Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marine A released 09:07 - Apr 28 with 2539 viewsperchrockjack

Done three years prison, longer than some who ve killed or maimed on our streets

Refused bail in December pending appeal

Nothing shames us more

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Marine A released on 20:01 - Apr 28 with 1015 viewsexiledclaseboy

Marine A released on 19:53 - Apr 28 by waynekerr55

Clasey incoming in three, two, one...

Not sure what you're expecting me to say there?

Poll: Tory leader

Marine A released on 20:05 - Apr 28 with 1007 viewswaynekerr55

Marine A released on 20:01 - Apr 28 by exiledclaseboy

Not sure what you're expecting me to say there?

I was expecting a witty riposte. They are usually associated with contributions from controversial jack, albeit around issues of the law

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Marine A released on 20:10 - Apr 28 with 1000 viewscontroversial_jack

Marine A released on 20:05 - Apr 28 by waynekerr55

I was expecting a witty riposte. They are usually associated with contributions from controversial jack, albeit around issues of the law

That's true, but they are hardly witty.
Marine A released on 23:35 - Apr 28 with 961 viewsperchrockjack

Just God help us

Professionals ?

We don't deserve them

I'm staggered at pacemakers comments

It's war and either them or us

In the last war ,in the east it was win or die...

Marine A released on 13:11 - Apr 29 with 907 viewsPacemaker

Marine A released on 23:35 - Apr 28 by perchrockjack

Just God help us

Professionals ?

We don't deserve them

I'm staggered at pacemakers comments

It's war and either them or us

In the last war ,in the east it was win or die...

So if that terrorist had been given first aid and survived ( unlikely apparently) or if his associates had seen him being treated correctly and he or they had and then gone back to his clan and said he had been treated fairly it's the start of winning hearts and minds in a society still in the Middle Ages.

Instead those watching went back with a video of him being shot on the floor, another propaganda coup for AQ, Taliban or ISIS and a recruitment tool. You will never win the battles in Afghanistan fighting traditional warfare because they have always had feudal armies who fight anyone over anything, we were on a hiding to nothing and Blair took us there with Bush for no reason other than an apparent link to AQ. Should have followedhe money to the Middle East and started dealing with them first.

I speak from first hand experience from my family members who have served there career soldiers not internet warriors.

You keep on bringing up PSU's and the miners strike, all those forces and people who were involved in heavy handed policing are still paying the price in those communities now people don't forget. If you had been on the end of bricks and blocks and charged the offenders once arrested would you keep on using your baton once they were cuffed? No, because you would quite rightly be dealt with.

That's what being a professional is about in any walk of life.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Marine A released on 13:56 - Apr 29 with 896 viewsperchrockjack

How do you feel ,pace, about the withholding of evidence by the Military , which if done in civvy street , would be subject to endless scrutiny

Not ,frankly, a good analogy

Miners strike ...Afghanistan...sorry no comparison

Were you involved in policing picket lines

PM me ,if you want a private chat

Marine A released on 14:29 - Apr 29 with 871 viewsPURe_Evil

Marine A released on 13:56 - Apr 29 by perchrockjack

How do you feel ,pace, about the withholding of evidence by the Military , which if done in civvy street , would be subject to endless scrutiny

Not ,frankly, a good analogy

Miners strike ...Afghanistan...sorry no comparison

Were you involved in policing picket lines

PM me ,if you want a private chat

You are so f*cking thick its hard to comprehend.

What Pace said is all true.
Marine A released on 14:31 - Apr 29 with 868 viewsPURe_Evil

Marine A released on 13:11 - Apr 29 by Pacemaker

So if that terrorist had been given first aid and survived ( unlikely apparently) or if his associates had seen him being treated correctly and he or they had and then gone back to his clan and said he had been treated fairly it's the start of winning hearts and minds in a society still in the Middle Ages.

Instead those watching went back with a video of him being shot on the floor, another propaganda coup for AQ, Taliban or ISIS and a recruitment tool. You will never win the battles in Afghanistan fighting traditional warfare because they have always had feudal armies who fight anyone over anything, we were on a hiding to nothing and Blair took us there with Bush for no reason other than an apparent link to AQ. Should have followedhe money to the Middle East and started dealing with them first.

I speak from first hand experience from my family members who have served there career soldiers not internet warriors.

You keep on bringing up PSU's and the miners strike, all those forces and people who were involved in heavy handed policing are still paying the price in those communities now people don't forget. If you had been on the end of bricks and blocks and charged the offenders once arrested would you keep on using your baton once they were cuffed? No, because you would quite rightly be dealt with.

2 of my family members serve in the army and were disgusted by Marine A's behaviour.
Login to get fewer ads

Marine A released on 15:05 - Apr 29 with 847 viewswaynekerr55

Marine A released on 14:31 - Apr 29 by PURe_Evil

2 of my family members serve in the army and were disgusted by Marine A's behaviour.

True - but we have to look at how we look after the mental well-being of our troops. We send them ill equipped and into battle without giving a fúck for their wellbeing

Marine A released on 15:26 - Apr 29 with 842 viewsPURe_Evil

Marine A released on 15:05 - Apr 29 by waynekerr55

True - but we have to look at how we look after the mental well-being of our troops. We send them ill equipped and into battle without giving a fúck for their wellbeing

Agreed, so if we let this guy walk free for shooting a dying man in the chest while on the floor, while bragging about breaking the Geneva convention.... how is that helping?

We'll be no better than them
Marine A released on 17:57 - Apr 29 with 814 viewswaynekerr55

Marine A released on 15:26 - Apr 29 by PURe_Evil

Agreed, so if we let this guy walk free for shooting a dying man in the chest while on the floor, while bragging about breaking the Geneva convention.... how is that helping?

We'll be no better than them

The concept of it is abhorrent, no doubt mate. However, this (to me) wasn't pre-meditated, this was the act of a man with diminished responsibility. I agree with the manslaughter conviction, but we have a duty of care to our soldiers which we are not providing
[Post edited 29 Apr 2017 17:58]

Marine A released on 18:20 - Apr 29 with 806 viewsperchrockjack

Thick!

Incredible

So trauma in battle and PTSD is a myth

Hope they feel about information relevant to the defence being withheld clearly to nail this marine

Our troops are treated like shure

7 yrs ....trust me, plenty of career criminals inside have served less for far greater violence and Way from the battle fields

Also, try next time sticking to subject matter,eh

I'm pretty sure many have been finished off in battle

I'm glad our fella was not on the receiving side

Incredible to read the comments on here

Very sad

Marine A released on 19:14 - Apr 29 with 784 viewsFieryJack

Marine A hardly covered himself in glory, but it's the vile right wing press in this country who deserve special derision for touting him as some sort of hero. Indeed, they routinely and laughably refer to "our boys" as heroes before they've polished their fu**ckin rifles or even arrived on the battlefield.

They debase the word, and do no favours to our service men and women by doing so. It is jingoism of the worst order and, quite frankly, makes me puke.

Dr Johnson was right to state that "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel".

If you want to find a soldier who did the right thing in very difficult circumstances , and deserves to be called a hero - though he would probably have been uncomfortable being called one - you need look no further than this bloke

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Thompson_Jr.
Marine A released on 19:30 - Apr 29 with 772 viewsperchrockjack

It's great is it not we Recin a position to ruminate on such matters from the comfort of our sofa

Marine A released on 00:29 - Apr 30 with 726 viewsLohengrin

Marine A released on 14:31 - Apr 29 by PURe_Evil

Pfft!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Marine A released on 00:38 - Apr 30 with 725 viewsLohengrin

Marine A released on 13:11 - Apr 29 by Pacemaker

We found ourselves on the back foot from the very start, Pace. The deployment was minuscule and the goals were at best hazy. With the best will in the world given all that we know had gone on before the behaviour of the Marine Sgt was if not inevitable then certainly foreseeable.

The lads out there were on a hiding to nothing. Fckin' shameful to put boys in that position then cut them loose when it goes wrong, that's the bottom line. If the finger needs to be pointed anywhere it's at Westminster not the Toms.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Marine A released on 01:00 - Apr 30 with 713 viewsLoyal

Should never have been inside, should have been given an extra medal.

[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 1:02]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Marine A released on 04:49 - Apr 30 with 674 viewsHumpty

Marine A released on 01:00 - Apr 30 by Loyal

Should never have been inside, should have been given an extra medal.

[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 1:02]

You like punk. Here's some punk.

You are as punk as my gran. And she wasn't a punk.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024