Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Movies what u watched in the cinema 20:43 - May 12 with 3283 viewsLord_Bony

Alien Covenant its good fair play.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

What movies you watched in the cinema on 21:30 - May 12 with 2562 viewsmorningstar

What movies you watched in the cinema? Well from memory, the first one i remember was 'Anne of a thousand days' my mothers choice, we were on holidays in ilfracombe (camping in a tent, we couldn't afford hotels and the like in them days), anyway it rained all week, so a few days later we went to see 'The battle of Britain', which i really enjoyed.
As far as Swansea cinemas go, the first movie i remember watching was Zulu, in the Carlton with my late Grandfather, awesome movie and still one of my all time favourites, certainly better than the Poseidon Adventure with Ernest Borgnine, who whilst a decent actor he always seemed to play bit parts like 'cabbie' in Escape from New York.
Anyway, enough of me waffling on, i've also seen The Sound of Music, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, and hundreds of others over the years, if you'd like any more info on movies i've watched in the cinema, it's best you PM me though as you know what people are like on here.

Oh, and Saving Private Ryan, I watched that one in the cinema as well, great movie, but not as good as Thunderbirds.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

What movies you watched in the cinema on 21:38 - May 12 with 2554 viewslifelong

Jaws.

In the Odeon on the Kingsway, sometime in the middle to late 70's.
What movies you watched in the cinema on 21:40 - May 12 with 2550 viewsEbo

What movies you watched in the cinema on 21:38 - May 12 by lifelong

Jaws.

In the Odeon on the Kingsway, sometime in the middle to late 70's.

I saw that around that time in the little cinema they used to have in Trecco bay

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

What movies you watched in the cinema on 22:33 - May 12 with 2517 viewsLord_Bony

What movies you watched in the cinema on 21:30 - May 12 by morningstar

What movies you watched in the cinema? Well from memory, the first one i remember was 'Anne of a thousand days' my mothers choice, we were on holidays in ilfracombe (camping in a tent, we couldn't afford hotels and the like in them days), anyway it rained all week, so a few days later we went to see 'The battle of Britain', which i really enjoyed.
As far as Swansea cinemas go, the first movie i remember watching was Zulu, in the Carlton with my late Grandfather, awesome movie and still one of my all time favourites, certainly better than the Poseidon Adventure with Ernest Borgnine, who whilst a decent actor he always seemed to play bit parts like 'cabbie' in Escape from New York.
Anyway, enough of me waffling on, i've also seen The Sound of Music, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, and hundreds of others over the years, if you'd like any more info on movies i've watched in the cinema, it's best you PM me though as you know what people are like on here.

Oh, and Saving Private Ryan, I watched that one in the cinema as well, great movie, but not as good as Thunderbirds.

Thanks for going to all that effort.

I ve pm d you if you could compile a full list by the weeks end I would be most interested to read. Thankyou.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

What movies you watched in the cinema on 22:48 - May 12 with 2497 viewsmorningstar

What movies you watched in the cinema on 22:33 - May 12 by Lord_Bony

Thanks for going to all that effort.

I ve pm d you if you could compile a full list by the weeks end I would be most interested to read. Thankyou.

Towering inferno in the Albert Hall. i also watched 'Diamonds are forever' there and the 'Planet of the apes'. The one with Charlton Heston in. Grease in the Castle cinema, where i was the first person to finger Julie Ford. Oh, and 'Saturday night fever' in the old Studio cinemas.

What movies you watched in the cinema on 23:00 - May 12 with 2478 viewsLord_Bony

Some of my favorites

A Woman Under the Influence (1974) ...
Cinema Paradiso (1988) ...
To Kill a Mockingbird (1962) ...
The Godfather: Part II (1974) ...
Annie Hall (1977) ...
Boogie Nights (1997) ...
The Red Shoes (1948) Director: Michael Powell, Emeric Pressburger. ...
Taxi Driver (1976) Director: Martin Scorsese

I would also like to include The Muppets Christmas special in with that too.

What movies you watched in the cinema on 23:39 - May 12 with 2453 viewsmorningstar

What movies you watched in the cinema on 23:00 - May 12 by Lord_Bony

Some of my favorites

A Woman Under the Influence (1974) ...
Cinema Paradiso (1988) ...
To Kill a Mockingbird (1962) ...
The Godfather: Part II (1974) ...
Annie Hall (1977) ...
Boogie Nights (1997) ...
The Red Shoes (1948) Director: Michael Powell, Emeric Pressburger. ...
Taxi Driver (1976) Director: Martin Scorsese

I would also like to include The Muppets Christmas special in with that too.

You went to the cinema in 1948!

What movies you watched in the cinema on 11:05 - May 13 with 2367 viewsLoyal

The gobble sisters is a classic. The old Friday night late opening at the cinema, early 90's
( scuse the pun )
Took a girlfriend to the cinema in 1993. I thought it would be a nailed on BJ once her inside leg got all wet. She was a bit slow coming forward so I whipped the old boy out for her to scream and run out the cinema, true story. Never saw her again until last Christmas, I winked at her and smiled. She looked like she was going to vomit.

I think she remembered.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

What movies you watched in the cinema on 12:11 - May 13 with 2341 viewsswanjackal

Condorman (Michael Crawford) in Maesteg Cinema was my first , but oddly can't remember the last time I went to the cinema.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

What movies you watched in the cinema on 12:15 - May 13 with 2337 viewsLord_Bony

What movies you watched in the cinema on 12:11 - May 13 by swanjackal

Condorman (Michael Crawford) in Maesteg Cinema was my first , but oddly can't remember the last time I went to the cinema.

Was that The Plaza or the one on the main road next to the salvation army hall?

What movies you watched in the cinema on 12:36 - May 13 with 2317 viewsswanjackal

What movies you watched in the cinema on 12:15 - May 13 by Lord_Bony

Was that The Plaza or the one on the main road next to the salvation army hall?

The "New life" centre by the Sally army.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Movies what u watched in the cinema on 17:02 - May 13 with 2234 viewsLord_Bony

Ah yes also known as "The Regal"

Movies what u watched in the cinema on 17:39 - May 13 with 2210 viewsFieryJack

Movies what u watched in the cinema on 17:02 - May 13 by Lord_Bony

I was traumatised by my early visits to the cinema as a pre-10-year-old.

My mum had suffered some unwelcome advances from some sleaze bag when visiting on her own so she must have persuaded the manager to allow her to take me in with her on future visits, assuming my presence would deter these dubious chancers.

As a result I witnessed a lot of violent X rated films (as they were called then) at a tender age.

The scenes imprinted on my too young mind included:

Bullit: some bloke getting shot in the face from close range in the iconic Steve McQueen thriller.

Shalako: the gorgeous Brigitte Bardot getting choked to death by Red Indians with her own necklace.

Once Upon a Time in the West: young children being brutally & sadistically murdered by a psychopathic Henry Fonda (this was the most shocking to me).

Spaghetti Westerns: too much violence to list.

Strangely, these are now amongst my all time favourite films.
Movies what u watched in the cinema on 17:50 - May 13 with 2199 viewsswanjackal

Movies what u watched in the cinema on 17:02 - May 13 by Lord_Bony

Yep, although was only 6 when it closed down.

Around there reminds me of a typical sat night growing up, chippy from castle street chip shop, and a betamax movie from Moruzzi's, both just up the road from there. Innocent times.

Movies what u watched in the cinema on 18:05 - May 13 with 2176 viewsexiledclaseboy

We watched Gladiator in the old cinema in Tenby years ago. I said at the time and maintain to this day that it's a bloody awful film.
[Post edited 13 May 2017 18:21]

Poll: Tory leader

Movies what u watched in the cinema on 18:12 - May 13 with 2168 viewsswanjackal

Movies what u watched in the cinema on 18:05 - May 13 by exiledclaseboy

We watched Gladiator in the old cinema in Tenby years ago. I said at the time and maintain to this day that it's a bloody awful film.
[Post edited 13 May 2017 18:21]

Never watched it.

Worst experience was watching City Slickers in the old Port Talbot cinema. So bad, left 30 mins into it, sacrificing getting my fingers wet (lass was even in trackie bottoms ready). A bad film ruined the potential of a good day.

Movies what u watched in the cinema on 18:18 - May 13 with 2162 viewsLord_Bony

Has anyone ever had the misfortune of sitting through a turkey of a film so bad you feel like crying and for some reason your arse is aching on the seat.

Worse still you fall asleep and start snoring much to the annoyance of the audience.

I know I have.

This one was so bad recently I wanted to kick off and ask for a refund.

Movies what u watched in the cinema on 18:22 - May 13 with 2154 viewsswanjackal

Movies what u watched in the cinema on 18:18 - May 13 by Lord_Bony

Has anyone ever had the misfortune of sitting through a turkey of a film so bad you feel like crying and for some reason your arse is aching on the seat.

Worse still you fall asleep and start snoring much to the annoyance of the audience.

I know I have.

This one was so bad recently I wanted to kick off and ask for a refund.

Part of the reason I won't go. I can't watch a film these days regardless of how good it is without nodding off.

Also, if it's shite, I will walk out.

Movies what u watched in the cinema on 18:28 - May 13 with 2145 viewsLord_Bony

Movies what u watched in the cinema on 18:22 - May 13 by swanjackal

Part of the reason I won't go. I can't watch a film these days regardless of how good it is without nodding off.

Also, if it's shite, I will walk out.

Yeah nothing worse than 10 mins into a film you realise youve been duped.

But human nature being what it is most of us will sit through it till the end in order to get our monies worth or at least in the hope,often in vain,that things will improve.but seldom does.

There should be a complaints section in all cinemas.

Movies what u watched in the cinema on 18:33 - May 13 with 2136 viewsJackfath

Les miserables is shit. People singing at one another dreadful. To cap it off some fat stinker had her face in a bag of Maltesers then minstrels and then revels. Big bags she ate the lot the fatty.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Movies what u watched in the cinema on 18:36 - May 13 with 2131 viewsLord_Bony

yes being surrounded by people who eat and crunch ALL THE WAY through the film is a pet hate of mine...especially behind me.

Eat in the house ffs.

Worse offenders...-popcorn rustlers...followed by nacho nibblers.

Movies what u watched in the cinema on 20:04 - May 13 with 2091 viewsItchySphincter

Lego Batman. F*cking immense!

Recommended.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

What movies you watched in the cinema on 20:29 - May 13 with 2080 viewsjack2jack

What movies you watched in the cinema on 22:48 - May 12 by morningstar

Towering inferno in the Albert Hall. i also watched 'Diamonds are forever' there and the 'Planet of the apes'. The one with Charlton Heston in. Grease in the Castle cinema, where i was the first person to finger Julie Ford. Oh, and 'Saturday night fever' in the old Studio cinemas.

Diamond are Forever first one I saw at the Odeon,about '71/72
Movies what u watched in the cinema on 20:44 - May 13 with 2072 viewsjojaca

I was dissappointed with it. Far too many plot holes.

Even when you know, you never know?

Movies what u watched in the cinema on 21:01 - May 13 with 2065 viewsmajorraglan

As a small kid growing up in the early 70s times were tough, money was tight and strikes were common. We didn't get to go to the pictures very often and I suppose not going as a kid hasn't generated a great enthusiasm in me to go now., but I think one of the first times I went the pictures was to see Bambi with my cousin as a birthday treat. One memorable trip (not) was my auntie and my mother taking me and my cousins to the Plaza in Port Talbot to see Gary Glitter and some other drivel, it was truly grim.

I can remember seeing Star Wars at the Odeon in Swansea in the mid 70s and being really bored and disappointed. Saw Jaws in the Plaza, big improvement on Gary Glitter! My cousins dad was one of the first people in our street to have a video, he worked down the steel works and got plenty of videos, it was much cheaper than the pictures!

Can also remember me and a mate going to the Abbey in Neath and blagging our way in to see The Wanderers, we were about 15 trying to get in to an 18, walked up to the till on tip toes to look taller!

Places like the Plaza, Odeon, Castle in Swansea all part of history and long gone now, the wife took one of the boys to the pictures this morning - £17 for the two of them - Scandalous!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024