Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters 08:52 - May 9 with 26584 viewsNirvana

Granted there aren't that many dumb enough to do it, but to everyone who knocks Siggy week after week (or at all) I offer you an open invite.

Since he is so bad and "jaded" or whatever and we should be happy to sell him, please list a few credible names you think would make better options for us if we stay up.

So far all I've seen from the usual anti-Siggy trolls are Adama Traore, Izzy Brown and Bojan. Thoroughly disappointing list of replacements for someone of Siggy's class and quality.

Not to mention they have a TOTAL of 4 goals, 1 assist in 45 top-flight games this season. That's not going to cut it, and production like that will have us relegated next season.

Anyone else got any names?
[Post edited 9 May 2017 8:53]
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 00:06 - May 20 with 1718 viewsNirvana

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 19:36 - May 19 by Rancid

Whoever Nirvana is he's good value👌

He's no newbie though obviously.

Dimi I'd say.

Thanks Rancid.

Although as I've said countless times now, I'm not a former poster.

End of.
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 00:42 - May 20 with 1691 viewsRancid

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 00:06 - May 20 by Nirvana

Thanks Rancid.

End of.

Keep it going buddy, new poster or not.It's great seeing someone stand up to the 'alphas' on here.Res done it well for a long time but one bad call about Siggy and they all came out of the woodwork.

Hope the weather's nice in Queensland for you 👍
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 00:59 - May 20 with 1679 viewsNirvana

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 00:42 - May 20 by Rancid

Keep it going buddy, new poster or not.It's great seeing someone stand up to the 'alphas' on here.Res done it well for a long time but one bad call about Siggy and they all came out of the woodwork.

Hope the weather's nice in Queensland for you 👍

Thanks Rancid.

But they're not alphas. Alphas don't talk sshitt on the internet, I can assure you.

But yeah, I don't take sshitt like that in real life and was tired of seeing some of these idiots say the same BS everyday on here.

I'm no sheriff, they're just trolls that need to be set straight and they'll go away. They come back, of course, but that's life. C’est la vie.

(edit: not sure about Queensland, but I'll check for you)
[Post edited 20 May 2017 1:00]
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 13:57 - May 21 with 1576 viewsMoscowJack

In an ideal world, we would get to see what Gylfi can do around far more talented players, but in a Swans shirt.

Unfortunately, we would need to buy a no.8 in the mould of Robbie James (in his pomp), at least one outstanding winger and a more mobile centre half capable of 20+ goals a season to do that.

Some will look at Gylfi's contribution in open play and say that we rely so much on his set-pieces BECAUSE of his lack of goals (just four all season) and lack of assists from open play. I don't think it's worth ignoring this point, but balanced against what success we have from his set-pieces, Gylfi is still vital to our team.

I think we should be building a team around him.....having players who can take the pressure off him by delivering more goals and making Gylfi not the only one to mark on the pitch. For example, if we had a winger AND a central midfielder banging in the goals for us, Gylfi wouldn't be so tightly marked.

I can't see us keeping Gylfi AND spending a net £30m-£40m on quality players who are able to chip in with 10+ goals a season each. Even if we sell Borja for £10m-£15m, most of that money will need to be spent on replacing him with someone able to offer a challenge to Llorente, so it doesn't change the situation.

Nate, Routs, Nairsingh and Barrow (and maybe Ayew too) simply don't offer enough goal-threat and that's what we need next season from our front four. Pace and goals.

Gylfi's work-rate and set-pieces should compliment the others, but at the moment it's almost all we have to offer.

Should Gylfi leave for a bigger club (and I think he will) then I pray that we get top dollar for him and replace him with someone capable of making an immediate impact. That's not an easy ask but it's what HJ & Co are paid a LOT of money to do.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 18:35 - May 21 with 1516 viewsrock1n

How anyone can dislike a player as good as Siggy literally baffles me, should be playing for a top 6 side.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 18:49 - May 21 with 1501 viewsZZoric

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 13:57 - May 21 by MoscowJack

In an ideal world, we would get to see what Gylfi can do around far more talented players, but in a Swans shirt.

Unfortunately, we would need to buy a no.8 in the mould of Robbie James (in his pomp), at least one outstanding winger and a more mobile centre half capable of 20+ goals a season to do that.

Some will look at Gylfi's contribution in open play and say that we rely so much on his set-pieces BECAUSE of his lack of goals (just four all season) and lack of assists from open play. I don't think it's worth ignoring this point, but balanced against what success we have from his set-pieces, Gylfi is still vital to our team.

I think we should be building a team around him.....having players who can take the pressure off him by delivering more goals and making Gylfi not the only one to mark on the pitch. For example, if we had a winger AND a central midfielder banging in the goals for us, Gylfi wouldn't be so tightly marked.

I can't see us keeping Gylfi AND spending a net £30m-£40m on quality players who are able to chip in with 10+ goals a season each. Even if we sell Borja for £10m-£15m, most of that money will need to be spent on replacing him with someone able to offer a challenge to Llorente, so it doesn't change the situation.

Nate, Routs, Nairsingh and Barrow (and maybe Ayew too) simply don't offer enough goal-threat and that's what we need next season from our front four. Pace and goals.

Gylfi's work-rate and set-pieces should compliment the others, but at the moment it's almost all we have to offer.

Should Gylfi leave for a bigger club (and I think he will) then I pray that we get top dollar for him and replace him with someone capable of making an immediate impact. That's not an easy ask but it's what HJ & Co are paid a LOT of money to do.

Disagree wholeheartedly about Gylfi around more talented players.

The man revels when he's the main man - Iceland/Swans. For me the Spurs experience epitomised that.

Bring him in to the fold, make him captain. He is 2 steps ahead of most. He has the ability to galvanize and drive this squad - but needs to be given the responsibility to do so
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 19:51 - May 21 with 1456 viewsTheResurrection

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 13:57 - May 21 by MoscowJack

Good post Nick and fair assessment.

For me, you can't build a team around Siggy as he's too slow, doesn't go past a man, not got the greatest first touch and is genuinely very ordinary in open play.

Watching Ayew the last couple of months he would be a far superior number 10 than Siggy is. He's got all of the above that Siggy hasn't but in addition to that, the X factor number 10's rely on to make that extra real bit of difference in that position.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 19:53 - May 21 with 1449 viewsJackSomething

Chris actually has a point about how many goals and assists have come from Siggy's set pieces rather than open play. But surely that's a reflection of our style of play at the moment rather than his ability?

I haven't looked at the stats, but seem to remember plenty of goals and assists from open play in previous seasons, especially his connection with Bony. If we adopt a more passing approach next season and add some suitable players, surely that side of Gylfi's game will be back on display?

I find it baffling to advocate 'getting rid' of a player who is obviously a huge asset.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 19:56 - May 21 with 1432 viewsTheResurrection

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 19:53 - May 21 by JackSomething

Chris actually has a point about how many goals and assists have come from Siggy's set pieces rather than open play. But surely that's a reflection of our style of play at the moment rather than his ability?

I haven't looked at the stats, but seem to remember plenty of goals and assists from open play in previous seasons, especially his connection with Bony. If we adopt a more passing approach next season and add some suitable players, surely that side of Gylfi's game will be back on display?

I find it baffling to advocate 'getting rid' of a player who is obviously a huge asset.

I think you are right to a degree but it's embarrassing watching him trying to create ANYTHING from open play.

He reminds me of a drunk Peter Crouch in midfield.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 20:00 - May 21 with 1425 viewsJack_Meoff

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 18:35 - May 21 by rock1n

How anyone can dislike a player as good as Siggy literally baffles me, should be playing for a top 6 side.

Just hoping that the fact that he's been to a top 6 side and didn't quite cut it means he'll stay with us next season...

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 20:04 - May 21 with 1412 viewsZZoric

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 19:51 - May 21 by TheResurrection

Good post Nick and fair assessment.

For me, you can't build a team around Siggy as he's too slow, doesn't go past a man, not got the greatest first touch and is genuinely very ordinary in open play.

Watching Ayew the last couple of months he would be a far superior number 10 than Siggy is. He's got all of the above that Siggy hasn't but in addition to that, the X factor number 10's rely on to make that extra real bit of difference in that position.

With respect Ayew vs Gylfi as #10 is incomparable in our set-up

Building a team around Gylfi is precisely what we need to do right now - to draw out the best in everybody - the man leads by example and his Football (and IQ) Intelligence is off the chart

Ayew absolutely has an x-factor - which has been leveraged cleverly by PC
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 20:21 - May 21 with 1374 viewsUxbridge

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 20:04 - May 21 by ZZoric

Building a team around Gylfi is precisely what we need to do right now - to draw out the best in everybody - the man leads by example and his Football (and IQ) Intelligence is off the chart

Indeed he does, and today further emphasised how much better he'd be playing on the left side of a 4-5-1. He's no striker though, and I really don't see him as a #10 where it negates his real strength of running at people.

The Gylfi pace, or lack of, thing is all fair comment. It's the reason he's here rather than a real top level club. Luckily for us. True he's not hit the heights in open play that he has in the past but I'd tend to look at what he's had around him, how he's been shuffled around and our general incompetence all season. And even then, he's played a massive part in us being dragged kicking and screaming to safety.

However, Moscow's point of whether we need to sell him to fund the sort of squad changes many, including I, think we need is another story. There are a fair few players we need rid of but not sure how many suitors they will have. To bring in players, we may have difficult choices.

I do hope we don't have to sell him though... I'd build the team around him, with a Borja replacement to provide some mobility up front, a Joe Allen type to replace Leon (who will still have a role) and look to improve our wide players. I much prefer how we ended up the game today.... Two wide players, 5 in midfield with Gylfi pulling the strings. It wouldn't take much for us to be better than a lot of the dirge in this division.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 20:22 - May 21 with 1368 viewsmorningstar

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 20:04 - May 21 by ZZoric

Use commas mun!

Thick tvvat!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 20:37 - May 21 with 1337 viewsJackSomething

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 19:56 - May 21 by TheResurrection

I think you are right to a degree but it's embarrassing watching him trying to create ANYTHING from open play.

He reminds me of a drunk Peter Crouch in midfield.

I'll stick to my guns that it's more about the players/movement around him rather than his ability. His interplay with Bony (in just half a season together I think?) was breathtaking at times.

He doesn't have the speed, so he needs others to provide it and movement around him to play to his strengths in open play. Teddy Sheringham never had a lot of pace, but was dictating play into his late 30's. I'm not suggesting that Gylfi is that good, but having a better team around him would make a huge difference in my opinion.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 20:40 - May 21 with 1329 viewsWarwickHunt

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 20:22 - May 21 by morningstar

Use commas mun!

Thick tvvat!

Use commas, mun!
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 20:53 - May 21 with 1293 viewsrock1n

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 20:00 - May 21 by Jack_Meoff

Just hoping that the fact that he's been to a top 6 side and didn't quite cut it means he'll stay with us next season...

pochettino regretted his exit

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 20:58 - May 21 with 1289 viewsmonmouth

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 20:21 - May 21 by Uxbridge

Indeed he does, and today further emphasised how much better he'd be playing on the left side of a 4-5-1. He's no striker though, and I really don't see him as a #10 where it negates his real strength of running at people.

The Gylfi pace, or lack of, thing is all fair comment. It's the reason he's here rather than a real top level club. Luckily for us. True he's not hit the heights in open play that he has in the past but I'd tend to look at what he's had around him, how he's been shuffled around and our general incompetence all season. And even then, he's played a massive part in us being dragged kicking and screaming to safety.

However, Moscow's point of whether we need to sell him to fund the sort of squad changes many, including I, think we need is another story. There are a fair few players we need rid of but not sure how many suitors they will have. To bring in players, we may have difficult choices.

I do hope we don't have to sell him though... I'd build the team around him, with a Borja replacement to provide some mobility up front, a Joe Allen type to replace Leon (who will still have a role) and look to improve our wide players. I much prefer how we ended up the game today.... Two wide players, 5 in midfield with Gylfi pulling the strings. It wouldn't take much for us to be better than a lot of the dirge in this division.

I thought Tom Carroll was pulling the strings after Leon went off.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 21:07 - May 21 with 1269 viewsmorningstar

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 20:40 - May 21 by WarwickHunt

Use commas, mun!

Incorrect!

Nice try though.

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 21:11 - May 21 with 1256 viewsStarsky

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 21:07 - May 21 by morningstar

Incorrect!

Nice try though.

Phil is never wrong. Go stand in the corner.

It's just the internet, init.

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 21:11 - May 21 with 1254 viewsmonmouth

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 21:07 - May 21 by morningstar

Incorrect!

Nice try though.

Stop digging, mun.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 21:20 - May 21 with 1232 viewsmorningstar

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 21:11 - May 21 by monmouth

Stop digging, mun.

There's no need for a comma in 'Stop digging mun.'

Ok ok, i'm off mun!

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 21:23 - May 21 with 1219 viewsWarwickHunt

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 21:20 - May 21 by morningstar

There's no need for a comma in 'Stop digging mun.'

Ok ok, i'm off mun!

See me after school.

http://www.english-grammar-lessons.co.uk/lessons/commas_with_vocative_case.htm
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 21:26 - May 21 with 1206 viewsmorningstar

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 21:23 - May 21 by WarwickHunt

See me after school.

http://www.english-grammar-lessons.co.uk/lessons/commas_with_vocative_case.htm

Worra cvnt!

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 21:26 - May 21 with 1206 viewsJackanapes

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 00:06 - May 20 by Nirvana

Thanks Rancid.

End of.

Oh yes you are.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 21:28 - May 21 with 1199 viewsWarwickHunt

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 21:26 - May 21 by morningstar

Worra cvnt!

Ow, mush - fack off!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024