Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sigurdsson 09:39 - Apr 25 with 4471 viewsandrew

Unless he has a clause in his contract, do you think if we get relegated we would keep him here on the same wages?

He won't get into a champions league chasing club for me and will always be icelands main man plus he loves the swans, could we see him stay to get us back up? I'd see us coming straight back up with this squad myself.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Sigurdsson on 09:40 - Apr 25 with 3223 viewsPURe_Evil

I think he'll be gone and we will struggle to come straight back up with this squad.
Sigurdsson on 09:42 - Apr 25 with 3216 viewsjack247

No chance. I'm not convinced he will want to stay if we survive.
Sigurdsson on 10:45 - Apr 25 with 3097 viewsBloodyhills

I reckon he will go. He wants to play at the top level, and though he probably isn't good enough for a Champions League chasing club I doubt he will want to be in the Championship.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Sigurdsson on 10:47 - Apr 25 with 3084 viewsmagicdaps10

He will be 100% gone if we get relegated, think we will find it hard to keep him even if we stay up.

What worries me is what is in his contract that might come in to play when we go down.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Sigurdsson on 10:54 - Apr 25 with 3063 viewsDyfnant

If we go down we should loan him to a Prem club for the season. Wages off the books, a large loan fee and he stays in the top division.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Sigurdsson on 10:56 - Apr 25 with 3058 viewsGriffting

He'll be a player that commands big money if we go down due to a lot of interest and the club will want to cash in on something like that anyway. He's 27?? now... perhaps he feels it's time to try again with a bigger club. One last shot and all that.
Sigurdsson on 11:06 - Apr 25 with 3042 viewsDafyddHuw

£35M
Sigurdsson on 11:14 - Apr 25 with 3026 viewsLeonWasGod

Assuming we have to cut costs, I reckon this lot will be looking to leave or we'll be looking to move them on:

Siggy
Llorente
Jack
Ayew
Olsson
Montero
Fede
Fab
Fer

We know Fer, Olsson, Ayew will want a move from a Championship club as that's how they came to us in the first place. I think Routs would struggle to get a because his pace is dropping off, but potentially you could add him to this list too (a younger Routs would be gone, almost certainly).

I suspect we'd face a major rebuilding and then could have a real struggle getting that lot settled (because we no longer have our established style/approach). We'd potentially be looking at a season like Villa this year, mid-table(ish).

And we could still be relying on Rangel, Leon and Dyer.

But who knows, and hopefully it's a moot point as we'll stay up.
Login to get fewer ads

Sigurdsson on 11:21 - Apr 25 with 3011 viewsMrSwerve

Sigurdsson on 11:06 - Apr 25 by DafyddHuw

£35M

35m in lira or yen maybe.

He'll be gone. Probably to a mid-lower Premier League club...Palace, Stoke, Southampton, West Brom etc.

You just know he'll be depressingly sold for something like £8-10 million too.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Sigurdsson on 11:25 - Apr 25 with 3003 viewsFlashberryjack

When we are relegated, any player with a value in the transfer market will be sold.

And all players that are on premiership wages, will be moved on one way or another.

The future doesn't look good......unless we have a huge slice of luck and stay up.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sigurdsson on 11:26 - Apr 25 with 3001 viewsLeonWasGod

Sigurdsson on 10:54 - Apr 25 by Dyfnant

If we go down we should loan him to a Prem club for the season. Wages off the books, a large loan fee and he stays in the top division.

That's certainly an option if nobody will meet our valuation (although that's unlikely, as we'll look to cash in I expect).
Sigurdsson on 11:32 - Apr 25 with 2975 viewsMrSwerve

Sigurdsson on 11:25 - Apr 25 by Flashberryjack

When we are relegated, any player with a value in the transfer market will be sold.

And all players that are on premiership wages, will be moved on one way or another.

The future doesn't look good......unless we have a huge slice of luck and stay up.

Ah the yanks will back us mun!

Sigurdsson on 11:43 - Apr 25 with 2951 viewspencoedjack

Sigurdsson on 11:32 - Apr 25 by MrSwerve

Ah the yanks will back us mun!

I think he will be at Everton next season relegated or not

Personally I will be gutted a few on PS will be very happy
Sigurdsson on 12:01 - Apr 25 with 2914 viewsMrSwerve

Sigurdsson on 11:43 - Apr 25 by pencoedjack

I think he will be at Everton next season relegated or not

Personally I will be gutted a few on PS will be very happy

The Res can kip at Perch's while he's keeping an eye on him.

Sigurdsson on 12:29 - Apr 25 with 2836 viewsKGriz16

I think he will definitely be gone if we get relegated. However, I think he will have one more season here if we beat the drop. He's said previously how much he enjoys living in the area and how much he loves the football club.
Sigurdsson on 12:49 - Apr 25 with 2788 viewsmajorraglan

Sigurdsson on 11:14 - Apr 25 by LeonWasGod

Assuming we have to cut costs, I reckon this lot will be looking to leave or we'll be looking to move them on:

Siggy
Llorente
Jack
Ayew
Olsson
Montero
Fede
Fab
Fer

We know Fer, Olsson, Ayew will want a move from a Championship club as that's how they came to us in the first place. I think Routs would struggle to get a because his pace is dropping off, but potentially you could add him to this list too (a younger Routs would be gone, almost certainly).

I suspect we'd face a major rebuilding and then could have a real struggle getting that lot settled (because we no longer have our established style/approach). We'd potentially be looking at a season like Villa this year, mid-table(ish).

And we could still be relying on Rangel, Leon and Dyer.

But who knows, and hopefully it's a moot point as we'll stay up.

You can add Baston to this list and I wouldn't be surprised to see Mawson moving on to one of the mid table premiership teams. If Swansea are relegated, it's going to result in a major clear out and rebuilding job and as much as Leon and Angel Rangel are legends their role should be on the peripherals as the focus should be on building a squad that could compete in the Premier League the following season.
Sigurdsson on 12:52 - Apr 25 with 2772 viewsLeonWasGod

Sigurdsson on 12:49 - Apr 25 by majorraglan

You can add Baston to this list and I wouldn't be surprised to see Mawson moving on to one of the mid table premiership teams. If Swansea are relegated, it's going to result in a major clear out and rebuilding job and as much as Leon and Angel Rangel are legends their role should be on the peripherals as the focus should be on building a squad that could compete in the Premier League the following season.

Forgot about Baston. That sums up his season! Yes, definitely gone.

I suspect you're right about Mawson too. I'd like to think he'd stay and develop further with us, but I think he's well enough respected to get a move to a mid-low table club.

It could be hell of a rebuilding job...
Sigurdsson on 12:54 - Apr 25 with 2760 viewsshandyjack

He's gone even if we stay up. No chance he will be here for next season either way

Poll: Expectation for the season

Sigurdsson on 12:55 - Apr 25 with 2753 viewsFlashberryjack

Sigurdsson on 12:49 - Apr 25 by majorraglan

There won't be any team rebuilding to get back into the PL..........BLACKPOOL!

Hello

Sigurdsson on 19:30 - Apr 25 with 2458 viewsOldjack

Sigurdsson on 12:52 - Apr 25 by LeonWasGod

Forgot about Baston. That sums up his season! Yes, definitely gone.

I suspect you're right about Mawson too. I'd like to think he'd stay and develop further with us, but I think he's well enough respected to get a move to a mid-low table club.

It could be hell of a rebuilding job...

if we go down expect a massive amount of cost cutting right across the board ,along with losing our best talents and we'll be well and truly shafted ,down and down again with not a pot to piss in

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Sigurdsson on 19:36 - Apr 25 with 2444 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

They are all having a big pay cut if we go down any way .

3 or 4 will go

Rest will stay

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Sigurdsson on 20:10 - Apr 25 with 2387 viewsFlashberryjack

Sigurdsson on 19:36 - Apr 25 by oh_tommy_tommy

They are all having a big pay cut if we go down any way .

3 or 4 will go

Rest will stay

If we do go down, which looks likely, there be a lot more than 3 or 4 going, that's for sure.

Hello

Sigurdsson on 20:18 - Apr 25 with 2367 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Sigurdsson on 20:10 - Apr 25 by Flashberryjack

If we do go down, which looks likely, there be a lot more than 3 or 4 going, that's for sure.

Sorry , your correct 3 or 4 regulars I meant .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Sigurdsson on 21:45 - Apr 25 with 2240 viewsNirvana

Sigurdsson on 09:42 - Apr 25 by jack247

No chance. I'm not convinced he will want to stay if we survive.

I think that's the right answer too.

It doesn't seem to be in Siggy's best interest to stay with us any longer, and I think that has become very clear to him at this point. His quality should not be stuck on a dithering club in a relegation scrap like ours, as sad as that reality is. He will have plenty of suitors, and they will all be looking to prey on our incompetence at the top.

The best hope is that Jenkins will be gone before the summer, and that he loves the area too much to leave. Neither are very likely, though, and I agree that he's probably gone either way.
Sigurdsson on 21:54 - Apr 25 with 2215 viewsAl_Bundy

Can't see why anyone in the prem would want Ayew, Ollsen, Cork and Fer to be honest

They are a part of a very poor spine for this level.

If we go down most of the internationals will be gone if not all.

Llorente, Baston and Gomis will also be offloaded.

This will leave the old guard from 2011 with some youngsters and a few signings from L1

I dare say 50 points will be our initial target which won't be easy at all
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024