relegated side and you will see similar.

Burnley on 12:59 - Apr 24 with 1677 viewsploppy

Burnley on 12:33 - Apr 24 by E20Jack

I remember when Cardiff were on 20 odd points, they were coming up with all sorts of crazy scenarios on how they may stay up if them x team y and team z lose all their matches, they win all their matches and they may survive on GD etc.

In fact take a look at any relegated side and you will see similar.

Yes, but what you fail to realise is that we need to know what result we'd like from each remaining game (not just ours), so that we can affect the result when we watch it on TV or whatever. Shouting at the TV does affect the result, doesn't it?
Burnley on 16:10 - Apr 24 with 1537 viewsswan65split

Burnley on 10:47 - Apr 24 by ploppy

I think you're right. Palace play Burnley on Saturday and a win would make them well safe - and that's if they don't beat Spurs in midweek. So, by the time Palace play Hull they could be on the beach. If Palace don't beat Burnley, then we've got a harder task of catching Burnley. Nightmare. It's like we need to sacrifice one of Burnley or Hull (as if it's up to us!) and hope we can catch the other. Hull is our best hope. So, Spurs to beat Palace, Burnley beat Palace, Man City beat Palace, Palace would need to beat (or at least draw) with Hull. Sunderland beat Boro, then go to Hull thinking they can survive. Hull lose to Southampton, and at home to Sunderland. And in a tragedy of Shakespearean proportions we fail to pick up the points we need. Bugger.

Just done my head in reading that!!! lol

Lets just go for winning every game and hope for the best, better that way than biting our nails and bricking it.
Burnley on 16:58 - Apr 24 with 1488 viewsploppy

Burnley on 16:10 - Apr 24 by swan65split

Just done my head in reading that!!! lol

Lets just go for winning every game and hope for the best, better that way than biting our nails and bricking it.

Did my head in writing it! I agree "let's just go for winning every game", but it's not us on here that matters, unfortunately.
Burnley on 16:59 - Apr 24 with 1488 viewsSTID2017

If West Ham & Burnley both lose their next three games and we get two wins out of three, then it means we go into the WBA game knowing a win will keep us up.
Still a long way to go for so many sides above us, especially if we can get at least a draw on Sunday.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Burnley on 17:09 - Apr 24 with 1465 viewsepaul

It's simple

Hull
Lose to Soton and Palarse away
Beat S'land home
Lose Spurs home
36 points

Swans
Lose Manure
Draw Everton
Beat S'land
Beat Baggies
38 points

[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 17:19]

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Burnley on 17:12 - Apr 24 with 1457 viewslondonlisa2001

Burnley on 17:09 - Apr 24 by epaul

It's simple

Hull
Lose to Soton and Palarse away
Beat S'land home
Lose Spurs home
36 points

Swans
Lose Manure
Draw Everton
Beat S'land
Beat Baggies
38 points

[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 17:19]

They'd be on 37 and us on 38 Paul.

If we win three of the four, we'll stay up. Two wins and a draw MAY be enough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024