Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcelino appointed as new manager of Valencia 12:46 - May 12 with 3220 viewsMyFinalHeaven

http://www.eurosport.com/football/marcelino-named-valencia-coach_sto6161645/stor

I said it before here but I'll say it again: he should have been the one to replace Guidolin.

It really is a travesty how he was interviewed by somehow Bradley was chosen over him (Christ). It was an absolute no brainer. Personally, if I was Levien or Kaplan I wouldn't have even wasted time with an interview and just hired him as soon as Guidolin was gone. In 3 1/2 seasons this guy fvcking got Villarreal promoted, recruited wonderfully despite being on a shoestring budget, and lead them to two 6th place finishes before leading them to 4th (Champions League!) last season, all while playing wonderful football.

It's worth stating that we came up against his Villarreal side once, albeit in a friendly. As you may remember, his lads thoroughly bossed ours, and they won 3-0:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/28725401

We had a chance to appoint one of the best young managers in the game today and we completely blew it. If we do end up getting relegated and it does turn out that Clement was not the right guy to keep us up, then we will live to sorely regret this decision, perhaps even more than Jenkins' decision to turn down Koeman for Monk.

Come on you Swans.

Marcelino appointed as new manager of Valencia on 12:49 - May 12 with 3213 viewsFerrieBodde

Marcelino would have been great for Borja and complimented him wonderfully. If there was one manager out there who could get the best out of him, then it would have been Marcelino.
[Post edited 12 May 2017 12:50]
Marcelino appointed as new manager of Valencia on 14:12 - May 12 with 3122 viewsLandore_Jack

Agree with the Op. He was probably ruled out due to the question mark of speaking English.

#backtojack

Marcelino appointed as new manager of Valencia on 16:49 - May 12 with 2992 viewsjack247

They wanted to appoint Bob Bradley. Whoever else was 'in contention' at the time was never going to get the job, no matter what was on their CV. They judged him by his passport.
Marcelino appointed as new manager of Valencia on 17:38 - May 12 with 2959 viewsmonmouth

Koeman and Marcelino vs Monk and Bradley

Explain that away Jenkins.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Marcelino appointed as new manager of Valencia on 10:02 - May 19 with 2812 viewsConcerned_Parent

Marcelino appointed as new manager of Valencia on 17:38 - May 12 by monmouth

Koeman and Marcelino vs Monk and Bradley

Explain that away Jenkins.

Jenkins is a control freak who wanted someone who would do his bidding. Monk was perfect for this. He was like his lapdog.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024