Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? 11:37 - Apr 25 with 7036 viewsWingstandwood

Quote: "That is because, for decades, the Labour Party has taken people for granted in Wales — just as it has in other communities across Britain."

Maybe this is the time that the chickens finally came home to roost? Wales ignored by Cardiff centric and Cardiff biased Welsh Labour. The end result of Welsh Labour economic partition thats only priority has been Cardiff and SE Wales. Looks like keep em poor to keep em voting Labour strategy has outlived its purpose?

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/coalition-chaos-wales-may-labour-12939629

Argus!

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 17:00 - Apr 26 with 1132 viewsjohnlangy

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 10:05 - Apr 26 by Kerouac

The Welsh Conservatives are, in the main, "Welsh people".
Same as the rest of us.

I didn't word that well at all did I.

What about;

He's suggesting that Wales may be better run by the Conservatives, who will toe the Westminster party line whether that be good for Wales or not, while you laugh at the thought of Wales being run by Welsh people running a Welsh party whose party line is, essentially, Wales first.
Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 17:44 - Apr 26 with 1111 viewsKilkennyjack

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 10:05 - Apr 26 by Kerouac

The Welsh Conservatives are, in the main, "Welsh people".
Same as the rest of us.

In the main welsh people never ever vote Tory.

Beware of the Risen People

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 18:16 - Apr 26 with 1098 viewsbryncochjack

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 17:44 - Apr 26 by Kilkennyjack

In the main welsh people never ever vote Tory.

407,813 did in the last general election. More than Plaid and Lib Dems combined.
Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 18:24 - Apr 26 with 1091 viewsrock1n

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 15:27 - Apr 26 by LeonWasGod

I was only wondering that as things have got worse under a Tory administration in England, so maybe would do here. No way to know of course.

Agree things are bad under Labour though. Would be interesting to see relative NHS spending between England and Wales, as I've no idea if this is a funding issue or mismanagement issue. And if it's mismanagement, is it at WG level or hospital trusts? I genuinely don't know - not looking to score political points on this as it's too important to us.

Outcomes in England are better than Wales and they spend less per head.

If England had Welsh results you wouldn't hear the end of it our media are either slavishly supportive of the wag or incompetent

Take ambulance waiting times, absolutely shocking. What did the Wag do they scrapped the target now we're apparently doing fine can you imagine an English health secretary getting away with that?
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 20:11]

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 18:27 - Apr 26 with 1086 viewsblueytheblue

Didn't WAG cut NHS funding in Wales by a further 6% and use the money elsewhere?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 18:29 - Apr 26 with 1079 viewsrock1n

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 18:27 - Apr 26 by blueytheblue

Didn't WAG cut NHS funding in Wales by a further 6% and use the money elsewhere?

Yes, but it's labour so there's always an excuse. Imagine a Tory run wag doing that?

This is why slowly but surely it's taking time but people are waking up to these basic facts

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 19:54 - Apr 26 with 1037 viewsSPboy

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 21:29 - Apr 25 by Kilkennyjack

Well its not the fault of WAG that Wales is one of the poorest regions in Europe. You can thank the uk govt for that.

Thats why the nice European people gave us billions before we told them to feck right off.

Btw the wag did not spend £850 billion bailing out bankers, £160 billion on Trident, £40 billion on illegal wars, to say nothing of Heathrow expansion, crossrail, and Brexit.

Yes lets have a good laugh at WAG ....

So, apart from making Wales a basket case for education & health, the lowest wages in the U.K., remind me what successes the WAG has brought to Wales & more importantly Swansea ? ... apart from the most expensive plastic bags in the world that is ....

Those nice Europeans didn't give us billions, the U.K. Is a net contributor to the EU.

Now they want to charge us for Brexit because they will be losing billions to foot the bills to keep on bailing out other European economic basket cases , Greece, Portugal, Ireland, Spain to mention just a few who have benefited from UK net contributions
Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 20:13 - Apr 26 with 1026 viewsNeathJack

You tell me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-37679523
Login to get fewer ads

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 20:17 - Apr 26 with 1019 viewsrock1n

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 20:13 - Apr 26 by NeathJack

You tell me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-37679523

For goodness sake.

That's after they've already cut - get real

If you spend £1 then reduce this to 96p, then 'increase' spending to £1 are you spending more?

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 20:21 - Apr 26 with 1014 viewsNeathJack

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 20:17 - Apr 26 by rock1n

For goodness sake.

That's after they've already cut - get real

If you spend £1 then reduce this to 96p, then 'increase' spending to £1 are you spending more?

Which year was it cut?
Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 20:24 - Apr 26 with 1006 viewsrock1n

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 20:21 - Apr 26 by NeathJack

Which year was it cut?

From 2010 to 2014

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 20:27 - Apr 26 with 999 viewspikeypaul

Yes,and spent on white elephants in their beloved Cardiff.

But 80 year old Mrs Jones in Bynea will still vote for them regardless of any policy
since her grandfather.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 20:27 - Apr 26 with 998 viewsexiledclaseboy

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 20:24 - Apr 26 by rock1n

From 2010 to 2014

As was the money allocated to the Welsh Government by Westminster. I realise the Welsh Government decides how it spends that money but budgets are tricky things. You decide to increase in one area, something else takes the hit.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 20:59]

Poll: Tory leader

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 20:32 - Apr 26 with 991 viewsrock1n

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 20:27 - Apr 26 by exiledclaseboy

As was the money allocated to the Welsh Government by Westminster. I realise the Welsh Government decides how it spends that money but budgets are tricky things. You decide to increase in one area, something else takes the hit.

I wouldn't deny that but they 'chose' to cut nhs spending it's just a basic fact. They didn't in England.

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 20:33 - Apr 26 with 990 viewsNeathJack

Beat me to it. Unilaterally protect the NHS when £1.5b is being cut from WG budget and other services such as Local Government etc would have been completely obliterated.

The fact remains that over the last few years, the NHS budget has increased year on year.
Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 20:35 - Apr 26 with 985 viewsKerouac

The whole of the UK made cuts.
Everybody had to make those choices.
Cutting the NHS was Welsh Labour's choice...and I'm not saying that this was the wrong choice (we would have to get into the detail for that), but it was their choice.

Makes it a bit tricky when your sole line of attack on the Tories is their record on the NHS.
Bad political strategy that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 20:35 - Apr 26 with 982 viewsrock1n

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 20:33 - Apr 26 by NeathJack

Beat me to it. Unilaterally protect the NHS when £1.5b is being cut from WG budget and other services such as Local Government etc would have been completely obliterated.

The fact remains that over the last few years, the NHS budget has increased year on year.

Why can't you just admit you were wrong after the evidence has been presented?

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 20:36 - Apr 26 with 980 viewsexiledclaseboy

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 20:32 - Apr 26 by rock1n

I wouldn't deny that but they 'chose' to cut nhs spending it's just a basic fact. They didn't in England.

I agree it's a basic fact. Very basic. And meaningless without context.

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 20:56 - Apr 26 with 958 viewsNeathJack

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 20:35 - Apr 26 by rock1n

Why can't you just admit you were wrong after the evidence has been presented?

I was wrong about a couple of years in the early part of this decade.

Where would you have made the cuts instead given the reduction in the Westminster grant?
Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 22:43 - Apr 26 with 911 viewsKerouac

May and the Tories are facing a similar political strategy dilemma on pensions aren't they?

The right thing to do would be to scrap the triple lock.
They will lose votes and give the rest of us an open goal if they do so though...it is doable but the message needs to be skillfully delivered, every Tory stay on message and a line of attack on the other parties (one that is designed to steal younger voters from us) chosen and delivered in 5/6 weeks!
A big ask.
I reckon she'll sh*t out myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 23:21 - Apr 26 with 884 viewsrock1n

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 22:43 - Apr 26 by Kerouac

May and the Tories are facing a similar political strategy dilemma on pensions aren't they?

The right thing to do would be to scrap the triple lock.
They will lose votes and give the rest of us an open goal if they do so though...it is doable but the message needs to be skillfully delivered, every Tory stay on message and a line of attack on the other parties (one that is designed to steal younger voters from us) chosen and delivered in 5/6 weeks!
A big ask.
I reckon she'll sh*t out myself.

Hope she's doesn't about time pensioners took a hit

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 07:47 - Apr 27 with 811 viewsexiledclaseboy

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 23:21 - Apr 26 by rock1n

Hope she's doesn't about time pensioners took a hit

But it won't be the well off baby boomer pensioners with their guaranteed private or public sector pensions that will take the hit if the triple lock is abandoned. It'll be the pensioners who rely on the state pension for their income. That much is self evident.

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 08:01 - Apr 27 with 804 viewsKilkennyjack

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 19:54 - Apr 26 by SPboy

So, apart from making Wales a basket case for education & health, the lowest wages in the U.K., remind me what successes the WAG has brought to Wales & more importantly Swansea ? ... apart from the most expensive plastic bags in the world that is ....

Those nice Europeans didn't give us billions, the U.K. Is a net contributor to the EU.

Now they want to charge us for Brexit because they will be losing billions to foot the bills to keep on bailing out other European economic basket cases , Greece, Portugal, Ireland, Spain to mention just a few who have benefited from UK net contributions

Just to sink your MSM arguement ....

The nice European people gave us billions because we are relatively poor. Fact.
The reason we are poor is that successive uk governments have not given a shite about wales. Fact.

Now the feckwits have voted us out, wales will not get that money.
Its a red herring about uk contribution in a wales context.

Under one model wales gets much needed investment - like the huge new swansea uni campus in SA1 - and in the other model wales gets no investment.

Do you understand ?

Beware of the Risen People

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 19:21 - Apr 27 with 745 viewsSPboy

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 08:01 - Apr 27 by Kilkennyjack

The reason we are poor is that successive uk governments have not given a shite about wales. Fact.

Under one model wales gets much needed investment - like the huge new swansea uni campus in SA1 - and in the other model wales gets no investment.

Do you understand ?

Looks like we agreed on a couple of these matters then:

- Wales is poor
- Successive UK governments have failed Wales

Quite what Wales has done for itself under Welsh Labour is embarrassing. When Brexit finally happens the UK government will not have to subsidise the weaker economies of the EU. With more money available all Wales had to do is convince Westminster to invest it here.

Will the nasty Tories spend it here ? Will the WAG continue to so inept?
Who knows but unless something changes we will continue our slide down health, wealth & education leagues in this world.

Do you understand ?
Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 19:34 - Apr 27 with 739 viewsrock1n

Wales A Labour Stronghold? Not Anymore? on 08:01 - Apr 27 by Kilkennyjack

Do you understand ?

Government does not have all the answers - we've always had big Gov in Wales our public sector is huge.

Once again it's we've been failed I.e give us more money.

If there's one benefit of brexit we'll have to start thinking more innovatively because we've been reliant on aid it's up to Wales to move on from the red comfort blanket and embrace enterprise that needs a change just voting for the same old crap will never lead to any improvements

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024