Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Protest 17 WBA 18:03 - May 14 with 18662 viewsRedAlert

We are a group of long term Swansea City supporters who will protest at the continued tenure of Huw Jenkins at the final game of this years premier league season. Certain non visible actions have been undertaken this season to make Jenkins and his cohorts aware we are unhappy at their continued presence at the club.

The reasoning for this is the sale of the club in 2016.

1. The non inclusion of the trust in negotiations. This is because a previous a bidder for our club was vetted by the trust and vetoed resulting in a non sale. The trust were not included in the actual sale some months later obviously due to the original veto.

2. This is because certain board members were to benefit to the tune of some millions and the inclusion of the trust in the sale may have prevented this windfall. Aside to this documentation is in existence that states this was not in agreement and any attempt to do so would be viewed negatively.

3. The non investment in to the club since the unamed American consortium was announced as owners. Yes there are a variety of front men, but these are not the actual owners of SCFC. Their continued payroll of Huw Jenkins is obviously their way of keeping the fans at arms length.

ACTION

To prevent further supporters action we now call upon the current front men in America to remove Huw Jenkins from any role at Swansea City in the week leading up to the WBA home game. If this is not apparent at the conclusion of the game we urge all supporters with Swansea City at heart to walk on to the pitch ( much the same as supporters did when the club reached the play off final v Reading, none were arrested and nobody was banned from the ground ) this is clearly a club precedent which enables supporters to do the same thing on Sunday. The protest we ask is lawful with supporters vocalising their discontent. We do not expect any steward employed by the club to prevent this and request they step aside to enable peaceful protest. Please be advised it is your democratic right to do so and you should not be prevented by any person in a democratic country. Yes, there are a variety of laws in relation to this but as stated stated none were activated after the Nottingham Forest playoff semi final. We expect the same on Sunday. Irrespective of your view we expect this to also to be enabled by those Swansea City supporters content with the current strategy in place for our club by these Americans. If needs be you can protest your dislike from the stand. We do not expect or desire any confrontation between fellow Swansea fans.

Much has been done this season outside of public view, we now encourage Swansea fans to make the step forwards publicly and protest post game on the pitch as to Huw Jenkins continued tenure at the club. We ( all of us ) are a group of supporters who have always been different, we have always had the clubs best interests at heart. Est 2001. Please bring your voices and banners on Sunday to bring about change at our club.

We urged no pitch encroachment until the end of the game and the final whistle.

Now is the time. Protest 2017. In the name of your club, to remove the greed in football.
We understand the website owner can leave this as a header to this forum and respectfully ask they do so.
[Post edited 14 May 2017 18:08]
Protest 17 WBA on 15:55 - May 15 with 1950 viewsjack247

Protest 17 WBA on 15:33 - May 15 by keith_gatebroth

So you want to piss on the chips and spoil the celebrations at the match next Sunday. I suggest you do your demonstrating outside the ground, that way it will not affect the party atmosphere inside. By the way I agree with the thread just think it's the wrong time to do it.

I'm genuinely not convinced we need a celebration. It's a massive relief yes, but it's been a dog of a season. Our worst since coming up.

Are West Brom having a party for not getting relegated? Are Burnley or Bournemouth?

I do get why people want to celebrate, but I think the owners need to be reminded that this season as a whole just wasn't good enough, not lauded for it.
Protest 17 WBA on 15:58 - May 15 with 1944 viewsDarran

Protest 17 WBA on 15:55 - May 15 by jack247

I'm genuinely not convinced we need a celebration. It's a massive relief yes, but it's been a dog of a season. Our worst since coming up.

Are West Brom having a party for not getting relegated? Are Burnley or Bournemouth?

I do get why people want to celebrate, but I think the owners need to be reminded that this season as a whole just wasn't good enough, not lauded for it.

Great post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Protest 17 WBA on 15:59 - May 15 with 1937 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Wait for them outside the west stand before and after the game, meet them face to face.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Protest 17 WBA on 16:04 - May 15 with 1921 viewsherbie

Protest 17 WBA on 15:59 - May 15 by oh_tommy_tommy

Wait for them outside the west stand before and after the game, meet them face to face.

The players and coaching staff deserve praise for surviving in difficult circumstances. I for one will be applauding them and not spoiling the occassion on Sunday. I also have no issue (not yet at least) with the new owners who do now seem to have bought into what the club means and what it needs to be successful-common interest there.
Protest 17 WBA on 16:06 - May 15 with 1912 viewswaynekerr55

Just fall in line and accept it - be grateful that us, the great unwashed have this. We are customers and consumers, fans do not matter

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Protest 17 WBA on 16:08 - May 15 with 1909 viewsMeraki

Protest 17 WBA on 16:04 - May 15 by herbie

The players and coaching staff deserve praise for surviving in difficult circumstances. I for one will be applauding them and not spoiling the occassion on Sunday. I also have no issue (not yet at least) with the new owners who do now seem to have bought into what the club means and what it needs to be successful-common interest there.

The club needs investment - which we were told what this takeover was all about?

So why have they invested the square root of f*ck all so far...
Protest 17 WBA on 16:10 - May 15 with 1899 viewsjack247

Protest 17 WBA on 16:04 - May 15 by herbie

Did you miss the summer transfer window and the Bob Bradley appointment then? Credit where it's due they came up trumps by appointing Clement and splashing out in January, but they were only tidying up their own mess.

I do agree the players deserve applause on Sunday, particularly the ones that may be playing their last game for us.

What we don't need is to act like we have won the Champions league just for finishing above Hull, Boro and Sunderland
Protest 17 WBA on 16:29 - May 15 with 1861 viewsOldjack

Protest 17 WBA on 16:08 - May 15 by Meraki

The club needs investment - which we were told what this takeover was all about?

So why have they invested the square root of f*ck all so far...

this is where the massive deception takes place ,masterminded by treacherous Huw a few years back, INVESTMENT MY ARSE ,The Yanks are takers not givers

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Protest 17 WBA on 16:31 - May 15 with 1854 viewsOldjack

Protest 17 WBA on 16:10 - May 15 by jack247

Did you miss the summer transfer window and the Bob Bradley appointment then? Credit where it's due they came up trumps by appointing Clement and splashing out in January, but they were only tidying up their own mess.

I do agree the players deserve applause on Sunday, particularly the ones that may be playing their last game for us.

What we don't need is to act like we have won the Champions league just for finishing above Hull, Boro and Sunderland

oi they did not dip into their pockets ,just slightly dented their takings of our tv money

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Protest 17 WBA on 16:40 - May 15 with 1833 viewsjack247

Protest 17 WBA on 16:31 - May 15 by Oldjack

oi they did not dip into their pockets ,just slightly dented their takings of our tv money

In fairness, the bulk of that probably goes on wages?

Either way, a net profit in the main transfer window when the squad was already on its arse and most of our peers were strengthening was nowhere near acceptable.
Protest 17 WBA on 18:17 - May 15 with 1740 viewsBorojack

Protest 17 WBA on 13:40 - May 15 by Pegojack

I don't agree with pitch invasions.

Now that we're safe, I want to see the Trust coming out pretty smartish with a statement on what happens next with the possible legal action against the sell outs.

Come on, boys, let us know where we stand. A poll of Trust members on legal action, or not?

Spot on Jenkins and co need to be made accountable.
But Sunday is not the time since the turn of the year we have picked up 26 points from 18 games.
As opposed to 12 from 19 prior.
And Sunday should be a celebration of that achievement.
The Trust should put out a statement on there intentions and go from there.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Protest 17 WBA on 19:51 - May 15 with 1681 views1983

Are the trust aware we didn't get relegated?

Protest 17 WBA on 22:17 - May 15 with 1612 viewsBillyChong

Spot on
Protest 17 WBA on 23:00 - May 15 with 1589 viewsLoyal

Protest 17 WBA on 19:51 - May 15 by 1983

Are the trust aware we didn't get relegated?

Ux ?
Care to comment on behalf of the trust ?
Has it been communicated ?
Stu and Will in discussions ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Protest 17 WBA on 23:15 - May 15 with 1574 viewsmonmouth

100% this. I'm really undecided whether to go, but I do want to applaud PC and team.

For my money, the Trust should put out a fresh summary and as stinging as legally possible resume of the post sale events to make sure that the sellouts actions are in the public eye on friday or Saturday to all major news outlets, national and local, not their website. It should, if there is to be a vote on legal action be ended with exactly that commitment.

If there's to be no legal action, at the very least the line must be drawn, and drawn before the season finishes and no one gives a shit, with the team, the Trust and (because we're stuck with it) the Yanks on one side, and sell outs on the other.

A line must not be allowed to be drawn as past vs future, learn lessons, build bridges, bygones, we are where we are, yadda yadda.

Oh and if there is to be no legal action a full legal explanation of why not addressing all of the potential grounds rehearsed frequently on here needs to follow, not just 'legal advice was against'.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Protest 17 WBA on 01:21 - May 16 with 1519 viewsMeraki

Protest 17 WBA on 23:15 - May 15 by monmouth

100% this. I'm really undecided whether to go, but I do want to applaud PC and team.

For my money, the Trust should put out a fresh summary and as stinging as legally possible resume of the post sale events to make sure that the sellouts actions are in the public eye on friday or Saturday to all major news outlets, national and local, not their website. It should, if there is to be a vote on legal action be ended with exactly that commitment.

If there's to be no legal action, at the very least the line must be drawn, and drawn before the season finishes and no one gives a shit, with the team, the Trust and (because we're stuck with it) the Yanks on one side, and sell outs on the other.

A line must not be allowed to be drawn as past vs future, learn lessons, build bridges, bygones, we are where we are, yadda yadda.

Oh and if there is to be no legal action a full legal explanation of why not addressing all of the potential grounds rehearsed frequently on here needs to follow, not just 'legal advice was against'.

Transparency & communication with their members as they promised.
Protest 17 WBA on 08:31 - May 16 with 1450 viewsUxbridge

Protest 17 WBA on 23:00 - May 15 by Loyal

Ux ?
Care to comment on behalf of the trust ?
Has it been communicated ?
Stu and Will in discussions ?

Er, yes I can confirm the Trust is aware the club didn't get relegated. I even had a glass or two to celebrate.

Not entirely sure what the rest is asking. In terms of discussions, I assume you mean discussions with the Americans. If they're over, I would expect those to commence this weekend.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Protest 17 WBA on 11:46 - May 16 with 1376 viewsConkFinder

Hey boys, I am in the ground, somewhere underneath one of the corner flags. I'm protesting regards the thread removal system on planet swans. You have my support but as you can see I have far more pressing matters to deal with.

Hiding in the ground until Sunday. I will report my locations throughout the week.

Protest 17 WBA on 12:03 - May 16 with 1358 viewsNeathJack

If for some people, an end of season game with absolutely nothing riding on it isn't the time to let the board know exactly how we feel about them then for them, there never will be a time.

This is quite simply the perfect opportunity for the fan base to unite as one and let the powers that be know exactly how we feel about Jenkins, Dineen et all.

Suck it up.
Protest 17 WBA on 12:25 - May 16 with 1335 viewsSwanjaxs

Protest 17 WBA on 12:03 - May 16 by NeathJack

If for some people, an end of season game with absolutely nothing riding on it isn't the time to let the board know exactly how we feel about them then for them, there never will be a time.

This is quite simply the perfect opportunity for the fan base to unite as one and let the powers that be know exactly how we feel about Jenkins, Dineen et all.

Suck it up.

Spot on! We need to let Jenkins, Morgan, Dineen and John the clog know they will never be forgiven for selling off the family silver and Sunday is the perfect opportunity

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Protest 17 WBA on 12:30 - May 16 with 1324 viewsMeraki

Protest 17 WBA on 12:03 - May 16 by NeathJack

Suck it up.

Amen!
Protest 17 WBA on 14:18 - May 16 with 1237 viewsQJumpingJack

It will be interesting to see what Jenkins' writes in his programme notes vs WBA.
Hopefully the Trust will be on the front foot and have a statement ready to go on Sunday to give the fans a lift as we head into the Summer.
Protest 17 WBA on 16:21 - May 17 with 1070 viewsvetchonian

Do we honestly think a"protest" such as this will make any difference or sway the Yanks?
Look at Blackpool as an example how many protests have they had against the owners ?
Todays situation is a long way from the Petty saga......these are hard headed business men not chancers...the club next season has an automatic revenue from the PL far in excess of the contribution from us paying customers unlike Petty who relied on gate receipts.....if they wanted to the Yanks can siphon out monies via management fees and use the income surplus form transfers and the PL money to recoup their "investment" then walk away.
What about if we see no investment or change in the summer all staying away .....how would they feel about pictures of an empty stadium being beamed back to the US?

any sort of pitch invasion incurs penalties to the club whcih could be in the form of points deduction......would we want to start next season with a minus points tally and financial .....I can hear the statement now "we would have spent more on signings but for the fact we had to pay the PL a fine as our fans broke the rules and invaded the pitch " and whilst nothing happened following the Notts Forest play off I bet the authorities would be down on us like a ton of bricks.
Hopefully the Trust will be taking Legal action soon or using the treat of this to negotiate.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Protest 17 WBA on 16:22 - May 17 with 1067 viewsvetchonian

Protest 17 WBA on 09:45 - May 15 by QJumpingJack

The club has become greedy, arrogant and cold (apart from Leon's work in recent works).
This needs to be addressed as we have lost our identity and soul.

We lost our identity and soul once we jopined the PL!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Protest 17 WBA on 16:29 - May 17 with 1059 viewsSwansea93

So if no protest towards Huw and them doesn't happen this Sunday, when is it going to happen the first game of the season when we've had yet another poor effort in the transfer window?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024