Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The official people are allowed their own opinion thread 21:21 - May 2 with 575 viewsjack2jack

Off you go then!
The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:23 - May 2 with 569 viewsLohengrin

I'd give my life in defence of free speech if that helps you, Jack.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:26 - May 2 with 557 viewsblueytheblue

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:23 - May 2 by Lohengrin

I'd give your life in defence of free speech too.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:28 - May 2 with 552 viewsLohengrin

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:26 - May 2 by blueytheblue

I'd give your life in defence of free speech too.

Very kind of you.

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:29 - May 2 with 550 viewsblueytheblue

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:28 - May 2 by Lohengrin

Very kind of you.

I'm full of noble sentiments, me.

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:30 - May 2 with 546 viewsLohengrin

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:29 - May 2 by blueytheblue

I'm full of noble sentiments, me.

You're a proper toff, Guv, an' no mistake.

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:31 - May 2 with 546 viewsjack2jack

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:23 - May 2 by Lohengrin

Freedom of speech is a vital commodity,sadly not afforded in some quarters.
The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:33 - May 2 with 542 viewsLohengrin

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:31 - May 2 by jack2jack

Those quarters being most of the rest of the world, Jack.

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:35 - May 2 with 532 viewsdickythorpe

In my opinion people are too wound up or suspicious nowadays.

We are slaves to work and the worries that everyday living brings.

Due to fatigue we forget to enjoy.

We should all work a day less.
Login to get fewer ads

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:36 - May 2 with 529 viewsblueytheblue

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:31 - May 2 by jack2jack

Problem is, people claim "freedom of speech" but they don't accept the other side of the coin, namely taking responsibility for comments made using "freedom of speech".

"Freedom of speech" doesn't excuse people for abuse, racism et al.

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:38 - May 2 with 518 viewsLohengrin

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:36 - May 2 by blueytheblue

Problem is, people claim "freedom of speech" but they don't accept the other side of the coin, namely taking responsibility for comments made using "freedom of speech".

"Freedom of speech" doesn't excuse people for abuse, racism et al.

If somebody says something daft the correct response is to laugh at them not reach for the gag, though. Putting limits on discourse is a slippery slope.

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:39 - May 2 with 518 viewsjack2jack

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:33 - May 2 by Lohengrin

Those quarters being most of the rest of the world, Jack.

Sadly true,we are the lucky ones Loh.
The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:42 - May 2 with 504 viewsblueytheblue

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:38 - May 2 by Lohengrin

If somebody says something daft the correct response is to laugh at them not reach for the gag, though. Putting limits on discourse is a slippery slope.

Indeed, Loh, but it depends what the comment is and how you define "daft".

Should someone laugh off being publicly ( and falsely ) accused of being a paedo without recourse to the law?

With the internet especially, it's almost approaching "wild west" proportions where vile comments and accusations can be thrown around, people expecting to be allowed to do so.

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:45 - May 2 with 499 viewsLohengrin

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 21:42 - May 2 by blueytheblue

Indeed, Loh, but it depends what the comment is and how you define "daft".

Should someone laugh off being publicly ( and falsely ) accused of being a paedo without recourse to the law?

With the internet especially, it's almost approaching "wild west" proportions where vile comments and accusations can be thrown around, people expecting to be allowed to do so.

No of course there should be recourse to the law for slander but I was only really thinking about political discourse and the response by the police and local authorities in upholding an innate freedom in the face of rent-a-mob violence.

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 22:45 - May 2 with 449 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I think I'll sit this one out. Thanks though.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The official people are allowed their own opinion thread on 09:23 - May 3 with 363 viewsjohnlangy

No one should be allowed an opinion but myself.

Sorry. Sorry. Got a bit lost then. I was channeling Theresa May.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024