Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hull 10:12 - Apr 24 with 7317 viewsjack247

How are their fans viewing the run in? If they are looking at it as pessimisticallly as we seem to be, we have 3 reasonably winnable games, they have Southampton away on the weekend and potentially a title chasing Tottenham on the last day.

They probably think they need 3 wins from 4 as well.
Hull on 12:54 - Apr 24 with 1666 viewsjack247

Hull on 12:41 - Apr 24 by Swanjaxs

And 31points after 34 games sound a lot better doesn't it! Not being defeatist just trying to make the point that we have to somehow get our noses in front of a team that currently has better form than ourselves, personally i think we can do it as well 🖒 now is that optimistic enough ☺
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 12:42]

That's more the way I am looking at it. I think they arguably have the tougher games, though Palace and Tottenham may take their foot off the gas after being under a lot of pressure and suddenly having nothing to play for.

I expect both teams to lose this weekend, after that I think we have a reasonable chance of catching 2 points on them.

31 from 34 shows that there isn't much between the teams. Yes, they have picked up dramatically since Silva came in, but that run includes us under Guidolin and Bradley too.
Hull on 13:16 - Apr 24 with 1617 viewsmagicdaps10

Form.....be it for the last 7 games, the last 10 games or the last 34 games goes out the window.

Its the form after the next 4 games that will be the one that really matters. We must be aiming for a 2 point tally from each game.............win 3 games or win 2 and draw 2.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Hull on 13:20 - Apr 24 with 1614 viewsjack247

Hull on 12:47 - Apr 24 by E20Jack

I agree, I just think its far more likely at this stage that Spurs will have nothing to play for and Hull will be scrapping for their lives, which they have proven they can do rather well. Saturday was a prime example.

I genuinelly am usually rather positive but being realistic, it will take something pretty special from here. Sunderland arent going to just roll over and our record against Everton is shocking. I would expect us to beat WBA though. Between 4-6 points would be the overwhelming favourite in total points haul in my opinion.

That means Hull need 3-5 points assuming they continue to have inferior GD. That doesn't sound too difficult.

If we play like we did on Saturday, we have a decent chance in all the last 3 matches. Leon's presence gives players around him an easy pass, which gives them more confidence on the ball and allows us to recycle possession quicker. Ayew went from lazy and disinterested into something almost resembling his brother at times. More importantly, Clement had the conviction to make a big tactical change in response to Stoke starting to take charge in midfield and Llorente tiring. That hasn't really been there before.

If we play like we did against West Ham, Watford and Boro, then I'd agree with you, we will make Hulls job easy.
Hull on 13:45 - Apr 24 with 1577 viewsLeonWasGod

Basically it comes down to which version of us will turn up. We still need Hull to slip up though, and I'm confident they are capable of doing that especially away from home (it's almost guaranteed away from home).

It's been such an up and down season for both teams that both of us are capable of ending on a mini good run or bad run. Absolutely anything could happen.

I'd rather be watching all this as a neutral!
Hull on 13:50 - Apr 24 with 1569 viewslegoman

Hull on 12:04 - Apr 24 by Lord_Bony

They are nervous as us really ,they realise too it is now a two horse race more or less with us breathing hard down the back of their necks.

To be down to 10 men and score two goals both within 3 minutes of each other like they did on Saturday, has been absolutely devastating for us make no mistake.

It is now the silly little things that happened during the season with goals missed and conceded is now going to catch up with us and bite us on the ass.

We are all in for a roasting over the next few weeks us and Hull...hold on to your seats..

"It is now the silly little things that happened during the season"

Or the silly big thing like appointing Brad Bobbly

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Hull on 13:52 - Apr 24 with 1564 viewsWingstandwood

For both us and Hull a lot of our destiny is sadly not entirely our hands i.e. which team will get the luck of playing an opposition that may not give a damn because they're already on the beach and treating the game like a pre-season friendly? Add to that opposition managers that just may use the final games to blood in inexperienced youngsters and to experiment with formations.

It's worse for us because of that dreaded point(s) gap. A point(s) gap that would be for most of the season be absolutely nothing to worry about but when you've got one two, three, four or five games left?......That gap is extremely significant because it becomes a chasm to leap with the fall being catastrophic.

F#ck off you sell-outs and other incompetent kamikazee buffoons and your (the-end-result-of) Bob Bradley appointment. Its well and truly costing us now!
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 13:54]

Argus!

Hull on 14:04 - Apr 24 with 1538 viewsmagicdaps10

Hull on 13:52 - Apr 24 by Wingstandwood

For both us and Hull a lot of our destiny is sadly not entirely our hands i.e. which team will get the luck of playing an opposition that may not give a damn because they're already on the beach and treating the game like a pre-season friendly? Add to that opposition managers that just may use the final games to blood in inexperienced youngsters and to experiment with formations.

It's worse for us because of that dreaded point(s) gap. A point(s) gap that would be for most of the season be absolutely nothing to worry about but when you've got one two, three, four or five games left?......That gap is extremely significant because it becomes a chasm to leap with the fall being catastrophic.

F#ck off you sell-outs and other incompetent kamikazee buffoons and your (the-end-result-of) Bob Bradley appointment. Its well and truly costing us now!
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 13:54]

The only team that does not have their own destiny in their hands at present is us.

I can see Hull getting anything from 3-6 points...........so 8 points must be our target, ultimately we should be going out to win every game.

Saying that, i can see Burnley getting 1-4 points.

And in saying that, i can see us getting anything from 1-9 points.

In a nutshell.......i have no friggin idea.

Hull on 14:44 - Apr 24 with 1481 viewsLord_Bony

Just keep the bastadin team we had Saturday...no changes against Man U who are devastated without Ibrahimovic their main striker out for the rest of the season now amongst others.....

If we do them it will go a long way.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Hull on 14:47 - Apr 24 with 1474 viewsmagicdaps10

Hull on 14:44 - Apr 24 by Lord_Bony

Just keep the bastadin team we had Saturday...no changes against Man U who are devastated without Ibrahimovic their main striker out for the rest of the season now amongst others.....

If we do them it will go a long way.

A result on Sunday would be massive, a point would be great and a win would be out of this world................for confidence alone, not to mention the valuable points.

Hull on 14:56 - Apr 24 with 1458 viewsLord_Bony

Hull on 14:47 - Apr 24 by magicdaps10

A result on Sunday would be massive, a point would be great and a win would be out of this world................for confidence alone, not to mention the valuable points.

Problem we have is Man u and Everton have everything to play for at the moment ...they will fight hard.

Hull play Soton away but they dont really give a toss either way because they are midtable safe...

Not going to be easy for us I m afraid....but who knows..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Hull on 14:56 - Apr 24 with 1458 viewsTheKirkyLife

I genuinely think we need to win every game remaining this season or else we won't have a chance. Draws simply won't do. There is good news for every match however.

United have the midweek game and are still in the Europa League. We could catch them on an off day.

Everton have REALLY off days and Lukaku's mind is elsewhere. Oddly enough Taylor's assault on Coleman may well help us on the defensive side of things.

Sunderland. We HAVE to beat them. If they are not relegated by then we must be better than them surely?

West Brom have had nothing to play for the entire season. I'm confident we can beat them.

I really do believe that it will come down to the final day of the season. If it's Hull vs Tottenham....guess it depends how close the latter are to Chelsea.
Hull on 15:01 - Apr 24 with 1453 viewshammy

Hull on 14:04 - Apr 24 by magicdaps10

The only team that does not have their own destiny in their hands at present is us.

I can see Hull getting anything from 3-6 points...........so 8 points must be our target, ultimately we should be going out to win every game.

Saying that, i can see Burnley getting 1-4 points.

And in saying that, i can see us getting anything from 1-9 points.

In a nutshell.......i have no friggin idea.

Hope PC and the players are just concentrating on getting 3pts from the ManUre game. No point worrying about all the permutations, until possibly the last game (if we're still in it with a chance of staying up !).

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Hull on 15:38 - Apr 24 with 1390 viewsmagicdaps10

Hull on 15:01 - Apr 24 by hammy

Hope PC and the players are just concentrating on getting 3pts from the ManUre game. No point worrying about all the permutations, until possibly the last game (if we're still in it with a chance of staying up !).

Agreed, you start looking beyond your next game as a a manager or player and it is curtains.

Hull on 16:05 - Apr 24 with 1363 viewsClinton

Hull on 10:34 - Apr 24 by Pegojack

I was up against a dyed in the wool Hull supporter in my pub quiz league last night. Who'd have thought it, Swans v Tigers in a pub quiz fixture on a Sunday evening in the Bridge Inn, Michaelchurch Escley in the Golden Valley, Herefordshire?

He was telling me he's got his ticket for their game against Palace away on 13 May. We were both cagey about how we see it going for the remainder of the season. "We are sh1t, you'll survive", "No, we are sh1tter, you'll survive", etc. etc.

If it's any consolation, my quiz team whacked his by ten points. Come on you Swans!

That pub looks a beaut Hereford. Gwatkin cider and Wye Valley beers. Remote though.
Worth a detour if Im up that way ?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Hull on 16:16 - Apr 24 with 1335 viewshammy

Hull on 14:56 - Apr 24 by Lord_Bony

Problem we have is Man u and Everton have everything to play for at the moment ...they will fight hard.

Hull play Soton away but they dont really give a toss either way because they are midtable safe...

Not going to be easy for us I m afraid....but who knows..

Hopefully Man City will beat Man Utd on Thursday and Mourinho will totally focus on the Europa League tie with Celta Vigo next week. They are surely due to lose their unbeaten PL record at some point and Sunday would be perfect !

When Everton come to the Liberty they will probably have lost to Chelsea the week before and they will be unable to attain 4th place. Also with Ash returning, we will hopefully get some assistance from another one of our ex-players; Joe was very accommodating on the weekend ;) And we haven't lost to Everton for 6 games and Everton's away form this season has not been that great.

Everything to play for ...

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Hull on 20:09 - Apr 24 with 1204 viewsLoyal

Hull on 11:51 - Apr 24 by Swanjaxs

Swansea City.... 1 win in last 7 games
Hull City ..... 4 wins in last 7 games
Says it all really....

Tells me we could be due a run and they had theirs.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024