Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Landon Donovan 13:14 - Apr 25 with 5519 viewsDarran

This'll make you want to vomit.

http://mobile.swanseacity.net//news/article/2016-17/usa-landon-donovan-swansea-c

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Landon Donovan on 17:11 - Apr 25 with 1844 viewsjack2jack

Utter bollox, he'd be off without a care in the world or a care for this club when/if it goes t!ts up.
Landon Donovan on 17:15 - Apr 25 with 1835 viewsjack247

Landon Donovan on 17:10 - Apr 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

Come on Monmouth, "America's Club" doesn't mean that at all. It simply means most popular club in America, no more than that. Like the way the Cowboys are often proclaimed to be "America's Team" (and are understandably hated for it).

That said, we are still about a thousand miles behind Chelsea, Spurs, ManU, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City and even probably Everton for the rights to that claim.

We're a hell of a lot further back than we were before the Bradley debacle. That's if bigsoccer is anything to go by.
Landon Donovan on 19:49 - Apr 25 with 1732 viewsQJumpingJack

Another PR disaster to add to the list from our new board.

Can't they do anything right?
Landon Donovan on 20:26 - Apr 25 with 1696 viewsmorningstar

Landon Donovan on 19:49 - Apr 25 by QJumpingJack

Another PR disaster to add to the list from our new board.

Can't they do anything right?

The bottom line is that it's not a PR disaster. It's an amazing piece of PR. It may be a disaster to people like us, but once this gets out into the mainstream media, 3/4 of our fanbase will get all 'Cooey' about it all. "Oh my god we're going to be the biggest club in the U.S!" Blah de fvckin blah type of thing. Fair play, they know there stuff when it comes to this kind of shit do the yanks!
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 20:28]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Landon Donovan on 21:07 - Apr 25 with 1652 viewslonglostjack

Landon Donovan on 20:26 - Apr 25 by morningstar

The bottom line is that it's not a PR disaster. It's an amazing piece of PR. It may be a disaster to people like us, but once this gets out into the mainstream media, 3/4 of our fanbase will get all 'Cooey' about it all. "Oh my god we're going to be the biggest club in the U.S!" Blah de fvckin blah type of thing. Fair play, they know there stuff when it comes to this kind of shit do the yanks!

Enough is enough. Time to fight back in the PR game. I really don't buy into the line that it would affect performances on the pitch. It should be made clear via leaflets distributed on match day what Jenkins has done and how the new owners should behave if they really want to achieve their promise of a "sustainable future". It should also be made absolutely clear that the fans stand 100% behind the team and manager but we are not prepared to be treated as mugs. Gloves really have to come off now.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Landon Donovan on 21:11 - Apr 25 with 1644 viewsWingstandwood

Landon Donovan on 20:26 - Apr 25 by morningstar

Yeah, history repeating itself here, shades of Cardiff when they thought they were going to be THE club out in Malaysia and Far East. The difference(s) now it's an American slant, us and ummmmm........Unlike their fans egotistical delusion of grandeur ours are far more savvy, reality based with both feet planted firmly on the ground.

I think the Yanks have underestimated the streetwise bullsh#t-detector antenna that a large section of our supporters are blessed with.

Argus!

Landon Donovan on 21:30 - Apr 25 with 1607 viewsGowerjack

Jenkins
Morgan
Dineen
Van Zweeden
Katzen
Kaplan
Levine
Donovan
Bradley

C unts everyone of them.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Landon Donovan on 21:40 - Apr 25 with 1583 viewsmorningstar

Landon Donovan on 21:30 - Apr 25 by Gowerjack

Jenkins
Morgan
Dineen
Van Zweeden
Katzen
Kaplan
Levine
Donovan
Bradley

C unts everyone of them.

Login to get fewer ads

Landon Donovan on 21:43 - Apr 25 with 1566 viewsWingstandwood

Landon Donovan on 21:40 - Apr 25 by morningstar

A bit of 1:20s of this video would not go amiss either!

Argus!

Landon Donovan on 22:11 - Apr 25 with 1522 viewsFlash

I am very worried that if Huw Jenkins leaves, that this guy will be the one in charge of future transfers etc. Then the club will sink like a stone.
Landon Donovan on 22:16 - Apr 25 with 1514 viewswaynekerr55

Landon Donovan on 22:11 - Apr 25 by Flash

I am very worried that if Huw Jenkins leaves, that this guy will be the one in charge of future transfers etc. Then the club will sink like a stone.

Well it's not as if he can do any worse than Gonzo has post Laudrup, is it?

Huge operating losses, bang average players on big money. What exactly does Jenkins have to do before people wake up and see him for what he is?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Landon Donovan on 22:16 - Apr 25 with 1514 viewsmorningstar

Landon Donovan on 22:11 - Apr 25 by Flash

Don't worry Flash, that'll never happen. When Jenkins eventually leaves the person in charge of transfers will more than likely be the official receiver!

Landon Donovan on 22:39 - Apr 25 with 1485 viewsjack2jack

Landon Donovan on 17:06 - Apr 25 by LeonWasGod

Handed an advisory role in the summer and has just paid us his first visit. Says it all really.

We were better off without his or our new owners 'advice'.

Just read that bit again, couldn't be arsed to come over until now,brilliant.WTF.
That's how interested the bloke is in us.
Landon Donovan on 22:41 - Apr 25 with 1481 viewsSwanseajill

Landon Donovan on 22:16 - Apr 25 by morningstar

Don't worry Flash, that'll never happen. When Jenkins eventually leaves the person in charge of transfers will more than likely be the official receiver!

That gave me a *shudder* reading that....

As someone earlier wrote, we should be concentrating on our remaining games. Who needs to be reading stuff like that, when every bit of of the players, coaching staff and fans energy should be focused on Sunday's game.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 22:48]
Landon Donovan on 22:52 - Apr 25 with 1448 viewsmorningstar

Landon Donovan on 22:41 - Apr 25 by Swanseajill

That gave me a *shudder* reading that....

As someone earlier wrote, we should be concentrating on our remaining games. Who needs to be reading stuff like that, when every bit of of the players, coaching staff and fans energy should be focused on Sunday's game.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 22:48]

Of course Lor, but you have to throw a bit of serious drama into the mix as well mun!

Landon Donovan on 02:33 - Apr 26 with 1376 viewsnyc_swans

americans have no sense of what relegation means. it's not in american sports culture. so obsessed are they with making swansea city into a "fad" that they never properly considered the possibility that relegation could happen.

i'm sure they thought they could come in with their experience owning american teams and it would give them some divine right to compete in the premier league. shocking naivety.
Landon Donovan on 06:19 - Apr 26 with 1337 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Landon Donovan on 02:33 - Apr 26 by nyc_swans

americans have no sense of what relegation means. it's not in american sports culture. so obsessed are they with making swansea city into a "fad" that they never properly considered the possibility that relegation could happen.

i'm sure they thought they could come in with their experience owning american teams and it would give them some divine right to compete in the premier league. shocking naivety.

Not sure I'd use those exact words, but they've proven you completely right so far.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Landon Donovan on 09:40 - Apr 26 with 1262 viewsWingstandwood

Landon Donovan on 22:16 - Apr 25 by morningstar

Argus!

Landon Donovan on 10:00 - Apr 26 with 1246 viewsjack247

Landon Donovan on 02:33 - Apr 26 by nyc_swans

I appreciate you don't have relegation over there, but surely they aren't that naive. They aren't stupid people. They wouldn't have spent months putting a deal together to buy the club without realising their income was going to take a hammering if we finished in the bottom three. Lower end PL clubs would cost a lot more if there was no prospect of relegation. Aside from that, how would we have got promoted without relegations to balance the numbers.

I think it's far more likely they were convinced the squad was a lot better than it actually is. We look a solid mid table team if you look at the final table for the last 6 years.
Landon Donovan on 14:28 - Apr 26 with 1160 viewsDafyddHuw

Landore Donovan, shirley?
Landon Donovan on 14:54 - Apr 26 with 1144 viewsLeonWasGod

Landon Donovan on 21:07 - Apr 25 by longlostjack

Enough is enough. Time to fight back in the PR game. I really don't buy into the line that it would affect performances on the pitch. It should be made clear via leaflets distributed on match day what Jenkins has done and how the new owners should behave if they really want to achieve their promise of a "sustainable future". It should also be made absolutely clear that the fans stand 100% behind the team and manager but we are not prepared to be treated as mugs. Gloves really have to come off now.

Agreed, the two are not conflicting. Protests only run a risk of disrupting the team if they take place vocally before or during the game. A soft approach such as PR campaign to get the truth out there absolutely can run alongside vociferous support of the team and PC. Support needs to be built though - nowhere near enough people seem aware of the behaviour of the ex-board, possible because the local press keep given them a platform to spread bull.
Landon Donovan on 07:02 - Apr 27 with 1026 viewsFerrieBodde

Landon Donovan on 14:10 - Apr 25 by Wingstandwood

I actually find it offensive because it is intelligence insulting to the extreme. Taking us ALL for complete and utter mugs. It’s out and out PR-board and sell-outs propaganda bullshit.

It’s all there the complementary feel-good mood muzak telling us all how fantastic we and things are. The Huw Jenkins content is the precursor to his upcoming “clears the air statement” or dare I say complete and utter load of sh#t.

Quote: “You don’t want to come and disrupt what’s going on given what Huw (Jenkins), the fans and the city have built here."

Quote: Donovan stresses that neither Jenkins nor head coach Clement “need my advice”. .
“They know what they are doing and they are much smarter than I am. They are in this world all the time,” he adds.

Well why the f#ck has Jenkins wasted millions on players and failed to advise (STOP!) Bob Bradley's appointment then?

Holy f#cking cow!

"Well why the f#ck has Jenkins wasted millions on players and failed to advise (STOP!) Bob Bradley's appointment then? "

Because Donovan was the one who advocated for Bradley? He publically admitted the huge role he had in his appointment:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/american-soccer-legend

On the subject of being "America's team," I'm not surprised at all that someone from the ownership group (Donovan) has finally come out and just admitted it. As I said before, this was the plan from the very beginning, and it began with the Bradley appointment. The cvnt owners wanted us to be the darlings of their home country, but thankfully this plan completely blew up in their faces.

Levien talks again and again about how he's going to make us into a commercial juggernaut and use that money to invest into the squad. The problem is, this plan was almost completely dependent on Bradley being a success and this club taking off in America. Now that's over and done with I'd love to see what other stupid and daft plans he has for us to be "America's club," as that seems to be the only idea that he and the rest of the owners have for maximizing our commercial and supporter potential, and their main priority.
Landon Donovan on 07:11 - Apr 27 with 1022 viewsMyFinalHeaven

The irony in all of this is that if we get relegated, which as it stands is extremely likely to happen, then our matches won't even be shown in America anymore. EPL is on terrestial television in the States, but for Championship matches you have to buy a beIN Sports subscription, something that is only available in very select areas. And beIN only shows one or two Championship matches a week.

Funny. In their attempt to make us America's club by hiring Bob Bradley, the owners effectively put this club out of America and its viewership (should we get relegated of course). This would be as ironic as it gets.

Come on you Swans.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024