Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Protest 17 WBA 18:03 - May 14 with 18854 viewsRedAlert

We are a group of long term Swansea City supporters who will protest at the continued tenure of Huw Jenkins at the final game of this years premier league season. Certain non visible actions have been undertaken this season to make Jenkins and his cohorts aware we are unhappy at their continued presence at the club.

The reasoning for this is the sale of the club in 2016.

1. The non inclusion of the trust in negotiations. This is because a previous a bidder for our club was vetted by the trust and vetoed resulting in a non sale. The trust were not included in the actual sale some months later obviously due to the original veto.

2. This is because certain board members were to benefit to the tune of some millions and the inclusion of the trust in the sale may have prevented this windfall. Aside to this documentation is in existence that states this was not in agreement and any attempt to do so would be viewed negatively.

3. The non investment in to the club since the unamed American consortium was announced as owners. Yes there are a variety of front men, but these are not the actual owners of SCFC. Their continued payroll of Huw Jenkins is obviously their way of keeping the fans at arms length.

ACTION

To prevent further supporters action we now call upon the current front men in America to remove Huw Jenkins from any role at Swansea City in the week leading up to the WBA home game. If this is not apparent at the conclusion of the game we urge all supporters with Swansea City at heart to walk on to the pitch ( much the same as supporters did when the club reached the play off final v Reading, none were arrested and nobody was banned from the ground ) this is clearly a club precedent which enables supporters to do the same thing on Sunday. The protest we ask is lawful with supporters vocalising their discontent. We do not expect any steward employed by the club to prevent this and request they step aside to enable peaceful protest. Please be advised it is your democratic right to do so and you should not be prevented by any person in a democratic country. Yes, there are a variety of laws in relation to this but as stated stated none were activated after the Nottingham Forest playoff semi final. We expect the same on Sunday. Irrespective of your view we expect this to also to be enabled by those Swansea City supporters content with the current strategy in place for our club by these Americans. If needs be you can protest your dislike from the stand. We do not expect or desire any confrontation between fellow Swansea fans.

Much has been done this season outside of public view, we now encourage Swansea fans to make the step forwards publicly and protest post game on the pitch as to Huw Jenkins continued tenure at the club. We ( all of us ) are a group of supporters who have always been different, we have always had the clubs best interests at heart. Est 2001. Please bring your voices and banners on Sunday to bring about change at our club.

We urged no pitch encroachment until the end of the game and the final whistle.

Now is the time. Protest 2017. In the name of your club, to remove the greed in football.
We understand the website owner can leave this as a header to this forum and respectfully ask they do so.
[Post edited 14 May 2017 18:08]
Protest 17 WBA on 19:51 - May 17 with 2158 viewsLoyal

Protest 17 WBA on 16:21 - May 17 by vetchonian

Do we honestly think a"protest" such as this will make any difference or sway the Yanks?
Look at Blackpool as an example how many protests have they had against the owners ?
Todays situation is a long way from the Petty saga......these are hard headed business men not chancers...the club next season has an automatic revenue from the PL far in excess of the contribution from us paying customers unlike Petty who relied on gate receipts.....if they wanted to the Yanks can siphon out monies via management fees and use the income surplus form transfers and the PL money to recoup their "investment" then walk away.
What about if we see no investment or change in the summer all staying away .....how would they feel about pictures of an empty stadium being beamed back to the US?

any sort of pitch invasion incurs penalties to the club whcih could be in the form of points deduction......would we want to start next season with a minus points tally and financial .....I can hear the statement now "we would have spent more on signings but for the fact we had to pay the PL a fine as our fans broke the rules and invaded the pitch " and whilst nothing happened following the Notts Forest play off I bet the authorities would be down on us like a ton of bricks.
Hopefully the Trust will be taking Legal action soon or using the treat of this to negotiate.

So how do you know the club will be fined if there are pitch incursions on Sunday ?
And who wants to make a difference ?
That's not the point.
Keep the cnts on their toes.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Protest 17 WBA on 20:51 - May 17 with 2109 viewsgadcaz

Just for info

Pitch is not owned by club !!
Stewards are not employed by club !!
Therefore the club would not be bothered about any pitch protest or any damage to pitch caused by such protest so would said fans accept liability should damage be caused ??
Protest 17 WBA on 23:44 - May 17 with 2044 viewsPokerface

Protest 17 WBA on 19:56 - May 14 by pikeypaul

"We want Jenkins out" should be ringing in the greedy coonts ears when he leaves the Liberty next week.

Fans who want to protest at end of match should go in West car park.

Fans who wish to applaud players can stay in the ground and show appreciation.

Players normally do a lap of pitch at end of season, along with their families. If some bellends chose that moment ( when all directors are in the bar / comfort of inner sanctum) then they will achieve nothing more than to alienate players and split fans. Not the desired outcome surely.

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

Protest 17 WBA on 15:59 - May 18 with 1891 viewsNandosLlorente

Protest 17 WBA on 15:55 - May 15 by jack247

I'm genuinely not convinced we need a celebration. It's a massive relief yes, but it's been a dog of a season. Our worst since coming up.

Are West Brom having a party for not getting relegated? Are Burnley or Bournemouth?

I do get why people want to celebrate, but I think the owners need to be reminded that this season as a whole just wasn't good enough, not lauded for it.

West Brom, Burnley and Bournemouth haven't had 3 managers this season. None of these teams have had Bob Bradley manage their squad with no high-level football experience, and change the back 4 every game for 3 months.

I agree that the board and Jenkins need to be reminded that this is not acceptable.

But Sunday is not the right place to do it. Myself, and most fans are going to be celebrating and applauding Paul Clement and the squad for what they've managed to achieve since January to save our club from relegation and even worse matters.
Protest 17 WBA on 16:08 - May 18 with 1866 viewsDarran

On the night of Roger Freestones testimonial I bumped into Huw Jenkins at the entrance to the tunnel at the Vetch. Some will know,most people won't but it was a few days after we beat Hull to stay in the Football League.
I shook his hand and congratulated him on staying up.
He said "thanks Dar but just avoiding relegation is nothing to celebrate."

So in Huws own words avoiding relegation is nothing to celebrate.

Argument over!

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Protest 17 WBA on 16:12 - May 18 with 1847 viewsDafyddHuw

Protest 17 WBA on 16:06 - May 15 by waynekerr55

Just fall in line and accept it - be grateful that us, the great unwashed have this. We are customers and consumers, fans do not matter

Exactly.

Everybody tug forelocks and remember their place.
After all, who do we think we are having an opinion?
Protest 17 WBA on 17:31 - May 18 with 1792 views3swan

Protest 17 WBA on 16:08 - May 18 by Darran

On the night of Roger Freestones testimonial I bumped into Huw Jenkins at the entrance to the tunnel at the Vetch. Some will know,most people won't but it was a few days after we beat Hull to stay in the Football League.
I shook his hand and congratulated him on staying up.
He said "thanks Dar but just avoiding relegation is nothing to celebrate."

So in Huws own words avoiding relegation is nothing to celebrate.

Argument over!

You can't pick and choose when you believe what he says

Protest 17 WBA on 08:45 - May 21 with 1656 viewsRedAlert

it's time to grow a pair Jacks.
Login to get fewer ads

Protest 17 WBA on 08:55 - May 21 with 1628 viewslittle_britton

If this on the pitch protest is happening today then why not wait till after the players have done their lap around the pitch and then go on
Protest 17 WBA on 09:01 - May 21 with 1617 viewsexiledclaseboy

It'll be interesting to see if this gets off the ground (no pun intended). Personally, I'm ambivalent but if others want to protest then fine.

Poll: Tory leader

Protest 17 WBA on 09:06 - May 21 with 1608 viewsraynor94

I'll be in the pub straight after the game to continue the celebrations of staying up, if I'm able I'll log in tonight to see if anything occurred

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Protest 17 WBA on 11:46 - May 21 with 1525 viewsPokerface

Leon said in the Guardian interview that his 4 year old twins have been counting down the 'sleeps' until they get to do a lap of the pitch after the match. I bet that goes for alot of players. Don't ruin it.

There is nothing wrong with celebrating staying in the Prem and thanking the efforts of Paul and the players.

Protesting against Jenkins is understandable but not on pitch after match before players and families have 'SAFELY' left.

Protest 17 WBA on 16:55 - May 21 with 1439 viewsRedAlert

It was never about one day, it's about one man and his greed.
Still Jacks, you had your chance this season, next season at least they know how to inset their will in to your anal areas. You will just take it.

Altogether now, remember to do as you are told -

Chorus-
Swansea oh Swansea oh City said I
I'll sit in the liberty until the day I die
And when my clubs needs me - a lack of integrity
I'll still be sitting here - oh so lazily.

Now Swansea had some super fans with that there is no doubt
Way back we ran you out of town with a great big Swansea shout
Lewis, Hamer and McClure and that shit bag Petty
But nowadays we toe the line so pathetically.

So this season we had our chance to feel that north bank roar
But the idiots and sycophants just want to know the score
They care not about the sale of our beloved City
In time you will get your just deserts the dollar and Yankee.

The trust they sit there on their hands promising a proper cause
Whilst Huw counts his money out along with the sell out whores
The questions remain unanswered and when they had their chance
The Swansea fans just clapped their hands being led a fine old dance.

Nice one Jacks. Just another football club.
Protest 17 WBA on 17:09 - May 21 with 1390 viewsLoyal

Protest 17 WBA on 16:55 - May 21 by RedAlert

Still Jacks, you had your chance this season, next season at least they know how to inset their will in to your anal areas. You will just take it.

Chorus-

Now that did make me smile.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Protest 17 WBA on 18:13 - May 21 with 1295 viewsPokerface

Protest 17 WBA on 16:55 - May 21 by RedAlert

Chorus-

The ' non visible actions' mentioned in the op were carried out meticulously.

You have built a strong unit which SAS would be proud of. The months of planning paid off.

Well done.

Protest 17 WBA on 18:19 - May 21 with 1246 viewsBorojack

Protest 17 WBA on 18:13 - May 21 by Pokerface

You have built a strong unit which SAS would be proud of. The months of planning paid off.

Well done.

What time does the protest start.
Jenkins must be shaking in his boots tonight.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Protest 17 WBA on 18:25 - May 21 with 1212 viewsLoyal

Protest 17 WBA on 18:13 - May 21 by Pokerface

Well done.

I think he wrote a song just for you above. 😂

Protest 17 WBA on 18:35 - May 21 with 1172 viewsPokerface

I laughed when I read the song as well.

I felt awful today, being the only one not to join in the protest.

Protest 17 WBA on 18:36 - May 21 with 1167 viewswaynekerr55

The key to this is that the full facts are not as yet in the public domain. The outcome of today's meeting will decide the future action, if the truth is what the Trust says it is and they conduct a PR battle then more people may be tempted to voice discontent.

We await the outcome. Thank fúck we stayed up, but for me a clean break is needed now.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Protest 17 WBA on 18:39 - May 21 with 1141 viewsLoyal

Protest 17 WBA on 18:35 - May 21 by Pokerface

I laughed when I read the song as well.

I felt awful today, being the only one not to join in the protest.

It isn't a problem mate, after all we are premier league, there is little spirit for the fight and Huw knew it.

Protest 17 WBA on 18:42 - May 21 with 1131 viewsjesushchrist

So what times it kicking off them, I'm still sat in my seat waiting for the banners to be handed out, although I think it's only me and conkfinder left in the stadium.
Protest 17 WBA on 20:55 - May 21 with 922 viewsexiledclaseboy

No one protested today. Not even those berating the rest of us for not protesting.

Protest 17 WBA on 21:05 - May 21 with 886 viewsmorningstar

Protest 17 WBA on 20:55 - May 21 by exiledclaseboy

No one protested today. Not even those berating the rest of us for not protesting.

I'm thinking of protesting on Thursday if anyone else is up for it?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Protest 17 WBA on 21:08 - May 21 with 864 viewsswanjackal

Protest 17 WBA on 20:55 - May 21 by exiledclaseboy

Hunger strike during the game?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Protest 17 WBA on 21:19 - May 21 with 830 viewsexiledclaseboy

Protest 17 WBA on 21:08 - May 21 by swanjackal

Hunger strike during the game?

My mate bought a hot dog. Silly boy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024