Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old Swansea characters 20:05 - May 1 with 14769 viewsGowerjack

Mrs Gowerjack and I were down the Mumbles earlier and bumped into Red Heather the Micheal Foot lookalike who once accosted Geoff Capes in Swansea market because of his support for South African fruit..

Got us talking about other strange characters we used to see regularly....

Joe the Boxer from the Tenby
Stinky Pete the most honest man in town
The fella that used to hand out Biblical tracts outside the market
Hank !
That woman with the bow legs that used to love a fight when she'd had a drink

Anyone remember any more?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Old Swansea characters on 11:14 - May 5 with 2335 viewstheloneranger

Togo Bevan

Taff...homeless guy in a big overcoat who was always around United Welsh bus garage.....but followed the Swans home and away in the late 60's and 70's

Neville Mead when he was on the door of the Curry House in the Grove, Uplands late 70's, 80's....my mate was in there late one night with his girlfriend.....went there often and knew Nev well....

Went to pay and realized he'd left his wallet in the house....Explained to the staff that he'd run home and get the money.....he lived at the top of the Grove

Nev walks up and says....."No problem Scouse....but your girl stays with me until you get back"
My mate would have won an Olympic gold medal that night...running to his flat and back...

When he got back his girlfriend and Nev were sitting down laughing and joking and having a drink...😂😂

A great character who played a mean guitar and sung Calypso when he had a flat on Bryn Road overlooking St Helens

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Old Swansea characters on 11:24 - May 5 with 2317 viewsperchrockjack

"Scouse" ah no.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Old Swansea characters on 19:28 - May 5 with 2239 viewsjackson5

Old Swansea characters on 11:11 - May 5 by glynthomas

Did Roy work in in Signode,Fforestfach? If its the same chap he came with me and my dad for the Preston game in '81,he worked with my dad for years,i would tell my dad but he's quite ill as well.

Yes Glynthomas
Roy did work in Signode, great Swansea supporter did a lot and others behind the scenes helping the club through the Supporters club
[Post edited 5 May 2017 19:30]

Women are like elephants. I like to look at 'em, but I wouldn't want to own one. W. C. Fields

Old Swansea characters on 19:51 - May 5 with 2219 viewssatrdayboy

Anyone seen the guy wearing a crash helmet and pushing a bike around Morriston area, usually got a bottle of propane strapped to back of the bike
Old Swansea characters on 21:36 - May 5 with 2160 viewsmorningstar

Old Swansea characters on 15:07 - May 3 by Darran

"What about that wild-eyed looking bloke with grey beard and hair who used to let out appallingly loud and unpredictable yells in the Quadrant, scaring the hell, accidentally, out of kids? I think he died a while back"

Jeremy Corbyn?

Very sad that, in the case that he was actually a normal everyday guy. He had a very rare imposition in that he simply couldn't express himself verbally but wasn't dumb if you know what i mean. He would get very frustrated about it and sometimes angry if people took the piss out of him. Quite an intelligent man and well respected by the locals in the Sandfields pubs. Bless him.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Old Swansea characters on 21:46 - May 5 with 2149 viewsmorningstar

Old Swansea characters on 17:48 - May 4 by jackson5

Roy Turpin from Manselton used to help run the supporters club coaches he was the first Swansea fan to do all 92 Football clubs just with the Swans , He had a big Black and White scarf with all football club badges on it weighed a ton many times away fans tryed to pinch it off him , Sadly died recently he was a gentleman
[Post edited 4 May 2017 17:49]

Roy was a character for sure. But also a complete bullshitter bless him. At the time of his claim we hadn't played a lot of the sides since before he was born. There was no lead up to it. He just came out with it one morning at the start of a trip! RIP

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Old Swansea characters on 00:15 - May 6 with 2084 viewsTreforys_Jack

Old Swansea characters on 19:51 - May 5 by satrdayboy

Anyone seen the guy wearing a crash helmet and pushing a bike around Morriston area, usually got a bottle of propane strapped to back of the bike

Yeah he has got about 10 carrier bags hanging off his bike as well. Camps by the power sub station by the new car share place in Velindre. Our paths have met a few times whilst I been walking the dogs and lets just say he's a little eccentric.
Old Swansea characters on 23:43 - May 19 with 1914 viewsbonymine

Old Swansea characters on 11:14 - May 5 by theloneranger

Togo Bevan

Taff...homeless guy in a big overcoat who was always around United Welsh bus garage.....but followed the Swans home and away in the late 60's and 70's

Neville Mead when he was on the door of the Curry House in the Grove, Uplands late 70's, 80's....my mate was in there late one night with his girlfriend.....went there often and knew Nev well....

Went to pay and realized he'd left his wallet in the house....Explained to the staff that he'd run home and get the money.....he lived at the top of the Grove

Nev walks up and says....."No problem Scouse....but your girl stays with me until you get back"
My mate would have won an Olympic gold medal that night...running to his flat and back...

When he got back his girlfriend and Nev were sitting down laughing and joking and having a drink...😂😂

A great character who played a mean guitar and sung Calypso when he had a flat on Bryn Road overlooking St Helens

Togo Bevan was a legend in the Sandfields ....a lovely inoffensive bloke who talked to us all as teenagers .....

The good old days of the 70/80's ....

STID. Together Stronger. 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024