Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? 09:51 - May 15 with 4312 viewsdickythorpe

Just goes to show you have to fight things out, and not make snap calls way before the season ends.
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 11:04 - May 15 with 1115 viewsraynor94

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:50 - May 15 by perchrockjack

Fair comment 247

We vex had our bitching but you ve ended the season in style and no matter who was right the result is all that matters whether anyone goes to games or not

I did a roll call at Sunderland and found nobody who d admit to posting.

Spoke to a lovely couple on the metro and as I mentioned it ,they both went rather pale.

What pub were you in Perch? We were in the Lambton Worm great welcome, can't speak highly enough of the Mackems, just like the Geordies, always a great welcome

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 11:14 - May 15 with 1097 viewsEasternJack

I thought we were gone long before Christmas.

Always felt optimistic once Clement was here.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 11:17 - May 15 with 1076 viewsperchrockjack

bluddy hell Ray,would hae loved to meet ya

Started in Chaplins then the Spoons round the back

After, the first pub on the right by the Bridge.

It was hard to get away

Next time, I ll give you details of the apartment block we stayed in Jesmond.

Great people ,as my post of yesterday stated, before it got derailed ,again.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 11:47 - May 15 with 1035 viewsBloodyhills

I thought we were dead twice. Christmas before Bradley was sacked and after the bad spell with Clement when a few injuries derailed us.

It has been an amazing escape. Hopefully lesson will be learnt and we won't be scraping along next season again.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 11:48 - May 15 with 1033 viewsBloodyhills

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:15 - May 15 by perchrockjack

No, yes,no yes,no

Roller coaster

LoL, that pretty mush sums it up for me.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 11:52 - May 15 with 1029 viewssherpajacob

After the west ham and Bournemouth games at Xmas, it was as clear as anything could be that if Bob stayed we were down, and I genuinely feared we were heading for league one.

Always felt the squad was ok, without being brilliant, and a decent manager would give us a,chance, more on the basis that there were plenty of really crap teams in PL this season for us to overtake, we may yet catch Watford and Burnley.

The blip over Easter did have me really worried.

In the list of all time important swans goals, this one is now right up there.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 11:52 - May 15 with 1021 viewsperchrockjack

And that was just in one day bloody

Just to let you know ...I bought a round of drinks yesterday before leaving and didn't obtain a receipt to claim out of pocket expenses

E Pail...special mention...as nuts as me but worry guy . You can have opposing political views without abuse ,honest. His lad is a great guy too and a credit to him

Also, wonderful to see flag Edinburgh Jacks..

Hope they don't have to report to this site as to when they go to games

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 12:20 - May 15 with 1004 viewstowns

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 09:58 - May 15 by SwansNZ

With Bob in charge, never.

with bob in charge I thought we would miss the championship and go straight to div 1
Login to get fewer ads

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 12:29 - May 15 with 989 viewsLandore_Jack

#backtojack

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 12:33 - May 15 with 970 viewsmonmouth

I won't believe we've not been relegated until August.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 12:33 - May 15 with 970 views34dfgdf54

I thought we were f*cked pretty much all the way, only when we beat Everton I started to believe.
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 12:37 - May 15 with 957 viewsWingstandwood

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 12:20 - May 15 by towns

with bob in charge I thought we would miss the championship and go straight to div 1

Me to! He still thought he was the dogs b@llocks and God's gift despite the horrendous defeats, the appalling amount of goals being scored against, the instantaneous collapse of team morale once a goal was conceded, his inability to sensibly pick a settled team etc etc etc.

The way the guy would (Me! Me! Me!) hold court in the most self indulgent and egotistical fashion, the way he could go on and on and on when the least said the better would have been the more sensible reaction. He must have some form of narcissistic personality disorder like Tony Blair who has never been wrong!

Argus!

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 14:36 - May 15 with 894 viewsMrSwerve

I don't think I actually felt 'safe' until the the second Palace goal went in against Hull yesterday. It made the drive home from Sunderland far more painless.

I'd kind of convinced myself and accepted that we were going down. We were a broken team at Christmas time, and before the recent Stoke game it looked as if we'd let our heads drop again. I just thought that whatever we kept doing, Hull would be able to match us.

I'll never forget the last month...ever.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 15:25 - May 15 with 864 viewscimlajack

I was convinced we were down at xmas,had a reprieve for a spell,then right up until the Everton game i was absolutely convinced we would be a championship club.

The Bradley appointment was truly shocking,right up there with the Cullis appointment,a vanity appointment by our new owners,i do sincerely hope that major lessons have been learnt.
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 15:26 - May 15 with 861 viewsCooperman

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 09:53 - May 15 by waynekerr55

Guilty as charged

Same here. After watching two stuffings in quick succession over Christmas I thought we were gone.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 16:26 - May 15 with 820 views3swan

At the start of the season I thought we were in for a struggle bit might just manage to stay up. Then what an appointment !!!!! New Years eve there was no way back and we were down.
A change and PC gave a glimmer of hope, dashed again by 1 point from 18.
We got some form at the right time, when others fell to the pressure.

Not an enjoyable season, but even saying that we've had a few good games
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 16:29 - May 15 with 818 viewsJackSkellington

A couple of weeks ago I was talking to a work colleague about how no matter whether we stayed up or went down, it's been the most intense season with both the highs and lows being felt to extremes in both directions, never known anything like it.

On the one hand the defeats to Middlesbrough, Spurs (x2), West Ham, Bournemouth etc were beyond dreadful, but on the other, the absolute elation felt at Rangel's goal at Palace, Llorente's two goals in injury time at home to Palace, the win away at Liverpool, turning around the non-penalties against Burnley and Man U, Stoke's penalty miss immediately followed by Carroll belting one in with a little help from Agent Allen...

It's been way too much tbh and I've had to take some weeks off watching games just to cope! I sincerely hope next season is a lot less exciting, god knows how Sunderland fans have coped doing this every bloody season.
[Post edited 15 May 2017 16:40]
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 16:35 - May 15 with 806 viewsSmellyplumz

Yep it looked terminal for a long time, far too close for comfort but we live to fight another day.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 16:57 - May 15 with 774 viewsjojaca

I always had faith!, in Huw we trust😘

Even when you know, you never know?

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 17:08 - May 15 with 751 viewsmonmouth

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 16:26 - May 15 by 3swan

At the start of the season I thought we were in for a struggle bit might just manage to stay up. Then what an appointment !!!!! New Years eve there was no way back and we were down.
A change and PC gave a glimmer of hope, dashed again by 1 point from 18.
We got some form at the right time, when others fell to the pressure.

Not an enjoyable season, but even saying that we've had a few good games

You say that, but that Everton goal and final whistle will stay with me forever. Nothing like that has stuck with me at all from Monk's highest point season or last season. Cardiff the season before is the only thing that gets anywhere near.

Add in Burnley and both Palace games and, with hindsight now it's all ok, it's been quite a blast.

What other team could survive after appointing a total numpty jerk as a manager and having clueless jokers as owners? Something to tell the grandkids.
[Post edited 15 May 2017 17:08]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 17:10 - May 15 with 736 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Definitely thought we were down. I had a horrible feeling they would just keep Bob on out of some American pride trip. Credit though, they woke up, smelled the coffee and made up for their mistake.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 17:11 - May 15 with 737 viewsaberhugh

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:05 - May 15 by Darran

I didn't I always knew Mr Clement was waiting to save us.

When Clement took over I bravely went to the bookies and lashed out £5. Predicted Swans to stay up and named the 3 to go down. At the time we were long odds to stay up and Boro long odds to go down. However, had no idea until my visit to the bookies today that the bet was 50/1. This time next year I'll be a millionaire!!
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 17:15 - May 15 with 723 viewsjdtswan

I thought we were f@cked when the summer transfer window closed
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 17:18 - May 15 with 707 viewsDarran

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 17:11 - May 15 by aberhugh

When Clement took over I bravely went to the bookies and lashed out £5. Predicted Swans to stay up and named the 3 to go down. At the time we were long odds to stay up and Boro long odds to go down. However, had no idea until my visit to the bookies today that the bet was 50/1. This time next year I'll be a millionaire!!

Where's my share?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 17:43 - May 15 with 678 viewsSwanjaxs

Well i started a thread declaring we'd conceded 100 goals so i got it spectacularly wrong 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024