Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will lessons be learned if we survive? 06:46 - May 8 with 7822 viewsE20Jack

I genuinely believe that the Americans took over completely underestimating the need in constant, quality investment in the playing side. Seeing us as a safe mid table Premier League side, and they would be able to get a cheap deal with minimal investment and get some nice dividends from the profits every year. Sadly I think Jenkins did nothing to convince them otherwise, not to rock the boat. If they knew the club needed £15m-£20m net spend at least per season they wouldnt have been so keen.

Unfortunately football, and more specifically Premier League football, isnt like that. You can not scrimp and save otherwise you will be found out extremely quickly and your £100m+ business could end up a £30m business struggling to even pay its running costs before you can say "Blackburn Rovers".

If we do stay up by a gnats hair, and there is still an awful lot of work to do for that to happen, do you think the Americans will have realised the errors of their ways and redirect club income towards the playing side (Gylfi and Borja sale + the usual £15m) or do you think we will continue to let our top players go and replace with the standard £5m player?

We should have a small squad full of quality in order to finance the wage structure. A but like the Laudrup era. The frustrating thing is after this debacle is over, we have a real chance to progress given the right backing, yet I have a horrible feeling that the vision of the fans and the vision of the owners do not marry up.

I think after this season is out, as 21% shareholder the Trust deserve to know what direction the club is going in, what are the actual immediate plans regarding transfer budget and whether it is a low investment "surviving excercise" or are we actually looking to improve the club.

Is this something the Trust will be doing?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Will lessons be learned if we survive? on 19:02 - May 16 with 363 viewsLNJack

Will lessons be learned if we survive? on 18:30 - May 16 by waynekerr55

Not much questioning of the Trust?

Have you got "The Resurrection" on ignore?

😉

As I said not been here long so not had the pleasure!

LNJack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024