Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could all be done and dusted next weekend. 23:25 - May 6 with 2471 viewsLoyal

Palace win.
Swans win.

Done.

Now then ....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 23:53 - May 6 with 2405 viewsZZoric

Tidy. You should be captain of the Positivity team, a breath of fresh air

#PositivePosterOfThe Year...... is there a poll?
Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 00:07 - May 7 with 2355 viewsploppy

Different situation next week with us playing Saturday and Palace v Hull on Sunday. We got a massive lift today by knowing that Hull had lost. We need to avoid giving Hull a similar lift next week.
Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 00:09 - May 7 with 2336 viewsNeathJack

Vital we get at least something at Sunderland as it gives Palace something still to play for.

Beat them and that'll be us safe imho. Lose, and I'm taking a defibrillator to the WBA game.
Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 00:19 - May 7 with 2294 viewsrock1n

We are sitting pretty, well done Clement what a job

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 08:04 - May 7 with 2017 viewsbarry_island

We have to win next weekend.

With Huddlestone, Dawson, Mason and Livermore in the Hull ranks you can be assured that for the final game Spurs will have the Factor 20 already applied, be in their rubber rings and on their sun beds already.

Mourinho also already talking about playing weakened teams for their remaining league fixtures so it will be no surprise if Palace win there.

We cannot afford to play for a draw nex Saturday.
[Post edited 7 May 2017 8:14]

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 08:17 - May 7 with 1964 viewsSTID2017

A win for us on Saturday puts so much pressure on Hull to get a win.
As long as we do the business at Sunderland, I can see Palace winning against a Hull side who will lose it big time under the pressure and have a couple of men sent off.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 08:43 - May 7 with 1891 viewstrampie

If Swans win against Sunderland then in reality Hull would have to win away to Palace even if Hull get a draw it would be big odds on Hull will go down due to Swans markedly better goal difference.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 08:52 - May 7 with 1836 viewsSTID2017

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 08:43 - May 7 by trampie

If Swans win against Sunderland then in reality Hull would have to win away to Palace even if Hull get a draw it would be big odds on Hull will go down due to Swans markedly better goal difference.

In the scenario where Hull draw, we go into the last matches in a situation where if Hull get a freaky result against an "on the beach" Spurs and win say 2-0, whilst we lose by 3 or more we still not out of the woods.
I'd rather see a boring dead rubber against WBA !

Login to get fewer ads

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 08:58 - May 7 with 1797 viewsSwansNZ

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 08:52 - May 7 by STID2017

In the scenario where Hull draw, we go into the last matches in a situation where if Hull get a freaky result against an "on the beach" Spurs and win say 2-0, whilst we lose by 3 or more we still not out of the woods.

Yeah, but if we beat Sunderland and Palace and Hull draw, we can go into the final game with a chance of 16th.

Then again, a boring meaningless game is just fine by me.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 09:04 - May 7 with 1761 viewsSTID2017

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 08:58 - May 7 by SwansNZ

Yeah, but if we beat Sunderland and Palace and Hull draw, we can go into the final game with a chance of 16th.

Then again, a boring meaningless game is just fine by me.

As much as I'd love to be down the Liberty at the end of the WBA game celebrating even more than we were yesterday, if the worst happened and two freak results ended up making it like a morgue - perish the thought

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 09:47 - May 7 with 1633 viewsWxmJax

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 08:04 - May 7 by barry_island

We have to win next weekend.

With Huddlestone, Dawson, Mason and Livermore in the Hull ranks you can be assured that for the final game Spurs will have the Factor 20 already applied, be in their rubber rings and on their sun beds already.

Mourinho also already talking about playing weakened teams for their remaining league fixtures so it will be no surprise if Palace win there.

We cannot afford to play for a draw nex Saturday.
[Post edited 7 May 2017 8:14]

Livermore's at West Brom and Huddleston's left in 2013 which is before many of Spurs players joined them, Eriksson, Alli, Alderweirald, Son etc but the fear is that as they have nothing to play for they won't be busting a gut. A bit like last season at Newcastle.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 09:54 - May 7 with 1603 viewslonglostjack

Ben Davies will get the winner for Spurs at Hull in injury time.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 11:04 - May 7 with 1464 viewsmagicdaps10

We have to go to Sunderland aiming for the 3 points. Hull would have to go for a win otherwise they are virtually dead and buried even with a draw.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 11:13 - May 7 with 1440 viewsmax936

Sunderland got their tails up and seem determined to make a splash and play with freedom before they leave the Premiership, but who knows, knowing our luck though there's a few twists to come yet

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 11:16 - May 7 with 1429 viewsmax936

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 00:09 - May 7 by NeathJack

Vital we get at least something at Sunderland as it gives Palace something still to play for.

Beat them and that'll be us safe imho. Lose, and I'm taking a defibrillator to the WBA game.

I don't think I can bare the pressure cooker of needing a win from the Brom game, I'll have to be heavily sedated to watch, early start for me

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 11:37 - May 7 with 1342 viewsLoyal

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 11:13 - May 7 by max936

Sunderland got their tails up and seem determined to make a splash and play with freedom before they leave the Premiership, but who knows, knowing our luck though there's a few twists to come yet

I hope they do Max, in an open game we will kill them.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 12:20 - May 7 with 1220 viewsbyron

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 09:04 - May 7 by STID2017

As much as I'd love to be down the Liberty at the end of the WBA game celebrating even more than we were yesterday, if the worst happened and two freak results ended up making it like a morgue - perish the thought

Been like a morgue all season hasn't it?? The new breed crack me up, almost suicidal last few months now all singing and dancing again we are 1 point ahead?? Ffs
To be comp,eteky honest I was looking forward to a new adventure in the championship more than another load of tosh trying to stay up with our new clueless owners.....I guess I'm just a weirdo in the minority though

Benny

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 12:38 - May 7 with 1148 viewsPozuelosSideys

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 12:20 - May 7 by byron

Been like a morgue all season hasn't it?? The new breed crack me up, almost suicidal last few months now all singing and dancing again we are 1 point ahead?? Ffs
To be comp,eteky honest I was looking forward to a new adventure in the championship more than another load of tosh trying to stay up with our new clueless owners.....I guess I'm just a weirdo in the minority though

Youre right, weird.

Whats to say if we went down, we wouldnt be trying to stay up with those new owners in the Championship? We would be stripped bare and hung out to dry. I can promise you itd be more miserable than this season has been.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 12:41 - May 7 with 1133 viewstrampie

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 08:52 - May 7 by STID2017

In that circumstance using your scores Swans will stay up.

If its all to play for mathematically on the final day with Swans 3pts clear of Hull, Hull would need a 6 goal swing [and that probably wont be enough, they would probably need a 7 goal swing due to us having scored more goals].
Swans would be very unlikely to lose 0-3 at home to WBA with Swans Premier League existence on the line and Albion with nothing to play for, Swans could/would even shut up shop in a certain situation and take a 0-1 or 0-2 loss if time was going on and everybody in the ground would know Hull's latest score, if Swans shut up shop at 0-1 that would force Hull to beat Spurs something like 6-0.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 13:01 - May 7 with 1073 viewsTummer_from_Texas

If we win by 1 at the Stadium of Light and Hull draws at Selhurst, that would give us not only a +6 GD, but also a big goal advantage.

That would mean Hull would realistically need a 7 goal swing on the final day, which isn't happening.

So yes, a Hull/Palace draw (as long as it isn't high-scoring) is just as good as a Palace win, as long as we win Saturday.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 14:16 - May 7 with 965 viewsRevJames

How do we keep Defoe quiet? Always has a good game against us

We underestimate them at our peril.......
Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 14:32 - May 7 with 926 viewsSTID2017

You clearly missed the point.
What I was saying is if results went against us and at 4.50 or so on 21st May we are relegated, it would be like a morgue THEN !
As for new breed 50 years or so of following the Swans hardly makes me a "new breed"
I just would like it done and dusted next weekend, rather than going through the nervy last day thing we always seem to when it comes to promotion or relegation (Beating Cambridge, buit Bradford winning to deny us promotion, beating Halifax the following year, Then Chesterfield and of course Preston. Drawing with Bristol City to stay up. Later losing to Northampton in the P/O, then Hull to stay in the League, Bury, Gillingham then the Play Off Final against Barnsley. Finally of course that glorious day in P?O Final against Reading)
"I guess I'm just a weirdo in the minority though" you say - yes I guess you are. Those of us who spent most our our supporting years dreaming of playing at this level would never give it up for the mediocrity of lower level football.
[Post edited 7 May 2017 14:35]

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 14:34 - May 7 with 917 viewsSTID2017

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 12:41 - May 7 by trampie

In that circumstance using your scores Swans will stay up.

If its all to play for mathematically on the final day with Swans 3pts clear of Hull, Hull would need a 6 goal swing [and that probably wont be enough, they would probably need a 7 goal swing due to us having scored more goals].
Swans would be very unlikely to lose 0-3 at home to WBA with Swans Premier League existence on the line and Albion with nothing to play for, Swans could/would even shut up shop in a certain situation and take a 0-1 or 0-2 loss if time was going on and everybody in the ground would know Hull's latest score, if Swans shut up shop at 0-1 that would force Hull to beat Spurs something like 6-0.

I know - it was too early in the morning and I miscalculated !
Just want it done and dusted TBH

Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 15:49 - May 7 with 834 viewsjack247

You were looking forward to being relegated? You do realise we aren't Newcastle and would more likely be in league one before the Premier again? That we are owned by venture capitalists who would write us off as bad investment and let us rot if they felt it was too much of a risk to try to rebuild?

I completely agree that it's as stupid to assume we are safe now as it was we were relegated last week, which some seem to be doing, but Jesus Christ man, don't you want to stay in the PL?
Could all be done and dusted next weekend. on 16:50 - May 7 with 749 viewsLoyal

It's almost a possibility at the end of next season you would be looking forward to more new places to go with the same clueless owners.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024