Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? 09:51 - May 15 with 4366 viewsdickythorpe

Just goes to show you have to fight things out, and not make snap calls way before the season ends.
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 18:31 - May 15 with 1031 viewsJackfath

I backed the team and stated I wouldn't give up hope until it was mathematically impossible to stay in the league.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 18:38 - May 15 with 1021 viewsA_Fans_Dad

All the time BB was here I expected us to go down and when PC took over and we started to improve I had some hope.
Then along came the Hull game and they hammered us and what's more were allowed to hammer the shit out of our players.
I said on that match day thread they were trying to cripple us, not just for that game, but also for future games and they did.
After the next 5 games I thought we were done for and then the Real Llorente, Sigi & Olsson came back from those Hull injuries and the hope started to build again.
Hull's game plan nearly worked, they are the most cynical, ugly, cheating team in the prem and really deserve to go down, and we put them there with a little help from Palace.
[Post edited 16 May 2017 11:38]
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 19:21 - May 15 with 995 viewsBorojack

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:00 - May 15 by SwansNZ

Even before last week, I thought we were down.

I thought we would stay up after Stoke and was pretty sure after a great performance at Man U.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 19:30 - May 15 with 983 views3swan

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 17:08 - May 15 by monmouth

You say that, but that Everton goal and final whistle will stay with me forever. Nothing like that has stuck with me at all from Monk's highest point season or last season. Cardiff the season before is the only thing that gets anywhere near.

Add in Burnley and both Palace games and, with hindsight now it's all ok, it's been quite a blast.

What other team could survive after appointing a total numpty jerk as a manager and having clueless jokers as owners? Something to tell the grandkids.
[Post edited 15 May 2017 17:08]

"You say that, but"

So we agree, poor season but still a few highlights to look back on
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 19:32 - May 15 with 977 viewswaynekerr55

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 18:31 - May 15 by Jackfath

I backed the team and stated I wouldn't give up hope until it was mathematically impossible to stay in the league.

Super fan Fathy!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 19:40 - May 15 with 962 viewsJackfath

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 19:32 - May 15 by waynekerr55

Super fan Fathy!

Not at all. Just not so dramatic as many of the queens on here.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 19:46 - May 15 with 952 viewsspiderboy

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 18:31 - May 15 by Jackfath

I never really had any doubts about us surv iving.
Just disappointed that fabs never saved one in th last minute.
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 19:56 - May 15 with 932 viewsexiledclaseboy

I've been more or less convinced since early autumn that we were f*cked beyond redemption.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:36 - May 16 with 829 viewsKerouac

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 11:52 - May 15 by sherpajacob

After the west ham and Bournemouth games at Xmas, it was as clear as anything could be that if Bob stayed we were down, and I genuinely feared we were heading for league one.

Always felt the squad was ok, without being brilliant, and a decent manager would give us a,chance, more on the basis that there were plenty of really crap teams in PL this season for us to overtake, we may yet catch Watford and Burnley.

The blip over Easter did have me really worried.

In the list of all time important swans goals, this one is now right up there.

Great ball from Fer wasn't it...Rangel is just about the only Swans right-back I've ever watched who would even imagine that he could make that run, tidy left foot finish.
What a goal!

I am not prone to getting over excited but I text everyone I knew who was a jack within a minute of that goal...."Rangel you f*cking beauty!".
That goal was absolutely vital.

I had us down at Christmas.
Amazing turnaround, Clement deserves massive credit.
He has organised them and raised standards re: discipline and work ethic.
He made us very difficult to beat and gave Siggy and Llorente the platform to nab so many winners/equalizers.

However, we have to learn all over again how to pass and move accurately at pace, and how to unlock a defence.
He has a massive job on this summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 10:51 - May 16 with 817 viewsdameedna

His job next season cannot be as massive as his achievement this season.
If he brings in three or four pllayers who have already performed on the Epl we may be good. Plus keep what we have inc gylfi and llorente.
A striker. Winger. Defensive mid. Right back.
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 12:35 - May 16 with 798 viewskarnataka

I was pretty despondent after the B'mouth & WestHam home defeats but still clung to the hope that we still had half a season to go. Think I was back at that low ebb walking back to the car after the B'mouth away defeat in March because all the good work we'd done in the previous couple of months seemed to be unraveling with very poor performances in the defeats by Hull & Bournemouth and it looked like we were going into another tailspin. The away defeat at Watford looked like the end of the line after taking just 1 point from a possible 18 and I just couldn't see us turning it around, especially not in the spectacular way we did.
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 13:55 - May 16 with 768 viewsbuilthjack

Once Clement was appointed I said many times that we would not go down.
Keep the faith and believe was what I said.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 18:36 - May 16 with 721 viewsRuDeMan1970

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 18:38 - May 15 by A_Fans_Dad

All the time BB was here I expected us to go down and when PC took over and we started to improve I had some hope.
Then along came the Hull game and they hammered us and what's more were allowed to hammer the shit out of our players.
I said on that match day thread they were trying to cripple us, not just for that game, but also for future games and they did.
After the next 5 games I thought we were done for and then the Real Llorente, Sigi & Olsson came back from those Hull injuries and the hope started to build again.
Hull's game plan nearly worked, they are the most cynical, ugly, cheating team in the prem and really deserve to go down, and we put them there with a little help from Palace.
[Post edited 16 May 2017 11:38]

Couldn't have put it better myself. They did the league double over us. They beat us in the FA Cup. They tried (and in some cases succeeded) to maim our players. They even beat us to the City of Culture. But the one time they desperately wanted to beat us THEY FAILED. Justice was served. GOOD. RIDDANCE. FECKING. HULL.
Aaaah, now that feels better...

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 00:32 - May 17 with 658 viewsa_Swanderful_life

guilty - and when we should have had all the points against man-cheater united I thought I heard the fat lady singing. but it turned out to be bob bradley got his balls in his zip and it all turned out ok after all.
same again next season?
if we can get rid of huw Jenkins (he's already commenting on the squad overhaul) then I wont need to renew my season ticket to the Samaritans (thank god a lot of them are from Cardiff so used to despair).
Leon Britton statue for the liberty (if we can raise through crowd funding) - we can site it where Huw Jenkins used to sit.
Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 05:30 - May 17 with 611 viewsphact0rri

I will admit as positive as I have been about our chances, there was a bit of lip service, as I did have doubt in my heart. Lets not go through this again for a while.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Be honest, how many on here thought our goose was cooked at Xmas? on 08:19 - May 17 with 575 viewsDr_Winston

Anyone who claims they didn't think we were gonners over Xmas and NYE are basically lying.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024