Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? 09:51 - May 15 with 4368 viewsdickythorpe

Just goes to show you have to fight things out, and not make snap calls way before the season ends.
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 09:53 - May 15 with 2197 viewswaynekerr55

Guilty as charged

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 09:57 - May 15 with 2184 viewsPegojack

I did, but I never thought the Yanks would lose face by sacking Brad Bobbley until it was too late. So I was doubly wrong, I'm glad to say.
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 09:57 - May 15 with 2185 viewsnantywatcher

Still renewed, but yes I was certain we were down and out.
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 09:58 - May 15 with 2181 viewspencoedjack

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 09:53 - May 15 by waynekerr55

Guilty as charged

Me as well .... convinced myself the championship for a few seasons would be a good thing to soften the blow
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 09:58 - May 15 with 2178 viewsSwansNZ

With Bob in charge, never.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:00 - May 15 with 2156 viewsSwansNZ

Even before last week, I thought we were down.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:01 - May 15 with 2148 viewsDevz00

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 09:58 - May 15 by SwansNZ

With Bob in charge, never.

The day we beat Palace in that farce of a game at the Liberty, I said we were 100% relegated. Thank god we sacked him.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:01 - May 15 with 2148 viewsraynor94

Guilty

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:02 - May 15 with 2146 viewsmagicdaps10

I did.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:02 - May 15 with 2141 viewsdameedna

100 per cent

Nailed on

You make your own luck in soccer
[Post edited 15 May 2017 10:15]
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:05 - May 15 with 2112 viewsDarran

I didn't I always knew Mr Clement was waiting to save us.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:08 - May 15 with 2110 viewspencoedjack

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:02 - May 15 by dameedna

100 per cent

Nailed on

You make your own luck in soccer
[Post edited 15 May 2017 10:15]

We were also unlucky not to win at OT & get a point at Chelsea to name 2 games that spring to mind

You make your own luck in football
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:08 - May 15 with 2096 viewsDafyddHuw

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 09:57 - May 15 by Pegojack

I did, but I never thought the Yanks would lose face by sacking Brad Bobbley until it was too late. So I was doubly wrong, I'm glad to say.

Snap.

Most worrying thing for me was, I renewed when Coach Bob was here, and it's not as if I've got that sort of money to piss away.
Guess I'm gonna have to review my life priorities.
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:12 - May 15 with 2077 viewsTrundle10

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 09:58 - May 15 by pencoedjack

Me as well .... convinced myself the championship for a few seasons would be a good thing to soften the blow

It was September you said you wanted us to go down fella
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:13 - May 15 with 2073 viewsdameedna

Ill go back and edit last sentence

We did well enough....well done
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:15 - May 15 with 2053 viewsperchrockjack

No, yes,no yes,no

Roller coaster

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:16 - May 15 with 2052 viewsHighjack

Yes my normally cheery optimism had been smashed by Brad Bobley and losing 4-0 every week to crap teams.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:16 - May 15 with 2050 viewsswanjackal

At the season beginning, I worried that we may go down with Guidolin still in charge, which after the first few games was only more evident to me. Unfortunately what should have instilled more confidence in me, the sacking, was made into further trepidation by the Bradley appointment. I feared that between the two of them, that confidence was gone completely and there was next to no chance of survival.

My outlook changed when Clement was appointed, I didn't have full faith, even up until the last few weeks we would survive, but felt that the man in charge was the right one to build for the future, but this is only if he is allowed to build as he sees fit (whether it was in Prem or Championship).

So yes, everything leading up from the summer until the beginning of January had me feeling the season had arrived where the well finally run dry. Glad to be wrong though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:39 - May 15 with 1950 viewsjack247

Up until Bob got sacked, yes. We weren't even competing very often. Around the time Clement came in, I remember looking at the league table and thinking how lucky we were that while we were losing 3-0, the likes of Hull, Palace, Sunderland and Boro were getting beat as well.

I've been fairly confident since we won at Palace, though I did wobble a bit during our recentish dire run
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:48 - May 15 with 1922 viewsUxbridge

After the West Ham fiasco, I thought our goose was cooked. We had all the hallmarks of a team spiralling to relegation - we were poorly coached, weak in almost all key areas, disjointed and frankly looked beyond repair.

it just goes to show that getting rid of Bradley was the right call, and what an excellent job Clement has done in terms of somehow managing to turn that collection of individuals into a team. Plus, and I don't think this can be underestimated, the acquisitions in January really helped.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:50 - May 15 with 1911 viewsperchrockjack

Fair comment 247

We vex had our bitching but you ve ended the season in style and no matter who was right the result is all that matters whether anyone goes to games or not

I did a roll call at Sunderland and found nobody who d admit to posting.

Spoke to a lovely couple on the metro and as I mentioned it ,they both went rather pale.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:54 - May 15 with 1884 viewsDarran

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:50 - May 15 by perchrockjack

Fair comment 247

We vex had our bitching but you ve ended the season in style and no matter who was right the result is all that matters whether anyone goes to games or not

I did a roll call at Sunderland and found nobody who d admit to posting.

Spoke to a lovely couple on the metro and as I mentioned it ,they both went rather pale.

So you were going around at Sunderland asking people if they post on here?

Don't do drugs kids.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:54 - May 15 with 1894 viewsLandore_Jack

Loosing at home to West Ham and Bournemouth was hard to take. Both terrible performances. Really thought we were gone after loosing at home to Spurs.

#backtojack

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:57 - May 15 with 1879 viewsicecoldjack

I thought we were done at Xmas tbh.
I also thought we blew it after the huge recovery , that 6 game spell was torture !

All worked out ok i n the end , crazy season fair play .
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 11:03 - May 15 with 1838 viewsandypitt56

I thought we were gone before christmas. What a turn around, the bob bradley experiment nearly cost us though. At least the new owners realised they made a mistake.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024