Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sigurdsson 09:39 - Apr 25 with 4470 viewsandrew

Unless he has a clause in his contract, do you think if we get relegated we would keep him here on the same wages?

He won't get into a champions league chasing club for me and will always be icelands main man plus he loves the swans, could we see him stay to get us back up? I'd see us coming straight back up with this squad myself.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Sigurdsson on 22:28 - Apr 25 with 858 viewsTheKirkyLife

I'm surprised at how many people think there will be some sort of mass exodus from Swansea should we drop.

My personal thoughts on Gylfi, relevant to this thread, is that if we're relegated he will go for £30-£40 or so to Everton joining Ash. If we stay up it could be very touch and go but I imagine he'll head for Everton still around £35 million at least.

As for everyone else I'd single out Llorente, Fernandez and Fabianski as the main players who will be shipped off. People saying Olsson, Fer, Cork, Mawson AND Ayew all to be shipped out, from my perspective, need to get a grip of themselves. If the owners are here to invest and Clement can actually form the team he wants it is in all of those players' best interest to stay on for a bounce back campaign. With the aforementioned three leaving, a new winger and striker in and maybe a couple of other additions we should at least be aiming for the play-offs.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 22:30]
Sigurdsson on 23:01 - Apr 25 with 828 viewsjackjackjackjack

£40m for Siggy?

Kante went for £32m last summer, so I feel you're being a tad optimistic. The only clubs who spend that amount on players wouldn't be interested in him.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Sigurdsson on 23:10 - Apr 25 with 824 viewsmorningstar

Sigurdsson on 21:54 - Apr 25 by Al_Bundy

Can't see why anyone in the prem would want Ayew, Ollsen, Cork and Fer to be honest

They are a part of a very poor spine for this level.

If we go down most of the internationals will be gone if not all.

Llorente, Baston and Gomis will also be offloaded.

This will leave the old guard from 2011 with some youngsters and a few signings from L1

I dare say 50 points will be our initial target which won't be easy at all

And that's the way it will be. Bang on!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Sigurdsson on 05:10 - Apr 26 with 757 viewsmajorraglan

Sigurdsson on 22:28 - Apr 25 by TheKirkyLife

I'm surprised at how many people think there will be some sort of mass exodus from Swansea should we drop.

My personal thoughts on Gylfi, relevant to this thread, is that if we're relegated he will go for £30-£40 or so to Everton joining Ash. If we stay up it could be very touch and go but I imagine he'll head for Everton still around £35 million at least.

As for everyone else I'd single out Llorente, Fernandez and Fabianski as the main players who will be shipped off. People saying Olsson, Fer, Cork, Mawson AND Ayew all to be shipped out, from my perspective, need to get a grip of themselves. If the owners are here to invest and Clement can actually form the team he wants it is in all of those players' best interest to stay on for a bounce back campaign. With the aforementioned three leaving, a new winger and striker in and maybe a couple of other additions we should at least be aiming for the play-offs.

I think there will be a lot more than Gylfi, Llorente, Fernandez and Fabianski out the door.

Just done some quick googling and it looks like the lowest place team in the PL this season will pick up approx £100m in prize money. According to another article I read, Villa could expect approximately £40m in parachute payments this year. Based on these estimates and the fact the TV money's increased since Villa were relegated, I think Swansea could expect about £50m in parachute payments. Given that the TV income is a big proportion of the clubs income, a decrease in revenue of about £50m is a massive hit. If we assume Gylfi, Llorente, Fernandez and Fabianski earn a combined total of £250,000 per week, off loading them would trim about £12.5m plus on costs off the expenditure per annum. To balance the books or live within a modest deficit the club could use the funds generated by player sales, but it is likely that cuts in the wage bill would be required, especially if the club wasn't promoted at the first time of asking. Roughly speaking, £100k per week is £5m a year - if the club had to cut £50m from its budget, that's a lot of playing stuff.

Fingers crossed it doesn't come to this.
Sigurdsson on 05:19 - Apr 26 with 756 viewsWhiterockin

Sigurdsson on 22:28 - Apr 25 by TheKirkyLife

When Gylfi signed his new contract probably had a relegation clause inserted. Several at the club have this in place. Anyone who thinks that we will get anything like the true market value for players if we are relegated is living in cloud cuckoo land. The only ones who will come out of this well are the players with big signing on bonuses.
Sigurdsson on 05:39 - Apr 26 with 749 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sigurdsson on 23:01 - Apr 25 by jackjackjackjack

£40m for Siggy?

Kante went for £32m last summer, so I feel you're being a tad optimistic. The only clubs who spend that amount on players wouldn't be interested in him.

I'd say between £10-15 million. Nowhere near 40 million

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sigurdsson on 06:33 - Apr 26 with 732 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Sigurdsson on 05:39 - Apr 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Siggy going for as little as 25% more than Jonjo is hard to fathom. Yet no kick in the nuts would surprise me less about now.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Sigurdsson on 06:57 - Apr 26 with 714 viewsEdmundo

Not a chance if we get relegated. An Everton out Southampton will pick him up to lead them into a Europa place.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Login to get fewer ads

Sigurdsson on 07:11 - Apr 26 with 706 viewsMrSwerve

Sigurdsson on 21:54 - Apr 25 by Al_Bundy

Can't see why anyone in the prem would want Ayew, Ollsen, Cork and Fer to be honest

They are a part of a very poor spine for this level.

If we go down most of the internationals will be gone if not all.

Llorente, Baston and Gomis will also be offloaded.

This will leave the old guard from 2011 with some youngsters and a few signings from L1

I dare say 50 points will be our initial target which won't be easy at all

I generally agree with you, but let's not get too doom and gloom. A few signings from league one? We'll be a relegated premier league club, I'm sure there'll be a good few decent championship players wanting to join us. I think that this will be the aim...to keep the old guard running, and top up with quality championship players. Also bring in some of our youngsters that have been on the fringes of the first team.

As much as I doubt we can, if we can somehow keep hold of players like Fabianski and Siggy then we will have a very good squad for championship level. The likes of Cork, Ayew, Ollsen and Fer are decent players for championship level.

If relegated, we have a good possibility of doing well next year...we just need to make sure that the squad doesn't fall apart (cue the Americans)...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Sigurdsson on 09:47 - Apr 26 with 656 viewsLord_Bony

He's currently on 75k a week with us and he likes it here so not too shabby.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Sigurdsson on 10:01 - Apr 26 with 641 viewsLord_Bony

Would be I intersting to know if any players have a drop clause in their contracts.

Meaning if we get relegated they take a big cut next season usually between 30-50%.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Sigurdsson on 10:03 - Apr 26 with 641 viewsjack247

Sigurdsson on 09:47 - Apr 26 by Lord_Bony

He's currently on 75k a week with us and he likes it here so not too shabby.

Is he actually on that much, or is it just from that 'leak' some website took from Championship Manager or FIFA or whatever?

We aren't going to want to pay him £3m+ per year if we go down, even in the extremely unlikely event he wants to stay.
Sigurdsson on 10:05 - Apr 26 with 639 viewsSwansea93

Sigurdsson on 05:39 - Apr 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Sissoko went from Newcastle to Tottenham for 30m?
Matt Ritchie went from Bournemouth to Newcastle for 12m?

To say we'd only get 10-15m for Siggy is laughable.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Sigurdsson on 10:11 - Apr 26 with 632 viewsMrSwerve

Sigurdsson on 10:05 - Apr 26 by Swansea93

We've got Huw and the yanks in charge mind...

Sigurdsson on 10:16 - Apr 26 with 631 viewsJFSwan

My biggest relegation worry is the fact that the average players, such as Cork and Naughton would remain in the first team.

Im sure the likes of Llorente,Baston,Gomis,Montero,Fernandez would be whisked off abroad by their agents.

Our first team in the championship I feel would see the likes of Fulton,Bartley, and other fringe players becoming regulars
Sigurdsson on 10:18 - Apr 26 with 628 viewsMrSwerve

Sigurdsson on 10:16 - Apr 26 by JFSwan

My biggest relegation worry is the fact that the average players, such as Cork and Naughton would remain in the first team.

Im sure the likes of Llorente,Baston,Gomis,Montero,Fernandez would be whisked off abroad by their agents.

Our first team in the championship I feel would see the likes of Fulton,Bartley, and other fringe players becoming regulars

Cork and Naughton would be very good players at championship level in my opinion. I hope that we can hold on to them personally. I'd rather those than some random u21 starting.

Sigurdsson on 10:22 - Apr 26 with 622 viewsJFSwan

I tend to agree however staying up and finding real replacements would be ideal.
Sigurdsson on 10:23 - Apr 26 with 620 viewsSwansea93

Sigurdsson on 10:11 - Apr 26 by MrSwerve

We've got Huw and the yanks in charge mind...

We got 20m for Ayew? Why would we get 10-15m for Sigurdsson.

Sigurdsson on 10:28 - Apr 26 with 616 viewsWhiterockin

Sigurdsson on 10:05 - Apr 26 by Swansea93

Neither of these players had a release fee if the club got relegated, unlike some of our players. We would only get £15M Siggy if several clubs were interested and it pushed the price up. But he would still be free to go to anyone who met the buyout price, many on here are going to have a reality check if we get relegated.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 10:58]
Sigurdsson on 11:07 - Apr 26 with 589 viewsLord_Bony

Sigurdsson on 10:03 - Apr 26 by jack247

Is he actually on that much, or is it just from that 'leak' some website took from Championship Manager or FIFA or whatever?

We aren't going to want to pay him £3m+ per year if we go down, even in the extremely unlikely event he wants to stay.

Yes official.

Siggy and Llorente both on 75k a week.

If there's a clause in their contracts it may be reduced if we go down.

Sigurdsson on 11:23 - Apr 26 with 574 viewsjackjackjackjack

Sigurdsson on 11:07 - Apr 26 by Lord_Bony

Yes official.

Any player on £75k a week, who some feel is worth £30m+ isn't going to take a pay cut to play in the Championship, They'll be off.

I'd guess at around £20m to a club like Stoke/West Brom/Crystal Palace.

And the Sissoko transfer was madness, a bit of a one-off.

Sigurdsson on 11:30 - Apr 26 with 568 viewsLord_Bony

Sigurdsson on 11:23 - Apr 26 by jackjackjackjack

Any player on £75k a week, who some feel is worth £30m+ isn't going to take a pay cut to play in the Championship, They'll be off.

I'd guess at around £20m to a club like Stoke/West Brom/Crystal Palace.

And the Sissoko transfer was madness, a bit of a one-off.

Well the parachute payments from tv rights will pay their same wages for at least the first year so may be do able.

Our first year in the championship should be our strongest because of our financial clout.

After that it starts going down hill a bit.

So we need to bounce straight back up with players like Siggy and Llorente if we can keep them...otherwise it gets much harder further down the road.

Sigurdsson on 11:45 - Apr 26 with 549 viewsjackjackjackjack

Sigurdsson on 11:30 - Apr 26 by Lord_Bony

Well the parachute payments from tv rights will pay their same wages for at least the first year so may be do able.

Our first year in the championship should be our strongest because of our financial clout.

After that it starts going down hill a bit.

So we need to bounce straight back up with players like Siggy and Llorente if we can keep them...otherwise it gets much harder further down the road.

The parachute payments will be 55% (dropping to 45% in year 2, 25% in year 3) of what the club that finishes bottom of the Premier will get. So next season our TV income will drop from around £95m to about £50m. We'll have to get rid of a lot of the high earners.

Sigurdsson on 12:33 - Apr 26 with 511 viewsjack247

Sigurdsson on 11:07 - Apr 26 by Lord_Bony

Yes official.

Do we publish our player salaries then? Not having a pop, genuine question
Sigurdsson on 12:58 - Apr 26 with 497 viewsSwansea93

Sigurdsson on 12:33 - Apr 26 by jack247

Do we publish our player salaries then? Not having a pop, genuine question

It was in some newspaper article few weeks back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024